The Eagles - Murrayfield

McGlynn The Money

28 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Good spot. 

I'm afraid it's all in my username. I've been a Who nut since I was about 12. I'm 62 now, still listen to them LOUD. I suffer from tinnitus for my sins. :lol:

Nookie Bear
14 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Where I stay has no relevance.   You have stated that you think they are 'shite.'   I asked why you have that opinion?   

Is it poor musicianship on their behalf?  Do you think they cannot play their instruments?  Is it the timbre of the lyrics to their songs?  What does 'shite' actually mean to you and why?   You surely must have a reason for your opinion.   Share it with us.   

I am wondering how a band that has been around since the late 60's  comes under your general mantle of 'shite.'

Excellent musicianship does not mean everyone has to like their music. 

A handful of good toons but most of it leaves me a bit cold and Says nothing to me about my life, as Morrissey once said. 

Having said that, I’ve seen a really good documentary about them. Colourful history!

Hell would need to freeze over before I'd see the Eagles.

That said, who cares what I think?

I'm just glad folk are out seeing gigs again.

rudi must stay
17 hours ago, Morgan said:

Yesterday, you said you were going to the concert.

Today, you ask if it was any good.

🤷🏿‍♂️

Aye that's right I was joking obviously. Life doesn't allow me opportunities to enjoy myself anymore 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Aye that's right I was joking obviously. Life doesn't allow me opportunities to enjoy myself anymore 

Sorry to hear that. 

Jamstomorrow
19 hours ago, been here before said:

Because everything Ive ever heard from them sounds shite.

Sorry I've not had time for the thesis you seem to be looking for, but despite your obvious sense of self importance, this is only a football messageboard and folk really dont have to justify their opinion to you.

Ipso facto the Eagles are shite.

You can like or dislike whatever, but to simply describe the Eagles as 'shite,' without any reason for your opinion seems strange. 

I am not asking folk to justify their opinion to me, just you.   Surely that is not too much to ask?  

I do not see where me asking you for your your opinion gives me, in your opinion, an obvious sense of self importance.  I am just curious and asked the question.  You have your opinion.  I merely asked what has formed that opinion?

Perhaps everything you have ever heard from them sounds 'shite,' is because your musical taste is in your arse or you have hearing issues.

been here before
42 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

You can like or dislike whatever, but to simply describe the Eagles as 'shite,' without any reason for your opinion seems strange. 

I am not asking folk to justify their opinion to me, just you.   Surely that is not too much to ask?  

I do not see where me asking you for your your opinion gives me, in your opinion, an obvious sense of self importance.  I am just curious and asked the question.  You have your opinion.  I merely asked what has formed that opinion?

Perhaps everything you have ever heard from them sounds 'shite,' is because your musical taste is in your arse or you have hearing issues.

Perhaps you liking the Eagles is because your musical taste is in your arse or you have hearing issues.

Imagine getting so worked up over the anonymous opinion of some random on the internet that you're still greeting over it after 3 days :rofl:

Jamstomorrow
6 hours ago, been here before said:

Perhaps you liking the Eagles is because your musical taste is in your arse or you have hearing issues.

Imagine getting so worked up over the anonymous opinion of some random on the internet that you're still greeting over it after 3 days :rofl:

I am neither greeting or have hearing issues.

My reaction, once again, was to you stating that The Eagles were 'shite.' 

Several times now I have asked you to state why, in your opinion they are 'shite?

'In my own humble opinion, the fact that they have been around for decades,  have had numerous number 1 hits, several number 1 albums, several Grammy Awards and several American Music awards, can still pack out stadiums all over the world, does not appear to make them 'shite!' 

Of course you may be a wonderful musician yourself, with hits all over the world, numerous awards and playing to packed stadia and a millionaire.   However, if you are not, then your opinion is worthless.  The best you could have said is that you do not like them, but no, you describe them as 'shite,' which they patently are not.

