Dot Count | Hearts v Dundee United | 14th August 2022

JALBO

34 minutes ago, bawheed said:

No ticket exchange for this game as not Cat A match, I cant make it but just give ticket to a pal, think Hearts are missing a trick making no buy back for all games that are a sell out.

Epic slaver.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Jambos dad

• Clerry Jambo

• daveyhmfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Nonsense. The game has sold out and ticket exchange is open.

You are correct just put my ticket up in main stand.

When I tried to put ticket up first thing this morning the facility was not there.

In Cyprus and using the ticket exchange for 1st time - 2 tickets in section E.  Incredible demand for tickets this season,  it’s fantastic to see! 

scott herbertson
45 minutes ago, bawheed said:

You are correct just put my ticket up in main stand.

When I tried to put ticket up first thing this morning the facility was not there.

That's right - I noticed that when I checked this morning.

think we just have to accept its a new system and it will take them a while to get it working well

Gorgie_Rules

Our attendance for the Ross County game was only 18,202 and that was despite the sell out and the ticket exchange.

I believe there was some ticket exchange seats unsold, Ross County didnt bring very many, and some probably just couldnt make it and didnt bother with the exchange. Probably why we’ll struggle to break 19k this season except for against hibs.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Our attendance for the Ross County game was only 18,202 and that was despite the sell out and the ticket exchange.

I believe there was some ticket exchange seats unsold, Ross County didnt bring very many, and some probably just couldnt make it and didnt bother with the exchange. Probably why we’ll struggle to break 19k this season except for against hibs.

They won't count the additional Ticket Exchange sales in the attendance numbers.  18,202 is not bad for the 1st week in August, which is still peak holiday season as well.  

Francis Albert

Just tried again on my phone. Only option I got after clicking on Ticket Exchange was to buy tickets. The seat map for that was not available. The club's internet presence is very clunky considering Ann made her fortune in IT.

Can’t make the game this Sunday so Section G, Row 28 Seat 9 has just been put on Ticket Exchange, HHGH Cardiff Boy

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

They won't count the additional Ticket Exchange sales in the attendance numbers.  18,202 is not bad for the 1st week in August, which is still peak holiday season as well.  

The club still quotes 20099 as our capacity. In reality it is nowhere near that.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

The club still quotes 20099 as our capacity. In reality it is nowhere near that.

Luck if it's 19300 or so.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Mental how folk just make stuff up and present it as fact eh 😂 

I think people just don't understand how the ticket exchange works. It only becomes active once every non ST seat is sold. Hearts aren't going to resell your seat plus give you a % back when there is still walk up seats available 😂

6 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

When the Roseburn is shared with two sets of supporters, by the time segregation and our not-for-sale seats are taken into account, our effective capacity is just over 19,000 by my calculations. So when an away support is only 200+ - and I say that with no disrespectect to Ross ***** whatsoever, a commendable number for the size of club and distance - we're left with hundreds of seats in that single section that cannot be sold.

In the case of this Sunday's game, I expect the attendance will be in the 18,750 zone as United have sold their allocation. I think we can only expect 19,000+ when an away support has the whole Roseburn, as our segregation limits us to a final figure close to, but possibly just under, 19,000.

I doubt very much that Ticket Exchange sales factor in our attendance figures.

19 minutes ago, JALBO said:

When the Roseburn is shared with two sets of supporters, by the time segregation and our not-for-sale seats are taken into account, our effective capacity is just over 19,000 by my calculations. So when an away support is only 200+ - and I say that with no disrespectect to Ross ***** whatsoever, a commendable number for the size of club and distance - we're left with hundreds of seats in that single section that cannot be sold.

In the case of this Sunday's game, I expect the attendance will be in the 18,750 zone as United have sold their allocation. I think we can only expect 19,000+ when an away support has the whole Roseburn, as our segregation limits us to a final figure close to, but possibly just under, 19,000.

I doubt very much that Ticket Exchange sales factor in our attendance figures.

Hopefully the club are looking at simple ways of increasing capacity.

It’s  been mentioned before; remove the tunnel in the Wheatfield, open up the bottom section M in the Roseburn a, cut down on the Roseburn segregation and make more seats for sale in T of the main stand.

I’m sure when there were missing seats at the back row of the Roseburn and maybe permission could now be granted to raise the height of the Gorgie in sections V and W to introduce extra rows.

It probably wasn’t a priority before but a few hundred seats could be reclaimed for a relatively small investment.

19 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Hopefully the club are looking at simple ways of increasing capacity.

It’s  been mentioned before; remove the tunnel in the Wheatfield, open up the bottom section M in the Roseburn a, cut down on the Roseburn segregation and make more seats for sale in T of the main stand.

I’m sure when there were missing seats at the back row of the Roseburn and maybe permission could now be granted to raise the height of the Gorgie in sections V and W to introduce extra rows.

It probably wasn’t a priority before but a few hundred seats could be reclaimed for a relatively small investment.

That tunnel in the Wheatfield has been a godsend for the club. Oh and by the way Hearts don’t need more land to expand the the Wheatfield and Roseburns stands all they need is to buy the air space behind these stands just like  clubs like Celtic did with the cemetery opposite their main stand. It has been done else where.

Would be good to hear from those who have put their tickets on the exchange for this weekend whether anyone actually buys them. Just to get a feel for how many fans are actually wanting to go to our games. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Would be good to hear from those who have put their tickets on the exchange for this weekend whether anyone actually buys them. Just to get a feel for how many fans are actually wanting to go to our games. 

