Liam Gallagher

jack D and coke

jack D and coke

Anybody else at hampden today?

I know I know he’s a tube etc etc but I proper enjoyed that gig tonight. He done the old favourites and he’s ages with me I feel like I’ve grown up with him. 
Id like a few pints with Liam I think. 

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Anybody else at hampden today?

I know I know he’s a tube etc etc but I proper enjoyed that gig tonight. He done the old favourites and he’s ages with me I feel like I’ve grown up with him. 
Id like a few pints with Liam I think. 

Going to see him later in the year in Sydney. Cannae wait, got the Charlatans coming up too.

I was there with my son…we both really enjoyed the gig. Yes, there are always a few a***holes and casualties at these gigs, but thought it was a pretty good atmosphere. Kasabian were fantastic, full of energy and great tunes, and LG was on good form. Voice sounding as good as it has in a long time and a really good set, mixing the old with the new. 

Stewie Griffin

Was there with my daughter last night absolutely loved it thought Liam was on top form. Also thought Kasabian were really good as well 

Edited by Stewie Griffin

7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

At this rate it'll be Noel begging Liam to reform Oasis.

He's on fire just now.

I doubt Noel Gallagher gives a shit, tbh.

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

At this rate it'll be Noel begging Liam to reform Oasis.

He's on fire just now.

Can't see it considering how successful NGHFB have been. Massive in South AMERICA, Australia and Asia and doing pretty well throughout Europe and the US. 

I think Noel has acknowledged that Liam has been more successful as a solo artist than he has. The two of them are just such different characters - you can see why they don't get along.

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, stirlo said:

I think Noel has acknowledged that Liam has been more successful as a solo artist than he has. The two of them are just such different characters - you can see why they don't get along.

There's a long held belief that Liam is an arsehole and Noel is the nice guy. It couldn't be further from the truth.

hmfc_liam06
5 hours ago, Darren said:

I doubt Noel Gallagher gives a shit, tbh.

Oh he'll be seething at Liam's solo success.

I was there and also watched Noel's full Glastonbury set, both were excellent and shows you don't need an oasis reunion as both keep the flame going. Liam is more successful as a showman, but his solo stuff doesn't stand up alongside Noel's. For the ultimate, look no further than McCartney's show, that's how it's done.

15 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

That was a great gig last night. He sounded better than ever.

Not a very high bar.

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There's a long held belief that Liam is an arsehole and Noel is the nice guy. It couldn't be further from the truth.

Aye, your right. They're both arseholes.

11 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Most folk are...

:spoton: Doesn't make you a bad person. A know few arseholes who are good see you next Tuesdays. 👍

I watched Liam's documentary, he has mellowed, Noel thinks he's it.

And as for singing quality, not many pop, rock stars are much cop live, but I don't usually care, when I'm rocking to the music. If I was I'd go to Opera. People need to relax, enjoy themselves and stop the criticism. I'd be more unhappy if they did an Adele and cancelled last minute, because of "make up excuse" 

Edited by ri Alban

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

One thing they both are is hugely entertaining in interviews and that gives them a lot of leeway in my book. Regardless of their music I find them both engaging and not in the least bit “arsehole-ish”

Bit like Dave Grohl, can’t be bothered with his band but he comes across as a cracking lad. 

hmfc_liam06
15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

One thing they both are is hugely entertaining in interviews and that gives them a lot of leeway in my book. Regardless of their music I find them both engaging and not in the least bit “arsehole-ish”

Bit like Dave Grohl, can’t be bothered with his band but he comes across as a cracking lad. 

Yeah, wouldn't disagree there.

Re Grohl, it was pretty class seeing him act like a starstruck child on stage with McCartney :lol:

11 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Oh he'll be seething at Liam's solo success.

He's been pretty complimentary recently. I get the impression he's quite happy to sit and count his cash when he's not travelling the world with his band. Liam needs the success a lot more than Noel these days. And he's getting it, good on him. If it stops Oasis getting back together then I'm all for it.

