• Jambo-Jimbo

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I'm just here to open people's eyes 

Opticians.

What are your thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Opticians.

What are your thoughts?

Hate them, ruined my life. I’ll never dance the same way again thanks to my eye test. 

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Hate them, ruined my life. I’ll never dance the same way again thanks to my eye test. 

I believe me and you could be friends 

13 minutes ago, Dazo said:

:qqb006:

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I believe me and you could be friends 

You and I.

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You and I.

The King and I believe it is with Chow Yung Fat

Edited by rudi must stay

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The King and I believe it is with Chow Yung Fat

chow yun fat was in anna and the king, yul brynner was in the king and i

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ah the Chinaman emoji always makes me smile 

I'm glad something does.  👍

I never fully appreciated NHS when I was younger but we are so lucky to have it and should cherish and guard it.

Mrs had a miscarriage last year. Went for the 12 week scan showed fluid behind the baby's neck which we were told can be a sign of chromosomal abnormalities (downs syndrome and other rare syndromes) We were put in touch with fetal medicine to have further blood tests and a further scan showed that the baby had died. We were both devastated.

We then needed to have an overnight visit to RIE to deliver our dead son. We were given a room and the care we received was incredible. The midwives were really attentive to our situation. Even although we were struggling with the loss they made us feel cared for that really helped us get through it. So much respect for midwives now.

The Mrs is expecting again and our son will be here, all going well, in August. We've had additional tests and scans because of what happened last year and everything looks OK. 

Just need to look at the states to see how much a hospital visit could end up costing you. Absolutely mental. Even if you have insurance you might not be covered for certain things.

It needs to be taught in schools about its importance so that its not taken for granted by future generations. It may not be perfect but where would we be without it?

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I'm glad something does.  👍

Watched a good film last night Wolf. It was about a man who believed he was a wolf 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Watched a good film last night Wolf. It was about a man who believed he was a wolf 

I watched dogma. Nae dogs in it.

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

chow yun fat was in anna and the king, yul brynner was in the king and i

" The king and i" was a musical version of " anna and the king " really.   The Chow yun fat  Anna and the King was a remake of " anna and the king of Siam " with the great Irene Dunne. and Rex Harrison unbelievably as the King of Siam,. :) 

16 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Camels.

The bees knees.

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

" The king and i" was a musical version of " anna and the king " really.   The Chow yun fat  Anna and the King was a remake of " anna and the king of Siam " with the great Irene Dunne. and Rex Harrison unbelievably as the King of Siam,. :) 

Ooooh!

Hark at you.

:wink:

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Ooooh!

Hark at you.

:wink:

Oh i like my old films and loved Irene Dunne...who no one has ever heard of ! :) 

Unknown user
4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

had testicular torsion when I was younger and needed emergency treatment for that

Ooft, me too, I feel your pain. I only have 2 bollocks because of emergency action in the middle of the night

been here before
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Mental no limited mobility yes 

And weak, so very, very weak..

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

And weak, so very, very weak..

Yes mate I am weak I have no strength that's correct. Been the same weight for years something not right but they say they can't do anything and just call me mental. I am sick of it the whole thing is a farce 

been here before
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Yes mate I am weak I have no strength that's correct. Been the same weight for years something not right but they say they can't do anything and just call me mental. I am sick of it the whole thing is a farce 

You should start a thread on here about it.

If you're strong enough.

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, been here before said:

You should start a thread on here about it.

If you're strong enough.

No sympathy eh. You should work for the NHS

been here before
16 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No sympathy eh. You should work for the NHS

No sympathy for you at all. Not one iota. I dont believe a single word you type.

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

No sympathy for you at all. Not one iota. I dont believe a single word you type.

Why? Because you're a doctor?

1 hour ago, Hansel said:

I never fully appreciated NHS when I was younger but we are so lucky to have it and should cherish and guard it.

Mrs had a miscarriage last year. Went for the 12 week scan showed fluid behind the baby's neck which we were told can be a sign of chromosomal abnormalities (downs syndrome and other rare syndromes) We were put in touch with fetal medicine to have further blood tests and a further scan showed that the baby had died. We were both devastated.

We then needed to have an overnight visit to RIE to deliver our dead son. We were given a room and the care we received was incredible. The midwives were really attentive to our situation. Even although we were struggling with the loss they made us feel cared for that really helped us get through it. So much respect for midwives now.

The Mrs is expecting again and our son will be here, all going well, in August. We've had additional tests and scans because of what happened last year and everything looks OK. 

