Dot Count | Hearts v Dundee United | 14th August 2022

JALBO

We're likely to see some seats in H and hospitality get released at some point, but there's not much left now in in K and L for this one;

Tonight's count:

Roseburn K - 61

Roseburn L - 96

Today's crowd, while excellent, should be substanially eclipsed in a fornight, assuming United sell their allocation.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Jambos dad

• Clerry Jambo

• daveyhmfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, JALBO said:

We're likely to see some seats in H and hospitality get released at some point, but there's not much left now in in K and L for this one;

Tonight's count:

Roseburn K - 61

Roseburn L - 96

Today's crowd, while excellent, should be substanially eclipsed in a fornight, assuming United sell their allocation.

The crowd was over 8,000 at Killie today so I’d imagine they’ll sell out their allocation. Could be near 19,000

8 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

The crowd was over 8,000 at Killie today so I’d imagine they’ll sell out their allocation. Could be near 19,000

Yup, they've only got section M, and minus some segregation at the bottom corner closest to the Main Stand, they'll only get around 650 seats I think. They'l sell those. 19,000 - it should be there or thereabouts.

11 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Yup, they've only got section M, and minus some segregation at the bottom corner closest to the Main Stand, they'll only get around 650 seats I think. They'l sell those. 19,000 - it should be there or thereabouts.

But given that today was a home 'sell-out' and there were approximately 18,000 in the home sections, assuming Utd get 650 - and assuming the seats lost to segregation are the same as today - the maximum could surely only be around 18,650, or am I missing something?

27 minutes ago, stirlo said:

But given that today was a home 'sell-out' and there were approximately 18,000 in the home sections, assuming Utd get 650 - and assuming the seats lost to segregation are the same as today - the maximum could surely only be around 18,650, or am I missing something?

It's not entirely straightforward, with the capacity being made up of regular tickets (where we get the SOLD OUT notice from the club when these all go), wheelchair, hospitality, directors, comps, families, press and so on. I couldn't tell if there some of those categories empty in the Main stand today, but, for example, there were some unsold hospitality seats in the Gorgie. If we sell all our regular tickets, and United sell all theirs, I think all those other categories that may had have unused seats today won't v United. If so, we're likely to be close to 19,000 - although I suspect just falling short (hence my "there or thereabouts" caveat).

I don’t know about the official atttendance - but with this highly attractive fixture due to sell out early, with the ticket exchange having a while to operate, and Dundee Utd selling out their allocation, there will be many more in the ground than there were today.

I’d therefore like to ask - why do we need half a section for segregation, when most grounds in the EPL allow perhaps two seats? 

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

It's not entirely straightforward, with the capacity being made up of regular tickets (where we get the SOLD OUT notice from the club when these all go), wheelchair, hospitality, directors, comps, families, press and so on. I couldn't tell if there some of those categories empty in the Main stand today, but, for example, there were some unsold hospitality seats in the Gorgie. If we sell all our regular tickets, and United sell all theirs, I think all those other categories that may had have unused seats today won't v United. If so, we're likely to be close to 19,000 - although I suspect just falling short (hence my "there or thereabouts" caveat).

OK thanks - that makes sense. As you say, it definitely looked like there were some unsold hospitality seats in the Gorgie today, which would suggest that when the club put up the 'sold out' sign, it doesn't mean that all unsold hospitality seats have been put on general sale.

One thing that has always puzzled me going back many years, is that even in 'sold out' games - probably with the exception of the derby - there always seems to be at least 15-20 empty seats in lower V in the Gorgie. It's as if there are some seats reserved there for whatever reason that never seem to be used. 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

I don’t know about the official atttendance - but with this highly attractive fixture due to sell out early, with the ticket exchange having a while to operate, and Dundee Utd selling out their allocation, there will be many more in the ground than there were today.

I’d therefore like to ask - why do we need half a section for segregation, when most grounds in the EPL allow perhaps two seats? 

