Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Jambos dad

• Clerry Jambo

• daveyhmfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Hopefully we can break 19,000 for this one.

Given our segregation arrangements, I think our effective capacity when the Roseburn is shared is probably very close to 19,000. I suspect we can't quite reach that figure when all things are taken into account, with 18,800-ish being my guess. Would like to be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, Jambos dad said:

Is this put down to the ticket office being closed on a Monday?

I'm supposing so. Seems a bit odd though to have lost most of Sunday, all of Monday, and the first hour or so on Tuesday when it was obvious on Saturday that we'd be needing more seats well before Tuesday.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I'm supposing so. Seems a bit odd though to have lost most of Sunday, all of Monday, and the first hour or so on Tuesday when it was obvious on Saturday that we'd be needing more seats well before Tuesday.

I guess they think they will get some lucrative hospitality sales over the weekend. But I agree they should be able to release more, earlier, and perhaps consider opening up the exchange scheme earlier, though they would have to be careful not to kill last sales of the unsold seats

4 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Well Jalbo you already have an important role being everybody's favourite dot counter, so I think you should start the ball rolling regarding the ticket office and how they are going to rectify it. 

4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I guess they think they will get some lucrative hospitality sales over the weekend. But I agree they should be able to release more, earlier, and perhaps consider opening up the exchange scheme earlier, though they would have to be careful not to kill last sales of the unsold seats

The unsold seats may have sold out on Monday giving an extra day for the ticket exchange. It seems like hospitality is maybe a bit too expensive at the moment .It's already amazing the number of fans putting money into Hearts just now  

scott herbertson
Just now, Jambos dad said:

The unsold seats may have sold out on Monday giving an extra day for the ticket exchange. It seems like hospitality is maybe a bit too expensive at the moment .It's already amazing the number of fans putting money into Hearts just now  

Yes - i think they are being cautious and have probably underestimated the demand - to be honest most Hearts fans of long standing will be shocked to see how well we are doing!

5 minutes ago, Jambos dad said:

Well Jalbo you already have an important role being everybody's favourite dot counter, so I think you should start the ball rolling regarding the ticket office and how they are going to rectify it. 

I'll have a word with the powers that be.........

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I'll have a word with the powers that be.........

Could you mention a big Perspex screen as a partition so that we can sell more tickets for home games? 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could you mention a big Perspex screen as a partition so that we can sell more tickets for home games? 

That too.....

Hackney Hearts
53 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Given our segregation arrangements, I think our effective capacity when the Roseburn is shared is probably very close to 19,000. I suspect we can't quite reach that figure when all things are taken into account, with 18,800-ish being my guess. Would like to be wrong though.

Which would still be our all-time 3rd highest Tynecastle crowd v United, I think?

Feb 1986 1-1 draw     19,043

Sep 1929 3-1 win       19,500*

*Although that 1929 figure looks like a guess, tbf.

Last season's 5-2 romp got 18,129.

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

That too.....

I'm in the main stand in line with the goal line at the Gorgie Road end. Could you ask them to remove that box in the corner. It's not restricting my view, just trying to keep you busy. On a more serious note regarding that box they don't sell tickets for rows 1 and 2.

It's my first season in the main stand and on JKB and probably everyone knows about the 2 empty rows. 

Just now, Jambos dad said:

I'm in the main stand in line with the goal line at the Gorgie Road end. Could you ask them to remove that box in the corner. It's not restricting my view, just trying to keep you busy. On a more serious note regarding that box they don't sell tickets for rows 1 and 2.

It's my first season in the main stand and on JKB and probably everyone knows about the 2 empty rows. 

Should read seats 1 and 2 in every row 

1 hour ago, Jambos dad said:

Yes, we factor in those unused seats into the effective capacity - it's a shame to have seats going begging when we're selling games out. I imagine the club could sell them for half price or something on the basis of the restricted view....but I don't think it's on the clubs' radar.

2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Which would still be our all-time 3rd highest Tynecastle crowd v United, I think?

