Torn Hamstring

Bauld

I'd forgotten how much it hurts and how much it ****s you up.

Holy shit I'm lying in bed demanding someone just cut the leg off.

Not good 😔 . How did you manage it?

I've had more injuries than I care to remember but last muscle tear was my quad. Couldn't climb the stairs for a while so first 2 weeks had to sleep on the sofa...

56 minutes ago, RS86 said:

I've had more injuries than I care to remember but last muscle tear was my quad. Couldn't climb the stairs for a while so first 2 weeks had to sleep on the sofa...

Done it sprinting. Felt good. Not struggling. All of a sudden *pop* instantly pulled up.

Still had some rhino tranq left from when I hurt the disk in my lower back.

So I'm lying on my bed with it raised and an ice pack on it every couple of hours.

Edited by Bauld

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Done it sprinting. Felt good. Not struggling. All of a sudden *pop* instantly pulled up.

Still had some rhino tranq left from when I hurt the disk in my lower back.

So I'm lying on my bed with it raised and an ice pack on it every couple of hours.

Ouch. Can be a bloody sore one. Hopefully it's in the belly of the muscle rather than tendon.

A lad I train with (I say lad, he is 54 lol) tore his badly whilst on holiday, trying to run across platforms layed over a swimming pool. He slipped and it pinged. He's since made a full recovery and went on to hit a British record squat for his age and weight group earlier this year!

Jambo-Jimbo

I still have the odd problem now and again especially when it's cold, with my left hamstring.

I never suffered a full tear, but had lots of little 'strains' as they were put down as at the time, turned out they were little tears along the hamstring.

Bungalow Bill

Have had two grade 1 hamstring tears (strains), the last being about 12 years ago. Both times it was like I’d been shot. Couldn’t drive the car back from fives, couldn’t even take my boots off. Horrendous. 

Couldn’t imagine a grade 3. 

Edited by Apache Mal

2 hours ago, RS86 said:

Ouch. Can be a bloody sore one. Hopefully it's in the belly of the muscle rather than tendon.

A lad I train with (I say lad, he is 54 lol) tore his badly whilst on holiday, trying to run across platforms layed over a swimming pool. He slipped and it pinged. He's since made a full recovery and went on to hit a British record squat for his age and weight group earlier this year!

Mines tightened just thinking about that injury 😭

6 hours ago, Bauld said:

I'd forgotten how much it hurts and how much it ****s you up.

Holy shit I'm lying in bed demanding someone just cut the leg off.

I tore my adductor and hamstring in December. My leg was purple from arse to calf. I still have problems with it now. Nothing extreme, but sometimes it feels like it's gonnae go again. It cost me a fortune.

5 hours ago, RS86 said:

I couldn't climb a roof. It was one leg at a time. I tore my leg to feck because of scaffolding being too low.

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I tore my adductor and hamstring in December. My leg was purple from arse to calf. I still have problems with it now. Nothing extreme, but sometimes it feels like it's gonnae go again. It cost me a fortune.

My mate did his adductor and it took him months to rehab that. Very awkward injury to get over.

Thinking about it I've noticed a lot of my mates have had a catalogue of injuries, not just me haha.

11 minutes ago, RS86 said:

My mate did his adductor and it took him months to rehab that. Very awkward injury to get over.

Thinking about it I've noticed a lot of my mates have had a catalogue of injuries, not just me haha.

Sore as feck and I still feel it niggling, when I put my full weight on it , depending how I move. I need to be careful, even now. If it goes, with the cost of living, I could be fecked .

I tore my hamstring when I was 16/17. Was agony and distinctly remember it being a nightmare going for a sh1t.

When I tore it (I recommend you start playing the video below for added gravitas) I had just made the Lothian Boys Club football team and had an upcoming match against Strathclyde to be selected for the Scotland Boys Club team. However despite extensive physio and heat treatment and a garish pair of cycling shorts to help the muscle,  I couldn't play to my full potential in the match and didn't make the cut.

I often think about what might have been; picked up by scouts and a successful and lucrative playing career, now enjoying the fruits of my labour in early retirement,  or part ownership of a pub licence.

Anyway, yeah, it's a horrible injury and I hope your recovery is swift.

Diadora Van Basten

I remember everyone giving Larry Kingston grief for going off with a torn hamstring after we had no subs. I have tried to play on with a torn hamstring and it’s impossible.