Didn't the tangerine fuds try to breach the segregation area last season?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

That sliver of seats in the Roseburn,  as it should be always, bar obvious exception 

Seats now all but gone in the Roseburn. Tonight's count:

Roseburn K - 13

Roseburn L - 46

It will be interesting to see how long the club waits before putting any spare hospitality seats, or the 150 seats in Roseburn H that appeared for the Ross County game, up for sale. I would imagine there will be more demand for hospitality this time, and so the club may prefer to keep selling at hospitality prices for the next week or so.

stirlingshirejambo
23 hours ago, JALBO said:

They sold over 1,600 tickets for Killie yesterday, very decent numbers

Not going to be here for this 1, ticket going to the exchange, look on bright side whoever gets it will be sitting next to my 18 year old, interesting for them,at least 75 mins on his phone the other 15 mins lots of shouting and the occasional song

Bungalow Bill
On 30/07/2022 at 21:04, dc-jambo said:

Because fans can’t behave themselves. 

We shouldn’t need police at the games either, but we do because folk simply can’t behave. 

john thomas
15 hours ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

They sold over 1,600 tickets for Killie yesterday, very decent numbers

Yes think they have a decent away support .

5 seats left all on their own so would expect more to be released today or straight to ticket exchange if they are holding out for hospitality sales? 

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, Bainy said:

5 seats left all on their own so would expect more to be released today or straight to ticket exchange if they are holding out for hospitality sales? 

I doubt they will move to exchange prior to releasing at least some hospitality seats. And I doubt they will release a lot of hospitality seats until they see how we do against Hibs. 

Thst’s all guesswork though. 😄

David McCaig
7 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Start the Exchange Engines!!!

Probably a shed load of hospitality in Gorgie Stand to be released first.

Jambo Buckets

About 180 tickets released in Section X. I’m not sure if that’s all the hospitality seats released for general sale or if they’ve held some back so hospitality is still available. Thought they’d have released the tickets in H and the 20 in L before giving up hospitality sections.

hoof.hearted

I have to admit I'm confused by our "sell out" versus Ross County. There were loads of empty seats in bottom section of Gorgie nearest the Main stand. There may be other sections like this but this was closest to me. Never counted them but may be close to 100. It is probably not a great view so might be hard to sell, but even so it doesn't make a sell out, potentially stopping people from trying to get a ticket. 

9 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

I have to admit I'm confused by our "sell out" versus Ross County. There were loads of empty seats in bottom section of Gorgie nearest the Main stand. There may be other sections like this but this was closest to me. Never counted them but may be close to 100. It is probably not a great view so might be hard to sell, but even so it doesn't make a sell out, potentially stopping people from trying to get a ticket. 

I mentioned this in my above post. For as long as I can remember there have been a significant number of empty seats in lower V except for the derby matches. Either it's a case that the seats are paid for and the people entitled to use the seats aren't using them for whatever reason, or alternatively the club are not selling them. It's a bit of a mystery.

MR INCREDIBLE
1 hour ago, JALBO said:

The back 8 rows of Gorgie X now on sale.

They rows used to be for season tickets but had to be given up for more hospitality.!

Total waste of time as they hardly ever sold out !

This will be close to an actual sell out I would imagine. Alot of people were still on holiday for County so I think more bums on seats this time. Plus Utd will sell out their allocation. 

2 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

They rows used to be for season tickets but had to be given up for more hospitality.!

Total waste of time as they hardly ever sold out !

Yes, my impression is that we only get a big Gorgie Suite crowd for the four big fixtures. Maybe it's something the club will review, as It does seem we have an over-supply of hospitality for most fixtures, with 5 different options these days.

Today's update is pretty straightforward; understandably with other events taking place, we sat for most of the day waiting to see what seats would be released next. The club has done something similar to the Ross County game and opened up general sales in hospitality areas, specifically;

Gorgie X - 184 seats

Main Q - 40 seats

Main S - 80 seats

So just over 300 seats coming out of hospitality - that's less than the Ross County game, when 460 seats were released from Hospitality, which may suggest better hospitality sales for the United game. Or it could be that because we're 3 days ahead of where we were compared to Ross County sales, we will see more hospitality seats released when this lot sell. 

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Yes, my impression is that we only get a big Gorgie Suite crowd for the four big fixtures. Maybe it's something the club will review, as It does seem we have an over-supply of hospitality for most fixtures, with 5 different options these days.

Whilst we may or may not have over-provision, the club needs to give itself a shake in actually enticing people to buy.

I enquired about a table for 10 for the Killie game and asked if there was a group discount and received a straight no in response.

