***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Just standing there on the street staring at them …………. Injury must be worse than first thought 

Naw, he'll be sizing up what's on offer for when the window 'slams shut', as they say.

£14M transfer to Brentford incoming.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Can't make up his mind East or West, lucky for his Mrs Westfield shopping centre next door to either, should help make choice easier 

Be better off with the Westfield Bar in Gorgie 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Be better off with the Westfield Bar in Gorgie 

I fully concur as I believe Stephen does. Hopefully we witness his seasonal reappearance next Sunday

We need to start better than this week.

blah, blah, blah. 

we’ll beat them as usual.🇱🇻

lost in space
20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I did. 

We've played one game, quite a leap to say we aren't as good as last season already. 

We beat them 2-1 at home last season as well, exactly the same score. 

Your view of us being defensive is nonsense as we were 3rd top goal scorers last season, and if going on this season, jont top  goal scorers. 

Your view of "Hearts being too Defensive" - nonsense, utter tripe. 

In fact, it's just not true, it's an opinion that is incorrect and wrong. 

You need to forget last season. It has gone.

Of course we are not (yet) as good as last season - we lost 2 VERY good players and don't have the money to spend millions, to replace them. If you can't accept that, you are not accepting reality.

Grant will be netter than McEneff.

Rowles and Shankland are not as good as Souttar and Simms.

There are players to come in and they will almost certainly improve the team.

But right now, our team is not as good as finished last season. I think most fans would agree. It makes common sense!

Also - you think that playing 5 defenders and 2 very defensive mids is not  defensive???

Are you employed by the club to counter ANY negative views on the team/club etc.

I don't know if you can do this but TRY and listen to others before jumping in and defending everything club does.

You are not head of the thought police.

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Of course we are not (yet) as good as last season - we lost 2 VERY good players and don't have the money to spend millions, to replace them. If you can't accept that, you are not accepting reality.

But right now, our team is not as good as finished last season. I think most fans would agree. It makes common sense!

Also - you think that playing 5 defenders and 2 very defensive mids is not  defensive???

Are you employed by the club to counter ANY negative views on the team/club etc.

I don't know if you can do this but TRY and listen to others before jumping in and defending everything club does.

You started the post by saying he needs to forget last season and then you spent the rest of the post talking about last season 😄 

Ross County are better than Hibs and will finish top 6. Hibs won’t. 

Once we got up to speed we dominated against Ross County and we will do the same against Hibs. 

33 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

As i always say, if the ref does his job, we win. He doesnt, gives them a glimmer.

We saw this last season in more than one game

This is the truth of the matter, glad you posted, all the referee has to do is watch a replay of the SCSF.

As an aside has the referee been nominated yet?

6 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

This is the truth of the matter, glad you posted, all the referee has to do is watch a replay of the SCSF.

As an aside has the referee been nominated yet?

Both 0-0s too mate. We get our penalties, they get their red cards, different stories.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Both 0-0s too mate. We get our penalties, they get their red cards, different stories.

Again, true 👍

Robbie Neilson remains optimistic that Stephen Kingsley will be fit for next week’s Edinburgh derby.

The defender missed Hearts ’ opening day Premiership win over Ross County after suffering a slight hamstring injury in the build up. He was at Tynecastle, but it was a watching brief only for the former Falkirk man. Australian international Kye Rowles made his competitive debut for the Jambos on the left hand side of a back three alongside Craig Halkett and Toby Sibbick. 

Further alterations had to be made to the backline after Nathaniel Atkinson was forced off in the first half. Rowe’s Socceroos teammate was replaced by Jorge Grant with Michael Smith moving to right wing back. Atkinson had been ill earlier in the week and was struggling with his energy levels against the Staggies. However, Neilson confirmed he will be available to face Hibs in the first capital clash on the season at Easter Road next Sunday. 

"Stephen got a nick on his hamstring earlier in the week,” he said. “It's too early just now but we are hopeful for next week as he has been outstanding in pre-season. Atkinson will be fine. There was a couple of days during the week where he wasn't feeling well.

