The unfair hangover..

Morgan

We all know that hangovers are an absolute bugger.  

It’s bad enough getting one when you know you had too hard a ‘kick at the ball’ and probably deserve it.  But, and this is my point here, it’s even worse when you get one when you don’t consider that you drank enough to warrant one.

A variety of factors may be the reason for this - not enough food, mixing your drinks or simply your frame of mind at the time.

However, it’s still not fair. At least, if you get a hangover you want to know that you had a good time in the process!

Gin in recent years was my saviour. Hangovers much less likely for me on the Gin than if I stuck to IPAs.

Red Wine hangovers. Had a couple of them in my life....I think Red Wine shrinks my skull. Headaches are awful so those days are long gone.

Same with Jack Daniels. Puking that back up is like bringing up lava.

Probably had about 1 or 2 hangovers in the last 10 years. Not much for the bevy now and dont drink anything like my teenage or twenty something self. I'm quite dull and have no problem in knocking back offers of a night out.

N Lincs Jambo

Most unfair one I ever had was in the late 80s. I was the designated driver so had six pints of Caliber (alcohol free beer). Woke up the next morning with a c u next Tuesday of a hangover. Wasn’t happy 😡

1 minute ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Most unfair one I ever had was in the late 80s. I was the designated driver so had six pints of Caliber (alcohol free beer). Woke up the next morning with a c u next Tuesday of a hangover. Wasn’t happy 😡

:rofl: 

Now, that’s really unfair!

I’m a great believer in the three pint hangover. If I have two I wake up fresh as a daisy, ditto four of more. For some reason three I always feel a bit shit in the morning. Not full on hungover just a bit bleugh 

Edited by Tazio

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

The trick is to always drink enough to deserve one.

Almost but not quite…..

The (real) trick is to stay drunk 🍺🍺🍺👍

Jambo 4 Ever
59 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The hangover jobby is towards the top of the league table of best jobbies.  Sometimes the very best.

:sick:

i wish jj was my dad
8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

:sick:

Never had a hangover before type post. 

Edit, I'll never quote you again !

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The hangover jobby is towards the top of the league table of best jobbies.  Sometimes the very best.

Another one who's never had a hangover.

Jobbying, spewing, pissing and doing somersaults at the same time is not pleasant in the slightest.

That's a proper hangover btw.

Edited by Bull's-eye

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

38 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Never had a hangover before type post. 

Edit, I'll never quote you again !

24 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Jobbying, spewing, pissing and doing somersaults at the same time is not pleasant in the slightest.

From hangovers to jobbies in one fell swoop.  :biggrin:

Magic stuff.

29 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

:cornette:

One of the worst hangovers I’ve had was after drinking 4 bottles of Heineken 0%. Not a word of a lie. 🤢🤢🤢

hmfc_liam06

Hangovers and feeling rough are two very very different things.

I can see me being a tad rough the next day after 4 pints. 

Surely no one is full on spewing etc after 4 jars? 😂

Auld Reekin'

Not that I've read it or am ever likely to, but in "The Sex Lives of TV Chefs" (or something like that) by Irvine Welsh, I believe that one of the characters discovers that, whatever and however much he does on a night out, it's his colleague - whom he dislikes - that suffers the consequences.

Sounds good to me. :icon14:

It’s the fear that is worse than anything else for me. Especially when your on the cutty stool with the missus for getting home late and smashed. 

A Boy Named Crow

It's when you go out with the best of intentions,  a couple of lunchtime pints...but then you forget to stop... the next day is the worst kind of remorse, as it's mixed with stupidity.

Weakened Offender

Remember years ago standing at a bus stop one morning with a hangover that I definitely did deserve. There was an empty shop at the bus stop and a couple of old folk were talking about having seen (or heard of, I can't remember) rats around the shop. I got the utter heebiejeebies and at that point felt something run up the inside of my jeans. I had a wee panic and started trying to kick and shake what I imagined was running up my leg out of my jeans and to my absolute horror, it was the pants I'd had on the night before that were sliding down my leg and I managed to shake  them out and kick them on to the old folk that were chatting about the rats. I didn't deserve that. 

Angry Haggis
7 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Remember years ago standing at a bus stop one morning with a hangover that I definitely did deserve. There was an empty shop at the bus stop and a couple of old folk were talking about having seen (or heard of, I can't remember) rats around the shop. I got the utter heebiejeebies and at that point felt something run up the inside of my jeans. I had a wee panic and started trying to kick and shake what I imagined was running up my leg out of my jeans and to my absolute horror, it was the pants I'd had on the night before that were sliding down my leg and I managed to shake  them out and kick them on to the old folk that were chatting about the rats. I didn't deserve that. 

No, no you did deserve that 😂

14 hours ago, Victorian said:

Black jobbies for 3 days.  Did I drink anything black..... no! wtf?!?!?

8 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

:what:

9 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Years ago I was in a pub waiting for a mate (the one on Lothian Road that is now the Red Squirrel) and a bloke came in the door. As it was quite quiet everyone in the pub saw that when he was half way between the door and the bar a pair of Y fronts (presumably last nights) slid out the bottom of his jeans onto the floor. He calmly picked them up, put them in his coat pocket and turned around and left. To the sound of laughter. 

JudyJudyJudy

The size of my er shits and one of my friends is a a frequent conversation piece between us. We regularly discuss this over a coffee.  :)  .  Its a fascinating subject really.  Not for any kinky fetish reason .  Just amazing some of the sizes and shapes. ON a more serious note you should always monitor your shits . They can indicate health issues.   Black shits without eating or drinking  anything remotely black arent good news. 

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The size of my er shits and one of my friends is a a frequent conversation piece between us. We regularly discuss this over a coffee.  :)  .  Its a fascinating subject really.  Not for any kinky fetish reason .  Just amazing some of the sizes and shapes. ON a more serious note you should always monitor your shits . They can indicate health issues.   Black shits without eating or drinking  anything remotely black arent good news. 

Thanks Doctor. 😳

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Seats said:

Thanks Doctor. 😳

Nae bother... :) im always happy when i do a healthy plop.