Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Shaggy2

• Naisys Tackle

• neilnunb

Smoked-Glass
Just now, Rockwell said:

No there not it's 9am Friday 

Sorry. It's the English stuff that's tomorrow my bad.

Well my point still stands 24 hours later 🤣

I wonder what the random fixture generating computer will come up with for us this year especially around our European dates… I expect most to involve an away trip before and after!

Edited by Rudy T

• davemclaren changed the title to Fixtures out Friday
Smoked-Glass

Rules are Celtic must be at home first, no old firm game on game 1.

Think that's it 

The very first game of the new split 2000-01 was hearts v hibs , also 2007. So no rules against it being an Edinburgh derby game one. 

20 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Sorry. It's the English stuff that's tomorrow my bad.

Well my point still stands 24 hours later 🤣

🤣🤣

August Landmesser

Home to Jack Ross's Dundee Utd first up please, Shankland hat-trick and Lewis Neilson with the fourth off the bench.

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Think that's it 

The very first game of the new split 2000-01 was hearts v hibs , also 2007. So no rules against it being an Edinburgh derby game one. 

Celtic no home game on Remembrance Sunday.

I'm in Berlin for the first weekend of the season so preferably an away game first. We've been at home the opening day the last 2 seasons so think it will be away.

Gonna guess Kilmarnock.

EDIT: Hope it is Kilmarnock. Remember the season we want on to have last time we played them away on the opening day. That was also on the 30th July. :ninja: 

Edited by Locky

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I wonder what the random fixture generating computer will come up with for us this year especially around our European dates… I expect most to involve an away trip before and after!

No doubt we’ll have to play all the teams 3 times and the top 5 4 times. Also No doubt the paranoid will pick through it with a fine tooth comb and establish 10 fixtures where we were discriminated against by the dark figures in the corner. 

5 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Celtic no home game on Remembrance Sunday.

And they should hang their heads in shame!

12 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Think that's it 

We were utter cack in both so I’d rather not start with Hibs, although I would like them before Europe commences for us. It’ll be ER first this season.

11 hours ago, Locky said:

I'm in Berlin for the first weekend of the season so preferably an away game first. We've been at home the opening day the last 2 seasons so think it will be away.

Gonna guess Kilmarnock.

EDIT: Hope it is Kilmarnock. Remember the season we want on to have last time we played them away on the opening day. That was also on the 30th July. :ninja: 

At a wedding myself so I'll be missing it to so an away game I'd be unlikely to attend would be good.

Heartsmad1874

Does the fixture computer still reverse the fixtures, so we played Dundee Utd twice away last year pre split, do we now play them twice at home this season pre split?

If so we're looking at two away trips to

Aberdeen

Celtic

Hibernian

Kilmarnock

Livingston

Motherwell

Two home games against

Dundee Utd

Rangers

Ross County

St Johnstone

St Mirren

I take it we will be away first game this season. 

Hopefully a winnable one, I do think winning first game sets you up nicely for the season.

Absolute Scenes

Since the start of the 15/16 season, we've had Celtic 4 times within first two fixtures. absolute joke

Fort Vallance

For everyone that slags off the EPL, at least their fixtures are down the middle. Of course they're  pandering to Sky etc. But at least every team knows who they're playing on the last game of the season. None of the we can't have Celtic winning the league at Ibrox pish. Although maybe that says as much about Police Scotland as it does about the football authorities. 

Huge believer in fixture lists playing a huge part in a season. Yes we play everyone 3 times and 5 teams once more, but if we get a run of winnable games to start with it really helps build some momentum.

Motherwell (A)

Rangers (H)

Hibs (A)

Aberdeen (H)

Celtic (A)

The above is exactly the sort of run we want to avoid. 

I’d be delighted with, for example:

St Mirren (H)

Livingston (A)

Ross County (H)

Hibs (A)

Dundee Utd (H)

Points on the board early doors. 

