Predictions for season 22/23

Jambo 4 Ever

I predict lots of trolling next season …………….. As for the completions ……………..

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Aberdeen

Kilmarnock

Motherwell

Livingston

Dundee United

Ross County

Hibs

St Johnstone

St Mirren

Hearts to win the League Cup

Rangers to successfully defend the Scottish Cup

Inverness up as champions

St Johnstone to beat Dundee in the play off 

Bazzas right boot

The OF to grip the nation in a close title race as the media get in a frenzy as they smash the **** out of the other teams on a weekly basis. 

It will be totally rad, man. 

Us to finish 3rd again, we'll get about 70 points. 

Aberdeen to have a better season and finish 4th 

Killie to make top 6.

Motherwell and Utd to fall out of the top 6.

Motherwell and County to fill the relegation spots. 

Who really cares about anything else in the league. 

As usual, I'll take us for the sc. 

The lc will result in further shiteyness. 

We'll get in the Europa league and finish 3rd, drop down to the conference. 

Malinga the Swinga

I reckon the usual posters will complain about whoever we sign saying they're useless before they kick a ball for club.

I reckon the usual posters will say whoever Hibs or any other team sign is the sort of player we should be signing and we've missed a trick.

After winning first 10 games of season, we will draw 0-0 with Sevco at Ibrox. Usual posters, who have been missing from board, will then complain that Neilson has to go.

I hope we win all 3 cups including Europa.

I hope Hibs get relegated, before they inevitably fall into liquidation.

Think that covers everything.

Rangers 

Celtic

Hearts

Aberdeen

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

Hibs

Livingston

Dundee Utd

St Mirren

St Johnstone

Ross Co

Hearts in Europe - Narrow defeat in EL play off. 2nd in Conference group stage after 3 home wins. Knocked out in play off 

League Cup - 2nd string knocked out first round we play

Scottish Cup - semi final defeat to OF

Jambo 4 Ever

I think it will be 

Rangers 

Celtic

Hearts

Aberdeen

Hibs

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

Livingston

St Johnstone

St Mirren

Dundee Utd

Ross Co

Celtic to win LC

aberdeen to win Scottish cup 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The OF to grip the nation in a close title race as the media get in a frenzy as they smash the **** out of the other teams on a weekly basis. 

It will be totally rad, man. 

Us to finish 3rd again, we'll get about 70 points. 

Aberdeen to have a better season and finish 4th 

Killie to make top 6.

Motherwell and Utd to fall out of the top 6.

Motherwell and County to fill the relegation spots. 

Who really cares about anything else in the league. 

As usual, I'll take us for the sc. 

The lc will result in further shiteyness. 

We'll get in the Europa league and finish 3rd, drop down to the conference. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I reckon the usual posters will complain about whoever we sign saying they're useless before they kick a ball for club.

I reckon the usual posters will say whoever Hibs or any other team sign is the sort of player we should be signing and we've missed a trick.

After winning first 10 games of season, we will draw 0-0 with Sevco at Ibrox. Usual posters, who have been missing from board, will then complain that Neilson has to go.

I hope we win all 3 cups including Europa.

I hope Hibs get relegated, before they inevitably fall into liquidation.

Think that covers everything.

don't forget the scottish football radio commentators somehow maintaining the ability to combine surprise and excitement in their voices when either of the ugly sisters smash in their fourth goal against St Johnstone / Ross County.

quite a skill IMO

A_A wehatethehibs

I expect Celtic to extend a bigger gap over Rangers, as they’re in the champions league groups, which adds a financial advantage on top of the fact that they’re already a better football team.  

Rangers on the other hand will get papped out in the qualifiers by Fenerbace or Marseille and be in the Europa again. Expect them to regress with GVB under pressure by xmas with Celtic to open up an ominous early season gap.

Other than that I think it’s a pretty unpredictable season next season, expect Aberdeen to mount a big challenge, Hibs I think will completely implode and get through 2-3 managers 

Naisys Tackle

I actually think it will go pretty much the same as the season that just finished apart from huns winning the league and Hibs in the relegation playoff.   St Johnstone well relegated this time. 

