#wearmaroontothegroond

Neverforgetfiveone

Neverforgetfiveone

New kit has been released and I for one will be investing.

With this season seeing us return to Europe do you think we could/should make an effort as a support to wear Maroon (and White)?

28 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

With this season seeing us return to Europe do you think we could/should make an effort as a support to wear Maroon (and White)?

Don't most people in the stadium already do that?  Supporters still even take scarfs in the warmer months (can't do the twirly without it).

Don't think much effort is needed here.

Edited by tian447

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Don't most people in the stadium already do that?  Supporters still even take scarfs in the warmer months (can't do the twirly without it).

Don't think much effort is needed here.

think he was more meaning a concerted effort along the lines of the Frankfurt fans (every single one in white) in Seville against rangers 

Phil D. Corners
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

think he was more meaning a concerted effort along the lines of the Frankfurt fans (every single one in white) in Seville against rangers 

Going to stick up for the OP here. 

It’s quite common for the fan groups in Germany to agree a dress code. For example wear the away kit or the same colour of that kit. 

If the away kit is white then then everyone that goes is informed to wear white.  

Looks great. More for away games mind. 

Just now, Phil D. Corners said:

It’s quite common for the fan groups in Germany to agree a dress code. For example wear the away kit or the same colour of that kit. 

If the away kit is white then then everyone that goes is informed to wear white.  

Yes me too and I do not think it deserved the derision it attracted from some

Neverforgetfiveone
15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

👍🏼

The Treasurer
15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Frankfurt did the same for the home leg of the semi final against West Ham. 

Very simple but very effective. 

RustyRightPeg
28 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I think it would be a great thing to do. The holding up cards thing is a bit stale now 

Neverforgetfiveone
23 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I think it would be a great thing to do. The holding up cards thing is a bit stale now 

#wearmaroontothegroond

Spread the word 😎🇱🇻

To be fair to the OP, Hearts have often talked about a sea of maroon and white.  Don’t see his suggestion as being much difference.  

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Bit easier to all pitch up wearing your Clubs strip in 30 degrees - not sure about pitching up at Tynecastle on a wet freezin cald winter night! 🥶

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Bit easier to all pitch up wearing your Clubs strip in 30 degrees - not sure about pitching up at Tynecastle on a wet freezin cald winter night! 🥶

even if the club put on t shirts to wear over the top of your jackets coats etc 

The Treasurer
31 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Why do people post hashtags on platforms like this which they are not functional and utterly pointless?

#miserable git 😁

Neverforgetfiveone
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Why do people post hashtags on platforms like this which they are not functional and utterly pointless?

Hashtagbemorepositivespreadthewordwearmaroontothegroond 

that better? 😂🇱🇻

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

#goodquestion@fankblack 

Neverforgetfiveone

Or….

#maroonandwhiteunderthelights

For our European nights 👍🏼😂

im all over the hash tags tonight!

Seriously though - I’d love it if we all wore maroon!

🇱🇻

PhoenixHearts

Would be all for it.

Seen similar things at NHL, NBA games and it's even more popular in college sports.

Blackout/whiteout games where everyone wears the same colour.

Calgary Flames fans quite fond of doing this. Seen games where its been a sea of red, every single fan wearing the same home jersey.

Think it's a little bit more difficult to pull off outdoors on a Scottish night in October with everyone wearing jackets of various hues, but I reckon with the way our stands are, a wall of pure maroon would be very intimidating.

4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Okay, fair enough. It would need to be some effort though; the Frankfurt fans at least have German efficiency on their side :lol:

Neverforgetfiveone
52 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Okay, fair enough. It would need to be some effort though; the Frankfurt fans at least have German efficiency on their side :lol:

Just need to spread the word… doesn’t have to be an overnight miracle… the more supporters hear and see it the more they will buy into it….

Build it and they will come…!

McGlynn The Money

Looked great in the Champions League Final too. Sea of red at one end and a sea of white at the other.

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, Yoda said:

H1b5 fans have been dressing up as green seats for years and it looks really effective.  Another first.

They love to mix it up as well, their blue, white and red effort at Hampden in the semi final was perfect.

5 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

even if the club put on t shirts to wear over the top of your jackets coats etc 

🤣

13 hours ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

ace-ventura-jim-carrey.gif

Sorry, but nope. I've ordered a nice green and while shell suit for European games and will be wearing that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some foosty sadsack ***** on this thread. 

Think I'll choose to wear what I see fit for the occasion, but really its only a bit of fun 

jamtartan74

Section A in maroon section B in white section C in maroon section D in white and so on all the way round the stadium 🇶🇦🏳️🇶🇦🏳️🇶🇦🏳️🇶🇦

9 hours ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

🤔

Stating the obvious alert. 

Just a bit of fun, bud. :D

Edited by ri Alban

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
On 10/06/2022 at 17:52, Thomaso said:

I've got a maroon fleece jacket that I'd happily wear.  However, old men like me (67, but seeming weeks younger!) just look wrong in fitba' strips.  And I've got better things I can think off to do with £50+. 

I'm not out, but only half-in.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

On 10/06/2022 at 16:37, Sooks said:

Yes me too and I do not think it deserved the derision it attracted from some

i agree with that as well