• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Drew

• japanjambo

• John Findlay

• dannymack

Sad news, a beacon of light during a grim period for Hearts, never heard a bad word about him RIP

Салатные палочки

Sad news. 

Never saw him play in my lifetime but always regarded him as a Hearts legend. 

RIP Drew 

Cant believe how saddened I am to read this My all time hero So glad I got to speak to him a  few times An absolute Gentleman He was always so surprised what a hero he was to so many of us

1 minute ago, geomac said:

My earliest hero..RIP

Mine too. Used to wear my Hearts strip and a plastic moustache out of a Christmas cracker and pretend I was him😀

RIP Drew. 

Auld Reekin'

Very sad news. He was an excellent and hugely-committed player for Hearts and a mainstay of the team when I first started to go to games. A club legend as others have stated.

A good old fashion forward who had a hell of a shot.   Defenders knew they had been in a game when they played against him.    Loved the guy.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The first Hearts player I could name when I was old enough to understand football. Very sad to hear he passed away.

Seaside jambo

Very sad news , was a great light at a dark time for Hearts 

will always be remembered as one of our greats 

RIP ♥️

William H. Bonney

Terrible news. I'm on holiday in Portugal and was speaking to a guy from Dumbarton only yesterday about him . RIP. 

Heartsofgold

'His name is Drew Busby, the talk of the North......

RIP Mr Busby.  Very sad news.

hearts @ heart

Very sad news. Remember when him and Drew Jarvie played for Airdrie. Ideal fit for him at Hearts. Shame we didn't sign Jarvie as well.

Drew is a Hearts legend 

Very sad loss. Loved him when he played for us. He loved Hearts and we loved him.

RIP Drew. Condolence to his family and all who new him.

Doctor FinnBarr

So very sorry to hear this, wife had him autograph her shoulder a few years back  then got it tattooed over the following day. Kept meaning to travel over to Dumbarton to let him see it but sadly will never get the chance now.

RIP Buzz

heartgarfunkel

My earliest Hearts hero, adored him. Met him after Hearts Dumbarton hospitality, Zeefuik’s first game maybe? A crowd of us had a sesh in his boozer, The Waverley. A lovely, lovely man, had a great night with him. Absolutely gutted to hear of his passing. Condolences to all his family and friends. 

Edited by heartgarfunkel

Ahh.,Naw, that's shiite news. He was a beacon of light in what was an otherwise pretty bleak period for us. 

So sorry to hear this, an absolute legend and a proper gentleman. Deepest condolences to his family.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Drew Busby R.I.P.