Once again, I ask you why, in your opinion, you think they are 'shite?'

3 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Several times now I have asked you to state why, in your opinion they are 'shite?

'In my own humble opinion, the fact that they have been around for decades,  have had numerous number 1 hits, several number 1 albums, several Grammy Awards and several American Music awards, can still pack out stadiums all over the world, does not appear to make them 'shite!' 

Of course you may be a wonderful musician yourself, with hits all over the world, numerous awards and playing to packed stadia and a millionaire.   However, if you are not, then your opinion is worthless.  The best you could have said is that you do not like them, but no, you describe them as 'shite,' which they patently are not.

FFS it’s all about opinions and we’re allowed them. I said on the Glastonbury thread I though St Vincent was magnificent. Someone disagreed and I respected their opinion. That’s what music is all about. For what it’s worth I really like early Eagles stuff and thing after they moved further from their country roots they were shite. But that’s,like, just my opinion man. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

****in hell, what a meltdown about someone having a different opinion to you. 

That really is some rant.

I still think the Eagles are shite despite your struggling with it.

Edited by been here before
Adding the bit about the Eagles being shite.

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

FFS it’s all about opinions and we’re allowed them. I said on the Glastonbury thread I though St Vincent was magnificent. Someone disagreed and I respected their opinion. That’s what music is all about. For what it’s worth I really like early Eagles stuff and thing after they moved further from their country roots they were shite. But that’s,like, just my opinion man. 

It is the use of the word, 'shite,' that I find hard to accept without justification of why a person has that opinion.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I for one worked with a couple of guys who idolised Simple Minds.   I did not feel the same way, but would not have described them as 'shite.'   

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, been here before said:

****in hell, what a meltdown about someone having a different opinion to you. 

That really is some rant.

Once again you deflect from explaining why you state that they are . . .'shite!'

been here before
2 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

It is the use of the word, 'shite,' that I find hard to accept without justification of why a person has that opinion.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I for one worked with a couple of guys who idolised Simple Minds.   I did not feel the same way, but would not have described them as 'shite.'   

Here hotshot, it might come as a huge ****ing shuddering shock to you but people dont have to justify a single thing to you.

Sorry to pish on your proverbial chips etc...

And those chips, if the Eagles had cooked them, would be shite.

Edited by been here before

Jamstomorrow

Here hotshot, it might come as a huge ****ing shuddering shock to you but people dont have to justify a single thing to you.

Spoken like the literary genius you obviously are.   

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

The Eagles did save Gandalf mind? Respect is due there atleast.

6 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Well I’d happily describe Simple Minds as shite. As in my opinion they are, though I know many on here love them.  

been here before
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Well I’d happily describe Simple Minds as shite. As in my opinion they are, though I know many on here love them.  

:rofl:  Awww dont  :lol:

been here before
4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Did they? Well well done them then, fair play. Did they save him by playing some of their shite music?

5 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Spoken like the literary genius you obviously are.   

You think Im a literary genius? My you are having a bad few days.

:rofl:

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

What is it about them that makes you say they are 'shite'  as opposed to saying that you just don't like them for some particular reason?   

Jamstomorrow

Did they? Well well done them then, fair play. Did they save him by playing some of their shite music?

You think Im a literary genius? My you are having a bad few days.

:rofl:

Sarcasm is obviously wasted on you.    You STILL don't seem able to say why, in your opinion, they are 'shite.'  

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

What is it about them that makes you say they are 'shite'  as opposed to saying that you just don't like them for some particular reason?   

It’s not complicated. I listen to them and I think “that’s shite”. 
I don’t think, “ooh nice drum part, great playing” I just think “that’s shite” 

been here before
6 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Sarcasm is obviously wasted on you.    You STILL don't seem able to say why, in your opinion, they are 'shite.'  