"We put him in but after 15 or 20 minutes he just had no energy left. He'll be fine for next week."

At the other end of the park, Alan Forrest continued his impressive start to life in maroon with the opening goal on his league debut. The former Livingston winger started and finished a fine team move to break the deadlock before Barrie McKay’s equally impressive strike proved to be the winner.

Hearts' Alan Forrest celebrates the opener

Neilson was delighted with Forrest's impact as he showed exactly why he’s the type of player Neilson and sporting director Joe Savage want in their squad. And Neilson has tipped the Scotland Under 21 international to go on to bigger things after making the step up.

"I think he’ll be an extremely good player for us,” said Neilson. “I like his career path, I think he’s the kind of player Hearts should be signing.

"He went to Ayr United and did really well, he made the step up to Livingston and did well there. Now he’s at Hearts and you can see he has the quality to go up to the next level again.”

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, poultry said:

In Portsmouth for this, any suggestions where to watch it ?

1 - 2 score. 🇱🇻

If you hear of anywhere then let me know and I’ll maybe come and join up.   I don’t live too many miles from Pompey

👍🏻

jambo_4_eva
54 minutes ago, lost in space said:

You've only seen shankland play 70mins and rowles play 90mins so how do you know simms and souttar are better? 

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Apologies to all. You are, of course, quite correct and I'm sure that the Mods will see to it.

My excuse is that H1b5 should always come 2nd ... 'Natural Order' an' aw that. 😉

2825CE67-48F5-40B6-B09B-88FE8E7CECE5.gif.c6227c5e86c9f41ae6fc9818cd0e24f3.gif

tartofmidlothian

2-0 or 2-1 to us, Shankland and Boyce with the goals.

Smith at RB and Grant in the middle please.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

I'm not the thought police but your comment of "Hearts are too defensive" are incorrect. 

Not many fans will agree with that as it is incorrect. 

It's just wrong. 

Just admit it, it's OK. 

Hearts are not too defensive, it was a bull shite statement. 

You are also assuming Shankland and Rowles are worse than Souttar and Simms, two players that only played half the season last season. 

You are all over the place. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

lost in space
25 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'm not the thought police but your comment of "Hearts are too defensive" are incorrect. 

Not many fans will agree with that as it is incorrect. 

It's just wrong. 

Just admit it, it's OK. 

Hearts are not too defensive, it was a bull shite statement. 

You are also assuming Shankland and Rowles are worse than Souttar and Simms, two players that only played half the season last season. 

You are all over the place. 

Are you seriously suggesting Rowles and Shankland (both good players) are better now than Souttar and Simms???

Wow! 

I now understand your level of deniability.

Hearts at this time are not as good as they were at the end of the season. It is my hope that with 3 (?) new signings, they WILL be as good, or hopefully better.

There is nothing wrong with fans pointing out deficiencies and hoping thir club can improve. It happens at every club.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Are you seriously suggesting Rowles and Shankland (both good players) are better now than Souttar and Simms???

Wow! 

Hearts at this time are not as good as they were at the end of the season. It is my hope that with 3 (?) new signings, they WILL be as good, or hopefully better.

There is nothing wrong with fans pointing out deficiencies and hoping thir club can improve. It happens at every club.

I have no idea, never seen them play too often. 

They may very well have more of an impact over the season tho. 

That is your opinion. 

However, circling back to my original point. 

Your statement of "Hearts are too defensive" is just wrong. 

It is incorrect, so why did you post it? 

25 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Wow! 

They’re probably not but they have only played one game. 

lost in space
19 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I have no idea, never seen them play too often. 

They may very well have more of an impact over the season tho. 

That is your opinion. 

However, circling back to my original point. 

Your statement of "Hearts are too defensive" is just wrong. 

It is incorrect, so why did you post it? 

Re "too defensive" - did you enjoy first half yesterday?

Do you think we were lucky to not be 2 down at HT?

