National rail strikes planned by RMT

IronJambo

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

If that's a reference to Starmer, no he doesn't have those characteristics but isn't effective either

It wasn't a reference to Starmer, but sometimes boring can be best.  We've been on a track towards presidential government, at least since Blair, primarily driven by all forms of the media.

If we wish to dispense with the monarchy, then I could live with a president, but at least he/she will be elected specifically to that role.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronJambo

• ri Alban

• Ked

• The Real Maroonblood

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh I've noticed their hypocrisy.  Just didn't comment. 

The Union accepted 5% up here, James. There's only strikes up here because the signal staff are RMT and aren't on £50k a year. And it's fun putting a spoon in when Jake/Ked/Zlatanable is about. Nothing to do with the Scottish Government. But if you want to drag them into this, they acted and offered 5%, which was accepted. They only have recently nationalised the railway, so give them a chance to feck it up, before we all jump in. 👍

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

So now the chief exec of Birmingham Airport has awarded himself a 49% pay rise.

Increasing his annual salary from £399k to £595k.

Any gimps on here willing to try and defend that?

They also got over 13M during the pandemic to stay afloat from govt. I can see a strike at Birmingham airport due to this

fabienleclerq
12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Amazing how easy people are with other people losing their jobs.

5 hours ago, Ked said:

Screenshot_20220624-105723_Chrome.jpg

Belter🤣

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

. They only have recently nationalised the railway, so give them a chance to feck it up, before we all jump in. 👍

They've been pulling the strings for ages.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Norm said:

They must think we button up the back. A 49% pay rise for the CEO. Unbelievable. 

Watch question time . It seems plenty are . Incredible really . Stockholm syndrome comes to mind 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Watch question time . It seems plenty are . Incredible really . Stockholm syndrome comes to mind 

The powers that be have done a great job in convincing the middle classes that they're closer to the rich than the poor, so when the left start talking about raising taxes, the middles class panic and think they're coming for them. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Norm said:

The powers that be have done a great job in convincing the middle classes that they're closer to the rich than the poor, so when the left start talking about raising taxes, the middles class panic and think they're coming for them. 

Yep . Greedy selfish b****** 

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I was completely serious earlier on about thinking that Indy is the only way out of this horrendous mess, after I watched " Question time".. How the deck do you get through to those cretins in the audience.  The answer is you cant it seems. So whats the alternative. ? 

Britain looks lost to me. We’ve all enjoyed Lynch spearing these public schoolboys but he’d be destroyed by British colonial media. I hate when anyone quotes the mail or express as these scum papers are nothing more than attack dogs to keep said public schoolboys ruling us. 
Wouldve been interesting if Lynch hadn’t admitted James Connolly was his political hero and the likes of the Mail got in there first tbh. 

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Britain looks lost to me. We’ve all enjoyed Lynch spearing these public schoolboys but he’d be destroyed by British colonial media. I hate when anyone quotes the mail or express as these scum papers are nothing more than attack dogs to keep said public schoolboys ruling us. 
Wouldve been interesting if Lynch hadn’t admitted James Connolly was his political hero and the likes of the Mail got in there first tbh. 

Brilliant description, that sums it up precisely.

Unfortunately, many of those that read the aforementioned rags actually believe what they read. Some, because they themselves are thick as mince and some because what they read, aligns perfectly with their own political views - therefore giving some ‘validity’ to those views.

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

He's probably got the Hamas emblem tatooed on one arse cheek and Yasser Arafat tatooed on the other, tbf. 

These terrorist sympathising commie *******s are all the same. 

**** him. 

il Duce McTarkin
4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep . Greedy selfish b****** 

Not got a pot to piss in type post imo. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

He's probably got the Hamas emblem tatooed on one arse cheek and Yasser Arafat tatooed on the other, tbf. 

These terrorist sympathising commie *******s are all the same. 

**** him. 

Just now, Dirk McClaymore said:

Somebody’s found an offy oor yonder type posts imo…😐

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Somebody’s found an offy oor yonder type posts imo…😐

If only. Managed a beer delivery a couple of days ago but tested early doors tomorrow so it's a no go for the forseeable future. 

Watching England ladies giving the Netherlands a good reaming. 

Jockettes did well earlier too. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Dirk McClaymore said:

Watching England ladies giving the Netherlands a good reaming. 

Jockettes did well earlier too. 

Sounds good.
The devil finds work for idle hands neebs😀

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Oh I’m out the night with a couple

” burds” currently speaking to couple of Switz oddballs 

jack D and coke
42 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh I’m out the night with a couple

” burds” currently speaking to couple of Switz oddballs 

Some guys have all the luck😕

il Duce McTarkin
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Some gays have all the luck😕

True. 

Jealous tbh. :(

Edited by Dirk McClaymore

11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The Union accepted 5% up here, James. There's only strikes up here because the signal staff are RMT and aren't on £50k a year. And it's fun putting a spoon in when Jake/Ked/Zlatanable is about. Nothing to do with the Scottish Government. But if you want to drag them into this, they acted and offered 5%, which was accepted. They only have recently nationalised the railway, so give them a chance to feck it up, before we all jump in. 👍

Failing to see how the posts below would wind me up.

Can't speak for the other two you have mentioned though.

Screenshot_20220625-022026_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ked

10 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

They've been pulling the strings for ages.

Half heartedly. Maybe we'll see what can really be done. Especially prices as they are bang out of order for the service on offer. 

Personally I'd much more income tax if all services across Scotland were better.

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Half heartedly. Maybe we'll see what can really be done. Especially prices as they are bang out of order for the service on offer. 

