Sportscene

mickycameron98

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

After Stendel dropped Berra we got worse and went to the bottom of the league. 

Tbh, More players should have called out a shite manager that made us even worse. 

Might have saved us demotion. 

Stendel had his faults but dropping Berra will always be the right call. He shouldn’t have been in the team then

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Smoked-Glass

• briever

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Stendel had his faults but dropping Berra will always be the right call. He shouldn’t have been in the team then

Spot on.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Just musing here, but had we not been demoted, would we be where we are today?

No idea. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

way too harsh Malinga!

Probably but I always remember that he missed penalty in game v Dundee Utd at home in 1-1 draw. That dropped point cost us league.

I know other players missed penalties, missed chances and made mistakes.

I know it was in January and we had games after we drew in, I know we dropped stupid points earlier in season, o know we lost last minute goal to Celtic at start of season, I get all of that.

In my memories, that miss against United was the moment that cost us and I have struggled for best part of 36 years to get over it. I can't. It was a shit half hit effort and more than any missed penalty, even the shoot out ones v Celtic in final, it's the penalty I most regret us missing.

Others see the record appearances, o just keep seeing Billy Thomson saving that penalty.

Might be harsh, in fact, it is harsh, but that's the way it is.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Probably but I always remember that he missed penalty in game v Dundee Utd at home in 1-1 draw. That dropped point cost us league.

I know it was in January and we had games after we drew in, I know we dropped stupid points earlier in season, o know we lost last minute goal to Celtic at start of season, I get all of that.

In my memories, that miss against United was the moment that cost us and I have struggled for best part of 36 years to get over it. I can't. It was a shit half hit effort and more than any missed penalty, even the shoot out ones v Celtic in final, it's the penalty I most regret us missing.

Others see the record appearances, o just keep seeing Billy Thomson saving that penalty.

Harsh?

It's utterly moronic.

colinmaroon
17 hours ago, Boris said:

I was never Mackay's biggest fan, but your diatribe above is nonsense.

Utter nonsense.

Par for the course.

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No idea. 

Me neither.

Sort of a "sliding doors" moment.  Had Stendel kept us up, he would have been in charge following season I would imagine and then who knows?

If he had been fired, we avoided demotion, who would we have brought in?

But we are where we are and at the moment it's a good place to be.

Nookie Bear
17 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Worse post on the Internet. 

I'm not even a big  fan of Gary Mackay but that is absolute shite. 

Read on...

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Read on...

😂😂😂

👏

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

:cornette:

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You seem confused! 

Incorrect again Bazza, I'm absolutely clear about it all. Your suggestion that the post you quoted was the "worst post on the internet" was wrong. That's all. My second post was my thoughts on GM. Not difficult for the clear of thinking. Keep off the green Baza it appears to addling you braincells. 

i wish jj was my dad
21 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

One missed penalty in January in a season of 36 games - most of which he was outstanding? And it's his fault we lost the league? That's on on par with the shite Gary spouts about Levein being ill at Dens. 

And in the context of 17 years of sterling service service too. 

Gie yersel a shake. You and Gary share the same level of bitterness that is for sure. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Incorrect again Bazza, I'm absolutely clear about it all. Your suggestion that the post you quoted was the "worst post on the internet" was wrong. That's all. My second post was my thoughts on GM. Not difficult for the clear of thinking. Keep off the green Baza it appears to addling you braincells. 

Taking my "worse post of  the Internet" comment litterally, then telling me my brain cells are addled. 

Here, have 2 of these... 

:phface::phface:

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

One missed penalty in January in a season of 36 games - most of which he was outstanding? And it's his fault we lost the league? That's on on par with the shite Gary spouts about Levein being ill at Dens. 

And in the context of 17 years of sterling service service too. 

Gie yersel a shake. You and Gary share the same level of bitterness that is for sure. 

It's right up there with Bob won the cup for hibs. 

Seymour M Hersh
26 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Taking my "worse post of  the Internet" comment litterally, then telling me my brain cells are addled. 

Here, have 2 of these... 

:phface::phface:

So your now going down the "ironic post" chat to deflect are you? Fair enough. 

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So your now going down the "ironic post" chat to deflect are you? Fair enough. 

Aye, I'll admit a Gary Mackay post isn't the worse thing on the Internet. 

I'm sorry ( In more way than one) that it confused you and you taken it literally. 

I do sometimes forget the bandwidth of the audience, that's on me. 

Boyces beard
21 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Gary Mackay isn't a Hearts legend. He played most games but was instantly forgettable in vast majority. Not even a one club player, the only reason he stuck around so long was no-one else wanted him until Airdrie came along.

Decent club servant but not legend.

What a pile of shite.

:facepalm:

No player has played more times for Hearts than Gary Mackay.  That entitles him to legend status.  What he spouts in the name of opinion is completely separate from his playing record.  

