The Hearts transfers you may have forgotten

bmeikle

Nookie Bear

That first line: "Of all the big clubs in Scotland, Hearts have probably had the most forgettable transfers."

I would dispute that.

Anyway, 5 of the list were keepers, none of whom were really brought in to be first choice players.

Also:

Kancelskis was decent.
Petras also decent.

Cammazola decent.

McAnespie decent.

So...9 players who were bad signings.

I remember being at a midweek game against Livi and that Thorarinsson boy played (might have been off the bench). Never heard a thing about him after that.

millerjames398
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I remember being at a midweek game against Livi and that Thorarinsson boy played (might have been off the bench). Never heard a thing about him after that.

In sure thor grabbed our last minute equaliser, in the lge cup semi v Motherwell at easter rd yrs ago...we still ****ed it up😖😂🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

31 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

In sure thor grabbed our last minute equaliser, in the lge cup semi v Motherwell at easter rd yrs ago...we still ****ed it up😖😂🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Correct. I was at that game.

Marc Fitzpatrick, scored a last minute, injury time winner for Motherwell.

I remember going home, fuming.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

That first line: "Of all the big clubs in Scotland, Hearts have probably had the most forgettable transfers."

I would dispute that.

Anyway, 5 of the list were keepers, none of whom were really brought in to be first choice players.

Also:

Kancelskis was decent.
Petras also decent.

Cammazola decent.

McAnespie decent.

I remember McAnespie being awful. I agree that the other 3 were decent though.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I remember McAnespie being awful. I agree that the other 3 were decent though.

What is weird about including him is that he joined in 2001, years before the rest of that list.

Seems very random.

Also a bit harsh to include Thorarinsson. I doubt we are the first club to buy a young player for it not to work out.

Malinga the Swinga

Absolute disgrace of an article. There have been garbage signings galore by Celtic, Rangers and every Scottish club but Hearts nowhere near the worst.

millerjames398
10 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Same here, 2 down and managed to get back in the game..only to balls it up,,a novelty watchin a game in the vermins enclosure, lost my shit when thor equalised, and landed next to the linesman, some scramble to get back in our end, before I got my collar felt😂🇱🇻

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I would dispute that.

Also:

Kancelskis was decent.
Petras also decent.

Cammazola decent.

McAnespie decent.

It's nothing to do with being bad or good, it doesn't say that anywhere. It's signings that people may have forgotten happend, for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Absolute disgrace of an article. There have been garbage signings galore by Celtic, Rangers and every Scottish club but Hearts nowhere near the worst.

1. Celtic and Rangers were done too - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/18-rangers-transfers-you-probably-24238538 https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/18-celtic-transfers-you-probably-24231264

2. It's not about bad signings, it's about ones people may have forgotten happened (as it says)

Edited by bmeikle

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

It's nothing to do with being bad or good, it doesn't say that anywhere. It's signings that people may have forgotten happend, for whatever reason.

True. I'll put away the pitchfork 👍

1 hour ago, bmeikle said:

1. Celtic and Rangers were done too - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/18-rangers-transfers-you-probably-24238538 https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/18-celtic-transfers-you-probably-24231264

2. It's not about bad signings, it's about ones people may have forgotten happened (as it says)

It isn’t just about bad signings, but it mainly is, and it starts off appallingly with the faceless foreigner nonsense, the dreadful line used by bigoted Keith Jackson.  

The White Cockade

Crawford Boyd, Brian Mcneil, Gregor Stevens and Gordan Petric

all absolutely terrible

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, Paolo said:

It isn’t just about bad signings, but it mainly is, and it starts off appallingly with the faceless foreigner nonsense, the dreadful line used by bigoted Keith Jackson.  

This. 

A pointless article considering both the Ugly Sisters have squandered millions of cash on - could start with Daniel Prodan who possibly cost them more in the long run than that whole list of Hearts poor signings and never played one game 🙄 

49 minutes ago, rory78 said:

A pointless article considering both the Ugly Sisters have squandered millions of cash on - could start with Daniel Prodan who possibly cost them more in the long run than that whole list of Hearts poor signings and never played one game 🙄 

How many times man, it's not criticism over poor signings, I don't know where folk are getting that from. It's just a bit of fun looking at players that people have possibly forgotten about over time. 

It's written by a Hearts fans FFS!

Not a transfer that happened, but very nearly under Locke IIRC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artūras_Rimkevičius

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-trialist-arturas-rimkevicius-seeks-romanov-talks-future-1594412

Lad had a good goal scoring record in the Lithuanian league but we couldn't sign him because of the embargo. Think this was the time that nonsense about one in, one out/Enklemann thing. 

Poor guy killed himself in 2019. :(

Nookie Bear
34 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

How many times man, it's not criticism over poor signings, I don't know where folk are getting that from. It's just a bit of fun looking at players that people have possibly forgotten about over time. 

It's written by a Hearts fans FFS!