Just need to look at the states to see how much a hospital visit could end up costing you. Absolutely mental. Even if you have insurance you might not be covered for certain things.

It needs to be taught in schools about its importance so that its not taken for granted by future generations. It may not be perfect but where would we be without it?

Heartfelt story mate. My wee granddaughter was born Downs, and she will be 6 next week, and she also has autism. A wonderful loving happy wee soul she is, and the support we have had from the NHS has been exemplary. At the time of her birth we were devastated ( we really had nothing to worry about) and I think this was mainly due to our own ignorance and as it turned out she is the light of our lives. Sorry for rambling on and going of topic, but I would fight to my last breath to keep the NHS and any politician that tries to feck with it should be jailed IMO. Good luck on the arrival of your wee one I wish you and your wife all the best. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Ooft, me too, I feel your pain. I only have 2 bollocks because of emergency action in the middle of the night

Was probably the worst pain I have felt In my life.  My two sons have the NHS to thank for their very existence tbh. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

been here before
18 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Why? Because you're a doctor?

Surely its not just doctors who think you're an attention seeker? Other people in different occupations must as well.

And they all lived happily ever after.

Until the next episode.

2 hours ago, micole said:

Heartfelt story mate. My wee granddaughter was born Downs, and she will be 6 next week, and she also has autism. A wonderful loving happy wee soul she is, and the support we have had from the NHS has been exemplary. At the time of her birth we were devastated ( we really had nothing to worry about) and I think this was mainly due to our own ignorance and as it turned out she is the light of our lives. Sorry for rambling on and going of topic, but I would fight to my last breath to keep the NHS and any politician that tries to feck with it should be jailed IMO. Good luck on the arrival of your wee one I wish you and your wife all the best. 

Thanks mate. 👍 

Yeah, it's amazing how often you see people with Downs and they're living life to the max and loving every minute of it. Then everyone else is miserable.

We were devastated at the thought of having a son with downs, but then when we found out he had died, we would've given anything to  bring him back, and the fact he had downs didn't matter one little bit.

I'm so glad that you're gran daughter is giving you and your family so much joy mate. That's lovely!

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, Hansel said:

Good luck with pregnancy and hope all goes well in August.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good luck with pregnancy and hope all goes well in August.

Thanks mate 👍 

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, been here before said:

Surely its not just doctors who think you're an attention seeker? Other people in different occupations must as well.

No it's just doctors they are so sure of their words and tests everyone else thinks it's disgusting what has happened to me. It is like a Union

Unknown user
5 hours ago, Hansel said:

Similar to my sister in law, a still birth is a terrible thing, strength and best to the 3 of you.

13 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

everyone else thinks it's disgusting what has happened to me. 

No.
People agree with you to shut you up. 

Shanks said no

My daughter is a NHS nurse, saw her on Sunday and never seen her as stressed following a shift. Just completed a night shift. Ward of 22, served by 3 nurses, 9 patients had Covid, 7 patients were on end of life care, one died during shift, single rooms so the 3 of them never stopped getting patients back into beds either because they fell out, climbed our or just decided to go for a wander. Called NHS bank for help, no help available. 

rudi must stay
32 minutes ago, Tazio said:

No.
People agree with you to shut you up. 

Oh look another Doctor 

Should be protected at all costs but used in a more sensible way.

Costing the NHS £10 a box to get a prescription for paracetamol is ridiculous when it costs 20p a box in the shops.

There's a lot that could be done to make it less costly. 

We simply can't and shouldn't risk losing it. 

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Costing the NHS £10 a box to get a prescription for paracetamol is ridiculous when it costs 20p a box in the shops.

It's run its course. Free is the standard of care you receive these days 

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

your point still stands, but that’s usually a box of 100 paracetamol.  Still verges on extortion. Not to mention the GP time wasted to get said paracetamol. 

NHS needs a fit for purpose procurement system. They get tied into  contracts for things you can get in Poundland at 1/10 of the price. Stationary is a prime example.

I can’t fault the NHS for any treatment I’ve received. I think most NHS staff would prefer an increase in staff numbers over any pay rise. 

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

It's run its course. Free is the standard of care you receive these days 

Well they kept my grandfather alive for 20 years longer than he should have been with the leukaemia he had.

My father they treated for cancer successfully.

My mother they treated and saved her from cancer.

They looked after my grandmother brilliantly through her dementia.

They acted quickly when they found a lump on me and cut it out to send away for testing.

Among hundreds of other things I can be thankful for. 

When it comes to blaming the NHS for things. Is it the actual NHS to blame? Was it a problem with the actual system?