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbh, More players should have called out a shite manager that made us even worse. 

I've always thought the mistake with Stendel was a repeat of the mistake with Cathro, but in a more perilous position in the league. They were both brought in halfway through a season and and allowed to change too much, too quickly. In fact the Stendel error was worse as there were hardly any funds available for him to enact changes. The club's hierarchy was at fault for both IMHO.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

I've always thought the mistake with Stendel was a repeat of the mistake with Cathro, but in a more perilous position in the league. They were both brought in halfway through a season and and allowed to change too much, too quickly. In fact the Stendel error was worse as there were hardly any funds available for him to enact changes. The club's hierarchy was at fault for both IMHO.

Bit truth there. 

But any manager worth his salt won't join a club were they can't make changes or are dicted too, it's up to them to read the situation and adapt. 

If you are going to continue as is no point in sacking the original manager or bringing in a permanent one. 

Cathro and Stendel also brought in their own players, most were shite. That is overlooked, especially with Stendel. 

Cathro also learned and went back to a coaching role, Stendel done the same again and bottomed out-again. 

tartofmidlothian

Berra was a great servant to us the first time, and a great servant the second time who came back home when he was bound to have had other better offers. His injury against Celtic was the beginning of a slow decline though, and the fans and Stendel realised before he did.

No axe to grind with him, he wasn't the only poor player we had then.

I appreciate you are maybe fishing for Bongo but with the same logic we should've kept Glen Wheelan and not dropped butter hands in goals.  It should hopefully be obvious how stupid such reasoning is.

I appreciate you are maybe fishing for Bongo but with the same logic we should've kept Glen Wheelan and not dropped butter hands in goals.  It should hopefully be obvious how stupid such reasoning is.

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Bit truth there. 

But any manager worth his salt won't join a club were they can't make changes or are dicted too, it's up to them to read the situation and adapt. 

If you are going to continue as is no point in sacking the original manager or bringing in a permanent one. 

Cathro and Stendel also brought in their own players, most were shite. That is overlooked, especially with Stendel. 

Cathro also learned and went back to a coaching role, Stendel done the same again and bottomed out-again. 

Of course changes were necessary when Stendel came in (not so much Cahtro). I get the feeling that Cathro had big ideas, but the Board failed to recognise that talk of plans and enacting them are 2 very different thi

ngs. and indeed require different skills. Stendel was a bit of a diet Klopp except Klopp knew about "evloution not revolution" from the Management 101 handbook...

I always think it is interesting to look at ex-players who become managers and how what their position was as a player is often indicative of how they will want their team to play.  

- Goalkeepers seldom show any interest in management and when they do seem to be the worst ones

- CBs are stolid and defensive, happy to get any result which involves a clean sheet. You think they'll be great managers, and some are but many turn out to have been better team captains than they are managers. If they don't win trophies fans grow to dislike them as the football is a bit dull.

- FBs are a bit more balanced between attack and defence but tend a little bit more towards defence than attack.

- Midfielders tend to get a lot of the management roles, but have patchy careers as managers, often excelling at one club then failing when brought over to the next. Constant reset.

- Strikers are too gung-ho and produce an entertaining team which loses too often. They don't adapt. Hibs should always just  be done with it and employ ex-strikers...

- Wingers are mavericks who like midfielders are inconsistent as managers, much as they often are as young wingers.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Whelan was probably still better than than the hopeless 2 brought In by Stendel tho. 

If you're gonna just bin players you really need to get the team going to justify it. 

No point in binning players and taking the team to the bottom of the league 

🤷‍♂️

Tbh, It's the opposite of what you want to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Whelan was probably still better than than the hopeless 2 brought In by Stendel tho. 

If you're gonna just bin players you really need to get the team going to justify it. 

No point in binning players and taking the team to the bottom of the league 

🤷‍♂️

Tbh, It's the opposite of what you want to happen. 

I think Whelan was a cancer which needed immediate surgery. The type of guy that wheedles his way to popularity in the squad by slagging the boss behind his back. Berra wasn't the same but his captaincy was non-existent. The type of captain who was quiet and effective when leading by example but if the performances weren't there he was a chocolate fireguard...

The January signings were poor, but I don't think Stendel was given any funds. I doubt binning Whelan freed up his wage - we likely paid up his contract. That is a signal of a divisive character...

Bunny Munro
6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I've already had this conversation with you and you choose to ignore the fact that our results inproved without Berra. 

We earned, in average, more points per game Berra did not play. Simple. 

Yes, we went from 11th, to 12th. That does not mean we got worse. It means we didn't improve as much as Hamilton improved. 

The simple fact is we got better when Berra was out the team.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, I'll admit a Gary Mackay post isn't the worse thing on the Internet. 

I'm sorry ( In more way than one) that it confused you and you taken it literally. 

I do sometimes forget the bandwidth of the audience, that's on me. 

