Craig levein says Lee Johnston is good

Smoked-Glass

Smoked-Glass

Thinks it will strengthen hibs this year.

Anyone hear the podcast?  LJ has dreams and plans about how to run the H1b5.  

It might apply to a well run club that can accommodate an ambitious young manager...but not H1b5.  

I predict he will quickly succome and be dragged down by the badly the Hibernian way.  

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• 4marsbars

• Naisys Tackle

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LJ might be good. But history suggests Hibs and good don't work. 

Also, Levein thought Roger Arnott would make a good job of the academy... pinch of salt eh.

The White Cockade
Just now, jr ewing said:

But is Lee Johnson any good?

Nah he’s pish

Luckily he’s the new Hibs manager and not Lee Johnston 😂

Nookie Bear
34 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

It might apply to a well run club that can accommodate an ambitious young manager...but not H1b5.  

I predict he will quickly succome and be dragged down by the badly the Hibernian way.  

Laughable that Johnson (or Levein) thinks he will have any say whatsoever on how hibs should be run. 

Hibs will play more attacking under Lee, that is fact, whether they can get the likes of Porto behaving himself on the pitch and Nisbet and Melkerson firing remains the question. 

We have nothing to fear I just hope Robbie doesn't sit off them. 

Percival King
24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Craig sometimes gets on my tits.

Usually only when he talks. I'm okay with him the rest of the time.

StevenNaismith

Having spoke to many folk I know within the game about LJ, he’s a very good coach by all accounts and many expect him to be a success but they all have concerns about the structure at Hibs and how he will operate within it. Most of us know the basis of their set up but it’s apparently far more complex than we know. 

millerjames398

Well that'll be that then, no point in tryin to compete with them, now our Craig's gave him his endorsement😂🇱🇻

4 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Usually only when he talks. I'm okay with him the rest of the time.

:D

He can be really arrogant at times.

Edited by ri Alban

Scottish football may suit him.  His career looks inconsistent but he’s not necessarily been at many clubs (Sunderland aside) who were regarded as teams who should be main challengers for promotion in the English Championship.

Time for Neilson to be bringing all the experience he’s gained/gaining and take a step up as a manager himself and dominate the rest outside the OF.  There’s no excuses.  

Mr Levein still resides in a few punters heads I see.

He's entitled to an opinion, personally couldn't care less what it is of course and with his well documented history of making comments, let's say " to incite debate", it's probably not his opinion at all.

AlphonseCapone

Annoys me when folk come out with bullshit statements like, "he's got a plan, a system, style of play, philosophy for the club etc". I mean shouldn't that be a prerequisite. 

36 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Having spoke to many folk I know within the game about LJ, he’s a very good coach by all accounts and many expect him to be a success but they all have concerns about the structure at Hibs and how he will operate within it. Most of us know the basis of their set up but it’s apparently far more complex than we know. 

Complex sounds like a great word for Ron being Vlad 2.0 :D 

I can see him running off back down South at the first chance he gets. 18 months max. 

That will be the same Craig Levein that thought Loic Damour was worth a 4 year highly paid contract.

I think I might just ignore his thoughts on what might make a successful coach.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hibs will play more attacking under Lee, that is fact, whether they can get the likes of Porto behaving himself on the pitch and Nisbet and Melkerson firing remains the question. 

Surely you mean on and off the pitch. 

Almost 40 years of domination. Manager after manager. Token wins for the Hibees. All the big wins for Hearts. That's the record.

Just say he is good. Really good.

It's still the same as giving a really good joiner tools made out of soap.....he'll build you **** all.

Phil D. Corners
26 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Annoys me when folk come out with bullshit statements like, "he's got a plan, a system, style of play, philosophy for the club etc". I mean shouldn't that be a prerequisite. 

I’ve always thought that’s all well and good, to have a style of play, if you can get the players to do it. 

I think that’s what  Stendal struggled with.

Sometime you have to play with the players you’ve got. Which might be tough if your signing don’t deliver. 

3 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Levein thinks he was a good manager.

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

It's a good thing Craig Levein doesn't know what he's talking about then. 

Spot On.

Just now, Der Kaiser said:

Just say he is good. Really good.

It's still the same as giving a really good joiner tools made out of soap.....he'll build you **** all.

Great analogy

TuckerCarlsonsToupee
8 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Once again, astonished by the lack of respect shown towards a Hearts legend who's done so much for the club.

Anything Craig Levein did for this club, as a player or as a manager, he was financially rewarded for.  He has done nothing for Hearts that didn't benefit him.

