Vincent Kompany Appointed Manger of Burnley

The Ultimate Worrier

The Ultimate Worrier

Interesting choice. Not everyone finds it easy to go from the coaching staff of the Belgian national team to being the main man at a club.

Didn't exactly work wonders at Anderlecht. will be interesting to see how he gets on. Going to say he'll be gone by Christmas.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Didn't exactly work wonders at Anderlecht. will be interesting to see how he gets on. Going to say he'll be gone by Christmas.

Big picture he did well. 

They are a mess financially. He went in and they were 8th and he led them to 3rd this season. 

He also bled a lot of youngsters into the first team picture which will have long term effects you’d imagine. 

Style of play will be a strange one at Burnley, is he from the Pep school? Can’t say I have pleasant visions of Burnley counter pressing and playing a tiki taka style 😂

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Big picture he did well. 

They are a mess financially. He went in and they were 8th and he led them to 3rd this season. 

He also bled a lot of youngsters into the first team picture which will have long term effects you’d imagine. 

Style of play will be a strange one at Burnley, is he from the Pep school? Can’t say I have pleasant visions of Burnley counter pressing and playing a tiki taka style 😂

Will be back to the wall defensive style Imo. Great defender back in this day so gotta think he will go with what he knows. 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Big picture he did well. 

Fair enough. Hadn't looked into him too much tbf, and I seen they got to the Belgian Cup final, just remember reading the comments from fans on social media when he left and nobody seemed particularly saddened by his departure.

I think he is tactically that way inclined, but being a defender you'd like to think he's got a bit of balance to his game.

• davemclaren changed the title to Vincent Kompany Appointed Manger of Burnley
31 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Interesting choice. Not everyone finds it easy to go from the coaching staff of the Belgian national team to being the main man at a club.

i dont think he was on the belgian national team coaching staff, he has just left as manager of anderlecht

The Ultimate Worrier
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i dont think he was on the belgian national team coaching staff, he has just left as manager of anderlecht

Well, apart from that and spelling his name wrong, I think I'm doing OK on this thread...

Strange choice of role for Kompany, I'm sure Burnley are in a mess financially as the owners borrowed money against the club to buy the club (similar to Man Utd but on a smaller scale) and one clause of the loan is they have to pay a huge chunk back if they are relegated, I think it'll mean they'll need to use all of their parachute payment repaying some of the loan. 

The only other point would be I'm sure his wife is from Manchester so could be going there for family reasons.

Edited by TurboT

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, TurboT said:

Strange choice of role for Kompany, I'm sure Burnley are in a mess financially as the owners borrowed money against the club to buy the club (similar to Man Utd but on a smaller scale) and one clause of the loan is they have to pay a huge chunk back if they are relegated, I think it'll mean they'll need to use all of their parachute payment repaying some of the loan. 

The only other point would be I'm sure his wife is from Manchester so could be going there for family reasons.

Saved me typing it. This

will-i-am-a-jambo
7 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Well, apart from that and spelling his name wrong, I think I'm doing OK on this thread...

And apart from spelling manager wrong in the thread title, you are doing fine........sorry!

Strange choice for Burnley will be interesting to see how Kompany gets on. 

The Ultimate Worrier
17 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

And apart from spelling manager wrong in the thread title, you are doing fine........sorry!

Strange choice for Burnley will be interesting to see how Kompany gets on. 

😂

I hadn't even spotted that. Having a shocker here.