Virgin Media

Greedy Jambo

Greedy Jambo

I'll keep it short, I'm tired of all this shit. 

£25 for broadband and sim card

Upped to £36 not so long ago

New bill is £48 without any warning or explanation. 

Absolutely knackered from work, was looking forward to a few days off, and now i've got to get on the phone again to this mob.

The film 'Falling down' comes to mind. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Absolutely knackered from work, was looking forward to a few days off, and now i've got to get on the phone again to this mob.

Go have a pot noodle and chill.

Harry Potter
7 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

sick of paying for a landline another clown yesterday,  

The Internet
6 hours ago, jamborich said:

Feck me think you have a problem I pay £174 for my package how stupid is that

When your contract expires keep on at them and refuse any offer until they knock at least £80 off that. I pay £89 for every channel, 600mb broadband + unlimited sim which seems to be the standard, might be able to go even cheaper. Paying double that for any package is unjustifiable. 

Nookie Bear

They tried to put ours up from £93 to £136 so we phoned and got them to reduce it to £89

Still makes me angry how you have to make that kind of effort to avoid being ripped off. How is it even legal to charge wildly different terms for the same product? Imagine Hearts set a price of £500 for season tickets but you were able to haggle it down. 

Captain Lithuania
15 minutes ago, The Internet said:

When your contract expires keep on at them and refuse any offer until they knock at least £80 off that. I pay £89 for every channel, 600mb broadband + unlimited sim which seems to be the standard, might be able to go even cheaper. Paying double that for any package is unjustifiable. 

Mines is about that with Gig fibre with them. 

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

They tried to put ours up from £93 to £136 so we phoned and got them to reduce it to £89

Still makes me angry how you have to make that kind of effort to avoid being ripped off. How is it even legal to charge wildly different terms for the same product? Imagine Hearts set a price of £500 for season tickets but you were able to haggle it down. 

I was paying about 160 a month to virgin, culled all sports, movie channels, wanted the landline out but he said was cheaper keeping it, dunno how that worked out, so paying 61 a month now with 200mbps internet, have a discount of 18.50 till contract runs out next sept, not got a clue how their pricing works, make it up as you go along.

Bordeaux 03

The only company I know that ask you to type in your password on the phone just to enable you to speak to them. Any normal company verifies identity just by address or DOB. It's if they make it deliberately hard to speak to someone.

hughesie27
12 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've had to speak to them a lot recently and always gotten through fairly quickly. They aren't the quickest when you are actually on the phone but their Live Chat is alright as well.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Vlads Dynamic Pricing

1 minute ago, Bordeaux 03 said:

The only company I know that ask you to type in your password on the phone just to enable you to speak to them. Any normal company verifies identity just by address or DOB. It's if they make it deliberately hard to speak to someone.

Aye that sounds secure...

Such a pain to put in your password as well. Some people will literally moan at anything.

Салатные палочки

Our Sky broadband is now £50 a month. 

I wouldn't mind so much but the Vodafone mobile router we got for two years free with the wee ones ipad gets a better signal to my phone than the feckin sky router. 

Signal strength on the Firestick using Sky:  MARGINAL 

Signal strength on the Firestick using Vodafone:  Very Good 

Percival King

Consistently one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. I’ve had so many dis-spiriting interactions with them over the years. I hate it when my contract's up for renewal.

Ironically, I get more customer satisfaction questionnaires from them than from anyone else.

The Internet

Sky's broadband is by far the worst I've had out of the big 3.

I find virgin media really good tbf, never had any issues and always find them easy enough to get through to. Decentish value with the current package too considering they've got sky and bt sport which is my main reason for even having a TV package. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, The Internet said:

Sky's broadband is by far the worst I've had out of the big 3.

I find virgin media really good tbf, never had any issues and always find them easy enough to get through to. Decentish value with the current package too considering they've got sky and bt sport which is my main reason for even having a TV package. 

Have to say Virgin media internet is very good, hardly any down time, did notice a cut in a you Tube video and noticed the wifi was down, was back on in 10 mins, was it bad speeds with sky or downtime issues.

Greedy Jambo

I've just been on the phone with them for half an hour, £35 for 200mbs was the best they could do, plus £6 for my mobile sim (now with O2). 18 month contract. 

Well they’re not all bad. I’ve been dodging the six monthly annoying phone calls they do to check you’re happy but decided to answer it today. Offered me an extra £4 on my bill but in exchange they would give me 350mb up from 200mb, free Netflix, max channel package, and Sky Cinema channels. So for all of that an actual £6 saving as I won’t have my £10 a month for Netflix to pay anymore 

hughesie27
48 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well they’re not all bad. I’ve been dodging the six monthly annoying phone calls they do to check you’re happy but decided to answer it today. Offered me an extra £4 on my bill but in exchange they would give me 350mb up from 200mb, free Netflix, max channel package, and Sky Cinema channels. So for all of that an actual £6 saving as I won’t have my £10 a month for Netflix to pay anymore 

Their deals just now are very good it has to be said. 