24 minutes ago, TuckerCarlsonsToupee said:

Anything Craig Levein did for this club, as a player or as a manager, he was financially rewarded for.  He has done nothing for Hearts that didn't benefit him.

Unlike all these other legends we revere who played (or managed) us for no financial reward whatsoever?

Hearts are a professional football club. Your point is utterly meaningless.

Mr Elwood P
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's not even a sentence, never mind a 'fact' ...

Naisys Tackle
46 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Once again, astonished by the lack of respect shown towards a Hearts legend who's done so much for the club.

Spot on.  He gave his career to the club and came back as manager twice.

He even came back again after Heart surgery to help the club out ffs. 

Naisys Tackle
37 minutes ago, TuckerCarlsonsToupee said:

He could have moved as player and manager for a lot more money. 

Levein talking sh1te once again.

Thankfully he's well away from our club and can no longer cause anymore damage.

Maybe Ron the Con will appoint him as H1b5 DoF.  We can only hope.

8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Spot on.  He gave his career to the club and came back as manager twice.

He even came back again after Heart surgery to help the club out ffs. 

He got well paid as player and manager.  He didn't do it for free.   Took every penny he was due right up to the last day of employment as DoF.

Back after heart surgery to help the club out?  Have a word.  And what a great job he did helping us out.  Mrs B should have taken the opportunity to bin him at that moment.  Maybe he was still paying her back?

8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He could have moved as player and manager for a lot more money. 

He couldn't move as a player, as he kept failing medicals.  We'd have loved to sell him & he wanted to progress, but due to his serious injuries, no one wanted him.  Unfortunately, as he was a terrific player.

First club that came in for him when he was our manager, he bolted.  Right in the middle of of our Euro campaign.  So he did move without a second thought.

Ex member of the SaS

Even if Levein said something nice about me I wouldn't believe him. Personally think the guy is a clown.

Craig Levein ‘does’ arrogant very well.

He spoilt my wifes’ 30th birthday party with his arrogance.

So, don’t worry, Hibs will still be pish under wee Lee.  👍

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

What Levein did he did for Levein. All he ever thought about was lining his own nest. No matter how good a player he was he bottled out of the most important game and pissed off ( some claiming due to being found out in an affair ) then he nearly ruined our club with his interfering and tinkering. Never felt better than the day he left.

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, Yoda said:

He got well paid as player and manager.  He didn't do it for free.   Took every penny he was due right up to the last day of employment as DoF.

Back after heart surgery to help the club out?  Have a word.  And what a great job he did helping us out.  Mrs B should have taken the opportunity to bin him at that moment.  Maybe he was still paying her back?

He couldn't move as a player, as he kept failing medicals.  We'd have loved to sell him & he wanted to progress, but due to his serious injuries, no one wanted him.  Unfortunately, as he was a terrific player.

First club that came in for him when he was our manager, he bolted.  Right in the middle of of our Euro campaign.  So he did move without a second thought.

Who did we accept a bid from that he failed a medical with?

No, that's untrue.  He was loyal to the pieman.  As soon as Romanov took over he wanted out.  Leaving in a position of strength also. 

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Who did we accept a bid from that he failed a medical with?

No, that's untrue.  He was loyal to the pieman.  As soon as Romanov took over he wanted out.  Leaving in a position of strength also. 

Hey, I'm not knocking Levein the player, he was excellent and barring injuries would have played for one of the top English Teams.  He apparently failed medicals for both Rangers and Spurs. IIRC.

His time as Manager (2nd time round) and DoF were utter disasters and we're only now getting clear of his mistakes (Damur 4 year contract ending).

Lone Striker
5 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Yep... me too.    So, the manager that just got sacked claimed he had a plan/system/style/philosophy........ but the new guy has a better one   ?     Christ, managers love to over-complicate things.    Does any manager have a "philosophy" other than  trying to score more goals than you let in ?

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Yoda said:

Hey, I'm not knocking Levein the player, he was excellent and barring injuries would have played for one of the top English Teams.  He apparently failed medicals for both Rangers and Spurs. IIRC.

His time as Manager (2nd time round) and DoF were utter disasters and we're only now getting clear of his mistakes (Damur 4 year contract ending).

I was told he turned down Rangers.

Second time around wasn't great no.  But I won't use that to hold it against a guy that gave a great part of his life contributing to our football club.  He supports HMFC and done his best.  

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

He also thought Cathro would be a good manager and Daly was lined up for our gig too

Exactly!