NHS

rudi must stay

ArcticJambo

Pretty much first time using the whole shebang (give or take) a few weeks back; from first thing doc appointment to same day emergency at Western, then to ultrasound the next day to discharge with course of treatment, with one week follow-up phone call, and out-patient's appointment in September by letter. Plus Doc writing repeat prescription too.

Amazing really!

Thought it was ****ed! Not my experience. :thumbsup:

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Morgan

• JudyJudyJudy

• Jambo-Jimbo

On 21/06/2022 at 08:33, rudi must stay said:

I'm just here to open people's eyes 

No, you're here to throw shit at something that truly doesn't deserve it. Like others have said, if you have a genuine grievance and can prove malpractice then go to a lawyer. You might not need/want the money but it might get you some closure and make you less bitter. I appreciate you may be having a hard time of things, and the NHS may be to blame, but some of your comments on this thread, and the others you've started on same subject, are absolutely bang out of order. Both my parents worked for the NHS, SNBTS to be exact, and I never, ever heard them saying they are doing anything other than trying to work in a system that is 'broken'. It's a system trying to do something it was never designed to, and made worse by the people that abuse it. 

Just stop it. 

Bindy Badgy
On 21/06/2022 at 12:04, Malinga the Swinga said:

Had good experiences and bad.

I'd imagine this is true for most people. My mum was in and out of hospital over a period of 3-6 months without them finding out what the issue was. Turned out she had cancer. Once they found the issue, she was operated on promptly and efficiently and has since made a full recovery. The amount of time taken to diagnose the underlying problem wasn't great but, the service once they found the problem was fantastic.

Unknown user
On 21/06/2022 at 16:05, EH11_2NL said:

The NHS is a great thing and we are lucky to have it but I sincerely believe that throwing money at it all the time hasn't worked. 

I really don't know what to make of this, in terms of efficiency the NHS is one of the top performing health services in the world.

It isn't up there with the best because it doesn't receive the funding required to make it so.

"Throwing money at it all the time" is a really negatively slanted thing to say - it has to be paid for, but we do anything but throw money at it.

rudi must stay
11 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He's not going to do anything about it because deep down, he knows he's a lazy ******* with a shite diet. 

He's probably been eating crisp sandwiches from the age of 7.

There, i said it. 

I've said what I had to about food. Not had a good meal in 7 years now 

rudi must stay
6 hours ago, trotter said:

No, you're here to throw shit at something that truly doesn't deserve it. Like others have said, if you have a genuine grievance and can prove malpractice then go to a lawyer. You might not need/want the money but it might get you some closure and make you less bitter. I appreciate you may be having a hard time of things, and the NHS may be to blame, but some of your comments on this thread, and the others you've started on same subject, are absolutely bang out of order. Both my parents worked for the NHS, SNBTS to be exact, and I never, ever heard them saying they are doing anything other than trying to work in a system that is 'broken'. It's a system trying to do something it was never designed to, and made worse by the people that abuse it. 

Just stop it. 

Oh it deserves it son it has made my life a misery. Broken system for those with learning difficulties, making them feel irrelevant. This NHS is discriminatory and criminal and corrupt 

rudi must stay
13 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

Unless the x-ray machine fell on you, I genuinely fail to see how it could have crippled you. Infact I would say its impossible.  

It's made my bones weak. Not impossible doctor would told me it would happen after the 2nd one. 

42 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's made my bones weak. Not impossible doctor would told me it would happen after the 2nd one. 

X-ray machines make bones weak?

I've heard it all now.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I've heard it all now.

Aye they do so next time your doctor wants one say no 

14 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He's not going to do anything about it because deep down, he knows he's a lazy ******* with a shite diet. 

He's probably been eating crisp sandwiches from the age of 7.

There, i said it. 

Y"know?

I tend to agree with this post.

Something isn't adding up and I reckon you've maybe hit the nail on the head.

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I had one about six weeks ago.

No problems so far.

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I had one about six weeks ago.

No problems so far.

Must have had low radiation 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I can’t see any mention of ‘bone weakness’ documented anywhere as a possible side effect of X-rays. 🤷‍♂️

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I can’t see any mention of ‘bone weakness’ documented anywhere as a possible side effect of X-rays. 🤷‍♂️

Ah well you know now 

Unknown user

I haven't paid any attention to this guy before, but there's been a couple of blatant troll red flags on this thread alone.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I haven't paid any attention to this guy before, but there's been a couple of blatant troll red flags on this thread alone.

I wish I was trolling anyway only I understand 

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I've said what I had to about food. Not had a good meal in 7 years now 

Kebabish do a blinding curry.

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Oh I'm blinded by the light 

Bindy Badgy
38 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I've heard it all now.

