How can a supposed journalist be so wrong !!

gasbottle2

12 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Because Chick is a ****ing bellend.

Hard to disagree with that !

i wish jj was my dad

Because he isn't a journalist. He's an OF lackey who hates the idea of Hearts upsetting his easy read narrative that the uglies are the only showing town.

He has also had had his arse handed to him by successive Hearts managers. Notably, PS in an earlier round.

Sorry, and I'll be ripped to shreds for this.  I have no time for the author but all he was trying to say was that after more than 100 years surely it was time for Hibs to get their name on the trophy.  Many neutrals would have said exactly the same.

I didn't detect a word in it that was anti Hearts.

At that point journalist’s said it was their destiny to win every year since had been so long. Especially dinosaurs like chick young. 

34 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Sorry, and I'll be ripped to shreds for this.  I have no time for the author but all he was trying to say was that after more than 100 years surely it was time for Hibs to get their name on the trophy.  Many neutrals would have said exactly the same.

He’s still a wee pee-rick 👍

queensferryjambo

Chick Young is an absolute arse, his hatred of Hearts and indeed Edinburgh (something he actually said live on air) is clear for all to see. He has the cheek to say he supported Hearts as a young boy which in my opinion allows him to then think he has played a get out of jail card when he lays into us.

He loves to be contrary and seeks attention through this. When all the pundits were talking about the best ever foreign player in Scottish football the usual suspects like Laudrup and Larsson came up. Chick said Franck Sauzee was the best he had ever seen, now Sauzee was undeniably a great player but hardly even in the running considering his short time in Scottish football and let's face it Sauzee was at the end of his playing days. I would question exactly how many times Chick got himself along to Hibs games to even see Sauzee in that short period.

I was sure Chick made big attention seeking noises that was was retiring from the BBC years ago, but then never actually left (happy to be corrected on that).

As I say just another West Coast oriented pundit who concerns himself with the bad and controversy in the game and doesn't even seem to like football.

queensferryjambo
41 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

To be fair Chick was literally foaming about how Hibs were going to win it on Radio and TV at the time.

His anti Hearts nonsense was at it's peak at this point.

I always remember on the opening game of season 2011/12 we played Rangers at Ibrox. I was listening to it on the radio on the way home from work. Chick came out with a statement that Hearts had had a player booked and that it was about time the ref booked one of the Hearts players, even the pundits in the studio were cracking jokes to Chick that after his comments it was no wonder they got so many complaints about him from Hearts fans. Obua scored and put us 1-0 up and Chick came out with some comments about us not deserving our lead and he was absolutely spewing. Rangers equalised and he was absolutely over the moon. 

Chick Young hates Hearts and the icing on the cake was his Ann Budge and Hearts 'sqealing like pigs' comments when we were voted out the league.

33 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

To be fair Chick was literally foaming about how Hibs were going to win it on Radio and TV at the time.

I always remember on the opening game of season 2011/12 we played Rangers at Ibrox. I was listening to it on the radio on the way home from work. Chick came out with a statement that Hearts had had a player booked and that it was about time the ref booked one of the Hearts players, even the pundits in the studio were cracking jokes to Chick that after his comments it was no wonder they got so many complaints about him from Hearts fans. Obua scored and put us 1-0 up and Chick came out with some comments about us not deserving our lead and he was absolutely spewing. Rangers equalised and he was absolutely over the moon. 

Chick Young hates Hearts and the icing on the cake was his Ann Budge and Hearts 'sqealing like pigs' comments when we were voted out the league.

In my defence, I knew none of that and it puts the article in a different context.

Chick Young and Jim White were pictured in their true colours, were they not. Nothing else needs to be said. Chick and The other Jim, Traynor are liars, who pretended to be Airdrie and St Mirren fans, but in fact were Rangers and used their positions to influence. Scotland stinks.

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

In my defence, I knew none of that and it puts the article in a different context.

I don't know why they are allowed to continue in their jobs. 

And why do footballers, who can't even put 2 words together, are employed in the media, is another joke.

Derek Ferguson and some others, should not be anywhere near a microphone .

Edited by ri Alban

Chick Young normally backs different sides on different days.  That way he can say he got it right, and the only way he can say that.  

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

I remember that.

"Oh, they've scored" when Hearts took the lead, "GOOOOAAAAL RRRRRRRRANGRS" when they equalised.

He really should have stayed with Radio Clyde. Bias toward the OF is/was the accepted norm over there. He fitted in well with slavering erses like Hugh Keevins and Derek Johnstone. 

A grim day for broadcasting when he switched to Radio Scotland.

I cannot stand him.

There seemed to be a lot of 'written in the stars' nonsense in the build up to that game.  It simply made the outcome even more enjoyable although how can you possibly add to the enjoyment of stuffing your biggest rivals 5-1 in the biggest Derby of all time 🙂

Walter Smith showed him up for what he is.  Absolutely roasted him in the tunnel and it’s one of the best clips you’ll see .

summed Dick Young up. I’d take more notice of what my gran says about football than that tool

Horatio Caine

I had forgotten all about that article!  Reading it is great, knowing how well it went for Chick and his `favourites`.

31 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Walter Smith showed him up for what he is.  Absolutely roasted him in the tunnel and it’s one of the best clips you’ll see .

summed Dick Young up. I’d take more notice of what my gran says about football than that tool

Outstanding. You can hear Chick shiting himself :lol:

"There's something in the air"

Aye, there was something in the air chick, all hope from hibs fans by half time :lol:

“Supposed journalist”?  Rabid Rangers lover with a typewriter.  I have never known anyone produce so much absolute shite dressed up as journalism as  Chick Young does. That article just sums him up. 

