21 minutes ago, been here before said:

Thoughts, family, no age, tragedy.

😂

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

She's out.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

35 years from now she'd have been as old if she'd lived as Judy Garland is now had she lived but she didn't so she hasn't.

been here before
1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

35 years from now she'd have been as old if she'd lived as Judy Garland is now had she lived but she didn't so she hasn't.

And thats what makes it such a tragedy.

Prayers etc...

McGlynn The Money
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

And thats what makes it such a tragedy.

Prayers etc...

Totally mate. It's still not really sunk in.

Feels like only years ago that I was watching an old repeat of her on the show.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

A good age.

You missed ‘a good age’.

And, a fair innings.

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

A good age.

You missed ‘a good age’.

And, a fair innings.

Understandable though,  at this difficult time. 

I would think passing on regards is better than being a complete ***** about someone dying. 

McGlynn The Money
On 13/06/2022 at 03:19, ri Alban said:

I would think passing on regards is better than being a complete ***** about someone dying. 

I don't think it's being a complete ***** about someone dying, just a rather ribald look at the sentimental garbage posted online when someone checks out.

33 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I don't think it's being a complete ***** about someone dying, just a rather ribald look at the sentimental garbage posted online when someone checks out.

It makes no difference to anyone's life what people write. I'd say it speaks more of others, if they chose to be an arsehole or not.  

been here before
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

It makes no difference to anyone's life what people write. I'd say it speaks more of others, if they chose to be an arsehole or not.  

Exactly.

"Sending thoughts and prayers to the family" means nothing. "Thinking of them" means nothing. Sitting typing thoughtless, hackneyed internet cliches of "tragedy, no age, taken far too soon" is nothing but vacuous words. No thought, no meaning, no intent, nothing.

If you really are sending thoughts to the family, thinking of them at this difficult time then why the need to let us all know?

Its nothing but vitrue signalling, look at me meaningless pish which serves no other purpose than to garner some attention at how much you really (dont) care.

Edited by been here before

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

"Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead. After that my own rule is to let everything alone."

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Exactly.

"Sending thoughts and prayers to the family" means nothing. "Thinking of them" means nothing. Sitting typing thoughtless, hackneyed internet cliches of "tragedy, no age, taken far too soon" is nothing but vacuous words. No thought, no meaning, no intent, nothing.

If you really are sending thoughts to the family, thinking of them at this difficult time then why the need to let us all know?

Its nothing but vitrue signalling, look at me meaningless pish which serves no other purpose than to garner some attention at how much you really (dont) care.

Nail on the head. ri Alban has defeated his own argument without even realising it.

One of the best ones for me was when Steve Jobs passed away. Loads of people were on Facebook joining in the outpouring of grief and sorrow that he'd been taken from us so soon. One of the worst on my timeline was my cousin and I know for a fact she'd never ****ing heard of him before. Just a lot of virtue signalling wank.

She played a part in making me delete my Facebook account so grateful to her for that at least.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Exactly.

Did you feel the same when people posted their sympathy’s when Zaliukas died?  

Not looking for an argument just wondering if you feel it’s okay to express sorrow to some peoples deaths online but not others? 

been here before
16 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Did you feel the same when people posted their sympathy’s when Zaliukas died?  

Not looking for an argument just wondering if you feel it’s okay to express sorrow to some peoples deaths online but not others? 

There are always exceptions that prove the rule but to a degree, yes.

If you take an example such as Zal and all you can come up with is the banal and trite "tragedy, no age, thinking of the family" then its pretty much "sending thoughts" for the sake of sanctimony.