I was there with the wife and boy, the Oasis sing-a-long just cannot be beaten.  Shame he didn't play Live Forever.

I love Liam, I caught that wave in my youth and it carried a generation. 

The songs are amazing, but they're need Liam's voice.  (Loving his new song More Power, quite sad thinking about his childhood and fair play to him for writing about it).

The Manchester Arena gig, why Noel couldn't come back for his city then is beyond me, Manchester needed him then (in my opinion), the UK needed him/them.

There's a video on YouTube about the Wembley gigs, Noel said it was the lowest point for him and Liam was out of control, all the ramblings and subtitled and party explained, Liam was splitting up with Patsy and he'd just found out she'd emptied the house.  The Friday night was a dry run and the Saturday was the recording for the DVD/Album, but he found out on the Saturday she'd cleared everything and it was all in the press, he then goes on a total drink and drugs bender and near enough ruins every song by changing the lyrics, they then have to use the Friday night recording.

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I was there with the wife and boy, the Oasis sing-a-long just cannot be beaten.  Shame he didn't play Live Forever.

I love Liam, I caught that wave in my youth and it carried a generation. 

The songs are amazing, but they're need Liam's voice.  (Loving his new song More Power, quite sad thinking about his childhood and fair play to him for writing about it).

The Manchester Arena gig, why Noel couldn't come back for his city then is beyond me, Manchester needed him then (in my opinion), the UK needed him/them.

There's a video on YouTube about the Wembley gigs, Noel said it was the lowest point for him and Liam was out of control, all the ramblings and subtitled and party explained, Liam was splitting up with Patsy and he'd just found out she'd emptied the house.  The Friday night was a dry run and the Saturday was the recording for the DVD/Album, but he found out on the Saturday she'd cleared everything and it was all in the press, he then goes on a total drink and drugs bender and near enough ruins every song by changing the lyrics, they then have to use the Friday night recording.

Dead surprised he didn’t do that as well. Some reason he didn’t? He says it’s his favourite song too. I’d manoeuvred into a decent position too cos my niece wanted on my shoulders for it and it never happened🤷🏽‍♂️
I enjoyed it though it wasnt as full of some of the human dregs as some oasis gigs I’d went to in the past.
Good crowd and good natured sing along. 

30 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Dead surprised he didn’t do that as well. Some reason he didn’t? He says it’s his favourite song too. I’d manoeuvred into a decent position too cos my niece wanted on my shoulders for it and it never happened🤷🏽‍♂️
I enjoyed it though it wasnt as full of some of the human dregs as some oasis gigs I’d went to in the past.
Good crowd and good natured sing along. 

Aye we said that too, plenty folk out of it but zero hassle and everyone seemed in good spirits.  Our boy is going to Gerry Cinnamon in a few weeks as his first solo gig with a few pals, you can guess we're nervous!

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah, wouldn't disagree there.

Re Grohl, it was pretty class seeing him act like a starstruck child on stage with McCartney :lol:

He was brilliantly shambolic. 

See Liam G, why does he not play “Halo”? It’s a perfect pop song imo

30 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He was brilliantly shambolic. 

See Liam G, why does he not play “Halo”? It’s a perfect pop song imo

I like Liam's documentary, he gets on really well with his boys. Which put him right up in my estimations. 👍. I suppose we're all a bit mental when we're young and that's what probably made me dislike Oasis. Now I've mellowed and so has Liam, so I actually quite like them, now. :D

It's only fair someone disagrees. This is Kickback after all and we cant get to a 2nd page in The Shed with everyone facing the same way.

So I'll do it......

I think he's an arse who cant sing and his music is shit.

There's no question that Liam's voice and charisma was a massive part of the success of Oasis - but I've no doubt that Noel is the real genius behind that band. It's actually a classic situation of two brothers that are each envious of the other's talents. Noel knows that Liam has the charisma and the voice, whereas Liam knows that Noel is the brilliant songwriter.

