• ri Alban

• Ked

• The Real Maroonblood

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

TOC?

National. Pretty much all of them. I'll post the list when I find it 

Just now, IronJambo said:

i was meaning what does TOC stand for? from your post i assume train operating companies?

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-launch-3-days-of-national-train-strike-action/

RMT Press Office:

Rail union RMT launch 3 days of national strike action across the railway network.

Over 50,000 railway workers will walkout as part of 3 days of national strike action later this month, in the biggest dispute on the network since 1989.

The union will shut down the country's railway network on 21st, 23rd and 25th June, due to the inability of the rail employers to come to a negotiated settlement with RMT.

Network Rail and the train operating companies have subjected their staff to multiyear pay freezes and plan to cut thousands of jobs which will make the railways unsafe.

Despite intense talks with the rail bosses, RMT has not been able to secure a pay proposal nor a guarantee of no compulsory redundancies.

In a separate dispute over pensions and job losses, London Underground RMT members will take strike action on June 21st.

RMT general secretary Mick Lynch said: "Railway workers have been treated appallingly and despite our best efforts in negotiations, the rail industry with the support of the government has failed to take their concerns seriously.

"We have a cost-of-living crisis, and it is unacceptable for railway workers to either lose their jobs or face another year of a pay freeze when inflation is at 11.1pc and rising.

"Our union will now embark on a sustained campaign of industrial action which will shut down the railway system.

"Rail companies are making at least £500m a year in profits, whilst fat cat rail bosses have been paid millions during the Covid-19 pandemic.

"This unfairness is fuelling our members anger and their determination to win a fair settlement.

"RMT is open to meaningful negotiations with rail bosses and ministers, but they will need to come up with new proposals to prevent months of disruption on our railways."

END

Notes:

On June 21st, over 50,000 railway workers will walk out. This includes Network Rail, 13 train operating companies and London Underground.

On June 23rd and 25th, up to 40,000 workers will walk out. This includes Network Rail and 13 train operating companies.

The action by RMT will affect the national railway network for the entire week where the 3 days of action have been called.

Just now, milky_26 said:

i was meaning what does TOC stand for? from your post i assume train operating companies?

👍

John Findlay
15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

TOC?

Stands for Ticket Operating Companies.

Which are Scottrains, LNER, Avanti West Coast, Crosscountry, Lumo, Transpennine etc etc etc

dobmisterdobster
12 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

You said 13 TOCs. There are 22 in the UK. It will be interesting to see the list.

16 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You said 13 TOCs. There are 22 in the UK. It will be interesting to see the list.

They were posted in the Scotrail thread.

All of the following voted for action short of strike/and to strike. Other than GTR who voted for just the former 

I'm not sure what 8 tocs were left out, you'd have to name them for me. MTR crossrail will be one and London Overground will be another (whatevee they come under)

Besides anything, Network Rail will be out which means nobody will be able to do anything anyway.

Chiltern Railways, Cross Country Trains, Greater Anglia, LNER, East Midlands Railway,
c2c, Great Western Railway, Northern Trains, South Eastern Railway, South Western Railway, Island Line, GTR (including Gatwick Express), Transpennine Express, Avanti West Coast, West Midlands Train.

Edited by IronJambo

I'm sure Arsehole Patel is rushing through new laws to make strikes illegal.

And ordering lots of new police horses.

dobmisterdobster
4 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

They were posted in the Scotrail thread.

All of the following voted for accession short of strike/and to strike. Other than GTR who voted for just the former 

I'm not sure what 8 tocs were left out, you'd have to name them for me. MTR crossrail will be one and London Overground will be another (whatevee they come under)

Besides anything, Network Rail will be out which means nobody will be able to do anything anyway.

Chiltern Railways, Cross Country Trains, Greater Anglia, LNER, East Midlands Railway,
c2c, Great Western Railway, Northern Trains, South Eastern Railway, South Western Railway, Island Line, GTR (including Gatwick Express), Transpennine Express, Avanti West Coast, West Midlands Train.

The ones left out must be London Overground, Elizabeth Line, ScotRail, Caledonian Sleeper, Merseyrail, Transport for Wales and Open access operators. 🤔

Scotland unaffected except for infrastructure.

2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The ones left out must be London Overground, Elizabeth Line, ScotRail, Caledonian Sleeper, Merseyrail, Transport for Wales and Open access operators. 🤔

Incorrect. LNER, Avanti West Coast, and Trans Pennine all serve Scotland. Network rail operate the signalling system as well as look after the infrastructure so without them services are very limited anywhere. If this is different in Scotland then I stand corrected.