You don't read very well do you? Must be the drug addled brain! I was never confused by your ramblings just pointed out it was wrong. Your admission in bold is the only sensible part of your post. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I've already had this conversation with you and you choose to ignore the fact that our results inproved without Berra. 

We earned, in average, more points per game Berra did not play. Simple. 

Yes, we went from 11th, to 12th. That does not mean we got worse. It means we didn't improve as much as Hamilton improved. 

The simple fact is we got better when Berra was out the team.

Aye, results improved but we dropped to bottom and 4 points adrift of bottom. 

Tremendous improvement, this  must have been what caught the eye of his next club. 

Nancy seen a similar type of improvement as well. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You don't read very well do you? Must be the drug addled brain! I was never confused by your ramblings just pointed out it was wrong. Your admission in bold is the only sensible part of your post. 

Sacracasm and   the use of  exaggeration not your strong point then. 

Hope you don't take everything so Litteral, can only imagine the state you get in when a player scores a thundeous goal or it's raining cats and dogs. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tremendous improvement, this  must have been what caught the eye of his next club. 

Bigger than Brechin I suppose. 

Pasquale for King

Great defender but was poor in the two cup finals he played in.

Still seems to harbour a grudge against the club and maybe the manager, hasn’t exactly been impartial in his commentary of our games. 

Bunny Munro
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'm not defending Stendel. 

I'm just saying that dropping Berra proved a correct decision and results improved when he was dropped.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

I'm not defending Stendel. 

I'm just saying that dropping Berra proved a correct decision and results improved when he was dropped.

Aye, hopefully we improve results in the same way next season. 

Be banging. 

Smoked-Glass
On 10/06/2022 at 10:14, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Why couldn't stendel drop poppadom hands?

Any idiot could see he wasn't up to the job...and a lampost would have been.

16 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Why couldn't stendel drop poppadom hands?

Any idiot could see he wasn't up to the job...and a lampost would have been.

The alternative was Zlamal and we probably had to play poppadom hands for a certain number of games as part of the loan deal.

Smoked-Glass
15 minutes ago, briever said:

The alternative was Zlamal and we probably had to play poppadom hands for a certain number of games as part of the loan deal.

Zamal was fine

1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Zamal was fine

He was dugshite too and a horrible human.

Edited by briever

Having Marvin Bartley on as a pundit is one of many reasons i don't watch sportscene. 

"Thommo" and Michael Stewart tit for tat biccaring. 

JonathanSutherlandsrapidsentances that even    tually       slowwwww downnn     

For

An 

Hour

Before

Finishinggg.

Less said about Leighann Crighton the better.

Kenny Miller, Iwelumo, 

Liam McLeods school boy pantomime commentary.  Screaming "this is the stuff of dreams for Motherwell" when they equalise against the likes of Dundee. Grow up

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

This is where I'm at

🤣🤣🤣

She looks a "sort". 

I'd let her peg me. 

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

🤣🤣🤣

She looks a "sort". 

I'd let her peg me. 

You just know there's a wild side hidden away. Ping pong peg 

On 10/06/2022 at 11:29, Malinga the Swinga said:

:tlj:
36 years ?

On 10/06/2022 at 12:02, Bazzas right boot said:

It's right up there with Bob won the cup for hibs. 

Nothing to do with Bob.

It was you, Tosh !

It was you all along !

6600877D-10CD-47B2-9214-0A2CDCA26273.webp

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

You just know there's a wild side hidden away. Ping pong peg 

:yas:

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Boab said:

Nothing to do with Bob.

It was you, Tosh !

It was you all along !

6600877D-10CD-47B2-9214-0A2CDCA26273.webp

I am David Gray. 

7 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Having Marvin Bartley on as a pundit is one of many reasons i don't watch sportscene. 

"Thommo" and Michael Stewart tit for tat biccaring. 

JonathanSutherlandsrapidsentances that even    tually       slowwwww downnn     

For

An 

Hour

Before

Finishinggg.

Less said about Leighann Crighton the better.

Kenny Miller, Iwelumo, 

Liam McLeods school boy pantomime commentary.  Screaming "this is the stuff of dreams for Motherwell" when they equalise against the likes of Dundee. Grow up

Barclay or Iwelumo

Kerr or Crichton

Foster or Miller

Donnelly or Maloney

McCann or Stewart

Pundits selected by numbers.

On 09/06/2022 at 15:32, Malinga the Swinga said:

Gary Mackay isn't a Hearts legend. He played most games but was instantly forgettable in vast majority. Not even a one club player, the only reason he stuck around so long was no-one else wanted him until Airdrie came along.

Decent club servant but not legend.

Bollocks. Mackay gave his all whenever he played. Contributed a lot from midfield, at least he could get the ball into the opposition box more than the present midfield seems to be able to do. Cared about Hearts and still does. Played over 700 games, not constantly injured like a few of the current midfielders. A legend in my book.