Top dog of the animal kingdom, Ever?

ri Alban

Pound for pound it has to be the Cats. If a cat was the same size as a T-rex or a Spinosaurus. The Cat would have it, no problem.

Who do you think was/is the ultimate killer?No humans, please, cause we need chibs.

And No, I'm perfectly sober and I'm not from Hamilton, either. :)

Jamstomorrow
59 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Pound for pound it has to be the Cats. If a cat was the same size as a T-rex or a Spinosaurus. The Cat would have it, no problem.

Who do you think was/is the ultimate killer?No humans, please, cause we need chibs.

But it wasn't. so it wouldn't.

5 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

But it wasn't. so it wouldn't.

Fecking boooooooooooooo!!!! 

Dick Dastardly

Is the mosquito not the deadliest creature ever? Imagine one of those little bitey, blood sucking trumpets the size of a diplodocus! 

Malinga the Swinga

If your going for most dangerous, then humans win hand down.

Counting us out, I like the Honey Badger. Looks cute enough but is fearless, and feared in equal measure.

Jamstomorrow
9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Counting us out, I like the Honey Badger. Looks cute enough but is fearless, and feared in equal measure.

More a fan of the Beaver than the Badger.    ;)

highlandjambo3
19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Counting us out, I like the Honey Badger. Looks cute enough but is fearless and feared in equal measure.

That badge goes to the wolverine……hard as nails, knows no fear, will absolutely take on anything…….just not big enough to be at the top though.  Google it and have a wee read.

Edited by highlandjambo3

34 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is the mosquito not the deadliest creature ever? Imagine one of those little bitey, blood sucking trumpets the size of a diplodocus! 

A ken, but you'd hear and see the big fecker advancing...👀...unlike the stealthy mozzies...🦟

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, OBE said:

A ken, but you'd hear and see the big fecker advancing...👀...unlike the stealthy mozzies...🦟

You'd definitely feel it landing on your arm, that's for sure 

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

You'd definitely feel it landing on your arm, that's for sure 

Landing? You've given dippy wings?

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, OBE said:

Landing? You've given dippy wings?

Nope, just the deeply dippy sized mosquito. Keep up 😋😉

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Not sure the top dog of the animal kingdom would be something that sleeps 20 hours a day and pushes things off tables :lol:

Imagine the size of the cardboard boxes you would need as well.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

That badge goes to the wolverine……hard as nails, knows no fear, will absolutely take on anything…….just not big enough to be at the top though.  Google it and have a wee read.

It's a good match up, but my money is on the honey badger in that scrap.

Midges.........nasty,nasty feckers and billions of the buggers ....if they were the size of the common bee we would be in trouble.....😁😁

Konrad von Carstein

The shrew is a voracious hunter...for its size one of the deadliest animals on the planet.*

*I think that's what I've seen in a documentary.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Wild Dogs and Hyenas take down much larger animals and eat them alive. They work as a team though but they're hardcore.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Wild Dogs and Hyenas take down much larger animals and eat them alive. They work as a team though but they're hardcore.

Savages. At least most other predators kill before devouring they eat them alive. Bite their achilles so they can’t run then eat them from their stomach tearing and pulling away their insides. 
Quite enjoy watching videos of lions getting a hold of them. 

jack D and coke
50 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Polar Bears. Seen them flipping seals out of the water like coins.

Warm, cold, land or sea, they'll **** you up.

One of about only two animals that will stalk and eat a human I believe. Crocs might be the other…

highlandjambo3

I’m off to see Jurassic park at two……….I’ll report back if they’ve invented anything mental again.

23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

One of about only two animals that will stalk and eat a human I believe. Crocs might be the other…

Komodo Dragons maybe?

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Big cats will do this. Many legendary tigers in India who have big totals of kills made. 

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Don't you live in Fife?

Think you've got a full range of animals right on your doorstep. 😜 

It's Fife no Borneo!

:)

Lone Striker
5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Not sure the top dog of the animal kingdom would be something that sleeps 20 hours a day and pushes things off tables :lol:

Imagine the size of the cardboard boxes you would need as well.

giphy.gif

Pretty sure Amazon  have that imaginary scenario covered at the moment  :whistling:

11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If any animal was the size of those then it would be that.  Imagine a rat, spider or wasp the size of a T-Rex?

Cat's are just wee c**ts.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Savages. At least most other predators kill before devouring they eat them alive. Bite their achilles so they can’t run then eat them from their stomach tearing and pulling away their insides. 
Quite enjoy watching videos of lions getting a hold of them. 

Some of those videos on YouTube are morbid but educational just the same. Mind you there are ones with bears doing the same with Elk and eating them alive. Nature is cruel but everything has to eat.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Costanza said:

Komodo Dragons maybe?

I believe they do also yeah👍🏼

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Big cats will do this. Many legendary tigers in India who have big totals of kills made. 

Didn’t know that. Always thought the cats will attack if cornered or they’ve ventured into somewhere for food but generally avoided humans👍🏼

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I believe they do also yeah👍🏼

Didn’t know that. Always thought the cats will attack if cornered or they’ve ventured into somewhere for food but generally avoided humans👍🏼

One of the things they’ve spotted in man killers is that they often have a physical issue that would make it difficult for them to hunt their natural prey. We’re easy pickings for a fully grown tiger or leopard. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

One of the things they’ve spotted in man killers is that they often have a physical issue that would make it difficult for them to hunt their natural prey. We’re easy pickings for a fully grown tiger or leopard. 

This is correct, I've got a few books by Jim Corbett, he hunted some of the famous "man eaters" in India, both Leopards and Tigers in the early 1900's, most if not all had an injury of some kind, often infected and festering wounds from Porcupine quills.

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Makes sense👍🏼

All roads lead to Gorgie

One predator I admire is the wolf, when there is an abundance of prey they go for the slowest older Bison, Moose or Deer therefore keeping populations of those species healthy. They do take calves as well but adult prey feeds the whole pack and is what a good pack leader will target as a priority. Thanks that my Attenborough impression over😉