This study found that multiple x-rays had an effect on bone density. It should be noted that the study was performed on 40 rats so it is a long way from saying that the same would be true of humans. I suppose it's possible that it could happen to humans but, doctors aren't stupid and the effects of radiation are well known so I find it hard to believe that someone in this country would be exposed to an x-ray schedule that has the potential to damage health. If it did occur it would be a massive cock-up, the victim would have a strong case for medical malpractice, and the papers would be very interested in the story.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

This study found that multiple x-rays had an effect on bone density. It should be noted that the study was performed on 40 rats so it is a long way from saying that the same would be true of humans. I suppose it's possible that it could happen to humans but, doctors aren't stupid and the effects of radiation are well known so I find it hard to believe that someone in this country would be exposed to an x-ray schedule that has the potential to damage health. If it did occur it would be a massive cock-up, the victim would have a strong case for medical malpractice, and the papers would be very interested in the story.

There is definitely proof of a link to cancer and xrays.  No doubt about,  it hence having an x ray should always be almost a last resort before other options.  

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

So the doctor warned you what could happen prior to your having the 2nd x-ray, is that correct?

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The mixed grill is amazing. 

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

So the doctor warned you what could happen prior to your having the 2nd x-ray, is that correct?

No he didn't 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

No he didn't 

Thanks for clearing that up, you must have mis-wrote when you said "Not impossible doctor would told me it would happen after the 2nd one."

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Thanks for clearing that up, you must have mis-wrote when you said "Not impossible doctor would told me it would happen after the 2nd one."

Aye he said it after I told him I'd had one already 

Edited by rudi must stay

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

How many ****ing x-rays have you had? 

I can't disclose that private 

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, cheetah said:

makes your bones weak :lol: 

X-Rays and Hair Removal | Office for Science and Society - McGill University

Made my boner weak, tbf. 

Thankfully only temporary. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR51UMG7UoAoqDae-9nBsK

Jambo-Jimbo
9 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

How many ****ing x-rays have you had? 

I seem to recall him saying in a previous thread that it was, something like 3 over a 12 or 18 month period.

I could be completely wrong, however there will be a record of exactly what he did say, somewhere on here, it's the beauty and the curse of the internet, once you write something it's there, forever.

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Made my boner weak, tbf. 

Anyway whole thing a France what can I say. Doesn't make the NHS look very good 

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I seem to recall him saying in a previous thread that it was, something like 3 over a 12 or 18 month period.

I could be completely wrong, however there will be a record of exactly what he did say, somewhere on here, it's the beauty and the curse of the internet, once you write something it's there, forever.

Aye that's right 

39 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Made my boner weak, tbf. 

shortened it by some distance too

rudi must stay

Guess where the doctors that crippled a young man with dyspraxia. That's right hell and so are some of you lot 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Made my boner weak, tbf. 

tenor (10).gif

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Nah, I've already had 7 with no ill effects. If I ever need another one I won't hesitate to get one.

Edited by Ray Gin

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Nah, I've already had 7 with no ill effects. If I ever need another one I won't hesitate to get one.

There is a risk but you would need a fair amount of x rays 

Dennis Reynolds

Had to get two on my face getting a wisdom tooth out last year. The only reason I had to get two was as I moved during the first one. Felt like a child. Skull still as strong as the old castle rock though. Also had one on my chest last year due to covid. Maybe I just drink plenty milk.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The mixed grill is amazing. 

You had that delivered? Never tried it.

Captain Lithuania
6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Possibly getting an Indian tonight so a swift answer to this would be appreciated. Maybe we could turn this thread in to something worth discussing?

Better make some decent use of our time before our eternity in Hell. 

davemclaren
27 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

No, ate in a few years ago. It’s massive and very good. 

rudi must stay
35 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Possibly getting an Indian tonight so a swift answer to this would be appreciated. Maybe we could turn this thread in to something worth discussing?

Better make some decent use of our time before our eternity in Hell. 

Pataka nice 

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

That's right hell and so are some of you lot 

It’s quite likely that posts like this on your other threads have put people off trying to help, offer advice and even sympathise with you, Rudi.

When you started your very first thread on this ‘topic’ I seem to recall that, in the main, it was full of posts from decent folk trying their level best to help you.

You eventually went away in a wee huff and then proceeded to start several more of a similar ilk.

The impetus had gone by then.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s quite likely that posts like this on your other threads have put people off trying to help, offer advice and even sympathise with you, Rudi.

When you started your very first thread on this ‘topic’ I seem to recall that, in the main, it was full of posts from decent folk trying their level best to help you.

You eventually went away in a wee huff and then proceeded to start several more of a similar ilk.

If only I could read the room eh then I could be a wonderful chancellor of the Exchequer. It is an important place this not a wee football forum 

rudi must stay
37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Morgan don't worry you can write my autobiography seeing as you enjoy a wee stalk 

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

I've heard it all now.

It certainly is.

• davemclaren locked this topic