As I wrote on another thread, it may be better that Oasis do not reform. It's 25 years since they were at the top of their game and it's sometimes a sad sight to see bands who are a shadow of their former-selves trying to relive the past.

• 8 months later...
Luckies1874

Over the last few days seems like they are back to speculating on a Oasis reunion.

I don't think there is anyway it doesn't happen at some point, probably fairly soon as they will both make tens of millions. Noel apparently about to get divorced too which will be costly. It will be massive and they will sell out huge numbers of tickets for whoever many nights they want. Who amongst JKB's finest will attend?

I hope they do get back together, 1 of my favourite bands. Can't stand noel though, comes across as an arrogant dick. Liam though I do like. However, as a band, I would go and see them live.

2 hours ago, superjack said:

I hope they do get back together, 1 of my favourite bands. Can't stand noel though, comes across as an arrogant dick. Liam though I do like. However, as a band, I would go and see them live.

I fecking hated Oasis in the 90s, but I've mellowed towards them and would maybe go to see them. Noel has totally disappeared up his own arse and Liam has turned into a good lad. I enjoyed his documentary thingy.

Luckies1874

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I fecking hated Oasis in the 90s, but I've mellowed towards them and would maybe go to see them. Noel has totally disappeared up his own arse and Liam has turned into a good lad. I enjoyed his documentary thingy.

Supersonic (currently it is available on Netflix) is a class documentary - would highly recommend if you haven't seen it

32 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Supersonic (currently it is available on Netflix) is a class documentary - would highly recommend if you haven't seen it

I've watched it a few times. I felt sorry for the lad who left. Noel is total bunnet.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

One for the 40-45 year old Stone Island wearing pavement dancers.

I'm almost 50 and a primark wearer who can't pavement dance. Can I still go?

been here before
10 minutes ago, superjack said:

I'm almost 50 and a primark wearer who can't pavement dance. Can I still go?

Only if you stand at the back.

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Only if you stand at the back.

If I'm at the back, I suppose I could sit instead.

Shooter McGavin

Both of them are twats to be honest. One maybe more so in the 90’s, and now the other can’t be arsed with him anymore, and would rather mingle with the rich and famous.

hmfc_liam06

Interesting that Noel has been making a lot more positive noises about a reform since he split with his wife.

Liam was right all along...

hmfc_liam06
17 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Noel say he knows where the phone is. Personally, I think he should be doing the phoning.

:spoton:

Will never recreate that magic of the 90s imo. Unless they are just doing a greatest hits tour to cash in I don’t it going well. 

Statts1976uk

Sometimes it works when bands return from a hiatus and are making new music. This though sounds like it'll be similar to The Stone Roses reunion, maybe a new single and a new greatest hits package but basically just a money making tour relying on us Britpop kids shelling out to reminisce. 

I was at Irvine Beach and saw them there and would rather remember the power of youth and swagger from those heady days. You know any tour now will cost ten times as much and be full of overpriced ticket gold circle/platinum hospitality packages. 

The Hogfather

Hard to imagine a more popular gig anywhere in the UK than an Oasis reunion. They could easily do a repeat of Knebworth. 

Jambos_1874

I was a massive Oasis fan, albeit not so much in their latter years, and if Morning Glory or Supersonic are on the radio I immediately get a huge buzz from it. Yes they won't have the rawness of youth if they perform now, and Liam's voice has declined even more (if that were possible), but it would be brilliant to see them live.  

I lost interest quickly after Definitely Maybe and The Masterplan albums and bar the odd Noel Gallagher song, there's been very variable quality from either Gallager since the band split.

That said the new Noel Gallagher song Dead To The World is beautiful.

Pretty Boy was good as well but was touched by the hand of Marr, so that always helps.

The Jazz Emu
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Doesn’t look like it from your photo. 

Do you look like your photo, Mr Jones?