Our supporters bus is taking hospitality for 50 at the Livvy game and were again told no group discounts... And this is despite the fact the bulk of us are season ticket holders.

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Whilst we may or may not have over-provision, the club needs to give itself a shake in actually enticing people to buy.

I enquired about a table for 10 for the Killie game and asked if there was a group discount and received a straight no in response.

Our supporters bus is taking hospitality for 50 at the Livvy game and were again told no group discounts... And this is despite the fact the bulk of us are season ticket holders.

Don't think I'd disagree with you there. If it's a question of revenue/targets for the non-football department of the club, group incentives will still surely out-income moving the seats over to general sales.

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I know it’s all about the money but I would agree that a group discount should be offered especially as livvy game likely not to sell out hospitality 

hoof.hearted
6 hours ago, stirlo said:

I mentioned this in my above post. For as long as I can remember there have been a significant number of empty seats in lower V except for the derby matches. Either it's a case that the seats are paid for and the people entitled to use the seats aren't using them for whatever reason, or alternatively the club are not selling them. It's a bit of a mystery.

Doubt it's season ticket holders not using them as it would be strange they're all in the same section. 

Edited by hoof.hearted

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, hoof.hearted said:

Doubt it's season ticket holders not using them as it would be strange they're all in the same section. 

Possibly buying the cheapest seats as they are bronze category and these people buying perhaps live far away and can't attend or do it because of loyalty points?

My party of 3 have a spare seat next to us on a very regular basis in lower R (silver category) and on the basis of meeting the chap a couple of times sounds like a similar situation.

12 hours ago, JALBO said:

The match being on a Sunday cant help. I was in the Gorgie Suite for Dundee Utd last season (on a Saturday) and it was sold out.

17 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

The match being on a Sunday cant help. I was in the Gorgie Suite for Dundee Utd last season (on a Saturday) and it was sold out.

Hope it was the 5-2  one.  You certainly got your money's worth.

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The other three games were 2-0, 2-2 and 3-2 which were all at Tannadice so must've been :lol:

54 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

It was...... cracking day.  Had a drunken fiver on a Woodburn hat trick as well which added to the excitement of the day until he was subbed.

1 hour ago, Jamborose said:

with regard group discounts do ST holders not get a discount of 10% on hospitality ?

We did last season.

3 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

4 hours ago, Jamborose said:

with regard group discounts do ST holders not get a discount of 10% on hospitality ?

I think we did but not on a Sunday..

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

What difference does that make?

Sabbath Davy, its the sabbath lad, thou shalt not get a discount for getting pished

4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Sabbath Davy, its the sabbath lad, thou shalt not get a discount for getting pished

Quite appropriate then that you have Beni as your Avatar.

Could they not just apply the discount to non drink items? 😍

In addition to the 300 or seats released from hospitality yesterday in Q, S and X, 12 seats were relased in lower H, plus about 30 seats in various sections around the ground which are fairly obviously season tickets released for resale (not sure why they've not been kept until Ticket Exchange though). 

Tonight's count, not including the 30-odd seats that are coming and going around the ground;

Roseburn H - 4

Main Q - 4

Main S - 30

Gorgie X - 142

So about 140 seats sold from these groups of seats since first released later on yesterday.

On 30/07/2022 at 21:04, dc-jambo said:

Been like that since 2015 and was the actions of a Dundee United supporter that made the club change it to something so massive, though I think the segregation partition wasn't secured so they were able to just walk through it. 

A solid maroon partition would look a lot better too - something FoH could help with so we don't need to use the ugly white G4S supplied/branded ones.

21 minutes ago, kila said:

Been like that since 2015 and was the actions of a Dundee United supporter that made the club change it to something so massive, though I think the segregation partition wasn't secured so they were able to just walk through it. 

A solid maroon partition would look a lot better too - something FoH could help with so we don't need to use the ugly white G4S supplied/branded ones.

I was only a few seats away at that game. The Dundee Utd supporter was a dick but it’s always felt to me like a huge over reaction to an isolated incident.

I totally agree about the current segregation cover - it looks hideous.

Kilmacolm Jambo
23 hours ago, Jamborose said:

Not anymore, it’s been replaced with the Ticket Exchange. That works if the game sells out and your seat is resold but otherwise, it’s a downgrade in the benefits of being a season ticket holder.