Rudiscoresagain

Same as every year. 
Us to win the league, Scottish cup and league cup and the Eos cup if we still enter it and the wee team to get relegated. 
Think that about covers it. 

We'll get 3rd and a final again, maybe get a few surprises in Europe.

Hibs will be bottom 4. 

Between 4th and 10th will be tight again.

With a couple of good additions there's no reason we can't finish 3rd and reach a cup final. 

A European run would be a bonus. 

I predict abject misery for Hibs, relegation being a serious possibility. 

In the 62 years since 1960, we've managed to finish 3rd two years in a row only once (02/03 & 03/04). 

Seems like we're in the best position in a long time to achieve it, but we'll certainly face a lot more competition than we did this season. And having European ties for the rest of the year will make things difficult too.

Heart says 3rd, head says probably 3rd...

I think we’ll finish 3rd, and reach both Cup finals.

We’ll lose the SC Final and win the LC Final.

Malinga will be bloody minded about both Wales and England in the World Cup.

We’ll beat Hibs at each time of asking.

Hibs will finish bottom six.  Again.

Weakened Offender

Third place finish after a shaky start in the league due to the European matches. 

Two visits to Hampden. Two league derby wins. Pelters for Robbie after not winning in Perth. 

I predict we’ll be better placed to predict when we’ve finished in the transfer market. As it stands we’re short in at least 4 positions and one of those is a Simms replacement or Simms himself back to bag the goals. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I predict we’ll be better placed to predict when we’ve finished in the transfer market. As it stands we’re short in at least 4 positions and one of those is a Simms replacement or Simms himself back to bag the goals. 

TBH, I'd still think we will be third no matter who we sign unless we spend about £30 million on transfers. We won't break the top 2.

I also think Aberdeen will improve and be 4th, again unless they spend about £30m and we can reverse the two positions.

The transfer Market movement won't really change my prediction , it will just be a more up to date predication.

I'll say third now and I'll say third in August.

I don't think many will change their opinions drastically based on the transfer window as we all expect signings and know we will have new players.

I think we could struggle with the extra Euro games. All depends on who we bring in I guess. 3rd or 4th place in the end.

If we manage third we will be no closer to the OF and it won't be cut and dry from early on...I think we will be made to work for it. By who I don't know.

We will have a better shot at the Scottish cup than the league cup as we will be out of Europe by then. 

LC - quarter final

SC - Semi final at least.

Seaside Dave

We finish 3rd. Behind the 2 arsehole clubs. Wee team manage to stay up. 

Hearts qualify for Europa League league group stage. Finish 3rd in group behind a European giants and a medium bigger club. Win our first knockout in Europa conference before losing to a big European club. 

Domestic cups we lose to old firm in both cups. 

Scottish champions

Scottish Cup-winners 

League cup- Win it for a laugh .

Europa league champions, qualify for the champions league. 

The End.

Phil D. Corners
9 hours ago, Waterboy said:

In the 62 years since 1960, we've managed to finish 3rd two years in a row only once (02/03 & 03/04). 

Seems like we're in the best position in a long time to achieve it, but we'll certainly face a lot more competition than we did this season. And having European ties for the rest of the year will make things difficult too.

Heart says 3rd, head says probably 3rd...

This, back to back 3rd is not easy. I’ll be delighted to get 3rd by any means and have the additional 8 games in Europe. 

Cup run would also be a bonus. 

We’ll play a lot of football next year. 

17 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I think it will be 

Rangers 

Celtic

Hearts

Aberdeen

Hibs

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

Livingston

St Johnstone

St Mirren

Dundee Utd

Ross Co

Celtic to win LC

aberdeen to win Scottish cup 

🤣🤣🤣 no surprises from you. I predict loads more trolling from you - unfortunately 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lots of inane questions as ever is definitely one.

Football wise, I think we will finish 4th. Not sure who takes 3rd but I think we will be hit with a sticky patch with our European fixtures. However, I see it being like 89/90 and with us pulling off a surprise in Europe and getting through to play European football in 2023, which would be a massive achievement.

That momentum carries us to a cup win. The Mickey Mouse Cup will see a departure on a cold Tuesday night in Kilmarnock or equivalent on penalties in our first game that we play.

