Gary Lineker racial abuse

pablo

12 hours ago, pablo said:

It's just really odd. Has anyone ever even considered him having dark skin? I must be missing something obvious here.

Not many I'd imagine but, according to GL, some have.  And that's his point, I guess.

He seems to annoy the Gammon fraternity which is ironic as if you accuse someone of being Gammon,  they say you're being racist regarding the colour of their complexion.

It's a funny old world.

May one-six
7 minutes ago, Costanza said:

He seems to annoy the Gammon fraternity which is ironic as if you accuse someone of being Gammon,  they say you're being racist regarding the colour of their complexion.

It's a funny old world.

Yeah, Gary does seem to provoke the right wing snowflakes - good on him.

4 hours ago, dannymack said:

1983, got beat 2-3 with Gary Winston Lineker scoring 2 goals in the last 10 mins.

Also played against us for Spurs in the 1-1 draw in 1990

Amazing how time fuzzes memory.

I recall the "have a word moment".......stood next to a pale faced bumbling idiot I suppose Lineker did look a tad more continental

image.jpeg.dd946dcc4a658eb9d0d57684b492bd14.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I recall the "have a word moment".......stood next to a pale faced bumbling idiot I suppose Lineker did look a tad more continental

image.jpeg.dd946dcc4a658eb9d0d57684b492bd14.jpeg

Ironically it is Boris who has the most mixed lineage in terms of geography though not really ethnicity

I used to get called all the usual racist names when i was at school and I'm a white Scottish man who just went really brown in the sun!

Probably in the same way white Scottish kids with narrow eyes got called derogatory Chinese names 

I'm 50 years old though, the world was a lot more racist when i was a lad

I have Spanish pal who has lived in Scotland since she was a young kid. She has a very slight natural tan compared to your average Scot. (basically she's not milk bottle white)

She was once called a derogatory term for a Pakistani by some arsehole in a bar.  :vrface: 

With that in mind, it wouldn't surprise me too much if Gary Linker was called the same.

17 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He’s probably forgot that he probably spent hours under a sun bed.

Aye and ended up burnt to a crisp.

buzzbomb1958
18 hours ago, pablo said:

It's just really odd. Has anyone ever even considered him having dark skin? I must be missing something obvious here.

Looking for publicity now he’s lost his lucrative contract with the crisps , if he said he used to be ear shamed then I would have believed him seeing he invented the satellite dish before Sky tv

Willie Miller used to get called racist names too. GL better watch his step or he will end up in front of the Polis with Joe Lycett. I like GL, winds up the GBNews wankers.

Placid Casual

Similar situation with a lad I went to school with. He got racial abuse on a regular basis ☹️

Gary Lineker is not perfect (who is) but he is a decent human being. Seems to wind up a certain type of person (arseholes mainly).

Edited by Placid Casual

5 hours ago, westbow said:

Willie Miller used to get called racist names too. GL better watch his step or he will end up in front of the Polis with Joe Lycett. I like GL, winds up the GBNews wankers.

Aye aye.

Placid Casual
11 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Great monologue on Lineker. Sums him up

It’s not a great monologue is it. It’s an embarrassing, nonsense rant from an absolute walloper. No wonder this country is ****ed.

Edited by Placid Casual

8 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

It’s not a great monologue is it. It’s an embarrassing, nonsense rant from an absolute walloper. No wonder this country is ****ed.

Thankfully you set the record straight on that. How could someone post a dullard from GB News and think : nailed it, next question.

23 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He was taking on the tax man due to his creative input on Match of the Day. He is claiming he is self employed rather than employed to save tax. Lorraine Kelly won her case and Linekar thinks he will win his.

Same point, but different scenarios.  Lorraine Kelly claimed she was only pretending to be Lorraine Kelly, when presenting her show.  Lineker was involved in this film production thing.  Both perfectly legal, but both makes them virtual signally hypocrites, and not the only thing in Lineker’s case. 

Placid Casual
14 minutes ago, Kinkster said:

How could someone post a dullard from GB News and think : nailed it, next question.

Yes, it’s a sad state of affairs.

davemclaren
48 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Probably doubled GB news viewers this week

by posting that link. 🤷‍♂️

In my old job at Black Horse Finance an English fella screame down the phone to me "You bloody sweaty socks are all the same. You wouldn't be saying this face to face".

2nd time in my life somone called me a sweaty sock.

I gave him our Edinburgh address, my name and then advised him that now we had repossessed "our" car it would be sold at auction and the proceeds deducted from his outstanding finance.

If there had been no-one else in the office I probably would have touched myself a little. One of my favourite ever repossessions.

Edited by Der Kaiser

maroonsgotop
On 21/06/2022 at 19:24, sassenach said:

Honest truth - when Harry took up with Meghan I didn't notice her race until the media made a big deal of it.  I just thought she was olive-skinned.

same. never gave it a thought until she played the race card

Dick Dastardly
13 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

I've never watched GB news before, and after that rambling, nonsensical drivel i doubt i ever will. What a pile of utter pish

Regal Kingston

Sounds perfectly plausible to me. Britain was incredibly racist in the 70’s and 80’s

People just don’t like him as he’s a lefty remainer. He can be a bit of a hypocrite on some issues but generally his views come from a good place. 

