Hearts Finishing Position - Based on Current Squad POLL

XXX

POLL  

408 members have voted

1. 1. With the start of the new Premiership season few weeks away taking into account the summer signings and CURRENT squads, where can you see Hearts finish this season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/07/22 at 23:00

Thing is we have the big WC break this season, so the games taking its toll will be nulified going into the 2nd half of the season. 

As long as we are still in the top 6 come christmas we can push on and secure another 3rd place finish.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• jambo89

Bazzas right boot

With Bob at the helm we'll be lucky to make top 6.

Hibs are light years ahead. 

No chance of 3rd.

Savage has made shit signings like Gnando, he's useless. 

Total rebuild required just to stay in the division. 

Eye bleeding football will see season tickets drop. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

With Bob at the helm we'll be lucky to make top 6.

Hibs are light years ahead. 

No chance of 3rd.

Savage has made shit signings like Gnando, he's useless. 

Total rebuild required just to stay in the division. 

Eye bleeding football will see season tickets drop. 

Apologies, that was last seasons notes/ summary. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

davemclaren
2 hours ago, 151 said:

Thing is we have the big WC break this season, so the games taking its toll will be nulified going into the 2nd half of the season. 

As long as we are still in the top 6 come christmas we can push on and secure another 3rd place finish.

Unless we stay in Europe post WC. 😎

46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Good to see you on the Robbie Love Train 😀

Read the title mate 👍

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Read the title mate 👍

Not sure what I misinterpreted but I was just kidding 👍🏻

18 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’ll have some of what you’re having 🤣

What because I believe we can go at it with Celtic and Rangers. 

And don't fear them. 

5 competitions we could be potentially in this season with a squad of 26/27 we can do it. 

I believe that we should of been closer to them last season, we ****ed it in games like, Dundee and County, the 0-0 at home with Hibs the draw away from home. 

Hearts are a big club with that comes expectation. 

Bring success or Feck off. 

Always improving. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure what I misinterpreted but I was just kidding 👍🏻

I believe this squad can mount a challenge on all fronts, but it isn't my job to do that. 

Hopefully Robbie can do it. 

The fans have certainly backed the club 👍

4 hours ago, 151 said:

This is where I'm kind of at. If we are within touching distance of 3rd at the WC break I'm sure we'll be 3rd at the end.

Brick Tamland

3rd because the gap between us and the uglies is still too big.

Aberdeen - not seeing where the Aberdeen threat is going to come from, Goodwin showed nothing last season to suggest he is the man to take them forward and they have lost their best player and it also looks like Ferguson could be away and Goodwin isn't used to spending money on players so I can't see him spending wisely.

Dundee Utd are all over the place and Jack Ross won't do much to improve them.

H1b5 are just shite and have far too big a squad with no quality in it and with Ron's laddie head of recruitment Tom Thumb won't be getting  say in who he signs, there will definitely be some infighting in the squad as each player will think they are better than who is getting a game.

Motherwell - meh

St Johnstone - likely to improve on last season but still bottom six

Ross County - fluke season so bottom 6 beckons

St Midden - nope bottom 6

Livingston - potential improvement and may make top 6

Kilmarnock - McInnes knows the league but squad isn't so great bottom 6

1 and 2 The terrorist lovers and Boris's 11 in whatever order you choose

3 HMFC 

4 Dundee Utd 

5 Aberdeen 

6 Livingston 

7 Motherwell

8 H1b5

9 Kilmarnock

10 St Johnstone

11 Ross County

12 St Midden

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I believe this squad can mount a challenge on all fronts, but it isn't my job to do that. 

Hopefully Robbie can do it. 

The fans have certainly backed the club 👍

Nice work 😏

i wish jj was my dad
47 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nice work 😏

You mean you have translated into arsehole: We better get at least second or Robbie oot. Stendel in. 

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You mean you have translated into arsehole: We better get at least second or Robbie oot. Stendel in. 

I don’t know what you mean 🤷‍♂️😏

i wish jj was my dad
47 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don’t know what you mean 🤷‍♂️😏

Of course Robbie should be able to guarantee he can finish above 2 teams with about 10x his budget? He can feck off if he doesn't. And he better no stand off Hibs either. 

Nookie Bear
49 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Of course Robbie should be able to guarantee he can finish above 2 teams with about 10x his budget? He can feck off if he doesn't. And he better no stand off Hibs either. 

Everything is in place. No excuses now, Robbie!!

No Idle Talk

The obvious answer is 3rd. The squad of players we have is clearly talented enough to finish there. 

I am however leaning towards 4th at the moment. My concern is how European football is going to affect our league form. Playing Thursday-Sunday takes a lot out of players legs and a lot out of players emotionally. How we handle that will have a massive bearing on our league position this time round. 

Being in Europe will kill us in the League - we simply don’t have the resources, like the ‘ugly sisters’ to rest key players during the first half of the season. Let’s hope we are within touching distance of 3rd by November!

• 2 months later...
On 24/06/2022 at 09:32, Holtie said:

Being in Europe will kill us in the League - we simply don’t have the resources, like the ‘ugly sisters’ to rest key players during the first half of the season. Let’s hope we are within touching distance of 3rd by November!

Agreed 

I’m  thinking we will finish 4th unless we sign more than just one player tonight 

Some folk reckoning we'll be in europe post Christmas?

