ri Alban

Tomorrow marks the 80th Birthday of one of the world's greatest composers. The Great Paul McCartney. 

Yes I know it's tomorrow, but I think this man should have a long weekend dedicated to him. A living legend and improved the life of so many across the world. 🥳. 

Happy Birthday when it comes, big man. 

Here's a tune you might know. :flagwave:

Edited by ri Alban

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Tomorrow marks the 80th Birthday of one of the world's greatest composers. The Great Paul McCartney. 

Yes I know it's tomorrow, but I think this man should have a long weekend dedicated to him. A living legend and improved the life of so many across the world. 🥳. 

Happy Birthday when it comes, big man. 

Here's a tune you might know. :flagwave:

What a fickin twat he is, "Frog Chorus" indeed!

29 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

What a fickin twat he is, "Frog Chorus" indeed!

:profit:

Listened to him on YouTube last night, Unplugged was a trip dow memory lane for me. One of the best all round  musicians and singer song writers of my generation and beyond. 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, Imaman said:

Listened to him on YouTube last night, Unplugged was a trip dow memory lane for me. One of the best all round  musicians and singer song writers of my generation and beyond. 

I'll refer you back to my previous comment, "Frog Chorus". Lennon was the only proper songwriter in the Beatles.

10 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I'll refer you back to my previous comment, "Frog Chorus". Lennon was the only proper songwriter in the Beatles.

"Imagine no posessions " sings Lennon in the Imagine film. Sitting in his white Saville Row suit, at his white grand piano, in his white drawing room of his grand white mansion. With his white Roller sitting outside. Aye, imagine that John. Hypocritical *****. A ****ing terrible song.

41 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

:troll:

Doctor FinnBarr
48 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:troll:

I'm not a troll mate, what do you  think really of the Frog Chorus and stuff that Lennon penned?

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, whodanny said:

"Imagine no posessions " sings Lennon in the Imagine film. Sitting in his white Saville Row suit, at his white grand piano, in his white drawing room of his grand white mansion. With his white Roller sitting outside. Aye, imagine that John. Hypocritical *****. A ****ing terrible song.

It is very cringey but he did write some good sings “ mother “ “ love “ “ watching the wheels “ “ woman  “ 

Салатные палочки

11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It is very cringey but he did write some good sings “ mother “ “ love “ “ watching the wheels “ “ woman  “ 

Oooh no ! Not "Woman" James, I reach for a sick bag if I hear that on the radio. That whole last album, Double Fantasy was truly awful, it became massively hyped because it was his "comeback" record, and also happened to be released just before he was murdered. That was some promotional stunt by the way.* But it's a pretty poor record.

*Sorry, pretty crass attempt at humour.

Edited by whodanny

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, pablo said:

Great picture. The jumper, the mug and the camera

20220118_053514.jpg

He was a hipster 40 years before anyone else!  :thumbsup:

He wrote many great songs, particularly within The Beatles, and also some godawful shite; a fantastically talented guy though.

Absolutely no doubt he is a very talented songwriter and musician.  
But for some reason I just can’t take to him as a person(ality) 

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

All that fame.

All that money.

Anything he ever wanted he could have.

Linday McCartney ?????????

Don't forget Heather Mills.

hmfc_liam06
5 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I'm not a troll mate, what do you  think really of the Frog Chorus and stuff that Lennon penned?

Why pick an obviously pish PMc joke song and try compare it to Lennon’s good stuff? 

PMc was the real driving force behind the Beatles. That’s not even up for debate.

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

All that fame.

All that money.

Anything he ever wanted he could have.

Linday McCartney ?????????

Maybe he loved her ?

15 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Maybe he loved her ?

He did, simple as that. Money can't buy it.

Anyway, plenty to choose from and my personal favourites vary on a daily basis. Same for all Beatles songs. Today, it is this absolute masterpiece. Happy Birthday Paul.

SwindonJambo

Didn't see Macca live until 2015 and I was absolutely kicking myself that I hadn't after my 1st show. I've since seen him live 7 more times, including this show in Krakow in 2018 when I was lucky enough to be front row with a great Polish audience behind me. Love old Macca. His voice is getting rough but the show and his band are excellent. Definitely the best musician in the Beatles by a country mile. For those unaware, this track, which even Lennon admitted was a belter is an ode to pot, not about any woman 😉 

Tommy Brown

He did some very good. But did some dreadful too. And two of them posted already.

Yesterday

Long and Winding Road

To add to previous 

But Christ on a bike 

To add to previous

Ebony and Ivory

Mull of Kintyre

joondalupjambo

He should have dipped out gracefully as many greats do.  Head lining Glastonbury is one big no for me.

SwindonJambo
4 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

He should have dipped out gracefully as many greats do.  Head lining Glastonbury is one big no for me.

He headlined in 2004. I think most of that generation will keep going until they fall over. Macca's voice is certainly fading, but his instrumental ability is still there. The Stones are playing Hyde Park the same night.

joondalupjambo
16 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

He headlined in 2004. I think most of that generation will keep going until they fall over. Macca's voice is certainly fading, but his instrumental ability is still there. The Stones are playing Hyde Park the same night.

Yeah should have left it then as his last one.  18 years on as you say, fading.

Most of his generation are getting wheeled out at Glastonbury for the Sunday graveyard shift.

Good on him to be able to still be the main headliner.  

Hey Jude is surely by now a club anthem.