• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homme

• kingantti1874

• tian447

• McGlynn The Money

Just now, Zico Believes said:

In and paid (the Keystone Klopps). Cheers for organising

Thanks for entering, payment received. Cheers!

Just now, eighteen seventyfour said:

Money sent Homme, team Away up in Gorgie. Thanks for setting it up again.

Received. Thanks for joining again. All the best 👍

League is now LOCKED to new entries.

You can still enter but you will need to give me prior notice of your intention so I can open it up or invite you to it.

Will confirm potential money / money received later this evening when I'm home.

Cheers all. Good luck!!

Please to say we have a potential prize pot of £340 if everyone was to pay up! I reckon this might be the best year yet.

I've collected £275 so far. Thanks to you all!

It'd be great if all entry fees were paid ASAP - please don't 'see how you do' before deciding to withdraw / get blocked from the league. Unfair on everyone who has sent over their fees.

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Thanks for organising, I dropped a message to you on payment

Hi mate, I've not received any messages? Are you sure it sent ok?

Brighton Jambo
6 minutes ago, Homme said:

Hi mate, I've not received any messages? Are you sure it sent ok?

Oh sorry that’s weird; I sent it yesterday.  I was just checking if the bank details are same as last year? 

Roslin_Jambo
16 hours ago, Homme said:

League is now LOCKED to new entries.

You can still enter but you will need to give me prior notice of your intention so I can open it up or invite you to it.

Will confirm potential money / money received later this evening when I'm home.

Cheers all. Good luck!!

Could you send me invite please mate. Trying to join and will fire over payment 

43 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Oh sorry that’s weird; I sent it yesterday.  I was just checking if the bank details are same as last year? 

They are the same mate. Feel free to fire across and I'll get you marked off. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Roslin_Jambo said:

Could you send me invite please mate. Trying to join and will fire over payment 

I'll open the league up now. Let me know when you are in so I can lock again. Cheers!

Roslin_Jambo
11 minutes ago, Homme said:

I'll open the league up now. Let me know when you are in so I can lock again. Cheers!

That's me in, thanks. 

Payment sent - team name Buchaneers

Just now, Roslin_Jambo said:

That's me in, thanks. 

Payment sent - team name Buchaneers

Thanks, all received. Good luck!!

Brighton Jambo
6 hours ago, Homme said:

They are the same mate. Feel free to fire across and I'll get you marked off. Thanks!

Money should be with you now.  Team name reddlemen 

56 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Money should be with you now.  Team name reddlemen 

Got it mate. Thank you. All the best for the comp!

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Homme said:

Got it mate. Thank you. All the best for the comp!

Thanks for organising, after todays awful start I suspect it will be another year of making up the numbers! 

McGlynn The Money
On 06/08/2022 at 20:20, Brighton Jambo said:

Thanks for organising, after todays awful start I suspect it will be another year of making up the numbers! 

That's not the ****ing attitude.

7 hours ago, tian447 said:

13 points on the bench this weekend :vrface:

Anyone top that for stupid lineups? 

Who did you have on the bench?

6 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Who did you have on the bench?

Mitrovic, 2nd sub. First sub got 0 points! 

Just did an audit there to make sure i hadn't made any mistakes or anyone had sneaked in the league! All good.

We have 69 entries in the league which gives a potential prize pot of £345. 12 teams are yet to pay meaning £75 still to be received. Current monies collected is £285.

Please if you haven't paid can you remember to do so. I won't name team names yet on here yet but i will soon for visibility and i will be removing unpaid teams later this month.

Cheers all.

Dean Winchester
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

We have 69 entries in the league which gives a potential prize pot of £345. 12 teams are yet to pay meaning £75 still to be received. Current monies collected is £285.

Good first week from me then with a rank of 68 :lol: 

section s heart
On 08/08/2022 at 16:04, tian447 said:

Mitrovic, 2nd sub. First sub got 0 points! 

Similar to you tian, I put Mitrovic on the bench, as he was up against Liverpool, but forgot to put my subs in order. He should have been first but ended up third, net loss of 11 points. 

Had another couple of payments through in the past 24hrs. Thanks to both of you.

Still chasing up those who haven't yet paid. Still a couple of weeks to do so, just think of these as reminders!

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

A wee bump just to encourage the stragglers to cough up.

Thanks. Don't have figures to hand but still around £60-65 due. 

Only then can I advise on final prizes. C'mon folks.

Edited by Homme

Folks for any of those who haven't paid you only have a few more days left. 

If you haven't paid by Tuesday you will be removed from the league.

Hi folks, final calls for outstanding payments ahead of the next round of fixtures which start tomorrow evening. I'm looking for payment from the following teams:-

Steak and Hickey Pie

Hardly Athletic

LAIRDY14

Kiksi FC

Jumbo Soldiers

Forest.Jambos

Haaland of the Free

Bilbao Baggins

FC Campbell

Two or three on the list have started extremely well so it'd be a shame to be removed from the league. 

If i have made a mistake please let me know - no offence intended and i'll be happy to correct.

Cheers all.

I've received no more entry fees this week. 

Will be cleaning up the league in the morning, removing those who haven't paid.

No problem if you want to send over now or this evening. Cheers.

My mistake...our current leader Jumbo Soldiers has indeed paid. 

Pays to double check, especially my regulars 😉

Hi everyone. League has now been cleaned up and i can confirm prize pot and prizes on offer.

