• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

We should be going out to hammer this shower of utter garbage and putting a marker down for the season. 

4-0 Heart of Midlothian. 

That's the spirit.  :thumb:

FTH.

Selkirkhmfc1874

4-3-2-1 for me and 4 nil .

Gordon.

Smith.

Hackett.

Rowles.

Cochrane,.

Haring.

Dealing.

Grant.

Mckay.

Shankland.

Forrest.

3 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

For me Hibs are ones that can't handle the pressure from the club players to the fans they get so wound up talk crap in press and turn up hoping. We expect to go and win and its crap when we even draw never mind lose however they celebrate draws with laps of honour so Stevo has a point. What worries me more is the clown in charge who has previous open season kick a hearts player and i ll do nothing.

Screenshot_20220805-181401_Edge.jpg

I think they’ll play Stevenson in midfield on Sunday to do exactly what he’s doing there!

45 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

4-3-2-1 for me and 4 nil .

Gordon.

Smith.

Hackett.

Rowles.

Cochrane,.

Haring.

Dealing.

Grant.

Mckay.

Shankland.

Forrest.

Bit early for the 2 new signings Hackett and Dealing 😂 (sorry couldn’t resist)

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Good post. We will win on Sunday though. 

We will if we play 4231 and Halliday isn’t playing 

Not  confident in this 352 with two wing backs that aren’t up to this 

To play this 352 you need serious athletes to track up and down 

Bazzas right boot

I reckon Grant, Boyce and Shankland will all start

Part of the reason some players were kept safe was because Bob thought we'd deal with Ross County without a few players. 

He's also held something back, Hibs won't know Grant very well or how Boyce and Shankland will work together. 

Coaches and managers will look at a run of games and adapt or change things for various reasons.

Fans have tunnel vision and think only of the next game or the first 15 minutes of the next game. 

Hibs are getting it right up the farter. 

15 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Who remembers singing this at the derby games in the 80s. 😂

They must have been up the whole night coming up with those lyrics......

Aussie Jambo
4 minutes ago, Daktari said:

They must have been up the whole night coming up with those lyrics......

Made for a good twirly song as everyone could learn the words really easy. 

20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I reckon Grant, Boyce and Shankland will all start

Part of the reason some players were kept safe was because Bob thought we'd deal with Ross County without a few players. 

He's also held something back, Hibs won't know Grant very well or how Boyce and Shankland will work together. 

Coaches and managers will look at a run of games and adapt or change things for various reasons.

Fans have tunnel vision and think only of the next game or the first 15 minutes of the next game. 

Hibs are getting it right up the farter. 

good points.  Think your bang on

27 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Who remembers singing this at the derby games in the 80s. 😂

Only you? What were the alternative Hearts lyrics?

44 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I think they’ll play Stevenson in midfield on Sunday to do exactly what he’s doing there!

Their game plan will be to hack us and dive and time waste. Always the same.  They will play all the cloggers they can for the draw. 
Oh yes and hoof ball

Edited by 1971fozzy

Aussie Jambo

I think and from what I saw comments wise on FB is keep Sibbick away from this game. Tend to agree as he will be exploited for sure. No defending pish. Full on attack from the start. 2-3 goals first half. Don’t give the hobos any ball time. Dominate & destroy. 

FTH mon the JTs 

11 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Hibs 'legend' Graham Mitchell 🤣🤣🤣

I suppose he did win the League Cup with them but Christ, you could probably count the amount of derby wins he enjoyed on one hand. The guy was utter shite. 🤣

0n one finger 

47 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Apparently out injured as is Mitchell and Tavares is suspended.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Apparently out injured as is Mitchell and Tavares is suspended.

how’s is he suspended already? 

Aussie Jambo
5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Only you? What were the alternative Hearts lyrics?

None. Exactly as is. Never understood where the terrace song came from but a good scarf twirler.  Also ‘By The Lights .. 👏👏👏👏👏👏’. 

Always reminds me of Easter road games and Fozzy scoring and jumping on the fence. I near got squashed with the ‘Gorgie Sway’. Another shed song from back in the day. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

how’s is he suspended already? 

Carried over from last season in Portugal apparently.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Carried over from last season in Portugal apparently.

Hibernian attacker Jair Tavares will sit out Sunday’s cinch Premiership showdown with Hearts at Easter Road as he serves a suspension carried over from his time in Portugal.

Paul Hanlon, who underwent knee surgery at the end of last season, could feature in his first competitive game this term after coming through a development team match in midweek.

Lewis Stevenson and Demetri Mitchell are both out with hamstring problems, while long-term injury victims Aiden McGeady, Kevin Nisbet and Kyle Magennis are still sidelined by their respective knee issues.

Hearts defender Stephen Kingsley is battling to return from a hamstring injury.

Kingsley took part in some of Friday’s training session and will be assessed before Sunday’s game.

