The Lost Final

Салатные палочки

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Always thought that Bowman left us too soon as I liked him as a player. Financial necessity though. 

Agreed, he didn't mess around in that midfield, at such a young age to be dropped into the deep water he coped very well for what I remember. 

Screenshot_20220510-152854_YouTube.jpg

IMG-20220418-WA0006.jpg

p46ibk.jpg

pitfka.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-091459_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-091436_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-091419_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-091404_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-091350_Chrome.jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

3 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Missing the point Roxburgh played a system 'without a fixed  big man up top' years before without any negative reaction.

Suggests that outcome outweigh agenda driven analysis or comment

Levein made many mistakes as a national team boss but this tactic being his 'legacy' is nonsensical.

I've listened to many media punters back Craig Leveins decision to play that formation, if Andy Roxburgh dreamed that tactic up then there's an awfy lot of top European teams have a lot to think AR for. 

That tactic CAN and DOES work. 

How's my driving
On 19/06/2022 at 22:39, Marvin said:

I remember the Saudi game because it was played at Tynie. The Saudis looked 30 year old 😂

Was there not a story if how they used their passports to get in to a club in Stirling? 

On 20/06/2022 at 08:54, Salad Fingers said:

:wow:

I was there that night.  Not seen these highlights.  

Whats interesting is that the ref was a total homer!  nonsense indirect free kick given.  Stone wall penalty not given.  disallowed goal. etc

Magic to see 🙂

21 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Missing the point Roxburgh played a system 'without a fixed  big man up top' years before without any negative reaction.

Suggests that outcome outweigh agenda driven analysis or comment

Levein made many mistakes as a national team boss but this tactic being his 'legacy' is nonsensical.

Go on then, what was his legacy as national manager then.

Perth to Paisley

Mixed bag of results that ultimately led to him being replaced.

The 460 game as you call it wasn't the worst result with the best probably being a 1 goal defeat tp World Champions Spain.

Far too much emphasis on the 460 which I am certain you didn't spot at the time. Had the players been able to follow it through - he would have been called a  'visionary' [but they didnt] 

Which brings me back to my original point about Roxburgh playing 460 - only difference was that he won a tournament playing it.

36 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Mixed bag of results that ultimately led to him being replaced.

The 460 game as you call it wasn't the worst result with the best probably being a 1 goal defeat tp World Champions Spain.

Far too much emphasis on the 460 which I am certain you didn't spot at the time. Had the players been able to follow it through - he would have been called a  'visionary' [but they didnt] 

Which brings me back to my original point about Roxburgh playing 460 - only difference was that he won a tournament playing it.

You're not comparing the two systems - Levein's was a defensive formation that sat deep, he admitted it.

Yes he was restricted by having poor players to select from, but Levein was a safety first cautious manager - I would go as far to call him negative, our own Alex Miller.