We have 63 entrants in the league giving a prize pot of £315, all of which i have now collected and will store until the end of the season. We always give prizes for the top 5 players so the payouts will be as follows:-

1st Place = £160

2nd Place = £75

3rd Place = £45

4th Place = £25

5th Place = £10

Hope everyone is ok with the above. I've tried to space out the prizes fairly equally between positions.

Early indications suggest it won't be me, given i've already forgotten to play one week :vrface:

• 1 month later...
The Old Tolbooth

Five years I've had the team name Exeter Gently, and now they've suddenly decided that it's offensive and I need to change it ffs, I'm on the hunt for a new team name! 

• 5 months later...
The Ultimate Worrier
On 23/04/2023 at 22:45, Tam86 said:

Is there a new page for the JKB FPL league? 

Could be wrong but looks like a new person has joined the league in 1st place?

@Homme

Did we get to the bottom of this?

On 31/10/2022 at 09:43, The Old Tolbooth said:

Five years I've had the team name Exeter Gently, and now they've suddenly decided that it's offensive and I need to change it ffs, I'm on the hunt for a new team name! 

Dear Mr Tolbooth,

I must be missing something as regards your team name. Best wishes on your hunt.

Yours sincerely,

Slippi Tupper

8 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

@Homme

Did we get to the bottom of this?

Apologies. 

The story behind this is that the person in question paid their entry with their winnings from a place last season (ie told me to keep a fiver of it for this seasons comp). When it came round to entries this season I had removed the member from the league as I thought they hadn't paid, not realising they had back when winnings from 21/22 were distributed.

Once I was alerted to what had happened I opened the league for the person to join and have since closed it again.

TL:DR the 'new' entrant should have been in from the start and it was a mistake on my part. 

Apologies guys just noticed these posts. Been on JKB less due to the constant negativity! 

Edited by Homme

• 2 weeks later...
The Ultimate Worrier
On 29/04/2023 at 18:57, Homme said:

Apologies. 

The story behind this is that the person in question paid their entry with their winnings from a place last season (ie told me to keep a fiver of it for this seasons comp). When it came round to entries this season I had removed the member from the league as I thought they hadn't paid, not realising they had back when winnings from 21/22 were distributed.

Once I was alerted to what had happened I opened the league for the person to join and have since closed it again.

TL:DR the 'new' entrant should have been in from the start and it was a mistake on my part. 

Cheers sir. Did he not notice until recently? That's just showing off!

24 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

That's when you know you're too good at it :rofl:

I'd have been chapping doors if i had a decent Week 1 :lol:

I do feel bad though. Shouldn't have happened. 

AppleTarts
1 hour ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Hey, 

Apologies - it's myself that's top.

I had a pretty bad start to the season and didn't take much care in league positions until after the World Cup. I normally only enter one JKB league each season, but entered the free league as well this year, so thought this was the normal paid one whenever I glanced over. Once I realised, I sent Homme a message - though I sent it to our previous conversation which he had left so only got picked up recently.

1 hour ago, Homme said:

That's when you know you're too good at it :rofl:

I'd have been chapping doors if i had a decent Week 1 :lol:

I do feel bad though. Shouldn't have happened. 

Not your fault, Jamie! I should have sent a reminder at the start of the season, early season form was brutal so was ignoring Fantasy Football :lol:

You do a great job organising it each year and it is very much appreciated 👍

• 2 weeks later...
The Ultimate Worrier
On 12/05/2023 at 23:16, AppleTarts said:

Hey, 

Apologies - it's myself that's top.

I had a pretty bad start to the season and didn't take much care in league positions until after the World Cup. I normally only enter one JKB league each season, but entered the free league as well this year, so thought this was the normal paid one whenever I glanced over. Once I realised, I sent Homme a message - though I sent it to our previous conversation which he had left so only got picked up recently.

Not your fault, Jamie! I should have sent a reminder at the start of the season, early season form was brutal so was ignoring Fantasy Football :lol:

You do a great job organising it each year and it is very much appreciated 👍

Only kidding folks. Well done to AppleTarts on a great season.

Hi all. Obviously almost at the end of the season! I will confirm prize amounts for top 5 before the final round of matches and then following the final game week confirm winners and get to distributing the winnings asap. Cheers!

League tables are updating this evening. I'm nightshift tonight and so will post prize winners tomorrow at some point. 

I'd like all winners to contact me and confirm their preferred method of receiving their winnings. Bank details etc can change within a season and so I won't automatically pay out without confirming first so that everything is disturbed correctly. 

Cheers all.

Afternoon everyone, i've slept off my nighshift and finally in a position to confirm the final placings and prize winners for out Fantasy Premier League 22/23 Competition!

Firstly, thanks to everyone who played and in turn contributed to the prize fund for those who were lucky enough to stay the course. The quality of the JKB competition is always high and i'm not sure how some of you manage it to be honest! I am licking my wounds this year after an abysmal 51st place.

The prize winners are as follows:-

1st Place - Seven Deadly Simms, Gavin Smith = £160

2nd Place - Tam's Vikings, Thomas Arnot = £75

3rd Place - WeOnlyWonFiveOne, Liam Rawsthorne = £45

4th Place - Jumbo Soldiers, Gavin Hume = £25

5th Place - Tony Gallentys Otter, Jonny McLaren = £10

Well done to you all, it really is a fantastic achievement.

Can i ask the five prize winners to PM me their preferred method of payment and just confirm the details eg bank details or paypal address. As i said, things can change over the course of a year and i do not want to assume that you are all still using the same details.

To everyone, keep an eye out on JKB in a few weeks time when we will be opening up the 23/24 Competition for entries (subject to admin approval as always).