Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be...

Morgan

Have you, or do you know of anyone who has, ever been told that you look like a famous footballer?

Lucky enough to be a Cristiano Ronaldo, a George Best, a David Beckham or a Rudi Skacel?  :loved:

Or, unlucky enough to be a Davie Dodds, an Ally Brazil or a John McGinn?

Be honest!

I've got one mate who swears to this day that I look like Rivaldo. Not sure that's a compliment to be fair...

Some people used to say I looked a bit like Craig Burley which didn’t please me much at all. No resemblance at all, then I was going through some stuff at home and found an old passport and to my shock I did look a bit like him in the photo. 

McGlynn The Money

A young man walks onto the stage of Stars in their Eyes, on crutches, with a plaster cast from his feet to his hips.

Matthew Kelly Introduces him as Simon.

"It's very brave of you to come out here," says Matthew. "Please tell the audience what happened."

"Well," replies Simon, "about a year ago, I was driving with my uncle when we had a really bad accident. Unfortunately my uncle was killed outright but I survived. I was trapped in the car for six hours before I was eventually cut free. The doctors had me in surgery for 12 hours but they couldn't save my legs."

"That's terrible. But I see you have legs now. Are they artificial?" asks Matthew.

"No Matthew, while I was in hospital the doctors informed me that my uncle had in fact died. But they also said that his legs were fine and, with all the advances in medical science, they could graft the bottom half of his body onto mine. As you can see the operation was successful.

"I have been having physiotherapy for six months and hope to be walking fully again by the end of the year."

A huge round of applause erupts from the audience.

Kelly responds with:

"That's an unbelievable story. So tonight, who are you going to be?"

"Tonight, Matthew, I am going to be Simon and Half-uncle."

JudyJudyJudy

Oliver Giroud 

Davide Ginola 

James Rameriez 

Lukaku 

Sol Campbell 

Christian Nade 

sorry what was the question again ? 😎

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Steve Mcmanaman when I was skinny and had long flowing hair. More Eamonn Bannon now

Least it’s not eamon holmes 

JudyJudyJudy

Ok well I've had a few lookalikey football players through  my years,

Gaza 

Iain Durant

Jorge Albertz 

* strangely all Rangers players  

5 minutes ago, weegranty said:

Dennis wise when I was younger and had hair.

on the maloney size of things are you?

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I've been told Jude Law and/or Enrique Iglesias. Wasn't displeased, even if I didn't see it myself.

Dustin Hoffman, countless times. Though I think he looks more like me.

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Dustin Hoffman, countless times. Though I think he looks more like me.

R (4).gif

Tommy Brown

When in my early 20s, Kenny Dalglish.

In my late 30s, Craig Moore.

You think I am making it up, but I'm not.:lol:

During lockdown when my hair grew right in, I had a touch of Michael Gregoritsch about me. With the specs on, I liked to think a bit more Peter Haring. Both Austrian funny enough.

Jeffros Furios

Twice on the same night Celtic fans celebrating stopping Rangers win 10 in a row thought I was Enrico Annoni .

A girl in a pub years ago refused to believe my denials that I wasn't Mark Chapman the host of Football Focus and MOTD2.

At least that was better than my initial reaction of "WTF, the guy who shot John Lennon?"

A mate used to say I looked like Peter effing grant. Even now, I struggle not to punch my reflection when shaving.

Not football but snooker. Kirk Stevens. Couldn't see it myself but l must have been gorgeous in some older women's eyes. Changed a bit though😁

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Twice on the same night Celtic fans celebrating stopping Rangers win 10 in a row thought I was Enrico Annoni .

That would have pleased you, Jeff.

:pleasing:

My turn.

When much younger I was told, on more than a few occasions, that I looked a wee bit like Paul Hegarty of Dundee United fame.

When I moved to France, I was told I looked like a young Christophe Dugarry (before he lost his hair).

I don’t really agree with either, to be honest.

Not in appearance but playing-wise I think I was compared rather favourably to Davie Cooper.

Well...when I say I think I was...he had a quite magical left foot and folk kept telling me I played like I had two left feet...

Now, where did I leave my coat...?