LivingstonJambo99

Will finishing 3rd be good enough to get in Europa or conference group stages? Or will be relying on Celtic rangers or ourselves to win the Scottish cup? 

24 minutes ago, LivingstonJambo99 said:

Will finishing 3rd be good enough to get in Europa or conference group stages? Or will be relying on Celtic rangers or ourselves to win the Scottish cup? 

Good point. I imagine, unless the coefficient changes things again, that the cup winners will get that play off place and 3rd will need to qualify for the UECL.(unless we or the OF win the cup again)There is also the Russian factor. It might change things if they are allowed back in.

Edited by JimmyCant

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

🤣🤣🤣 no surprises from you. I predict loads more trolling from you - unfortunately 

Ummmm what do you mean exactly ?

im entitled to my prediction which I think is realistic 

Cory McNamara

Just win the Scottish League Cup, be competitive in european fixtures, play with honor and dignity against clubs from Glasgow.

Realistically my hopes are:

League: 3rd

Cup/League Cup: latter stages of both.

Europe: do ourselves proud and maybe, at a push, have 2 more ties in February.

Derby day: unbeaten against the scuttlers, more wins than draws and, numerical, revenge for 50 years ago.

Hibs' relegation.

Seems reasonable and attainable to me.

tartofmidlothian

League - 3rd, but closer to the team behind than last time.

Cups - As ever, expect not to go out to a team below us and hope we get lucky with the draw or in a big match. Can't ask for more.

Europa League - Knocked out by a decent team in August, down to the ECL.

Europa Conference - Second place in the group, out in the qualifying round in 2023.

Niemi’s gloves
56 minutes ago, Cory McNamara said:

Just win the Scottish League Cup, be competitive in european fixtures, play with honor and dignity against clubs from Glasgow.

My guess is that the League Cup will have low priority with guys like McGill, Henderson, Smith and Pollock involved in the first knockout round on 30/31 August (which is the midweek immediately after the two Europa League play off midweeks and immediately before the first European group stage midweek). If we win with the younger guys, great, but we then face 9 games in the course of October so quite possibly a similar team in the next round of the League Cup.

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Cory McNamara
21 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

My guess is that the League Cup will have low priority with guys like McGill, Henderson, Smith and Pollock involved in the first knockout round on 30/31 August (which is the midweek immediately after the two Europa League play off midweeks and immediately before the first European group stage midweek). If we win with the younger guys, great, but we then face 9 games in the course of October so quite possibly a similar team in the next round of the League Cup.

Yeah, we need luck & confidence. It's like 4 finals in row in the League Cup. We also need additional Glasgow derby. There are only two clubs from the mighty Highland League in SLC, the best ones, so it's a very hard way, competitive with a lot of bumps. Who knows Neilson's main priority, must be a group stage in the UEFA Cup or Conference League right now.  

From recent statements, Robbie really has the bit between his teeth to win cup.  I think he will put everything into winning both the cups.

Really hope he succeeds for us all.

League - anything less than 3rd is a failure

League cup - out early due to too many fixtures

Scottish cup - out when we play the Old Firm, hopefully that's not til the semi at least

Conference League - finish 3rd and go out but hopefully gave a good account of ourselves with a couple of good wins.

On 17/06/2022 at 16:52, ri Alban said:

Scottish champions

Scottish Cup-winners 

League cup- Win it for a laugh .

Europa league champions, qualify for the champions league. 

The End.

What? We'll win all that and then be liquidated?

I'm distraught.

Seaside Dave
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

What? We'll win all that and then be liquidated?

I'm distraught.

Out on a high though 😂😂😂😂

I reckon ourselves & Aberdeen will finish 3rd & 4th, not sure who goes where.

We get a couple of wins in Europe & have a lovely time partying on the continent while the teams that kicked us when we were down sit at home seething it's not them.

We win the League Cup!!

Hibs to sack the manager, replace him & then sack his replacement as they continue their bootleg Mad Vlad era (minus the success).

No danger we will be winning the league cup this year. Probably not even close to going far. 

Might be a good opportunity to rotate the team and avoid early season burn out.