Feb 1986 1-1 draw     19,043

Sep 1929 3-1 win       19,500*

*Although that 1929 figure looks like a guess, tbf.

Last season's 5-2 romp got 18,129.

....I imagine the Feb '86 game would have had a lot more than 600+ away supporters too. I'm pretty certain that Sunday's home ticket sales will be the highest for a Tynecastle league game since sometime in the 80s - similarly the Ross County game a couple of weeks ago.

6 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Yes, we factor in those unused seats into the effective capacity - it's a shame to have seats going begging when we're selling games out. I imagine the club could sell them for half price or something on the basis of the restricted view....but I don't think it's on the clubs' radar.

The nearer the front, the worse it gets. Couldn't describe this as 'restricted' and keep a straight face.

Screenshot_20220810-174635_Gallery.jpg

8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

The nearer the front, the worse it gets. Couldn't describe this as 'restricted' and keep a straight face.

A system of mirrors fixes that. 🥸

8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Ha! I seem to recall that Liverpool manage to do so with similarly restricted view seats......

Just now, davemclaren said:

A system of mirrors fixes that. 🥸

Or (soon) watch the big screen at the end of the Wheatfield Stand?

scott herbertson

eas

24 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

easily sorted

316 Roller Coaster Closeup Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from  Dreamstime

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Absolutely awful design there, not sure what advantage the Police get from being there as opposed to somewhere else in the unused parts of the stand. 

13 minutes ago, JALBO said:

9 unrestricted view tickets left.....

How many completely restricted view seats are left or can't you find them 

17 minutes ago, Jambos dad said:

Who's wee mikey?

upthread....he posted a photo from the 'restricted view' seats behind the police box.

26 minutes ago, JALBO said:

upthread....he posted a photo from the 'restricted view' seats behind the police box.

Thanks. I didn't see his username 

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Is there a way we could move the seats so the staircase is at the blocked side

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think there's a legal limit of 28 seats across per section, so that's not an option - we'd exceed that if the stair was repositioned.

August Landmesser
20 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Vertical TV screen up the side of the police box, camera on the other side of the box filming the Gorgie goal, screen relaying the images live.

Simple!

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely awful design there, not sure what advantage the Police get from being there as opposed to somewhere else in the unused parts of the stand. 

I’m not entirely convinced it’s the police that are the issue here or if they even use that box now.

Didn’t they say the box was full of electrical switchgear for the stadium  which couldn’t be moved or would cost a fortune to move 

9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not entirely convinced it’s the police that are the issue here or if they even use that box now.

Didn’t they say the box was full of electrical switchgear for the stadium  which couldn’t be moved or would cost a fortune to move 

I remember Budge saying that. 

Police should be out in the car park watching the CCTV in a portacabin , directing what ever they direct from there

Francis Albert

Trying to put my seat on ticket exchange. Logged into Ticket Exchange and my eticket account and get as far as the box to put my ticket on exchange. Click on it and nothing happens.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Trying to put my seat on ticket exchange. Logged into Ticket Exchange and my eticket account and get as far as the box to put my ticket on exchange. Click on it and nothing happens.

Just done mine with no probs

13 hours ago, OTT said:

Incredible to see another effective sell out for a non cat A fixture!!

Well done all :) 

No ticket exchange for this game as not Cat A match, I cant make it but just give ticket to a pal, think Hearts are missing a trick making no buy back for all games that are a sell out.

Edited by bawheed

5 minutes ago, bawheed said:

No ticket exchange for this game as not Cat A match, I cant make it but just give ticket to a pal, think Hearts are missing a trick making no buy back for all games that are a sell out.

Nonsense. The game has sold out and ticket exchange is open.

6 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Thee is a ticket exchange and if my ticket sells I get £10.50 credit 

AlphonseCapone
13 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Nonsense. The game has sold out and ticket exchange is open.

Mental how folk just make stuff up and present it as fact eh 😂 

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Having trouble accessing map on different devices 

me too maybe it is just swamped