• 2 months later...

I received an adaptor to plug into the Virgin Media Hub in order to be able to make and receive phone calls. My Hub is in a separate room from my living room so that’s not great for starters.

My query is how can they charge you for a landline when this is just an extension to your broadband? There will be be no landline when this is switched over.

I called them to try to cancel my landline as I hardly use it anyway but got the usual response that it would cost more for just TV and broadband, £59 as opposed to the current price of £36. They knocked £4 off my monthly bill but couldn’t answer my point about there being no landline anymore.

Something not quite right about this.

luckyBatistuta

Charlatans, block your VPN’s, which is illegal. I changed last week from IPVanish to Surfshark and tried to download it from the AppStore on my iPhone, couldn’t get it until I turned off the Wi-Fi. Promise you ridiculous consistent speeds with their fibre, but consistently the speeds drop off off a cliff.

20 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Charlatans, block your VPN’s, which is illegal. I changed last week from IPVanish to Surfshark and tried to download it from the AppStore on my iPhone, couldn’t get it until I turned off the Wi-Fi. Promise you ridiculous consistent speeds with their fibre, but consistently the speeds drop off off a cliff.

Nord VPN seems to work fine with Virgin.

Maybe I’m just lucky but I always get over my specified speed. I’ve just checked it and I pay for 300mbps and I’m currently on 380. Upload is meant to be 39 and currently getting 36. 

luckyBatistuta
55 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Nord VPN seems to work fine with Virgin.

I can get any of them to work, just that Virgin do try to block them and which is out of order 

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

As long as we’re reliant on phone lines for broadband provision, companies will bundle landlines and broadband together, claiming they’re doing us a favour.

Taken from the above article. The point being that Virgin broadband isn’t reliant on a phone line. And now the phone line itself is to be replaced by Wi-Fi calling so how can they charge for a landline? I’m well confused.

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yup, just tested mine via https://www.speedtest.net/

137mbps, i should be getting 200. 

A couple of things to keep in mind. Any other connected devices are going to be taking bandwidth away from the device you're doing the speed test on. You'll probably have more of them than you think. 

The fairest way to check the speed you're receiving is via ethernet and not wi-fi. 

I'm also probably on the lucky side and receive 650ish mbps whilst I pay for 600mbps.

Edit: that's wired. Between 500/550mbps max on wi-fi.

Bear in mind that TVs are often very limited with their Ethernet capabilities. If your telly is receiving dogshit through ethernet then using an ethernet adapter through a usb connection could very well get you a better connection.

Edited by IronJambo

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I have a temporary '3' wifi hub thingy.

Download speed earlier was in the kbps, rather than mbps!

Jeez min, get refund on the grounds that it isn't 1995 anymore.

I spent an hour on the phone to them last Saturday trying to sort out a new deal which should have started the week before,

at the end of the call the guy said he couldn't do anything as there was a problem with some code ? and someone would call me back shortly.

I had no call from them through the week so called them this Saturday and spoke to a lassie who sorted the whole thing out, she said the other two guys I had spoken to before were out of order or just useless. My new box ect are coming on Friday and she gave me a £50 discount from my next bill for all the hassle I had.

Giff gaff PAYG sim 120 a year

TALK TALK broadband with phoneline 273 a year

Firestick 30 one time payment

IPTV with everything on it 40 per year

VPN surfshark 25 per year

Thats it. All your needs met for less than 500 a year, job done

19 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Giff gaff PAYG sim 120 a year

TALK TALK broadband with phoneline 273 a year

Firestick 30 one time payment

IPTV with everything on it 40 per year

VPN surfshark 25 per year

Thats it. All your needs met for less than 500 a year, job done

Been asked a thousand times....so sorry. How do I get IPTV and where.   Cheers in advance.

Dagger Is Back

VM are utter @@@@s. 

My brother in law passed away unexpectedly last September. He left no will, a locked Apple Mac which we can’t access and my wife as his sole next of kin.

We asked VM to keep his account open to allow us to access his email account and help us piece his estate together.

They’ve charged us £42pm for their slowest broadband connection for a year. When we phoned to cancel the account they asked us for a months notice and the girl told us it looked like we’d been overcharged as she couldn’t believe they’d charged us £42 pm for an ‘unused’ service.

For 2 months now I’ve been trying to register a complaint and now they’re sending threatening emails re the outstanding payment and that they need to collect the old equipment from my address.

The supply address is in London which I’ve told them. 

Utterly disgusted and fed up dealing with Gupta from New Delhi who doesn’t give a rats arse.

Will never ever use VM again

2 hours ago, tightrope said:

Been asked a thousand times....so sorry. How do I get IPTV and where.   Cheers in advance.

@Jack D and coke might be able to point you in the right direction bud. Dont know how to tag him here however