Away Season Ticket

XXX

POLL  

163 members have voted

1. 1. A poll, if by chance for season holders would you buy a season ticket for away matches?

A few years ago you were able to sign up and you got every away ticket sent out to you. it's was quite a commitment to make .I liked it as go to all away games . don't know the reason it was stopped 

Unless you're already in the habit of going to every away game, then these aren't really necessary.  It might get you a ticket for Easter Road easier, but you're also committing to multiple jaunts up to Inverness and Ross County over the season, and every game you don't go to is wasted money.

No for me. Love away game but don't go to them all, lets be honest it's never really a struggle to get tickets anyway.

The Hogfather

Don't really struggle for tickets, but I wouldn't be opposed to paying a lump sum up front and not having to shell out when they roll around.

Wouldn't be very fair on those who have racked up loyalty points if Joe bloggs could stroll in and buy tickets for every away game.

Bazzas right boot

I wouldn't buy one but no harm in exploring the option if there are folk wanting to do it. 

Unknown user

The other clubs won't discount the prices so you'd have to pay full price, up front. If they're already easy enough to get, what's the point?

And that's ignoring the fact we don't actually know what the ticket prices will be in advance, Hearts don't set them.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The other clubs won't discount the prices so you'd have to pay full price, up front. If they're already easy enough to get, what's the point?

And that's ignoring the fact we don't actually know what the ticket prices will be in advance, Hearts don't set them.

How many tickets do Celtic and Rangers give Hearts?

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How many tickets do Celtic and Rangers give Hearts?

Two options:

1) A season ticket minus Rangers and Celtic or

2) A lottery draw if given less allocation (say we sold 2,000 away season tickets and Old Firm given us 1,000 so 1,000 in the lottery draw.

Those who didn’t get lucky would get a partial refund.

On a side note, about paying upfront - again partial refund whatever left after the last away game of the season.

been here before
29 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Two options:

2) A lottery draw if given less allocation (say we sold 2,000 away season tickets and Old Firm given us 1,000 so 1,000 in the lottery draw.

On a side note, about paying upfront - again partial refund whatever left after the last away game of the season.

Third option-

Find a situation that doesnt exist and suggest a solution to it that is ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Third option-

Find a situation that doesnt exist and suggest a solution to it that is ridiculous.

All the teams in English Premier League are running it and some EFL clubs too so I think maybe we need to keep up with the times.

Mr Elwood P
38 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Two options:

Just when it looked like the nonsense had peaked at Andy Carroll ...

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Just when it looked like the nonsense had peaked at Andy Carroll ...

Hearts introduced it a few years ago so I wonder why stopped that’s all.

been here before
3 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

All the teams in English Premier League are running it and some EFL clubs too so I think maybe we need to keep up with the times.

Great thinking.

Some clubs in England do it so we should do it as well even though we dont need to.

:rofl:

Just now, been here before said:

Great thinking.

Some clubs in England do it so we should do it as well even though we dont need to.

:rofl:

You have a valid point.

52 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Two options:

What about Hibs? 

Maybe a couple of cup games should be on the actual season ticket, never mind taking more dosh up front from away tickets. Especially when folk haven't got the dosh they usually have.

1 minute ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

I doubt Hearts can sell more than Hibs allocation.

I know I shouldn't have asked questions about silly suggestions. But I'm bored, bud. :D

1 hour ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Two options:

Sounds like a lot of unnecessary work for the ticket office.

43 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What about Hibs? 

Hibs certainly had this and may still do.

A guy who used to be a regular in my local had one.

davemclaren
45 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe a couple of cup games should be on the actual season ticket, never mind taking more dosh up front from away tickets. Especially when folk haven't got the dosh they usually have.

That would mean giving some season tickets money to our opponents. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Was only a joke mate ...

The Treasurer

I had one when the club last issued them and we always got given the worst seats available.

So no thanks, the current system of loyalty points is fine if demand outstrips supply

ColinSmith1255

Loyalty points are good for me. It is many years since I missed a cut-off for a game I wanted to attend. I avoid Ibrox and Parkhead so I wouldn’t want a season away ticket and end up paying the OF for games I didn’t go to.

5 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

You are better asking why it only lasted one year. 

fabienleclerq

Away season tickets were hibs stupid response to mismanaging a basic loyalty point system ,they tried to make loyalty points a money spinner and thus passed off regular away game goers.

Loyalty points works fine.

Personally, no. But like others, as much as I love an away day, I don't go to them all. Maybe only a few a season.

I like the LP system a lot. It's simple and it works.