We've got what, 2 months of a league until the world cup? 

Then a transfer window.

We'll skoosh third 

Nae doubts about it 

9 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Agreed 

I’m  thinking we will finish 4th unless we sign more than just one player tonight 

So one player is fourth, two players maybe third? Why don’t we just sign half a dozen and win the league?

Edited by GinRummy

On 24/06/2022 at 09:32, Holtie said:

The the ugly sisters hardly rest players after European games , why are we doing it? Don’t understand it at all 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, greggy123 said:

The the ugly sisters hardly rest players after European games , why are we doing it? Don’t understand it at all 

their players are better physically than ours. Simply better athletes 

The squad even though incomplete in my view should and will still finish 3rd. Our best 13 or 14 (admittedly going on our recent luck with injuries we may only have 9 or 10 of them ever fit at once) are far better than what any of our realistic competition (Aberdeen) have available. The WC will also help us if things are quite tight for 3rd/4th/5th going into the festive period and into the new year as we'll get a good rest and reset post Europe. Hopefully we might still have a play off to look forward to in February but the schedule will be nowhere near as hectic as the next couple of months. We remain big favourites for 3rd despite, in my view, not making this easier on ourselves by pushing the boat out. We should be in the best financial position to add in January to secure 3rd if necessary. 

Edited by Luckies1874

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

their players are better physically than ours. Simply better athletes 

Fair enough the old firm have better football players than us but should they really be fitter than us? Good hearts team have always been very physical and fit. 

I think we'll get 3rd but won't be by same gap as last season. Injuries and Europe may see us fall off a bit and Aberdeen seem strong this season so they will be in the mix for 3rd 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Agreed 

What if we get 1 tonight and more on a free transfer? 

kingantti1874

We need to stay in an around third to the WC break. If we do that we will walk it in the new year.

I worry about the number of fixtures and the impact that a few injuries in key positions could have.

I hope we are still active in the free transfer space .. 

Dick Dastardly

We're getting relegated to the Highland League. Savage is an imposter. Neilson is a fraud. The whole medical department need castrated. The scouting department need to actually work the whole year and not leave it to the last minute. We need to update our laptops. We spent all that money on big screens and none on the playing squad. Absolute shambles. 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

Recruitment / squad wise, with the incomings and outgoings we have effectively stood still imo. Our points tally was enough to achieve 3rd from 9 of the last 13 seasons so even if we don't make any more free transfer signings (which I think we will) we should finish 3rd. 

I think we will finish 3rd, but my main concern is if Mackay gets an injury. If he is out the team for any length of time, I think we would struggle big time.

Still think we're the 3rd best in the country. Aberdeen have improved for sure (not hard) but I still wouldn't swap many of ours for theirs. Dundee Utd look to have a good squad but they've had an absolutely disastrous start to the season that would take a miracle to overturn. Hibs despite all their new toys look no better than last year so far, that midfield has bottom 6 written all over it, as do their CBs.

IveSeenTheLight
33 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Recruitment / squad wise, with the incomings and outgoings we have effectively stood still imo. Our points tally was enough to achieve 3rd from 9 of the last 13 seasons so even if we don't make any more free transfer signings (which I think we will) we should finish 3rd. 

I don’t think that is true.

61 points to secure 3rd in 9 of the last 13, that can’t be correct

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

no it is true. You said this before. Someone went and got the data but you disappeared for a few weeks presumably becuase Aberdeen were pish .

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

no it is true. You said this before. Someone went and got the data but you disappeared for a few weeks presumably becuase Aberdeen were pish .

I never disappeared.

I’ll go look it up but 70 points was the target for a number of years

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I never disappeared.

You did disappear when Aberdeen were pish likes. You’ve now re-appeared when they might not be. 

12 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It was me who looked it up the last time. He didn't respond last time either. He seemingly got confused and looked at the points tally for the team that finished third and assumed that was what was required. He didn't realise that to finish 3rd, you need to have more points than 4th place which is the points tally he should be looking at. Maths not the Sheeps strong point tbf

Edited by jambo89

11 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

that was me me being  sarcastic

loads of folk were saying that all last pre season.

stay up to speed

Wis it, aye?

12 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

It was me who looked it up the last time. He didn't respond last time either. He seemingly got confused and looked at the points tally for the team that finished third and assumed that was what was required. He didn't realise that to finish 3rd, you need to have more points than 4th place which is the points tally he should be looking at. Maths not the Sheeps strong point tbf

You tried counting sheep? I never get past 3.

IveSeenTheLight

Third place

2021/22 - Hearts 61 points (That’s your started for 1)

2020/21 - Hibs 63 points

2019/20 - Motherwell 46 points (League stopped early, but you can claim that as 2)

2018/19 - Kilmarnock 67 points

2017/18 - Rangers 70 points

2016/17 - Rangers 67 points

2015/16 - Hearts 65 Points 

2014/15 - Inverness 65 points

2013/14 - Aberdeen 68 points

2012/13 - St Johnstone 56 points (That’s no 3)

2011/12 - Motherwell 62 points

2010/11 - Hearts 63 points

2009/10 - Dundee Utd 63 points

Thats 13 seasons where only 3 where 61 points would have secured 3rd, one of which was the curtailed COVID season

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I never disappeared.

you disappeared for months.  You’ll disappear this season again as the sheep have flattered to deceive and have been lucky with red cards