A Blaire Meikle, no less 🤔

12 hours ago, iantjambo said:

No recollection whatsoever, of Razulis or Lekevicius 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Me neither and my football manager obsession usually means I'm familiar with even the most obscure of our recruitment. 

Razulis is a weird one. Prolific at a few clubs but then hardly played at others. Strange career

Nookie Bear
39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sammy Cammazola shouldn’t be anywhere near that list. An excellent wee player

And certainly not a forgotten one 

Edited by Nookie Bear

One for us Golden Oldies - Jim Fotheringham. A centre half bought for a substantial fee from Arsenal in 1959.  He lasted about six months and played next to no games and was sold on to a lower league club in England. He was a poor signing by Tommy Walker

Bazzas right boot
On 17/06/2022 at 10:56, Nookie Bear said:

I would dispute that.

Also:

Kancelskis was decent.
Petras also decent.

Cammazola decent.

McAnespie decent.

The 4 were pretty shite. 

At best, average. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

tenor.gif

MOM at Celtic Park October 2005. 

20 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I remember it like it was yesterday. 2-0 down to 2-2.

The main reason we lost the 3rd goal is that we won a throw-in with about a minute left. Robbie Neilson ran the entire length of the pitch and to the opposite side to take a long throw. They clear it and Fitzpatrick runs into the space where Neilson should have been and slots it home. Was absolutely raging.

Probably only just forgiven Robbie now. Maybe.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

No-one said he was a bad player. He only played for the club 8 times, so people may have forgotten him.

21 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ian Gordon’s putting together a pretty compelling body of work with hibs at the moment - their shan signing articles have technically been dropping for months.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

No-one said he was a bad player. He only played for the club 8 times, so people may have forgotten him.

He was bang average. 

If his name was Dave Smith and he was signed from the Lower leagues no one would remember him. 

Folk remember him because iirc he was our first ever Brazalian player and has a cool name. 

If he was, as some have suggested a brilliant wee player then guys like Halliday and Lee were / are superstars. 

Nostalgia really does cloud folks judgement imo. 

Anyway, other clubs have signed just as much shite. 

davemclaren
16 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

all absolutely terrible

Ray Dunlop. 😏

17 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

all absolutely terrible

I still wince when I think about how much we spent on Petric.

1 hour ago, bmeikle said:

Yep. What's the issue?

Blair, I respect what you do and I get it might be frustrating if you feel people misinterpret your work, but its not a good look coming on here and borderline arguing with people who don't like what you wrote. I enjoyed it for what its worth.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He was bang average. 

If his name was Dave Smith and he was signed from the Lower leagues no one would remember him. 

Folk remember him because iirc he was our first ever Brazalian player and has a cool name. 

If he was, as some have suggested a brilliant wee player then guys like Halliday and Lee were / are superstars. 

Nostalgia really does cloud folks judgement imo. 

Anyway, other clubs have signed just as much shite. 

So shouldn’t be on the list. 

Outrage!

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Derek homles

We didn’t sign him, he came through the ranks. 

WHY CAN NOBODY UNDERSTAND THIS?!! 😏

(By the way, the Celtic and rangers lists are much more interesting. Genuinely had no idea about most of them)

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So shouldn’t be on the list. 

Outrage!

Bit Harsh on him. 

But he was bang average. 

JamboAndrew

Peter Van De Ven, early 90s. Cost us a bit of money from Aberdeen I think. Doubt many folk will have a shirt with his name on.

Give it another decade and I'm sure there'll be more to add from the last five years or so such as Choulay, Amankwaa, Langer, Advijaj, Grzelak etc.

tartofmidlothian

Hearts pub quiz question:

Of the supposed 'faceless cast of thousands' Romanov signed, there really were two future World Cup players. Who were they?

Hannibal Lecter
4 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Hearts pub quiz question:

Of the supposed 'faceless cast of thousands' Romanov signed, there really were two future World Cup players. Who were they?

There are actually 3 I can think of Rais M'Bolhi (Algeria), Martin Petras (Slovakia) and Ryan McGowan (Australia).

tartofmidlothian
4 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecter said:

There are actually 3 I can think of Rais M'Bolhi (Algeria), Martin Petras (Slovakia) and Ryan McGowan (Australia).

Correct - it was the first two I was thinking of, from that January window.

M'Bolhi's had a good career, I wonder what he would have been like for us if CG hadn't been in his way?

2 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Peter Van De Ven, early 90s. Cost us a bit of money from Aberdeen I think. Doubt many folk will have a shirt with his name on.

I think you are being a little unfair.  The "Ooh aah Cantona" chant was revised to "Ooh aah Van de Ven" for Peter. Fans don't tend to sing about "forgotten" players.  

Van de Ven switched to sweeper for us after playing midfield for Aberdeen and was quite good for a season. No Craig Levein but very solid - plus man of the match in Liege against Standard. I expect few people on here were at that game

Naisys Tackle
On 17/06/2022 at 13:34, GinRummy said:

Didn't he score in a league cup loss at Easter Road against Motherwell?