Hearts in the NFT space

Masonic

For years we have seen autographs, stickers and collectable cards too but what if Hearts minted their own version of these by using the Solana blockchain to mint NFTs?

Money goes directly to Hearts

Proof of authenticity and ownership stored on the blockchain

LIMITED SUPPLY in which the buyers know how rare their item is such as 1 of 10 etc

No damage can be done to the items as they are digital and dont suffer the normal wear and tear and wont be effected by printers making mistakes

This is just some of the benefits i can see from the club doing this..

Some other businesses involved in the NFT space

UFC ARMANI ADIDAS D&G SUPERBOWL COACHELLA TACO BELL PIZZA HUT MATTEL RAYBAN COCA COLA FUNKOPOP VISA

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tian447

• Unknown user

• Sooks

• Bungalow Bill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It might be the future however i would be very careful given the embarrassment Hibs and Rangers have wen through recently.

NFTs are a ****ing scam, designed to exploit people who don't fully understand what is going on.  You don't own anything, you don't get anything, and the value is only worth as much as it can be hyped up. Same with the vast majority of crypto, which is a pump-and-dump scheme designed to leave normal people holding the bag whilst others make their money and **** off.  

Look at the state of Luna, which imploded spectacularly leaving people with something which is literally worthless.  Bitcoin is in the middle of a downward collapse, and just about every other crypto is on a red line race downwards. 

I will be very, very disappointed if Hearts ever go down this route. It is dishonest, and it is worthless. 

davemclaren
Just now, tian447 said:

NFTs are a ****ing scam, designed to exploit people who don't fully understand what is going on.  You don't own anything, you don't get anything, and the value is only worth as much as it can be hyped up. Same with the vast majority of crypto, which is a pump-and-dump scheme designed to leave normal people holding the bag whilst others make their money and **** off.  

Look at the state of Luna, which imploded spectacularly leaving people with something which is literally worthless.  Bitcoin is in the middle of a downward collapse, and just about every other crypto is on a red line race downwards. 

I will be very, very disappointed if Hearts ever go down this route. It is dishonest, and it is worthless. 

Didn’t Hibs do something with NFTs?

jamboinglasgow
Just now, tian447 said:

Saved me typing it.

I am glad Hearts haven't gone near crypto or nft. If they did they would be going against the clubs current ethos.

Just now, davemclaren said:

Didn’t Hibs do something with NFTs?

And the company that done them disappeared and rebranded in suspicious circumstances, and dumped their own token in favour of exchanging it for something else.  Once enough people bought into it, and gave it some worth, it was dropped as soon as they can. 

I doubt anyone put any huge amounts of money into it, and I really hope they didn't, even if it was Rangers and Hibs fans. The sort of people who can't afford to lose money are the exact people exploited by this, or people buying them as gifts for family members. 

I hate NFTs with a passion. 

9 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Adding value to the conversation right here. 

More value than any NFT has.

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

I don't really trust it either. It seems overhyped by 20 something year old Americans on a get rich quick scheme. 

The value seems to be in hype by prominent people taking advantage of their popularity. Social media does seem to be integrating it though, Twitter for example you can use your NFT as a profile photo and it displays all the info proving it is your NFT. 

Personally have zero interest in them, quite sick of hearing about them. I also think following Hibs cock up with the coins, it probably has a similarly unethical stink. Beyond that, unlike the coins where you have quantity so fans could buy lots of them and raise lots of (real) money, the scarcity I think is what drives the NFTs. I'd be quite uncomfortable with the idea of Hearts charging say, £1000.00 for a unique version of the club crest or something. I could actually see this working for a larger club where the fan base might view having one of these as really prestigious (e.g. City, Utd, or Real). I don't think here it would make the club any real money and might attract negativity as a cynical cash grab. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Hopefully the benefit of having James Anderson on the board is that these

proposals get kicked into touch pretty quickly.

Bungalow Bill
6 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

You do know James Anderson oversaw a £72 million investment into crypto? 

AlphonseCapone
17 minutes ago, Cade said:

NFT is a bollocks scam aimed at simpletons.

Pretty much my response. 

AlphonseCapone
Just now, Apache Mal said:

You do know James Anderson oversaw a £72 million investment into crypto? 

Crypto currency, not NFTs though aye? 

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Crypto currency, not NFTs though aye? 

Yeah. It’s the same space though no?

I know very little about NFT by the way. I just don’t think these things are quickly kicked into touch. 

Edited by Apache Mal

10 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Who knows if that sort of stuff already has, Rangers and Hibs were both taken in by that shyster company. Wouldn't surprise me if we were approached too but declined. Considering Andersons knowledge in that field, I wouldn't be shocked if he had input into that decision. 

38 minutes ago, Masonic said:

For years we have seen autographs, stickers and collectable cards too but what if Hearts minted their own version of these by using the Solana blockchain to mint NFTs?

Money goes directly to Hearts

Proof of authenticity and ownership stored on the blockchain

LIMITED SUPPLY in which the buyers know how rare their item is such as 1 of 10 etc

No damage can be done to the items as they are digital and dont suffer the normal wear and tear and wont be effected by printers making mistakes

This is just some of the benefits i can see from the club doing this..

Some other businesses involved in the NFT space

UFC ARMANI ADIDAS D&G SUPERBOWL COACHELLA TACO BELL PIZZA HUT MATTEL RAYBAN COCA COLA FUNKOPOP VISA

Pyramid selling for the 21st century. Load of shite IMO of course

AlphonseCapone
Just now, Apache Mal said:

Yeah. It’s the same space though no?

Technology behind it is similar, block chains but I think that's a red herring comparison. For example, some businesses will accept bitcoin as payment. Some lucky people in early doors made good money out of crypto and rich folk can still make money because the value is so volatile (if you can afford to buy when it drops to thousands and wait to sell when it goes up). 

