The Hearts transfers you may have forgotten

bmeikle

Naisys Tackle
On 17/06/2022 at 14:24, iantjambo said:

Correct. I was at that game.

Marc Fitzpatrick, scored a last minute, injury time winner for Motherwell.

I remember going home, fuming.

Ignore my post :lol: 

45 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Didn't he score in a league cup loss at Easter Road against Motherwell? 

He did. Was at that game but can’t remember much about it other than getting involved in a fight with Hibs casuals at the omni centre. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He did. Was at that game but can’t remember much about it other than getting involved in a fight with Hibs casuals at the omni centre. 

That's good enough for me.  :lol: 

I actually thought he was going to be really decent.  Shows what I know. 

On 18/06/2022 at 11:12, DS98 said:

I remember it like it was yesterday. 2-0 down to 2-2.

The main reason we lost the 3rd goal is that we won a throw-in with about a minute left. Robbie Neilson ran the entire length of the pitch and to the opposite side to take a long throw. They clear it and Fitzpatrick runs into the space where Neilson should have been and slots it home. Was absolutely raging.

Probably only just forgiven Robbie now. Maybe.

Was that not the game McAllister had a nightmare for the winning Motherwell goal.

14 hours ago, benny said:

Was that not the game McAllister had a nightmare for the winning Motherwell goal.

Could have have been actually. Just watched it on YouTube and Robbie was the last defender. He still gave the guy acres of space so my 17 year grudge still stands.

Unknown user
17 hours ago, JTJ said:

I think you are being a little unfair.  The "Ooh aah Cantona" chant was revised to "Ooh aah Van de Ven" for Peter. Fans don't tend to sing about "forgotten" players.  

Van de Ven switched to sweeper for us after playing midfield for Aberdeen and was quite good for a season. No Craig Levein but very solid - plus man of the match in Liege against Standard. I expect few people on here were at that game

Ooh aah Sandy Clarke

Percival King

I'm struggling to remember transfers that I'd forgotten. Is it me? That's probably a dangerous question to ask on here.

Unknown user

Stephane Paille, handful of French caps, former French player of the year but tested positive for cannabis and fell from grace. 

Came to us where, TBQH, he was ok, then tested positive for something else and we released him.

Fairly high profile but I wouldn't be surprised if some had forgotten about him. He died a few years ago unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Stephane Paille, handful of French caps, former French player of the year but tested positive for cannabis and fell from grace. 

Came to us where, TBQH, he was ok, then tested positive for something else and we released him.

Fairly high profile but I wouldn't be surprised if some had forgotten about him. He died a few years ago unfortunately.

was Adam's brother-in-law I seem to remember, and he played a part in getting him over here. think it was coke he tested positive for

Surprised Arturas Rimkevicius never made the list :whistling:

The original Zap Knight, transfer threads were amazing back in those days. Think he must have signed for us about 7 times according to them....

Spoiler

I've also just found out what happened to him, so apologies if anyone finds the joke in bad taste. 

Edited by tian447

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 hours ago, Gav M said:

was Adam's brother-in-law I seem to remember, and he played a part in getting him over here. think it was coke he tested positive for

No, that was Fabian Leclerq.

Last seen after being given a man-marking job on Latapy by JJ at a disaster of a derby at Fester Road in 2000. We lost 3-1 after Darren Jackson put us ahead with a screamer.

34 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No, that was Fabian Leclerq.

Last seen after being given a man-marking job on Latapy by JJ at a disaster of a derby at Fester Road in 2000. We lost 3-1 after Darren Jackson put us ahead with a screamer.

ah, that was the one, cheers

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Surprised Arturas Rimkevicius never made the list :whistling:

The original Zap Knight, transfer threads were amazing back in those days. Think he must have signed for us about 7 times according to them....

Reveal hidden contents

I've also just found out what happened to him, so apologies if anyone finds the joke in bad taste. 

I am genuinely intrigued.... what happened to that guy?

On 17/06/2022 at 19:15, The White Cockade said:

Crawford Boyd, Brian Mcneil, Gregor Stevens and Gordan Petric

all absolutely terrible

Jim Denny?

16 hours ago, Gav M said:

Was that not fabian leclerk

The OF have had multiple failures that individually cost them more than that entire list combined...Is it just that they generated lots of articles in the MSM which makes us tops for unheralded players. Does this article now remove these names from that list?

Edited by Spellczech

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Jim Denny?

Absolutely!

Archie Whyte, Paddy McShane, Derek Strickland and others 

Colonel Kurtz
On 18/06/2022 at 11:12, DS98 said:

I remember it like it was yesterday. 2-0 down to 2-2.

The main reason we lost the 3rd goal is that we won a throw-in with about a minute left. Robbie Neilson ran the entire length of the pitch and to the opposite side to take a long throw. They clear it and Fitzpatrick runs into the space where Neilson should have been and slots it home. Was absolutely raging.

Probably only just forgiven Robbie now. Maybe.

mcallister losing possession cost us the goal

Colonel Kurtz
52 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Still can't believe we signed petric after we knew he was pish. 

petrics nickname in greece before we signed him was THE Snail

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

petrics nickname in greece before we signed him was THE Snail

Rob McLean...it was sluggish stuff from petric.