Personally I'd much more income tax if all services across Scotland were better.

I think folk like to moan, the actual service is Scotland is pretty good imo. The improvement needs to be in infrastructure and the rolling stock. Once the timetable is full is actually a good service. 

Piers Morgan is slavering clown. The patter about Mick Lynch's thunderbird picture is chronic.  

He really is journalism of highest order, well is something of the highest order.

Harry Potter
49 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Piers Morgan is slavering clown. The patter about Mick Lynch's thunderbird picture is chronic.  

He really is journalism of highest order, well is something of the highest order.

He comes across as Mr perfect, never made a mistake in his life, theres no such person.

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

He comes across as Mr perfect, never made a mistake in his life, theres no such person.

He just shouts over everyone and Mick lynch handled him well.

There are loads more strikes coming soon across multiple industries.  

Im glad Im in a union and my representatives are fighting to get us FAIR pay and benefits. 

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Im glad Im in a union and my representatives are fighting to get us FAIR pay and benefits. 

Just get ready for the “Commie” catcalls and the moans and groans of your non-union colleagues who feel they won’t get the same treatment from their employers. Whilst simultaneously failing to recognise that the T’s & C’s they also currently enjoy were largely won by errrrrr………..trades unions.

The Mighty Thor
43 minutes ago, Shanks said:

This

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

General Strike on its way.

And this.

It's going to be some Summer and Autumn. 

manaliveits105

Yes because after Brexit, Covid and cost of living crisis we could really do with lots of strikes to cheer us up 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

This

And this.

It's going to be some Summer and Autumn. 

Something needs to be done about the price of living. And the rich need to stop take, take, taking. Investment doesn't mean you have the right to take money out of the workers pockets. 

46 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Just get ready for the “Commie” catcalls and the moans and groans of your non-union colleagues who feel they won’t get the same treatment from their employers. Whilst simultaneously failing to recognise that the T’s & C’s they also currently enjoy were largely won by errrrrr………..trades unions.

Met plenty like that. Arseholes !
They don't like it when you suggest they negotiate their own wage rises if they are against unions so much !

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yes because after Brexit, Covid and cost of living crisis we could really do with lots of strikes to cheer us up 

Interesting that you highlight 3 things the Tories had total control over and subsequently made an absolute Helen Hunt of. 

I hope the country grinds to  standstill and this mob are launched. 

8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

All self inflicted by morons who are selfish and too late to act . Brexit negotiated by halfwits, Covid response lead to high infection and a heavy death toll and national debt. And the price of living can be lessened by putting the cap back on energy companies and tax the life out of them.  

Aye, but blame the folk who do all the carrying, looking for a rise , so they can live life not work for nothing.

Edited by ri Alban

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Met plenty like that. Arseholes !
They don't like it when you suggest they negotiate their own wage rises if they are against unions so much !

And sick pay and holiday pay and maternity pay and the 5 day week etc etc. 

There's plenty of these types in life. 

Arseholes to a man. 

41 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And sick pay and holiday pay and maternity pay and the 5 day week etc etc. 

There's plenty of these types in life. 

Arseholes to a man. 

Correct.

I'm not even joking ! Let them negotiate their own contracts. 

WorldChampions1902
18 minutes ago, Boab said:

Correct.

I'm not even joking ! Let them negotiate their own contracts. 

But more importantly, what these a-holes fail to see is that by joining a TU, the increased membership numbers give the TU much more leverage to negotiate better/fairer T’s & C’s for all - it’s a win-win.

Thatcher’s got a lot to answer for, but at least she doesn’t have to worry about her heating bills.

maroondevo52

Royal Mail Group (Including Fleet and Parcelforce) ballot papers going out on Tuesday 28th June after rejecting a 2% increase on basic pay. An unagreed 2% increase will be implemented by Royal Mail on 1st July 2022.

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

General Strike on its way.

Lots of folk not protected by a union i would imagine, so taking action is not an option

Are agency staff covered by a union, doubt it.

Edited by Harry Potter

40 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

Royal Mail Group (Including Fleet and Parcelforce) ballot papers going out on Tuesday 28th June after rejecting a 2% increase on basic pay. An unagreed 2% increase will be implemented by Royal Mail on 1st July 2022.

Royal Mail is a private company is it not?  Who could resolve their dispute other than Royal Mail?

maroondevo52
17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Royal Mail is a private company is it not?  Who could resolve their dispute other than Royal Mail?

Royal Mail have not resolved the dispute, the employees union the CWU have rejected the 2% offer so are to ballot for strike action, Royal Mail have implemented the 2% increase hoping to avoid any sort of industrial action.

dobmisterdobster

Let the postal workers strike. Then private couriers can take even more of Royal Mail's marketshare.

maroondevo52
25 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Sorry should have worded my post better.

manaliveits105
24 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Get down with the comrades - it’s the bloody toaaaaries !!! :yadayada:

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Lots of folk not protected by a union i would imagine, so taking action is not an option

Are agency staff covered by a union, doubt it.

Yes they can be. Servest staff (cleaners) are contracted by GWR and they're covered by RMT. The unions done a lot of fighting for them as well. They're currently in the balloting process.

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Let the postal workers strike. Then private couriers can take even more of Royal Mail's marketshare.

Thats the spirit 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Thats the spirit 

I wouldn’t have expected anything less from that poster.

dobmisterdobster
22 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Royal Mail delivering for the people of Britain. Literally

Along with Amazon, DHL, Yodel, UPS, DPD, Hermes, FedEx etc