Nathaniel Atkinson is fit after going off early against Ross County last weekend following a bout of illness. Beni Baningime (knee) still faces a lengthy period on the sidelines.

Edited by wavydavy

4 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I think and from what I saw comments wise on FB is keep Sibbick away from this game. Tend to agree as he will be exploited for sure. No defending pish. Full on attack from the start. 2-3 goals first half. Don’t give the hobos any ball time. Dominate & destroy. 

FTH mon the JTs 

Agree with the sentiment AJ but I don’t think we are that team by nature. (As in intense pressing, primed to run our legs off).

I don’t expect us to hammer Hibs at all, beat them, yes, but im yet to see a proper potency in this Hearts team that naturally transitions defence to attack almost seamlessly that it gives opposition the fear.  

It’s old hat but we don’t tend to fly out the traps under RN, no matter how often he picks it up himself in after match interviews. 

Aussie Jambo
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree with the sentiment AJ but I don’t think we are that team by nature. (As in intense pressing, primed to run our legs off).

I don’t expect us to hammer Hibs at all, beat them, yes, but im yet to see a proper potency in this Hearts team that naturally transitions defence to attack almost seamlessly that it gives opposition the fear.  

It’s old hat but we don’t tend to fly out the traps under RN, no matter how often he picks it up himself in after match interviews. 

True. Wishful thinking on my behalf. But you never know with all the new boys. Big game a lot to prove. We have to attack and that was majority of the comments I read on the derby post on our FB page. All saying no Sibbick and attack and get about Hibs from the get go. Tend to agree but Robbies defensive tactics are the worry  at Fester Road. I think we will scunner them myself. About time we gave them a real good hiding.  

22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Hibernian attacker Jair Tavares will sit out Sunday’s cinch Premiership showdown with Hearts at Easter Road as he serves a suspension carried over from his time in Portugal.

Paul Hanlon, who underwent knee surgery at the end of last season, could feature in his first competitive game this term after coming through a development team match in midweek.

Lewis Stevenson and Demetri Mitchell are both out with hamstring problems, while long-term injury victims Aiden McGeady, Kevin Nisbet and Kyle Magennis are still sidelined by their respective knee issues.

Kingsley took part in some of Friday’s training session and will be assessed before Sunday’s game.

Nathaniel Atkinson is fit after going off early against Ross County last weekend following a bout of illness. Beni Baningime (knee) still faces a lengthy period on the sidelines.

If he had a suspension from Portugal surely it should've applied to last week?

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

From 1st august

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

That was my thinking too.

43 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

FTH mon the JTs 

You’re never going to get ‘full on attack’ from the start with Robbie Neilson. You might see it at some stage during the game but we just don’t do it from the start.

I imagine we’ll go 3-4-3 and with Kingsley probably not making it that means Sibbick plays unless he puts Neilson in.

The decisions he has to make is RWB between Atkinson and Smith

The midfield 2 could be any combination of Devlin, Haring, Halliday and Grant. Happy with any combination there. 

Mackay and Forrest up front with either Shankland or Boyce, would prefer Shankland to start but this is a game he has to produce in and you wouldn’t be surprised to see Boyce start

Subs could be really important here

Edited by JimmyCant

37 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

None. Exactly as is. Never understood where the terrace song came from but a good scarf twirler.  Also ‘By The Lights .. 👏👏👏👏👏👏’. 

Always reminds me of Easter road games and Fozzy scoring and jumping on the fence. I near got squashed with the ‘Gorgie Sway’. Another shed song from back in the day. 

Yay!

🎶🎵🎶

By the light (by the light, by the light),

Of the silvery moo-oo-oon;

We're the Talk o' the Too-oo-oon,

We're the Boys in Maroo-oo-oon."

🎶🎵🎶

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You’re never going to get ‘full on attack’ from the start with Robbie Neilson. You might see it at some stage during the game but we just don’t do it from the start.

I imagine we’ll go 3-4-3 and with Kingsley probably not making it that means Sibbick plays unless he puts Neilson in.

The midfield 2 could be any combination of Devlin, Haring, Halliday and Grant. Happy with any combination there. 

Mackay and Forrest up front with either Shankland or Boyce, would prefer Shankland to start but this is a game he has to produce in and you wouldn’t be surprised to see Boyce start

I wouldn’t be surprised to see our other formation used (4-2-3-1).

Can’t see Kingsley making it. Hope he does. If not, my guess would be:

Gordon 

Smith/Atkinson 

Halkett

Rowles

Cochrane

Haring

Grant 

McKay

Forrest 

Boyce 

Shankland

Bazzas right boot

If Kingsley isn't 100% then bin him for sun. 

It's not worth risking 1 game for the next 3 months, he's a massive player but if he misses hibs then fair enough. 

I'd rather have him for the next 20 games. 

Big Loss but not worth risking. 

7 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see our other formation used (4-2-3-1).