All I've heard about NFTs have centred mostly around scams and there doesn't seem to be a tradeable market like crypto. Quite a few sports clubs and celebrities have been burnt with it. 

For the record, I've never bought crypto or NFTs so I'm no expert. 

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Technology behind it is similar, block chains but I think that's a red herring comparison. For example, some businesses will accept bitcoin as payment. Some lucky people in early doors made good money out of crypto and rich folk can still make money because the value is so volatile (if you can afford to buy when it drops to thousands and wait to sell when it goes up). 

All I've heard about NFTs have centred mostly around scams and there doesn't seem to be a tradeable market like crypto. Quite a few sports clubs and celebrities have been burnt with it. 

For the record, I've never bought crypto or NFTs so I'm no expert. 

I invested £100 in Ether and have no clue how it works. 

Nookie Bear
46 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Adding value to the conversation right here. 

He was just saying what everyone else was thinking. 

Bungalow Bill
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He was just saying what everyone else was thinking. 

Everyone? Ok then. 

Mods-Can the thread be closed please, no discussion to be had as ‘everyone’ is in agreement. 

A_A wehatethehibs
33 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

I invested £100 in Ether and have no clue how it works. 

Congratulations you turned £100 into £30

Bungalow Bill
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Congratulations you turned £100 into £30

I doubled my money in 2 weeks and

took my original £100 out. The £100 is now worth £240 and has been as high as £1,000. I have absolutely no exit plan which is the problem. 

19 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Everyone? Ok then. 

Mods-Can the thread be closed please, no discussion to be had as ‘everyone’ is in agreement. 

What exactly have you contributed to it? No opposing view, no defence of NFTs or Crypto? Or are you in agreement as well?

Do you want the club to start fleecing the fans with a cash grab that will fluctuate in value on a whim until it becomes worthless? 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

I doubled my money in 2 weeks and

took my original £100 out. The £100 is now worth £240 and has been as high as £1,000. I have absolutely no exit plan which is the problem. 

You got lucky the next fool came along. That’s why it’s a ponzi scene. It’s dropped 70% this year - we’re all out of fools. Everyone has realised it’s worthless. 

Famous 1874

There are some quite decent NFT projects, but in this climate I wouldn’t bother. Wait until it’s properly established before doing anything. 

Don’t want a Hibs / Rangers scandal.

Btw, we are already involved in an NFT setup for all people who are raging. Every team bar Rangers agreed to it. 

Bungalow Bill
7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

What exactly have you contributed to it? No opposing view, no defence of NFTs or Crypto? Or are you in agreement as well?

Do you want the club to start fleecing the fans with a cash grab that will fluctuate in value on a whim until it becomes worthless? 

My contribution was I know nothing about it. 

Regardless of the topic I’m against sweeping statements e.g. everyone was thinking.. and comments like ‘lot of pish’. That alright pal?

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

"Solana block chain"?

I'd give it a miss.

11 billion market cap worth about 3 x more than man utd for some scale

does 20m transactions a day 15x more than any other crypto

Francis Albert
42 minutes ago, Masonic said:

11 billion market cap worth about 3 x more than man utd for some scale

does 20m transactions a day 15x more than any other crypto

Can I assume you have bought some of these things and you have an interest in increasing demand and driving up the price?

Honestly don't get how all this shite works and have little interest in ever finding out. Would rather we stay focused on other things.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Locky said:

Honestly don't get how all this shite works and have little interest in ever finding out. Would rather we stay focused on other things.

With NFTs, it's recorded in a ledger that you are the owner of an NFT. You might get an email confirmation or something but that's it, you just spent 1500 quid and got a line in an online ledger.

2 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

My contribution was I know nothing about it. 

Regardless of the topic I’m against sweeping statements e.g. everyone was thinking.. and comments like ‘lot of pish’. That alright pal?

You know nothing about it, yet backed it with £100?  That's like walking into a bookies and firing £100 on a random numbered horse in the next race without even looking.

Regardless of how you feel about sweeping statements, the fact is, NFTs are a complete scam that people who are too deep into the cryptohole have fallen for, and they are now doing their absolute best to get other people invested into it so they haven't just thrown it all away.  The sort of people who are going to buy into it will be the easily persuaded sort who can be strong-armed into throwing a little bit of money at something with promises of good returns, when actually, NFTs have absolutely no physical value whatsoever.

You could easily do a little bit of digging, and find that the overwhelming majority of people feel this way about it.

That alright pal?

Bungalow Bill
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

You know nothing about it, yet backed it with £100?  That's like walking into a bookies and firing £100 on a random numbered horse in the next race without even looking.

Regardless of how you feel about sweeping statements, the fact is, NFTs are a complete scam that people who are too deep into the cryptohole have fallen for, and they are now doing their absolute best to get other people invested into it so they haven't just thrown it all away.  The sort of people who are going to buy into it will be the easily persuaded sort who can be strong-armed into throwing a little bit of money at something with promises of good returns, when actually, NFTs have absolutely no physical value whatsoever.

You could easily do a little bit of digging, and find that the overwhelming majority of people feel this way about it.

That alright pal?

What I do with a £100 is up to me and me alone. 

I never professed to knowing anything about it. I was merely reading a thread on it, commented on what I thought was a worthless contribution and you got your knickers in a twist.

Magic you finished with a sweeping statement though, beautiful. 

57 minutes ago, Smithee said:

With NFTs, it's recorded in a ledger that you are the owner of an NFT. You might get an email confirmation or something but that's it, you just spent 1500 quid and got a line in an online ledger.

Honestly ****ing mental.

Anyway, can't wait to get my Robbo NFT.