Yes. Just something along the lines of 300 tickets released on ticket exchange, 299 resold 

Bungalow Bill
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The 2018 safety certificate shows 19,852. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Yep but it was the first time and it was only launched a week or so before the game. Will take a bit of time to trickle through all fans

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Will be interesting if the people with the ultimate knowledge (the club) comment on the success of the programme at some point with numbers…

I can’t see a reason why they wouldn’t.

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I did track some seats when the Ticket Exchange started earlier today before the seat map went down, and I noted a number disappearing in the first hour in the one section that I followed. So I would say they are being bought - what's difficult for us to know are the numbers, given that new seats appear and disappear fairly randomly of course.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I did track some seats when the Ticket Exchange started earlier today before the seat map went down, and I noted a number disappearing in the first hour in the one section that I followed. So I would say they are being bought - what's difficult for us to know are the numbers, given that new seats appear and disappear fairly randomly of course.

Answer is simple.

When the Ticket Exchange Klaxon goes you need to be full time on the ticket website logging all exchanges as they happen.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

27 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Answer is simple.

When the Ticket Exchange Klaxon goes you need to be full time on the ticket website logging all exchanges as they happen.

must do better, must do better, must do better.......

Francis Albert

At the third attempt  I think I put my ticket on Ticket Exchange,.A nice seat the in the main stand Row 14.  But the response on the site was "thank you for your purchase"  whicjh  is the opposite of what I was doing.

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

At the third attempt  I think I put my ticket on Ticket Exchange,.A nice seat the in the main stand Row 14.  But the response on the site was "thank you for your purchase"  whicjh  is the opposite of what I was doing.

I think they do these things just to irritate you. 😄

Francis Albert
Just now, davemclaren said:

I think they do these things just to irritate you. 😄

Probably ... no idea how you buy a released ticket when the seat map is down.

Francis Albert

Got an  email to say I have successfully released my seat. Row 18 in the main stand.

Section R

Edited by Francis Albert

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Exactly the same when I did it mate, it treats the sale of your ticket as a purchase, very confusing cos it’s not a purchase by the person offering their ticket but becomes a purchase if someone else buys it? 

Shanks said no
5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

That tunnel in the Wheatfield has been a godsend for the club. Oh and by the way Hearts don’t need more land to expand the the Wheatfield and Roseburns stands all they need is to buy the air space behind these stands just like  clubs like Celtic did with the cemetery opposite their main stand. It has been done else where.

Funnily enough I'm involved in an air space legal wrangle right now and can assure you it ain't easy, even my solicitors are scratching their heads and have sought counsel.

26 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Anyone getting into the map to see and purchase tickets, I’m still goosed.

Still off for me too. Bizarre to have lost it almost the entire day and no word from the club (Unless they haven't realised).

FarmerTweedy
On 09/08/2022 at 21:31, JALBO said:

quickly recapping today's events......

Around 10am, the club released 110 seats in Upper H, 12 in Lower H, 76 in Upper X, 20 in Upper L, and a handful of returned seats around the ground. So 220-ish in total.

Tonight, we're left with;

Roseburn H - 75

Roseburn K - 01

Roseburn L - 06

Gorgie X - 01

If the way seats were released for the Ross County game is the same for this weekend, I don't think the club will have any more chunks of seats left to release, and so the next step is likely to be Ticket Exchange at some point tomorrow.

Two brief observations; it seems a little bizarre that we'd effectively sold out the existing seats by lunchtime on Sunday and we had pretty much 48 hours when no seats were sold untl the club released the above seats this morning. 

It's also noteable that the club has now released almost as many hospitality seats to general sale for Sunday as they did for the Ross County game. I wonder if this might be the on-going case with Sunday games, and/or perhaps an understandable bi-product of the very real cost-of-living crisis that is affecting many of us.

I think our upcoming European campaign will be a factor too. I suspect quite a few fans who would have done hospitality once or twice in seasons past will have decided to save that money this season to cover the cost of a minimum of four home games and maybe one or more trips abroad for some of our away games. 

8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think our upcoming European campaign will be a factor too. I suspect quite a few fans who would have done hospitality once or twice in seasons past will have decided to save that money this season to cover the cost of a minimum of four home games and maybe one or more trips abroad for some of our away games. 

With the cost of living being sky high, it's tricky to afford the necessities these days.  Thank goodness we have our poppy stealing expertise to fall back on.

13 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Exactly the same when I did it mate, it treats the sale of your ticket as a purchase, very confusing cos it’s not a purchase by the person offering their ticket but becomes a purchase if someone else buys it? 

15 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

If you are still trying to sell a single ticket I will pay you cash for one!

FarmerTweedy
20 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Just tried again on my phone. Only option I got after clicking on Ticket Exchange was to buy tickets. The seat map for that was not available. The club's internet presence is very clunky considering Ann made her fortune in IT.

When Ann made her fortune in IT, a computer that would fill the average living room had far less processing power than the average phone does these days!

19 minutes ago, Bonnie Prince Charlie said:

The map is up and running now

Still won't let me in, not that it matters I'm just being nosey

Bonnie Prince Charlie

I just wanted to see if my ticket that I put on exchange has been sold and thankfully it is not available. 

Hackney Hearts
15 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

TBF though, before you can offer your ticket, you did have to purchase it in the first place - maybe it's just thanking you for that original purchase!

Clerry Jambo
11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Just put my seat on the exchange so it must be back working now

It’s obviously allowing you to release seat but still can’t get map to see what’s available 

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

TBF though, before you can offer your ticket, you did have to purchase it in the first place - maybe it's just thanking you for that original purchase!

I am sure there is some logical explanation, that one is as good as any! HHGH At the end of the day if a Jambo gets a seat he or she otherwise would not have had I am happy.

Edited by CARDIFFBOY