***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

They play 4-2-3-1 so let’s match it. We have better players in every position so no need to try and be more clever than them. 

Gordon

Smith Halkett Rowles Cochrane
            Haring Grant

Forrest Boyce Mckay

Shankland 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

49 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

The answer is none.

And? If he’s never won at ER does that mean he’ll never win at ER? 

🤡 

10 minutes ago, DS98 said:

They play 4-2-3-1 so let’s match it. We have better players in every position so no need to try and be more clever than them. 

Gordon

Haring Grant

Forrest Boyce Mckay

Shankland 

That looks a jolly good line up to me and far too good for Hibs.

3-0.

18 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

And? If he’s never won at ER does that mean he’ll never win at ER? 

🤡

No. It does mean that winning isn't normal which was the original post 

36 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100% win record at Hampden though eh?

Yes and that's great. It doesn't mean we'll win next week. 

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

No. It does mean that winning isn't normal which was the original post 

It is normal. History shows that. Pumped them for well over a century.

1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

It is normal. History shows that. Pumped them for well over a century.

But Neilson has bucked that trend 

I hope it changes on Sunday but let's not kid on we always win.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

But Neilson has bucked that trend 

I hope it changes on Sunday but let's not kid on we always win.

Neilson that's undefeated against Hibs during this spell in charge? 

10 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Yes and that's great. It doesn't mean we'll win next week. 

We’ll be winning next week. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Neilson that's undefeated against Hibs during this spell in charge? 

Yes and how many wins at Easter Road?

Just now, Irufushi said:

More hearts wins than hibs wins at ER.

Under Robbie?

I'm coming across as more negative than I want to be but his derby record isn't great  

buzzbomb1958
1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It starts next week surely Robbie must know that beating the vermin will be the catalyst for a great season and sending them into a downward spiral , we have the better players all over the park , just go out and play good attacking football the rest will take care of itself

Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

It starts next week surely Robbie must know that beating the vermin will be the catalyst for a great season and sending them into a downward spiral , we have the better players all over the park , just go out and play good attacking football the rest will take care of itself

Again heres hoping. 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

How many losses? I would prefer to win at Hampden than Easter Road to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How many losses? I would prefer to win at Hampden than Easter Road to be honest. 

So would I. 

That's not really the point though  

One things for sure Jorge Grant needs to start this game.

If we are sticking to 3 at the back and assuming Kinsley is still injured, then I would go with

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Rowles

Atkinson Grant Haring Cochrane

Forrest Shankland Mckay

In terms of the result I can see this being a tight game as we are away from home, I will go with another 2-1 win but I wouldn't be surprised if we drew 1-1, we really need to start the match better than we did against County.

Thumperbeni
3 hours ago, McCrae said:

He played very well yesterday.

How many challenges did he lose?

How many chances were created by mistakes he made?

How many times did the ball over the top beat him?

How many missed passes?

Sibbick has had a very good preseason. If Kingsley is out who else would you play?

He was caught in possession countless times yesterday and gave the ball away on a number of occasions, looked a bag of nerves whenever he was given the ball and wanted to get rid of it almost immediately. Improved slightly after the break but that wouldn’t have been hard as he was awful first half, he should not be played in a defensive role again, could possibly do a job as a sitting midfielder but as long as we have fit defenders then he shouldn’t get a sniff in defence IMO.

We are all over the place?

Interesting how some people view life.

Edited by Turkishcap

Nelly Terraces

Wonder if it'll be like the semi final & their sole tactic will be to butcher us off the park, and be allowed to get away with it by a totally shite set of officials? 

Lets get it up this shower of utter kants. 

Thought Police
19 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Wonder if it'll be like the semi final & their sole tactic will be to butcher us off the park, and be allowed to get away with it by a totally shite set of officials? 

Lets get it up this shower of utter kants. 

Colleague is a St Johnstone fan and said Hibs were just kicking everyone on Saturday, so I do expect a continuation of that.

Clark Griswold
42 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

We are all over the place?

Interesting how some people view life.

It never ceases to amaze me where they get their unfounded optimism from. 

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Colleague is a St Johnstone fan and said Hibs were just kicking everyone on Saturday, so I do expect a continuation of that.

Murray Davidson was sent off for a yellow card challenge. The Hibs boys tackle on Gowser was an absolute shocker. Much, much worse and no red card. Johnson has also labelled the thug (Josh Campbell or whatever his thug name is) as his "swiss army knife" - very fitting using a weapon to describe an utter weapon of a player. No doubt it will be physical, we will be labelled "cheaturz".

26 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Murray Davidson was sent off for a yellow card challenge. The Hibs boys tackle on Gowser was an absolute shocker. Much, much worse and no red card. Johnson has also labelled the thug (Josh Campbell or whatever his thug name is) as his "swiss army knife" - very fitting using a weapon to describe an utter weapon of a player. No doubt it will be physical, we will be labelled "cheaturz".