Or was it the fault of a few doctors who aren't very good, which can and does happen everywhere?

A long waiting time caused by a self entitled public who think they deserve free treatment for a runny nose?

Jambof3tornado

A broken system due to years of underfunding and cutbacks. Closure of community hospitals resulting in a reduction of bed numbers added to a reduction in social care packages mean so many beds are tied up by bedblockers(those fit for discharge but unable to be discharged due to having nowhere to send them).

Never seen so many stressed nurses on wards being forced by bed managers to discharge patients not fit for discharge just to free up beds.  Never seen so many failed discharges where those sent home return to hospital within days(sometimes within hours) of discharge home.

Jamstomorrow
13 hours ago, Smithee said:

I think I have an issue with my nads at the moment.   One of them seems much bigger than the other two.  ;)

Harry Potter
19 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Anytime I have require treatment I received brilliant care. Had my appendix burst and needed emergency surgery for that, had testicular torsion when I was younger and needed emergency treatment for that. Got my gout in my foot sorted out. 

So aii all good here. 

Was in hospital (western) with the auld appendix, on a drip and a drain to get the infection out, was 16 and had the missfortune of making a mess in the bed, nurses were spot on, great care.

rudi must stay
5 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

A broken system due to years of underfunding and cutbacks. Closure of community hospitals resulting in a reduction of bed numbers added to a reduction in social care packages mean so many beds are tied up by bedblockers(those fit for discharge but unable to be discharged due to having nowhere to send them).

Never seen so many stressed nurses on wards being forced by bed managers to discharge patients not fit for discharge just to free up beds.  Never seen so many failed discharges where those sent home return to hospital within days(sometimes within hours) of discharge home.

Who are they to decide on human life. That's Nazi thinking keep them in sort them, stop with the mental illness bs so doctors can get rich on the pills 

9 hours ago, gjcc said:

your point still stands, but that’s usually a box of 100 paracetamol.  Still verges on extortion. Not to mention the GP time wasted to get said paracetamol. 

NHS needs a fit for purpose procurement system. They get tied into  contracts for things you can get in Poundland at 1/10 of the price. Stationary is a prime example.

I can’t fault the NHS for any treatment I’ve received. I think most NHS staff would prefer an increase in staff numbers over any pay rise. 

NHS National Procurement in Scotland is more than fit for purpose, in fact it's better performing than pretty much any public procurement function in the UK.

Stationery is actually great example, a pen from poundland might a 10th of the price but it only lasts 1/10th of the time, has twice the failure rate and no choking hazard safety hole, not to mention poundland can't deliver at all far less to the 300 NHS sites across the country at specific times so as to not clash with other deliveries and especially not to the western isles, orkney or shetland.

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, Ribble said:

NHS National Procurement in Scotland is more than fit for purpose, in fact it's better performing than pretty much any public procurement function in the UK.

Stationery is actually great example, a pen from poundland might a 10th of the price but it only lasts 1/10th of the time, has twice the failure rate and no choking hazard safety hole, not to mention poundland can't deliver at all far less to the 300 NHS sites across the country at specific times so as to not clash with other deliveries and especially not to the western isles, orkney or shetland.

Aye functioning well that sounds sith or wicker Man phrasing 

rudi must stay
9 hours ago, Bauld said:

Well they kept my grandfather alive for 20 years longer than he should have been with the leukaemia he had.

My father they treated for cancer successfully.

My mother they treated and saved her from cancer.

They looked after my grandmother brilliantly through her dementia.

They acted quickly when they found a lump on me and cut it out to send away for testing.

Among hundreds of other things I can be thankful for. 

When it comes to blaming the NHS for things. Is it the actual NHS to blame? Was it a problem with the actual system?

Or was it the fault of a few doctors who aren't very good, which can and does happen everywhere?

A long waiting time caused by a self entitled public who think they deserve free treatment for a runny nose?

Well they should be good they should give a flying **** about people. It's a tough job till you see a simpleton then you can enjoy yourself as they are weak and open to exposure 

17 hours ago, Smithee said:

How many bollocks did you have before this?

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, superjack said:

How many bollocks did you have before this?

SJ you're sound by me, but it was only 35 years ago, I'm not ready to laugh about it.

SuperstarSteve
13 hours ago, Bauld said:

I agree. I found it mental there was a climate manager job in the NHS. Surely money could be spent elsewhere. This net zero on CO2 is getting ridiculous, NHS should be worrying about a net zero waiting list before climate nonesense. 

• davemclaren locked this topic