Marius Zaliukas Question

cookieboy

I have been donated a training top signed by the great man for my charity fundraising however it is number 8 on it , did Zal not always wear 26 ? Thanks in advance Cooky 

14 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

I have been donated a training top signed by the great man for my charity fundraising however it is number 8 on it , did Zal not always wear 26 ? Thanks in advance Cooky 

Zal was always wore 26.

Edited by Chaps

30 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

thanks 

yeah i thought that 

I think during preseason it is pretty common for different numbers to be used by different players dependant on what happens to be available. May just be what he was wearing at the time....or rudi/blackie got their training stuff signed by him 😂

50 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Grant Young the 51 shirts author will be your man for this question.

26 minutes ago, Gav M said:

I think during preseason it is pretty common for different numbers to be used by different players dependant on what happens to be available. May just be what he was wearing at the time....or rudi/blackie got their training stuff signed by him 😂

this is what i'm thinking it might be Blackie's 

8 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

this is what i'm thinking it might be Blackie's 

What's your fundraiser for cookieboy?

1 minute ago, tightrope said:

What's your fundraiser for cookieboy?

Kick Mental Health and Back Onside mate . Not til November though 

Great stuff mate, hope it goes well. PM me when you are going live and I will send a wee donation. Won't be a fortune but it all adds up mate. Good work.

18 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Great stuff mate, hope it goes well. PM me when you are going live and I will send a wee donation. Won't be a fortune but it all adds up mate. Good work.

thanks buddy

Bunny Munro

Often in preseason, and in occasions the league cup, the players wore 1-11. Depending who else was playing (as players normally kept their own number if it was 1-11, leaving the others to fight it out over those that remained), Zal may have wore 8 in one of these games.

Hearts Heritage

Zaliukas Marius-2006-07 (26)
Zaliukas Marius-2007-08 (26)
Zaliukas Marius-2008-09 (26)
Zaliukas Marius-2009-10 (26)
Zaliukas Marius-2010-11 (26)
Zaliukas Marius-2011-12 (26)
Zaliukas Marius-2012-13 (26)

Aguiar Bruno-2006-07 (8)
Aguiar Bruno-2007-08 (8)
Aguiar Bruno-2008-09 (8)
Black Ian-2009-10 (8)
Black Ian-2010-11 (8)
Black Ian-2011-12 (8)
Robinson Scott-2012-13 (8)

2 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

So sad we lost him to that horrible disease. :(

Brings back so many memories just looking at those images. What a wonderful captain we had.

Miss big Zal, puts things into prespective 

Hopefully we keep MND Scotland on our shirt and support other good causes for a long time to come. 

Edited by Phage

hereford_hearts
6 hours ago, Phage said:

Miss big Zal, puts things into prespective 

Hopefully we keep MND Scotland on our shirt and support other good causes for a long time to come. 

Don't forget the unsung hero's that allow us to have MND Scotland on out shirts - Dell computers. 

Jambos_1874
16 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

Don't forget the unsung hero's that allow us to have MND Scotland on out shirts - Dell computers. 

Didn't know this. Do they pay the sponsorship money that a shirt sponsor would normally pay, but MND go on the front of the jersey/get more prominence?

hereford_hearts
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Didn't know this. Do they pay the sponsorship money that a shirt sponsor would normally pay, but MND go on the front of the jersey/get more prominence?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think dell pay the sponsorship money. MND Scotland goes on the front of the shirt, and Dell Computers is on the back of the shirts, under the numbers. 

6 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think dell pay the sponsorship money. MND Scotland goes on the front of the shirt, and Dell Computers is on the back of the shirts, under the numbers. 

Yep - that's my understanding also