Do you agree we played with 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders? (Please dont tell me we had 2 wing backs - cos they were played as full backs!!!!)).

How many saves did their keeper have to make in 90 mins?

Do you think we had enough shots during the game?

Do you think that Shankland had enough support (particularly in the first hour)?

Do you agree we did not have much of a threat until Cochrane eventually got forward? (not his fault - he would be "following orders".

We were at home v an average/decent team - we were set up as though playing Man City away.

Hearts were too defensive yesterday.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Do you agree we played with 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders? (Please dont tell me we had 2 wing backs - cos they were played as full backs!!!!)).

Do you think that Shankland had enough support (particularly in the first hour)?

Do you agree we did not have much of a threat until Cochrane eventually got forward? (not his fault - he would be "following orders".

We were at home v an average/decent team - we were set up as though playing Man City away.

None of that explains the "Hearts are too defensive" statement. 

In fact, many of it could be taken as the other way. 

We also won the game 2-1, none of what you say indicates this Hearts side is too defensive. 

None of it. 

Absolute nonsense from start to finish. 

You are wrong, "Hearts are not too defensive " 

Rather than just admit that you have slavered on and on. 

Been a good laugh tho. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

They’re probably not but they have only played one game. 

Both Simms and Souttar played half a season, very good chance that Rowles and especially Shankland have more of an impact over this season than they two did last season. 

Folk forget that we were well clear in 3rd before Simms came. 

Having seen Busheri a few times now it seems to me that he's something of a liability. H1b5 obviously didn't even want him and I find his re-branding as a right guid player somewhat comical, especially after the last 3 games. It comes across as face-saving from both the club and the fans. 

Anyhoo, I was under the impression that a player gets offered a sanction with the option of accepting it or the club risking an increased sanction on appeal. There can be no doubt that he/the club were at fault for the illegal appearance so am I wrong about the process or do Hibs think they have a case worth defending?

I can't say that I'm bothered at the prospect of him playing v us as I suspect it'll do H1b5 more harm than good but that'll be him 2 games into the league campaign by the time his hearing comes up on the 11th of August. With a bit of karma he'll maybe get a call from the compliance officer for yesterday's misdemeanour.

Edited by Wee Mikey

Ronald Villiers

I reckon we'll sneak it by the odd goal.  I felt Haring and Smith lacked urgency and we improved when Grant came on.  Grant with Haring in the middle, Smith right back if Atkinson doesn't make it.  I'd start Boyce aswell with Shankland replacing him when that lot are tiring.  Play to our potential and we'll be fine.  Shankland to become a hero next week. 

12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Both Simms and Souttar played half a season, very good chance that Rowles and especially Shankland have more of an impact over this season than they two did last season. 

Folk forget that we were well clear in 3rd before Simms came. 

I hope this isn't too much of a tangent but I'm personally a bit wary of bestowing any sort of 'legendary' status on Simms and seem to detect his brilliance as a player growing the longer he's been gone.

Similarly, for all that Souttar was good we didn't seem to miss him much, and he was absent rather a lot. Also, it's only one game but he was reportedly dreadful yesterday v Livi and got hooked. Maybe he peaked at Hearts.

As far as the Derby match goes, I don't think that we'll miss either Simms or Souttar ... and it's not worth the argument/speculation in any case. We've recruited well and yesterday was, after all, our 1st competitive match. We will improve.

We know they will try and kick us off the park and injure as many players as they can. It almost worked in the semi.

3-4-1-2 for me.

Assuming Kingsley out

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Rowles

Forrest Haring Devlin Mckay

Grant 

Boyce Shankland

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, jambo_4_eva said:

You've only seen shankland play 70mins and rowles play 90mins so how do you know simms and souttar are better? 

I sw Souttar yesterday and he didn't look all that. 

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I sw Souttar yesterday and he didn't look all that. 