Pasquale for King

Guaranteed Celtic away to start with, and difficult games all through August. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Rogue Daddy
48 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

For everyone that slags off the EPL, at least their fixtures are down the middle. Of course they're  pandering to Sky etc. But at least every team knows who they're playing on the last game of the season. None of the we can't have Celtic winning the league at Ibrox pish. Although maybe that says as much about Police Scotland as it does about the football authorities. 

fixture.jpg

Fxxx the SPFL
30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aye the computer that picks fixtures randomly aye right weegie computer will not want us latching onto the arse cheeks coat tails so five hardest games first 

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Celtic away would be ideal on the first day tbh. 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Celtic away on TV. That not a good thing?

Best time to hit them cold.  We played them first game last season though. 

Hibs down there would be a belter for us. 

Smoked-Glass
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Best time to hit them cold.  We played them first game last season though. 

Hibs down there would be a belter for us. 

May as well get it on TV .gotta go there sometime

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

May as well get it on TV .gotta go there sometime

Very true.    

2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Aye the computer that picks fixtures randomly aye right weegie computer will not want us latching onto the arse cheeks coat tails so five hardest games first 

The fixtures are not picked randomly and I'm not aware that the league has ever claimed they are. It is well known that there are certain factors that are taken into account, eg avoiding Hearts and Hibs at home on the same weekend and the top six from last season are always assumed to be the top six for next season to try and ensure that the after split fixtures can give all clubs an equal number of home and away fixtures. Hearts will always play Hibs around the New Year holiday, and clubs are also able to submit requests that can include avoiding clashes with other major events that can cause policing and/or transport issues. Sky as part of the TV contract also has a voice. 

EPL doesnt start until a week later so wouldnt be surprised if Sky show both  Celtics home game at  1230 on Saturday 30th and Rangers away game on Sunday 31st 

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, henryheart said:

The fixtures are not picked randomly and I'm not aware that the league has ever claimed they are. It is well known that there are certain factors that are taken into account, eg avoiding Hearts and Hibs at home on the same weekend and the top six from last season are always assumed to be the top six for next season to try and ensure that the after split fixtures can give all clubs an equal number of home and away fixtures. Hearts will always play Hibs around the New Year holiday, and clubs are also able to submit requests that can include avoiding clashes with other major events that can cause policing and/or transport issues. Sky as part of the TV contract also has a voice. 

Also I assume they can't start the season with an old firm game for some reason

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Check the teams that had away games first last season, Celtic United Hibs Livingston St Johnstone and St Mirren. One of those away, since they are struggling to tie us up with Old Firm due to European football, we will see both of them in August, Celtic away first day 

Mr Elwood P
On 15/06/2022 at 16:47, Rudy T said:

An away trip either side of all 10 Uefa ties?

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

An away trip either side of all 10 Uefa ties?

I wasn’t really being serious. More exaggerating the point the random computer generation isn’t very random and we’ll get no favours around European ties.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Fixtures published at 9 but a number of our games will move to the Sunday once group stage games confirmed 

Group dates are already confirmed so we know our first 8 definite Sunday matches.

August 21, 28

September 11, 18

October 9, 16, 30

November 6

11 hours ago, henryheart said:

You’re correct but Hearts and Hibs are not a good example. The Edinburgh clubs were due to play at home on the same day at least twice in last season’s fixture list. No prizes for guessing the ONLY two clubs whose fixtures are definitely not random. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
19 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

You’re correct but Hearts and Hibs are not a good example. The Edinburgh clubs were due to play at home on the same day at least twice in last season’s fixture list. No prizes for guessing the ONLY two clubs whose fixtures are definitely not random. 

Not quite. It was because we took over Hamilton's fixture set as the reinstated side (I refuse to use promoted) and both us and the vermin were therefore due to have 17 home games and thus there had to be a double up somewhere. That will reset this season and one team will get 16 homes and one will get 17 homes. To be determined who in a couple of hours.

• davemclaren changed the title to Fixtures out!!!