Carl Fredrickson

Have been told I am like Jon Parkin however when I took offence as I am only 5ft 7inches - was informed I was about the same weight as him. 

Салатные палочки

Never happened to me but it did remind me of when me and my mates were playing football during the 98 World Cup. One of my mates decided to name everyone after one of the competing nations. I was Thor Inge the Norwegian on account of me being tall and fair-haired, one was Roberto Caminero the Italian as he was the most skillful and his name was of course Robert Cameron. I can't remember the rest but someone was 'Boob' the Jamaican :laugh2:.

So, basically, to answer your question, no. No, I have never been told I look like a footballer. 

Konrad von Carstein

Football, according to a couple of work colleagues,I apparently look like Neil McCann(I do not) or Alan Hutton (maybe a wee bit).

Non football,  on three separate holidays, I've been told by hotel staff and guests that I look like Bruce Willis, best one was on a catamaran boat trip in Mexico, a mother and daughter from Phillie were the only other couple on the trip and the mother,60 something, was really pleased that Scottish Bruce was on board. (We are both bald and handsome AF but apart from that I can't see the resemblance)

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Football, according to a couple of work colleagues,I apparently look like Neil McCann(I do not) or Alan Hutton (maybe a wee bit).

Non football,  on three separate holidays, I've been told by hotel staff and guests that I look like Bruce Willis, best one was on a catamaran boat trip in Mexico, a mother and daughter from Phillie were the only other couple on the trip and the mother,60 something, was really pleased that Scottish Bruce was on board. (We are both bald and handsome AF but apart from that I can't see the resemblance)

were you wearing a dirty white vest and walking about in your bare feet?

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, milky_26 said:

Bare feet aye, but I was gloriously topless and oiled...:qqb006:

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I am, at the moment.

Radio Ga Ga

To this day, folk still mistake me for Stephane Adam. I’ve never bought a pint 🍺 in Gorgie for 24 years, true story. FTH

Jambo_jim2001

In the 80s mates used to sing susanna because I looked liked the singer with the moustache 🤬

Now I look like a dropped lasagna 😫

the-art-company-susanna-official-music-video.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

My turn.

When much younger I was told, on more than a few occasions, that I looked a wee bit like Paul Hegarty of Dundee United fame.

When I moved to France, I was told I looked like a young Christophe Dugarry (before he lost his hair).

I don’t really agree with either, to be honest.

awe here was me thinking you looked like Davide Ginola. :) 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

My ex looks like Bruce Willis and also Kevin Costner. 

JudyJudyJudy

I have a long list of non football lookalikey. Its a running joke with some of my friends.

James Cagney

Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Kenneth Branagh 

Andy Bell  * get that a lot

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I have a long list of non football lookalikey. Its a running joke with some of my friends.

James Cagney

Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Kenneth Branagh 

Andy Bell  * get that a lot

Loved Erasure, saw them at the Playhouse.

Many many friends of Dorothy in the crowd....

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Many many friends of Dorothy in the crowd...

Never !  :) 

I like them but not a big fan as such. I like some of the sounds from back in the day but Ive heard from numerous people that put on a great show. Outstanding in fact. 

One of their songs was playing  when i was out the other night and i was with a group of women and once one said it they all did.  " oh you look like Andy Bell"  :) 

Im more of a PSB fan. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

isn't that standard for you?

When it’s 32 degrees at 10 o’clock at night, then yes, it is.

Konrad von Carstein
12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Never !  :) 

I like them but not a big fan as such. I like some of the sounds from back in the day but Ive heard from numerous people that put on a great show. Outstanding in fact. 

One of their songs was playing  when i was out the other night and i was with a group of women and once one said it they all did.  " oh you look like Andy Bell"  :) 

Im more of a PSB fan. 

PSB?

25 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

awe here was me thinking you looked like Davide Ginola. :) 

My hair does, if that’s of any use to you?

😉

The_razors_edge
7 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Steve Mcmanaman when I was skinny and had long flowing hair. More Eamonn Bannon now

I must see evidence of this long flowing hair 😂

13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

assuming pet shop boys

That was always on my mind.