I think Souttar looked great striding forward and starting attacks last year but he made as many defensive mistakes as Kingsley, Halkett or Smith last season. He was a good player for us but replaceable. 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think Souttar looked great striding forward and starting attacks last year but he made as many defensive mistakes as Kingsley, Halkett or Smith last season. He was a good player for us but replaceable. 

Stays clear of injury hes a £5m plus player.  

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Stays clear of injury hes a £5m plus player.  

He wasn’t injured yesterday and he was shite. 

I do rate him though and you’re probably right but no guarantees. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He wasn’t injured yesterday and he was shite. 

I do rate him though and you’re probably right but no guarantees. 

Still getting match sharp but agree mate. 

Thumperbeni
26 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We know they will try and kick us off the park and injure as many players as they can. It almost worked in the semi.

3-4-1-2 for me.

Assuming Kingsley out

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Rowles

Forrest Haring Devlin Mckay

Grant 

Boyce Shankland

You cannot be serious wanting to play sibbick at the back after watching his display yesterday, he should be nowhere near the starting 11 if other players are available, he is a bombscare and is clearly lacking confidence !

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, lost in space said:

Wow! 

2 hours ago, lost in space said:

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

I hope this isn't too much of a tangent but I'm personally a bit wary of bestowing any sort of 'legendary' status on Simms and seem to detect his brilliance as a player growing the longer he's been gone.

Similarly, for all that Souttar was good we didn't seem to miss him much, and he was absent rather a lot. Also, it's only one game but he was reportedly dreadful yesterday v Livi and got hooked. Maybe he peaked at Hearts.

As far as the Derby match goes, I don't think that we'll miss either Simms or Souttar ... and it's not worth the argument/speculation in any case. We've recruited well and yesterday was, after all, our 1st competitive match. We will improve.

Agreed. 

I liked Simms, he had good qualities, but he wasn't the complete player. 

He missed a few 1 on 1' on 1's including one in the Edinburgh Derby and in the final he missed a great chance. A sitter Tbh. 

If Boyce had missed that chance certain folk would be going on about it and using it to highlight how shite he was. 

Souttar is a good player but his injuries mean you can't rely on him over a season. 

No idea why the poster who thinks "Hearts are too defensive" and that we are weaker than last season is thinking that. 

It makes no sense. 

We are starting this season with better strikers than last season, more defensive options and more goals in wide areas. 

We also have more players to come in. 

3rd top goal scorers last season and currently joint top goal scores this season, we'll be 2nd top no matter what come the end of the day. 

39 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

You cannot be serious wanting to play sibbick at the back after watching his display yesterday, he should be nowhere near the starting 11 if other players are available, he is a bombscare and is clearly lacking confidence !

He played very well yesterday.

How many challenges did he lose?

How many chances were created by mistakes he made?

How many times did the ball over the top beat him?

How many missed passes?

Sibbick has had a very good preseason. If Kingsley is out who else would you play?

4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Robbie Neilson remains optimistic that Stephen Kingsley will be fit for next week’s Edinburgh derby.

The defender missed Hearts ’ opening day Premiership win over Ross County after suffering a slight hamstring injury in the build up. He was at Tynecastle, but it was a watching brief only for the former Falkirk man. Australian international Kye Rowles made his competitive debut for the Jambos on the left hand side of a back three alongside Craig Halkett and Toby Sibbick. 

Further alterations had to be made to the backline after Nathaniel Atkinson was forced off in the first half. Rowe’s Socceroos teammate was replaced by Jorge Grant with Michael Smith moving to right wing back. Atkinson had been ill earlier in the week and was struggling with his energy levels against the Staggies. However, Neilson confirmed he will be available to face Hibs in the first capital clash on the season at Easter Road next Sunday. 

"Stephen got a nick on his hamstring earlier in the week,” he said. “It's too early just now but we are hopeful for next week as he has been outstanding in pre-season. Atkinson will be fine. There was a couple of days during the week where he wasn't feeling well.

"We put him in but after 15 or 20 minutes he just had no energy left. He'll be fine for next week."