John Findlay

Chic young is to football journalism/journalism, as to what Harold Shipman was to patient care.

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Chick Young hates Hearts and the icing on the cake was his Ann Budge and Hearts 'sqealing like pigs' comments when we were voted out the league

That certainly was when his mask slipped over his dislike of Hearts. A disgraceful comment, made at a time that quite a few of our "journalists" were sticking the boot into Hearts. They were maybe carrying a grudge from the Romanov, Mowgli and Monkey Nuts, era, which they couldn't shake off, years after Romanov had gone. Inexcusable from Young and others.

One thing is for sure, he didn't dare make a similar comment when Rangers and their fans were shouting the odds about getting placed into the 4th tier of the league. No, we were then warned of the mass protests and civil unrest that that injustice to their Glasgow darlings would bring.

Ex member of the SaS

If I had realised it was written by Chick I would have ignored it. Bellend of the highest order.

Percival King

Is Chick Young really a journalist? He's a bit like the kid that was in every class at school - wanted to be pals with the big boys, bit of a joker  who tried to be funny all the time but tended not to be, tried to impress but didn't, didn’t realise that folk were laughing at him instead of with him, nobody took him too seriously but was, basically, harmless.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Outstanding. You can hear Chick shiting himself :lol:

I always thought Smith was a ***** and a bully for this, the lad's asking fair enough questions.

“Only an idiot would try and predict the outcome of an Old Firm derby”

”Chick?”

”I’m going for Rangers”

The above conversation, pretty much sums that tool up.

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I always thought Smith was a ***** and a bully for this, the lad's asking fair enough questions.

He asked if Basile Boli (who had previously scored the winning goal in a European cup final, and who was an international regular for France) and Brian Laudrup (who had previously played for Bayern Munich, Fiorentina and Milan, and who had won the European championship with Denmark) were good enough to play in Europe for Rangers.

He deserved the complete derision that Smith gave him.

Chick was nearly in tears by the end. It was hilarious.

Edited by iantjambo

Bazzas right boot

Lots of predictions go sideways. 

Look at half this board last season. 

Young is a prick tho, his "squealing like a pig" comment regarding Budge required a stronger response duro g our demotion. 

Him and Gordon were gvinv3each other reach aroynds at the prospect of our demotion. 

So much so, guys like Collins were the ones sticking up for us! 

"chick" hates us and is a slavering arse, but predictions often go wrong. 

The article is just a shite journalist getting it all wrong. 

Heartsofgold
8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Because Chick is a ****ing bellend.

The one and only answer to the OP's question.

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

He asked if Basile Boli (who had previously scored the winning goal in a European cup final, and who was an international regular for France) and Brian Laudrup (who had previously played for Bayern Munich, Fiorentina and Milan, and who had won the European championship with Denmark) were good enough to play in Europe for Rangers.

He deserved the complete derision that Smith gave him.

Chick was nearly in tears by the end. It was hilarious.

He asked if they needed to spend more to keep up with the AC Milans before that, it's Smith's arsey mood that made him rephrase the question.

But the thing is, it's his job to ask these questions, and Walter's job to say "no I think the players we've signed are of great pedigree and we've been unlucky" instead of acting the enraged *****.

42 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He was questioning if Brian Laudrup was good enough to play in Europe :lol:

CF11JamTart

To me, Chick Young just makes Scottish football seem tin-pot and amateurish.

A hopeless journalist. Keep chummy with the OF to keep on the gravy train. 

Contrast with Tom English. Someone capable of genuine insight, who presumably realises that doing the job properly is more important than keeping the OF sweet. 

Unknown user
57 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

He was questioning if Brian Laudrup was good enough to play in Europe :lol:

The same Laudrup that shit himself at Chelsea to be fair.

But that's not the point, he's meant to ask leading questions so Walter can say how good he thinks the players are, they've been lucky etc. That's how it works. They'd just been put out of Europe after spending top level money, Chick's not doing his job if he doesn't ask these questions.

The two things apart from the Walter Smith interview that I remember about the idiot are

There were really bad train delays for getting people into Glasgow and a BBC news reporter was asking passengers who after very long delays made it to Glasgow. They interviewed chick in the station and thought he was just a random member of the public rather than one of the creme de la creme of Scottish football reporting.

The second one was when he claimed to be a st mirren fan. He was covering a st mirren v rangers game and rangers lost there was a picture of him looking like someone had urinated in his bovril

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The same Laudrup that shit himself at Chelsea to be fair.

But that's not the point, he's meant to ask leading questions so Walter can say how good he thinks the players are, they've been lucky etc. That's how it works. They'd just been put out of Europe after spending top level money, Chick's not doing his job if he doesn't ask these questions.

Tbf his shirt time at Chelsea was down to him not realising about this squad rotation policy and due to that he feel out badly with the club. It could have been very different fergie phoned him the day after he signed for Chelsea trying to takes him to man utd but it was too late

Paolo made a fool of him after the St Mirren replay and he went in a huff, culminating in that piece.

Edited by Boab

Jambo 4 Ever
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I agree

nothing too wrong with what he said 

"It's written in the stars

Aye, and all the stars line up and say "Hibs are shite". 

Even found the time to trot out the tired old Weegie “you’ll have had your [fun]” pop at Edinburgh.  Hilarious.

BBC ‘Scotland’, huh?

8 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I was sure Chick made big attention seeking noises that was was retiring from the BBC years ago, but then never actually left (happy to be corrected on that).

This is correct. 

I'm sure he still has his uses around the place. He'll have a big book of contacts and some of his interviews during lockdown were good.

But on open all mics he's shown up as the dinosaur he is. Although Willie Miller and Pat Bonner aren't much better.