How can a supposed journalist be so wrong !!

gasbottle2

Largely on account of him not being a very good journalist. He's kind of deteriorated into one of those 'football personality' types that just lingers about like a bad smell drawing a wage he doesn't deserve. 

Weakened Offender
12 hours ago, Smithee said:

I always thought Smith was a ***** and a bully for this, the lad's asking fair enough questions.

I think Chick Young is an arsepiece of the highest order but his questioning of both players, and their ability to raise TCFKAR to European greatness was spot on and Walter Smith's sneering contempt for such questioning made him look like he (Smith) didn't know what it took to compete at that level. Which of course he didn't. 

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think Chick Young is an arsepiece of the highest order but his questioning of both players, and their ability to raise TCFKAR to European greatness was spot on and Walter Smith's sneering contempt for such questioning made him look like he (Smith) didn't know what it took to compete at that level. Which of course he didn't. 

Three years earlier he had taken Rangers to the brink of the Champions League final, and 13 years later took them to the Uefa Cup final. So think you're being a tad harsh.

The Champions League back then I think was still champions. Yeh, you could argue they could have done a wee bit better with some results, but they got knocked out by the Greek champions and the following season were in a group with Juventus (eventual winners) and Borussia Dortmund (who would win it the following year).

People actually expected Rangers to win the thing which is why it was seen as such a big failure.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I agree.

Going against the grain but a much as WS came across as a decent sort he had the same arseholery associated with the OF when things weren't going his way. 

Rangers generally punched well below their weight under him and it was perfectly legitimate to question him about that and the performance of the players he was signing against opposition that they were supposed to be competing with and not domestic cannon fodder. 

He was clearly irked when Dung went off script and surprisingly wasn't offering his usual off the wrist relief and behaved in the manner typically associated with an OF manager when things aren't going their way. 

Dung learnt his lesson though and went back to assuming the position and enjoying the succulent lamb whenever it was on offer.

highlandjambo3

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣……….

I got to “it’s written in the stars” then binned it…….in summery:

l have no words.

PortyBeach
On 29/06/2022 at 10:59, DG_HMFC said:

He was questioning if Brian Laudrup was good enough to play in Europe :lol:

Yes, but asking stupid questions isn’t a crime, mate.

Young might be an eejit, but Smith’s response was unnecessarily aggressive.

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Smith’s response to Young was bang on. Young is a slithering and embarrassing excuse for a journalist, the one consolation over the national team failing to qualify for world cups is that tosser doesn’t get a free booze up trip out of it

PortyBeach
53 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Smith’s response to Young was bang on. Young is a slithering and embarrassing excuse for a journalist, the one consolation over the national team failing to qualify for world cups is that tosser doesn’t get a free booze up trip out of it

Aren’t you letting your dislike of Young blind you to the poor behaviour of Blessed Walter?

Back to 2005
4 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Got to agree with this. Much as Young is a despicable little toad it was bordering on bullying from Smith. 

maroonlegions
On 29/06/2022 at 05:47, Kiwidoug said:

Sorry, and I'll be ripped to shreds for this.  I have no time for the author but all he was trying to say was that after more than 100 years surely it was time for Hibs to get their name on the trophy.  Many neutrals would have said exactly the same.

I didn't detect a word in it that was anti Hearts.

You tell me one Hearts fan that wants Hibs to get their smacked riddled hands on any trophy. Who gives a feck what he was trying to say.

And what are these neutrals you speak off, any evidence fir that???  

FTH, simple??

maroonlegions

Reeking..

:whistling:

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Aren’t you letting your dislike of Young blind you to the poor behaviour of Blessed Walter?

More like the dislike of HIbs, keep up PortyBeach..:interehjrling:

Edited by maroonlegions

21 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Got to agree with this. Much as Young is a despicable little toad it was bordering on bullying from Smith. 

How is it bullying? If Young had a backbone he’d have stuck to his original question, instead, he just blurted out complete nonsense so he could stay as far up the Rangers farter as possible. A place where he remains to this day. 

As for his article, what a piece of journalistic genius that is from a sports writer. Hearts are the better team with the better manager and far superior derby record but because it was 100 years since Hibs won the cup they’ll win, only in this country would such utter garbage get you a job on the national radio and TV network!

PortyBeach
43 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

You tell me one Hearts fan that wants Hibs to get their smacked riddled hands on any trophy. Who gives a feck what he was trying to say.

And what are these neutrals you speak off, any evidence fir that???  

FTH, simple??

“Kiwidoug’s” comment isn’t about Hibs winning a trophy though, is it?

Whatever you think of Young - and your views on him are irrelevant here - he wrote an article speculating that the underdogs might just prevail on the day. So what?

Isn’t it the job of a journalist? 
As for “neutrals”, is it so outlandish to suggest many of them might favour the underdogs? Isn’t that the audience Young was aiming at?

Nope, and as others have said, you are reeking 

PortyBeach
56 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Nope, and as others have said, you are reeking 

“Nope” and “reeking” - that’s your “argument”? 
You couldn’t possibly be wrong then, is that it?

PortyBeach
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

How is it bullying? If Young had a backbone he’d have stuck to his original question, instead, he just blurted out complete nonsense so he could stay as far up the Rangers farter as possible. A place where he remains to this day. 

As for his article, what a piece of journalistic genius that is from a sports writer. Hearts are the better team with the better manager and far superior derby record but because it was 100 years since Hibs won the cup they’ll win, only in this country would such utter garbage get you a job on the national radio and TV network!