At the other end of the park, Alan Forrest continued his impressive start to life in maroon with the opening goal on his league debut. The former Livingston winger started and finished a fine team move to break the deadlock before Barrie McKay’s equally impressive strike proved to be the winner.

Hearts' Alan Forrest celebrates the opener

Neilson was delighted with Forrest's impact as he showed exactly why he’s the type of player Neilson and sporting director Joe Savage want in their squad. And Neilson has tipped the Scotland Under 21 international to go on to bigger things after making the step up.

"I think he’ll be an extremely good player for us,” said Neilson. “I like his career path, I think he’s the kind of player Hearts should be signing.

"He went to Ayr United and did really well, he made the step up to Livingston and did well there. Now he’s at Hearts and you can see he has the quality to go up to the next level again.”

I’ll give Atkinson a pass for yesterday now, thought he was terrible but this would explain why. Kingsley back would be outstanding news.

42 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed. 

I liked Simms, he had good qualities, but he wasn't the complete player. 

He missed a few 1 on 1' on 1's including one in the Edinburgh Derby and in the final he missed a great chance. A sitter Tbh. 

If Boyce had missed that chance certain folk would be going on about it and using it to highlight how shite he was. 

Souttar is a good player but his injuries mean you can't rely on him over a season. 

No idea why the poster who thinks "Hearts are too defensive" and that we are weaker than last season is thinking that. 

It makes no sense. 

We are starting this season with better strikers than last season, more defensive options and more goals in wide areas. 

We also have more players to come in. 

3rd top goal scorers last season and currently joint top goal scores this season, we'll be 2nd top no matter what come the end of the day. 

Simms was excellent and well suited to us and this league, I don’t think we have better strikers, Shankland is an entirely different player to Simms and we’d do well to find a similar type striker. We absolutely need to get another striker in who can do what Simms did. 

The rest I agree with the rest we have different options now and I don’t think Souttar will be missed to much he spent most of his time here on the sidelines. We’re absolutely not a defensive team.

lost in space
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

None of that explains the "Hearts are too defensive" statement. 

In fact, many of it could be taken as the other way. 

We also won the game 2-1, none of what you say indicates this Hearts side is too defensive. 

None of it. 

Absolute nonsense from start to finish. 

You are wrong, "Hearts are not too defensive " 

Rather than just admit that you have slavered on and on. 

Been a good laugh tho. 

I didn't think you would answer the questions I asked - you couldn't.

Not able to debate and resorting to insults - same old story with you.

Laughing? - you would be too embarrassed IF you had any self awareness.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, lost in space said:

I didn't think you would answer the questions I asked - you couldn't.

Not able to debate and resorting to insults - same old story with you.

Laughing? - you would be too embarrassed IF you had any self awareness.

Hearts are not too defensive. 

lost in space
53 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Stop embarrassing yourself.

And another poster who cannot put together a written case to justify an opinion and just resorts to insults. How boring.

1 hour ago, Thumperbeni said:

He’ll certainly lack confidence if he reads all the negative comments on JKB. I’m predicting Sibbick will play a blinder for us next week. JMO 

5 hours ago, Irufushi said:

blah, blah, blah. 

we’ll beat them as usual.🇱🇻

As usual?

How many games has Neilson won at Easter Road,

3 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

As usual?

How many games has Neilson won at Easter Road,

Not sure but we’re 5 undefeated at their gaff winning 3 of those 5.

History says we usually beat them wherever the fixture is. Sunday will be the same .

7 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Not sure but we’re 5 undefeated at their gaff winning 3 of those 5.

History says we usually beat them wherever the fixture is. Sunday will be the same .

The answer is none.

Mr Elwood P
50 minutes ago, lost in space said:

And another poster who cannot put together a written case to justify an opinion and just resorts to insults. How boring.

Cochrane's 2 assist for a start. 

32 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

The answer is none.

100% win record at Hampden though eh?

26 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Bang on the money Shankland is getting nowhere near 20 goals in a season set up like yesterday and the sad thing is with Boyce beside him it could be a no brainer