***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

MarkDevriesScores4

Has Rocky played a game in preseason/premier cup/league this season that he’s not been booked in? 

i know he’s had 4 yellows minimum 

My favourite to get sent off on Sunday 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

maroonlegions

Its just a matter of time on Sunday when we start to control the game, then when we do, there is only one outcome.

296166858_10162224217394762_9078679203778964721_n.jpg

Got to start better than we did on Saturday, a first half like that could see them beat us on Sunday. I'm hoping we come out all guns blazing and go for them early doors. No cautious play, they are there for the taking. Got to start Grant, think him Forrest and McKay could have a field day with quick passing and movement in the final third, don't think Hibs have anyone who can deal with them if we play fast football on the deck. My worry is the ref lets them away with clogging us early doors. They clearly targeted McKay in the semi final by putting him up in the air and no doubt will do the same again. 

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Got to start better than we did on Saturday, a first half like that could see them beat us on Sunday. I'm hoping we come out all guns blazing and go for them early doors. No cautious play, they are there for the taking. Got to start Grant, think him Forrest and McKay could have a field day with quick passing and movement in the final third, don't think Hibs have anyone who can deal with them if we play fast football on the deck. My worry is the ref lets them away with clogging us early doors. They clearly targeted McKay in the semi final by putting him up in the air and no doubt will do the same again. 

Vermin.They cant help it, rotten to the core with a ned fan base, what else could go wrong.

On 31/07/2022 at 13:58, Portable Badger said:

If you hear of anywhere then let me know and I’ll maybe come and join up.   I don’t live too many miles from Pompey

👍🏻

The Ship Anson, Badger. 👍🇱🇻 hope you can make it I will be with the wife my lass and her partner.

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Has Rocky played a game in preseason/premier cup/league this season that he’s not been booked in? 

i know he’s had 4 yellows minimum 

My favourite to get sent off on Sunday 

I just hope that when Rocky is sent off one of ours doesn't have to get subbed because he's injured.

6 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I just hope that when Rocky is sent off one of ours doesn't have to get subbed because he's injured.

Likes to swing his elbows about scored Hibs goal with one and should have been sent off for assaulting a St Johnstone player with a nother ……….. just need the officials to pay closer attention 

Pasquale for King

Pick the right team, start fast and our quality should shine through, couple of early goals and pick them off from there, could be a memorable day..

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pick the right team, start fast and our quality should shine through, couple of early goals and pick them off from there, could be a memorable day..

I think so too ……… I am not normally as confident of a win for a derby that is not a must win but look at the forward players we have ………….. if our defence gets its shit in order we are winning no doubt about it 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think so too ……… I am not normally as confident of a win for a derby that is not a must win but look at the forward players we have ………….. if our defence gets its shit in order we are winning no doubt about it 

Absolutely, can’t wait tbh. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, can’t wait tbh. 

Hope fully the management team have seen every thing they need to from our opening fixture and they all ready know how they are setting us up

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, poultry said:

The Ship Anson, Badger. 👍🇱🇻 hope you can make it I will be with the wife my lass and her partner.

I will certainly be along - 55yrs, handsome, 6’2’’ and built like a brickshithouse and possibly wearing maroon !!! 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hope fully the management team have seen every thing they need to from our opening fixture and they all ready know how they are setting us up

Yes a good performance in both halves is overdue. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Heart says 6-0, head says 0-0.

I've always preferred my heart.

What does yer body say? 

Rick Sanchez

Your winning Hearts team brought to you by Carabao.

Craig Gordon.

Michael Smith

Craig Halkett

Kye Rowles

Nathaniel Atkinson

Cameron Devlin

Peter Haring

Alex Cochrane

Barrie McKay

Alan Forrest

Lawrence Shankland

Disser Pointon
39 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Craig Gordon.

Michael Smith

Craig Halkett

Kye Rowles

Nathaniel Atkinson

Cameron Devlin

Peter Haring

Alex Cochrane

Barrie McKay

Alan Forrest

Lawrence Shankland

Grant to start for me ahead of Cammy

Rick Sanchez
24 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Grant to start for me ahead of Cammy

I'll give you that, slipped my mind 🤦‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Craig Gordon.