Maybe not a good game for Devlin to be involved in then.

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

:facepalm:

Screenshot_20220801-073002_Samsung Internet.jpg

Isn't it funny how they conveniently forget about Tom Farmer conning the bank into writing off a huge chunk of their debt?

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe not a good game for Devlin to be involved in then.

why? he loves winding them up, he isnt shy, exactly the game for him. His energy was massively lacking in midfield on saturday. Haring and Devlin centre pairing would be a good shout. ALso would like Boyce to play too, think his experience will be good

Absolute Scenes

Hibs fans are really relishing playing us after scraping a last minute winner against the basket case that is St Johnstone. Suddenly all is forgotten - quite frightening how their minds work. 

We faced a wired and match sharp County team who will be fighting for top 6 again and still came out winners when we weren't on our game, or had our strongest team starting/playing. 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

why? he loves winding them up, he isnt shy, exactly the game for him. His energy was massively lacking in midfield on saturday. Haring and Devlin centre pairing would be a good shout. ALso would like Boyce to play too, think his experience will be good

He can't keep his mouth shut and is always pestering the ref and he has this annoying habit (to me at least) of running to get involved in things when he doesn't need to. Gets the back up with refs in my opinion. 

I think he could be a liabilty with their wind-up merchants like Campbell and Porteous and is a strong candidate for a red card.

I agree about Boyce and thought he should have been on earlier on Saturday alongside Shankland. I do appreciate though that Shankland has not played too many games and Robbie is not wanting to stretch him too far too soon.

Just now, indianajones said:

Start Grant and Boyce. 

Play with speed and urgency. 

Kick the **** out them.

Can't argue with that.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He can't keep his mouth shut and is always pestering the ref and he has this annoying habit (to me at least) of running to get involved in things when he doesn't need to. Gets the back up with refs in my opinion. 

I think he could be a liabilty with their wind-up merchants like Campbell and Porteous and is a strong candidate for a red card.

I agree about Boyce and thought he should have been on earlier on Saturday alongside Shankland. I do appreciate though that Shankland has not played too many games and Robbie is not wanting to stretch him too far too soon.

Good I’m glad he’s a wee gobshite

he has never been a liability so not sure where this comes from

glad we agree about Boyce. Not sure playing only Boyce or Shankland would work, think starting both as well as Grant is a good shout. Not sure who drops for him though. Smith back to the bench? 

20 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

If you hear of anywhere then let me know and I’ll maybe come and join up.   I don’t live too many miles from Pompey

👍🏻

Will do mate.

AlphonseCapone

I assume we've not sold out our allocation yet since no announcement from the club. Surely need to see another phase very soon. 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Good I’m glad he’s a wee gobshite

he has never been a liability so not sure where this comes from

glad we agree about Boyce. Not sure playing only Boyce or Shankland would work, think starting both as well as Grant is a good shout. Not sure who drops for him though. Smith back to the bench? 

He gets needless bookings not what you want in a highly charged game at Easter Rd.

Smith at RWB if Atkinson is injured. Grant must start surely after Saturday

Absolute Scenes
20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He gets needless bookings not what you want in a highly charged game at Easter Rd.

Smith at RWB if Atkinson is injured. Grant must start surely after Saturday

i dont mind that. His bookings arent rash or needless, its usually to stop a dangerous attack. We need his naismith-ness in this team

I feel like the derby is exactly the type of game we need Haliday and Devlin for.

Not necessarily on at the same time. But having at least one of them chasing down their midfield all game and giving them no time on the ball will be essential.

We need to go into this prepared for a fight. We'll have plenty on the park just incase a football match breaks out.

But in the middle we need maximum energy and effort.

16 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Under Robbie?

I'm coming across as more negative than I want to be but his derby record isn't great  

Hampden? Tynie? Were you in hibernation when we pumped them consecutively?

20 hours ago, DS98 said:

Gordon

Haring Grant

Forrest Boyce Mckay

Shankland 

Exactly the team we should play. Hopefully McKay gets going as he has been oblivious at ER every time he's played there.  

maroonlegions
20 hours ago, DS98 said:

Gordon

Haring Grant

Forrest Boyce Mckay

Shankland 

Sibbick better not be playing at the back. Rowles and Grant are 100% in my team for Sunday, but then ain't i  the manager.

Edited by maroonlegions

The Old Tolbooth
6 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I hope Robbie comes out and puts pressure on the referee in the press conference in relation to the last time we played them and they booted us off the park and got away with it, something about more protection for our players would be good, and leave it at that, we don't want to write that mobs team talk for them. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

Hope they start Josh Campbell

Hope they start Rocky

Hope they start POOOOOORTO

They'll get ragdolled if they do, all humming