Can’t see Kingsley making it. Hope he does. If not, my guess would be:

Gordon 

Smith/Atkinson 

Halkett

Rowles

Cochrane

Haring

Grant 

McKay

Forrest 

Boyce 

Shankland

4-2-3-1 would be workable but it’s has to be Smith at RB and he’d play a more defensive holder like Devlin or Halliday beside Haring

14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

4-2-3-1 would be workable but it’s has to be Smith at RB and he’d play a more defensive holder like Devlin or Halliday beside Haring

I’d go 4 at the back definitely if Kingsley doesn’t make it.  We don’t have the players to go 3 if he’s not fit. Smith right back please. Natty on the bench and if we are by any chance behind he can come on and we change shape. 
I reckon Halliday will start with Haring in the middle with Maybe Grant / Boyce as the 10 and shankland up top. With Forrest and Mackay on the wings. 4-4-1-1

Edited by 1971fozzy

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Good news, I thought he might’ve been done for that awful challenge last week, obviously suspended a lot. He really should’ve been suspended last week surely but it’s all good. 

33 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hmm ... that may very well be true; or is it?

Last season we scored 17% of our goals in the first ten minutes. For the life of me, I cannae imagine how Robbie managed to achieve that by being wholeheartedly defensive. Can you enlighten us please?

Screenshot_20220805-235635_Chrome.jpg

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Bit early for the 2 new signings Hackett and Dealing 😂 (sorry couldn’t resist)

Stupid predictive text haha

52 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

So we've got to attack more between the 11th and 20th minute.

(or be better at it)

Indeed we do. 😁

Seriously, though; to me it looks like, for last season, that we were most productive in the 1st 10 mins and the 10 mins spanning the end of the 1st half and the beginning of the 2nd half. The rest of the time? Pretty consistant other than minutes 11 to 20. I'm guessing that that's when the game 'settles down' for a bit.

Anyhoo, I was merely countering the notion that we don't start off on the front foot. Robbie disnae dae that, ye ken? The more certain folks claim that to be true, the more it becomes a 'fact', whereas in reality it's nonsense.

It's kinda like the overall notion held by many that Hearts under Robbie are too defensive. How come we score so many goals then, eh? It must screw up some people's brains trying to figure it out.

Ach, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics. That, for sure, is a fact! 😀

No Idle Talk

Have your heard of the Heart of Midlothian

Have you seen them in 'maroan'

Have you heard of the Heart of Midlothian

They're the greatest team I know

We have played in South Morocco

We have played in the USA

But the greatest game in history

Is the game on New Year's Day

FTH!

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Last season we scored 17% of our goals in the first ten minutes. For the life of me, I cannae imagine how Robbie managed to achieve that by being wholeheartedly defensive. Can you enlighten us please?

Okay so first up I didn’t say a single word about being defensive. I said you wouldn’t see ‘full on attack’  from the start and you won’t . Depends entirely what you mean by ‘full on attack’ of course . Good stats though. WTF is wrong with us in minutes 11-20 though ! 😂

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Okay so first up I didn’t say a single word about being defensive. I said you wouldn’t see ‘full on attack’  from the start and you won’t . Depends entirely what you mean by ‘full on attack’ of course . Good stats though. WTF is wrong with us in minutes 11-20 though ! 😂

It would seem that 1 in 6 games we are settling in after scoring; the rest of the time we're just settling in, or playing the OF

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It would seem that 1 in 6 games we are settling in after scoring; the rest of the time we're just settling in, or playing the OF

Shhhhhhhh that’s not the way your supposed to interpret stats. That stat is telling you we blow teams away by getting fast out the blocks dontcha know 😀

Aussie Jambo
7 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Yay!

🎶🎵🎶

By the light (by the light, by the light),

Of the silvery moo-oo-oon;

We're the Talk o' the Too-oo-oon,

We're the Boys in Maroo-oo-oon."

🎶🎵🎶

👏👏👏 👏👏👏

Remnants of Standards

Buddy can you spare a spare?! Coming back early from Krakow to glasgow then mad dash through to probs find a tv somewhere. Where's best to watch it around gorgie?

1 minute ago, Remnants of Standards said:

Buddy can you spare a spare?! Coming back early from Krakow to glasgow then mad dash through to probs find a tv somewhere. Where's best to watch it around gorgie?

Tynie Arms 

Jack Torrance

They're a shambles. It's gonna be a massacre. Good opportunity to build our goal difference against bottom-six fodder.

8 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Are you including cup games? Up until February we’d only scored in the opening 10 mins in 5 league matches.  

I think people mean in nature of performance from the start.   We’ve always got the players there that can do something in the moment and that’s more proven when we actually settle down and begin to turn the screw more.

Again, I’m not really huge on stats and going to pick Hearts up on it. The early parts of matches tend to be tight and maybe you see less goals in general than other periods? People just become uneasy at regular, cagey starts. 👍🏻

Edited by Debut 4