Be fair: he didn’t say they would win, did he?

On 29/06/2022 at 17:00, Thomaso said:

The wee turd just hates Hearts - we could have been playing Cowdenbeath and he would be tipping (and praying) for a Hearts loss!

It is a shame the BBC don’t have his interview with Sergio after the game at St Mirren (the cup replay, I think) on their website anymore, where Sergio makes a total fool of him. 

2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Be fair: he didn’t say they would win, did he?

Apart from his last sentence when he claims he feels somethings in the air…

Nucky Thompson

That's the first time I've saw that from him :rofl:

I can't believe he jumped onto the EEN it's written in the stars mantra.

Pulling out letters from the 1950's from some long lost Hibby predicting that Hibs would win the cup in 2012 :rofl:

Fecking desperate so they were.

I wonder how all those EEN twats were feeling on the evening of 19/0512

Weakened Offender
13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's the first time I've saw that from him :rofl:

I can't believe he jumped onto the EEN it's written in the stars mantra.

Pulling out letters from the 1950's from some long lost Hibby predicting that Hibs would win the cup in 2012 :rofl:

Fecking desperate so they were.

I wonder how all those EEN twats were feeling on the evening of 19/0512

The 'mindgames' were incredible. 😁

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Remember meeting him and his Dukla Pumpherston team out on the piss pretending to be stars. All fine until they realised we weren't starstruck and became snidey. Bit of an arsehole 

indianajones
14 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Sometimes, folk just get things wrong. This may be my favourite. 

Screenshot_2022-07-01-23-12-23-66_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

First time seeing that. 

Excellent. 

PortyBeach
15 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Apart from his last sentence when he claims he feels somethings in the air…

I still think he’s speculating, but I take your point. Semantics, eh?

15 hours ago, Kendoll said:

Leigh forgot to factor in that it was Hibs and if there was any team who could find a way to make the seemingly impossible possible it’s was Terry Butchers green and white army 😂😂

PortyBeach
18 hours ago, Kendoll said:

Both Edinburgh clubs relegated in the same season - that’s got to be a quiz question in years to come, surely.

John Findlay
32 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Both Edinburgh clubs relegated in the same season - that’s got to be a quiz question in years to come, surely.

Yet one of them had a 15pts advantage over the other when the league season began.

PortyBeach
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Yet one of them had a 15pts advantage over the other when the league season began.

Mmm…does that change the question “In which season were both the two main Edinburgh clubs relegated?”

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Mmm…does that change the question “In which season were both the two main Edinburgh clubs relegated?”

No. But it suggests one ended up being a worse team than the other that season, which was further confirmed, when one of the Edinburgh teams took three seasons to exit said division and the other skooshed it at their first attempt.

Pasquale for King

He’s not a journalist, he’s a football pundit, he has no qualifications as a journalist. 

PortyBeach
58 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No. But it suggests one ended up being a worse team than the other that season, which was further confirmed, when one of the Edinburgh teams took three seasons to exit said division and the other skooshed it at their first attempt.

No - and thanks for agreeing my point.

But would a quiz question require such a convoluted response?

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

No - and thanks for agreeing my point.

But would a quiz question require such a convoluted response?

Only for the pedantic.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 30/06/2022 at 01:54, GC81 said:

Three years earlier he had taken Rangers to the brink of the Champions League final, and 13 years later took them to the Uefa Cup final. So think you're being a tad harsh.

The Champions League back then I think was still champions. Yeh, you could argue they could have done a wee bit better with some results, but they got knocked out by the Greek champions and the following season were in a group with Juventus (eventual winners) and Borussia Dortmund (who would win it the following year).

People actually expected Rangers to win the thing which is why it was seen as such a big failure.

The Champions league has never been for Champions only the old European Cup met that criteria

i wish jj was my dad

And despite having a team of laddies and a transfer ban we would have finished above the shite without the points deduction. 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

And despite having a team of laddies and a transfer ban we would have finished above the shite without the points deduction. 

Let’s not remember their Relegation Party, and then they also got relegated. 
Then stayed down whilst we were promoted by March. 😉

PortyBeach
7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Let’s not remember their Relegation Party, and then they also got relegated. 
Then stayed down whilst we were promoted by March. 😉

Yes, Hibs’ relegation that season was comical. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! 
And, as you point out, Hearts’ subsequent promotion as champions was a terrific achievement. I loved the kit that season, too.

16 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

The Champions league has never been for Champions only the old European Cup met that criteria

That's just blatantly wrong.

The Champions League began in 1991/92. It was for champions only up until the 1997/98 competition.

Chick just excelled himself by getting the score wrong in the penalty shootout between Morton and FALKIRK announced a 4-4 draw when the Bairns won 5-4 explained there was no sudden death in League Cup penalty shoot outs. Eventually corrected and scuttled off air. Worth the licence fee? Not for me.

22games nro
2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Chick just excelled himself by getting the score wrong in the penalty shootout between Morton and FALKIRK announced a 4-4 draw when the Bairns won 5-4 explained there was no sudden death in League Cup penalty shoot outs. Eventually corrected and scuttled off air. Worth the licence fee? Not for me.

Yep, was listening , the penny dropped he’d actually missed Falkirk scoring one of their penalties, you could hear the cogs in his head turning and although he tried to laugh it off he was rightly mortified.