I think you're getting mixed up with "STILL don't seem to be able" and 'dont really give a **** that you think I should'.

been here before
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s not complicated. I listen to them and I think “that’s shite”. 
I don’t think, “ooh nice drum part, great playing” I just think “that’s shite” 

Few decent tracks between New Gold Dream and Sparkle In the Rain but also an awful lot of shite.

Not as shite as the Eagles mind. They're Shite with a capital S.

On 23/06/2022 at 01:29, davemclaren said:

Seen them twice but I feel they are much diminished following the death of Glenn Frey. 

.....and Timothy B....!

Percival King
17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I like Simple Minds.

So do I. And I like The Eagles, saw them the other night and they were superb. There are other bands that I don't like that I wouldn't pay £1 to see but they still manage to sell out stadiums across the world without my patronage.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

1 hour ago, Percival King said:

So do I. And I like The Eagles, saw them the other night and they were superb. There are other bands that I don't like that I wouldn't pay £1 to see but they still manage to sell out stadiums across the world without my patronage.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

Good analogy.  👍

I wouldn’t go to see the Rolling Stones even if the tickets were free.  On the other hand, I would pay any amount of money to see Elton John just one more time.  I’ve seen him 5 times over the years and would love to see him again before he packs it all in.

The Ultimate Worrier
17 hours ago, Jeff said:

One thing I've always struggled with is why did they not get involved right from the start? They could have flown Frodo into Mordor, he would then chuck the ring in the fire and everyone goes home. Job done.

It would have saved us sitting through those ****ing interminable films as well.

4 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

One thing I've always struggled with is why did they not get involved right from the start? They could have flown Frodo into Mordor, he would then chuck the ring in the fire and everyone goes home. Job done.

It would have saved us sitting through those ****ing interminable films as well.

If you read the Hobbit they basically say Gandalf is owed one favour. They didn't want involved in the war.

Ps I feckin loved the films 

Edited by Jeff

23 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I used to dread the questionnaire you had to complete to prove your musical prowess at the record shop counter before being allowed to buy a new album...;)

Opinions are not worthless, without fans a band is nothing. 

A Boy Named Crow
On 25/06/2022 at 08:18, Jamstomorrow said:

If he'd said boring, rather than shite, would that have been acceptable? The Eagles are pretty boring, and boring music is pointless, you might say...shite 🤠

The Ultimate Worrier
11 hours ago, Jeff said:

If you read the Hobbit they basically say Gandalf is owed one favour. They didn't want involved in the war.

Ps I feckin loved the films 

That makes sense and they certainly picked a great moment to repay Gandalf. It's been years since I read The Hobbit. Read LotR in my early teens and then again when the films came out.

I love the book and the films although they do go on a bit. Making The Hobbit, a much shorter book, into three long films is just a piss take as well in my opinion.

On a separate note, have you seen the animated version of LotR? Sadly they ran out of money halfway through so it never got finished.

3 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

That makes sense and they certainly picked a great moment to repay Gandalf. It's been years since I read The Hobbit. Read LotR in my early teens and then again when the films came out.

I love the book and the films although they do go on a bit. Making The Hobbit, a much shorter book, into three long films is just a piss take as well in my opinion.

On a separate note, have you seen the animated version of LotR? Sadly they ran out of money halfway through so it never got finished.

I watched the animated film the other week actually. Shouldn't laugh but it's aged so badly 😂.

Am I correct in saying it basically ended at the end of Helms Deep?

On 24/06/2022 at 18:40, tedarmy said:

a mate of mine was there-said it was superb. looks like he was sitting miles from the stage though.

eagles.jpg

Wouldn't go to another stadium gig.

14 minutes ago, been here before said:

The Eagles: Live From The LA Forum on Sky Arts just now.

Gave it 5 mins but it was shite.

Relentless.

McGlynn The Money
On 26/06/2022 at 21:44, been here before said:

The Eagles: Live From The LA Forum on Sky Arts just now.

Gave it 5 mins but it was shite.

Fascinating.