• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malinga the Swinga

• neilnunb

• whodanny

• JudyJudyJudy

5 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

And he acts like a cheerleader for English divers. Cram and other commentators on other sports have managed to remain even and provide a balanced view.

Diving and hockey, when England are playing, have been the exception.

From what I've seen he has been spot on with his score predictions after a dive.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

From what I've seen he has been spot on with his score predictions after a dive.

I'm pleased your enjoying his insight.

Bad night so far for the expected English golds on the track 😁

Be funny as **** if the Aussie can win the pole vault

It's hard to feel sorry for Zarnell Hughes, knowing that he is in a relationship with the extremely annoying Dina Asher-Smith. Assuming he still is.

9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

It's hard to feel sorry for Zarnell Hughes, knowing that he is in a relationship with the extremely annoying Dina Asher-Smith. Assuming he still is.

🤣 think they split up a while back but she is a bit annoying. She was a selfish wee cow in the World Championship relay, should never raced but wanted the attention. 😁👎

Malinga the Swinga
44 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Bad night so far for the expected English golds on the track 😁

Be funny as **** if the Aussie can win the pole vault

He did. They've also been knocked out in Netball, Cricket and just lost to Australia in men's hockey semi final. Lost 3-2 after being 2 up and scored 0 out of 14 penalty corners (which is a terrible record for an international team). Good game as teams evenly matched and a mile ahead of Scotland.

Women's final of England v Australia will be a decent game tomorrow. Hard to call winners. 

Scotland need a couple of more medals to better last games total as we already have some guaranteed in boxing.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He did. They've also been knocked out in Netball, Cricket and just lost to Australia in men's hockey semi final. Lost 3-2 after being 2 up and scored 0 out of 14 penalty corners (which is a terrible record for an international team). Good game as teams evenly matched and a mile ahead of Scotland.

Women's final of England v Australia will be a decent game tomorrow. Hard to call winners. 

Scotland need a couple of more medals to better last games total as we already have some guaranteed in boxing.

Yeah I just watched 10mins of mourning over the hockey on BBC3 and the disputed goal...shame. 🥳😁

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Muir gets bronze with a lunge for the line.

Hodgkinson pushed into silver.

Moraa is fun to watch, just goes on the attack, drops off, then a sprint down the last. Going to be a big danger to Hodgkinson and Athing Mu at next year's Olympics 

Incredible. Not sure I've seen anything like that from Moraa. Great fun. 

Malinga the Swinga

Great effort from Evans to get silver on road race. Team of two yet showed England, Canada, New Zealand and Wales how to do it.

Shame organisers chose most boring set up for race I can remember and also whoever was doing camera work, make sure you can produce pictures we can actually see.

Malinga the Swinga
12 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Yeah I just watched 10mins of mourning over the hockey on BBC3 and the disputed goal...shame. 🥳😁

The exact same situation happened when England scored against India in drawn match. Can't recall the fuss being made then and in fact, commentator and pundit both said it was not something that should be penalised.

Great to see the tears from players. Maybe they need to practice short/penalty corners as that was schoolboy stuff. I'd expect under 14 team to convert at least 1 out of 14 but for that standard of team to convert 0 ( know they got flick from one) is a shocker.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I just had a look at the medals table and Scotland are 7th at the moment ahead of the likes of South Africa and Jamaica. I always compare how we are doing against nations with similar population sizes though and that's stacking up well. Not as good as New Zealand in 4th, that's outstanding from them. 

manaliveits105
33 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Great effort from Evans to get silver on road race. Team of two yet showed England, Canada, New Zealand and Wales how to do it.

Shame organisers chose most boring set up for race I can remember and also whoever was doing camera work, make sure you can produce pictures we can actually see.

Indeed could have been gold 

so Neah and yet so far :av-1001:

Malinga the Swinga

Good 3rd place in men's to road race for Scotland but disappointing to see Kirsty Gilmour lose in badminton semi final.

Boxing delivered as well with fair number of gold's. Think it's 45 medals so far.

Hopefully Muir can won tonight but it won't be easy.

5 hours ago, Victorian said:

Muir is very warm fav for the 1500m.  McColgan entered for the 5000m but not sure if she's going to race.

She’s running. Said so on her Instagram account 

what a shame, one of those runners is 100m behind after the first lap. Going to be lapped about 6 times at this rate 🤣

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

what a shame, one of those runners is 100m behind after the first lap. Going to be lapped about 6 times at this rate 🤣

They would be me 😂

Always find it incredible the pace elite distance runners can run at. Mile after mile 

Gold and silver for McColgan. Superb. 

Had nothing left in her legs after her 10k effort.

Edited by GBJambo

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Silver for McColgan. Good result. Looked like she was tripping herself all the time 😁

Yeh she has such an usual gait. Absolutely brilliant from her! Excellent

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

I definitely wouldn't be lapped. I reckon I would last 200 metres at the pace they run and then collapse in a heap 30 seconds later, before being carried off.

Malinga the Swinga

It's a strange finish to games with some events going on tomorrow, including men's hockey final.

Been good event though and Europeans start end of the week.

Malinga the Swinga

Is it review time yet?

Top male - Duncan Scott

Runner Up - Ross Murdoch 

Top female - Eilish McColgan

Runner up - Laura Muir/ Niamh Evans

Biggest surprise medal - Finn Crockett

Biggest disappointment - Mens Hockey

Best team - Swim team

One for future - Katie Shanahan

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Yeh the lassie from the Solomon Islands, her best time is around about 4 minutes slower than most of the field, but she did very well as she ran a PB of 19.06, can't ask anymore than running a PB.

Scotland upgraded to a bronze in the 4x400m relay after England kicked out 🤣

*England have appealed...

Edited by neilnunb

manaliveits105
26 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Scotland upgraded to a bronze in the 4x400m relay after England kicked out 🤣

*England have appealed...

Damn I turned it off when they got the photo finish 

38 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Damn I turned it off when they got the photo finish 

They has a nerve appealing. Two of their athletes ran in the wrong lane at the handover 🤣

I might be wrong (can't be arsed checking) but I think the men's 4x100m relay was England's only gold in the athletics?

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, neilnunb said:

They has a nerve appealing. Two of their athletes ran in the wrong lane at the handover 🤣

I might be wrong (can't be arsed checking) but I think the men's 4x100m relay was England's only gold in the athletics?

Believe your correct for their able bodied track athletes. Their para athletes got gold as did their field athletes. Disappointing return for them though, that's for sure.

9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Think they won a gold at men's shot putt or hammer.

Plenty of golds for their para athletes too

34 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Think they won a gold at men's shot putt or hammer.

Plenty of golds for their para athletes too

Oh yes, Nick Miller got gold in the hammer. I bloody watched it too. 🤦‍♂️😁 

manaliveits105
22 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Gold for Scotland in the 3m synch diving 😎

Tremendous pleased for James and Grace 

who needs Martin Boyle