Bindy Badgy
On 21/06/2022 at 20:24, sassenach said:

Honest truth - when Harry took up with Meghan I didn't notice her race until the media made a big deal of it.  I just thought she was olive-skinned.

I was the same. First time I realised she was mixed-race was when there were loads of newspapers articles about her receiving racist abuse.

JudyJudyJudy

I always thought he was quite dark . I assumed he had Italian heritage somewhere . 

Weakened Offender
On 21/06/2022 at 19:56, Turkishcap said:

I was at Leicester game long time ago, we won 2 0 or 2 1.

We got beat 3-2 IIRC. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 22/06/2022 at 19:13, Placid Casual said:

Similar situation with a lad I went to school with. He got racial abuse on a regular basis ☹️

Gary Lineker is not perfect (who is) but he is a decent human being. Seems to wind up a certain type of person (arseholes mainly).

Lineker was caught numerous times out shopping minus a mask during lockdown whilst simultaneously lecturing folks at every opportunity to wear a mask in public. 

That's a tad hypocritical don't you think? 

Back to 2005
24 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Lineker was caught numerous times out shopping minus a mask during lockdown whilst simultaneously lecturing folks at every opportunity to wear a mask in public. 

That's a tad hypocritical don't you think? 

That and the fact that he drives a car that the climate changers would find unacceptable and then lectures is all on climate change…

Lone Striker
On 21/06/2022 at 21:21, Locky said:

I've heard of people who are naturally a little darker skinned than the rest of us getting some unsavoury nicknames, but I'd hardly call it racial abuse FFS.

A white English man claiming he was racially abused by other white English men, is a slap in the face to true victims of racial abuse.

Well said. 

Absurd non-news story.   A media whore giving irrelevant sound bites to the gutter press who'll lap it up and generate headlines.   

Lone Striker
On 23/06/2022 at 13:16, Bindy Badgy said:

I was the same. First time I realised she was mixed-race was when there were loads of newspapers articles about her receiving racist abuse.

Same here.  Some of the media  reminded us  that Jessica Ennis was mixed-race too 10 years ago - totally irrelevant.  

I P Knightley
11 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

That and the fact that he drives a car that the climate changers would find unacceptable and then lectures is all on climate change…

Lineker's only car is an e-Mini.

He's owned footballers' gas guzzlers in the past but, in this regard for sure, his money is where his mouth is.

Pesky, meddling facts!

On 22/06/2022 at 20:34, AlphonseCapone said:

Got called an Arab after a summer holiday once, was fairly chuffed tbh. 

Interesting thread. 

I'm also a "white Scottish" male whose skin can turn deep chestnut brown in sunny weather.

Yip, I can also remember racist comments being directed at me back in the 70s. All in "good humour", but racist nonetheless. 

I imagine that's what GL might have been referring to. 

GL has reached the top of a modern profession and, like many others who've reached the top of socio-cultural "trees", they want to stay at the top. Good luck to them. I'm quite happy foraging on the forest floor. 

McGlynn The Money
On 21/06/2022 at 20:23, Morgan said:

One thing’s for sure - he sometimes wasn’t the natural colour of an English person. He did live in Barcelona for a bit, but I guess he got some assistance from sunbeds.

On 21/06/2022 at 20:47, Heres Rixxy said:

What is the natural colour of an English person?

3 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

Interesting thread. 

I'm also a "white Scottish" male whose skin can turn deep chestnut brown in sunny weather.

Yip, I can also remember racist comments being directed at me back in the 70s. All in "good humour", but racist nonetheless. 

I imagine that's what GL might have been referring to. 

GL has reached the top of a modern profession and, like many others who've reached the top of socio-cultural "trees", they want to stay at the top. Good luck to them. I'm quite happy foraging on the forest floor. 

Ski Nae, perhaps given your experience you might know what Morgan means by the natural colour of an English person?

Does he mean the natural colour of Ian Baird, Darren Beckford, Sean Clare, Alex Cochrane, Wayne Foster, Josh Ginnelly, Uche Ikpeazu or Neil Pointon? To name but a few.

10 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Ski Nae, perhaps given your experience you might know what Morgan means by the natural colour of an English person?

Does he mean the natural colour of Ian Baird, Darren Beckford, Sean Clare, Alex Cochrane, Wayne Foster, Josh Ginnelly, Uche Ikpeazu or Neil Pointon? To name but a few.

A long time ago, when I was teaching English in Japan, there were boxes of coloured pencils that had one colour that was called, "skin colour".

I'm not sure if that particular hue is still referred to as "skin colour". I'd like to think not. 

As you allude to, everyone's colour of skin is skin coloured. It might take another couple of generations for everyone to appreciate this.