Michael Smith

Craig Halkett

Kye Rowles

Nathaniel Atkinson

Cameron Devlin

Peter Haring

Alex Cochrane

Barrie McKay

Alan Forrest

Lawrence Shankland

I think we missed Boyce on Saturday, he needs to be the link between midfield and attack. 

Gordon. 

Smith.  Halkett.  Rowles. Cochrane. 

Devlin. Grant.  

Boyce

Forrest.  Shankland.  Mackay. 

Boyces beard

i would like to see a 4-2-3-1 

Craig Gordon

Michael Smith 

Craig Halkett

Kye Rowles

Alex Cochrane

Jorge Grant

Cameron Devlin

Alan Forrest

Liam Boyce

Barrie McKay

Lawrence Shankland

Went for Smith (experience and better defender) at right back as i reckon Atkinson could also cover the right wing position from the bench.

Haring on the bench would be a good option should he be needed as we will need Cammy's energy in the middle of the park and Jorge Grant has to start.

Get Boyce in behind Shankland with McKay and Forrest buzzing about either side of Boyce and have Jorge Grant supporting from deep.

Most likely be 343 though as that's what Robbie favours.

Either way lets just get these delusional tramps pumped.

5-1 the Famous

gordiegords

Must start quicker, same thing happened a few games against them last season and as crap as they are they always look more at it in the in the beginning anyway. My first trip to fester? Hhgh.

MarkDevriesScores4
Just now, One five said:

What is his injury mate?

Hamstring. Reported to be out for 2-3 weeks the last I heard 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Long season.  Correct decision for me.  Hubs are pap anyway.  

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Long season.  Correct decision for me.  Hubs are pap anyway.  

Agreed. We have more than enough in the squad to wipe the floor with them without risking him. 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Hammy last week.

2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Hamstring has no quick fix unfortunately, 2-3 weeks is not bad.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Devlin is made for the derby - particularly with the bampots with no discipline in their team. 

I do think Grant deserves to keep his place as well.

I don’t think Haring played well at the weekend - he improved after half time but from a 0 to only around a 5. 

So my midfield two would be Devlin and Grant. 

I think the front 3 will get another start together.

I don’t know about the defence at all - I was worried about it in the pre-season games and last week didn’t make me feel much better.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The last para. 

:HeartsManspotrun:

Screenshot_20220801_193758_com.android.chrome.jpg

And who is the manager of Portimonense when he was there? Definitely would have had some encouraging words to say about us.

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

1-1 for me as well. 

Soap, mouth, your, out, with, wash.

Please re-arrange 👆 into a well known phrase. 😆

What's wrong with the customary 6-3 (or, in this case 3-6) prediction? Mind you, as much as I can imagine us sticking 6 past them, I cannae see H1b5 scoring more than a consolation.  😉

Remember this game? Total scenes in the away end. I'd forgotten about their #13 having a blatent stamp but well remember the ironic cheer from the Hearts support at their consolation goal. Watch this to the end and you can't fail to spot their empty stands. I predict a similar fire drill on Sunday.

Also; decent pen from Clare, a superb strike from Bosanic, and a cool finish from Washington.

The post-match squeeze over the 'Bridge of Doom' was a total joy that day.

Ps ... my spare ticket has been snapped up. 

Not really a big fan of the derby being so soon. I think Johnson will set up defensively and it will be a cagey game. I don't want to see us drop points this early, so hopefully we can soldier through and get the win. I think man for man we have a better team. 

53 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

What's wrong with the customary 6-3 (or, in this case 3-6) prediction? Mind you, as much as I can imagine us sticking 6 past them, I cannae see H1b5 scoring more than a consolation.  😉

Remember this game? Total scenes in the away end. I'd forgotten about their #13 having a blatent stamp but well remember the ironic cheer from the Hearts support at their consolation goal. Watch this to the end and you can't fail to spot their empty stands. I predict a similar fire drill on Sunday.

Also; decent pen from Clare, a superb strike from Bosanic, and a cool finish from Washington.

same score coming up mate 👍

432AFB59-2B70-46A2-B67A-C1D941904FBE.png

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Couldn't help but notice a lot of empty seats there, long before the fire drill.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Djnoisy said:

And who is the manager of Portimonense when he was there? Definitely would have had some encouraging words to say about us.

I dunno!, enlighten me.