And yeah, the ones you mention will be about right. The open access ones I'm not sure are classed as tocs in the real sense.

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Cross border trains involving LNER, Crosscountry, Avanti West Coast, and Transpennine will be affected.

If Network Rail signalman in Scotland have voted for strike action, then there will be no trains or very few running on the Scottish network.

Nucky Thompson

Fecking unions :vangry: Bringing the country to a standstill again

Good old Maggie knew how to handle them.

dobmisterdobster
10 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Incorrect. LNER, Avanti West Coast, and Trans Pennine all serve Scotland. Network rail operate the signalling system as well as look after the infrastructure so without them services are very limited anywhere. If this is different in Scotland then I stand corrected.

And yeah, the ones you mention will be about right. The open access ones I'm not sure are classed as tocs in the real sense.

I mean for internal travel. ScotRail serves everywhere except for Lockerbie. But you are right, Network Rail could shut everything down.

17 minutes ago, Cade said:

I'm sure Arsehole Patel is rushing through new laws to make strikes illegal.

And ordering lots of new police horses.

This is a possibility, happened to my occupation some years ago. Gave us powers of Constable, and therefor not recognised as workers. Still wasn't allowed to arrest anyone, still went on strike, still got feck all.

Cairneyhill Jambo
52 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Stands for Ticket Operating Companies.

Which are Scottrains, LNER, Avanti West Coast, Crosscountry, Lumo, Transpennine etc etc etc

It's Train Operating Companies. 

29 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Tbh the way it is just now.most folk won't notice a difference in service 😳

Trains will be gubbed for 6 days

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

It's Train Operating Companies. 

Ticket.

There are companies that operate trains, but do not sell tickets to the public.

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Ticket.

The Rail Delivery Group sells tickets. Train Operating Companies operate the trains.

22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Ticket.

Train Operating Company, not Ticket. Who operates trains but doesn't sell tickets?

John Findlay
1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

Train Operating Company, not Ticket. Who operates trains but doesn't sell tickets?

Freight companies for starters.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Freight companies for starters.

😂😂😂😂😂 You got me there. They sell space on their trains though.

Malinga the Swinga

Good to see union with consideration for their customers who rely on rail for their jobs and income.

Oh wait, the selfish *******s couldn't give a **** if everyone else suffers, as long as their members get to keep their noses in the trough.

Looked after by tax payers throughout lockdown and this is their way of thanking us.

Bunch of greedy *****, led by pro-Russia and anti UK leaders. 

Shooter McGavin
53 minutes ago, Norm said:

Good. Half a billion in profits but can't afford the pay rise? **** them. 

This. 

Train fares are outrageous, the staff get treated like s****, the carriages are usually filthy and meanwhile theres CEO’s making a fortune off the back of it.

Good on them.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good to see union with consideration for their customers who rely on rail for their jobs and income.

Oh wait, the selfish *******s couldn't give a **** if everyone else suffers, as long as their members get to keep their noses in the trough.

Looked after by tax payers throughout lockdown and this is their way of thanking us.

Bunch of greedy *****, led by pro-Russia and anti UK leaders. 

Didn't take you long. I'm pretty sure people will find a way to get to work. There are things called cars and buses.

Malinga the Swinga
33 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This. 

Train fares are outrageous, the staff get treated like s****, the carriages are usually filthy and meanwhile theres CEO’s making a fortune off the back of it.

Good on them.

Treated like shit. Their own union admits their T&C's are good. No need for strikes at such an early stage of negotiation, but the union isn't interested in settling, it's leaders are simply shit stirring.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

Didn't take you long. I'm pretty sure people will find a way to get to work. There are things called cars and buses.

Didn't take you too long. Pretty sure you don't care if your customers are inconvenienced or not.

Hopefully they will find alternative ways and stop using railways altogether. That will enable redundancies to take place as ticket sales already way down.

No need for as many workers if the railways aren't being used.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Treated like shit. Their own union admits their T&C's are good. No need for strikes at such an early stage of negotiation, but the union isn't interested in settling, it's leaders are simply shit stirring.

Early stage? The train companies have been refusing to sit around the table for over two years. Don't let the facts yet in the way of your disgust though. Your man got his vote of confidence today though, you should be happy.

Cairneyhill Jambo
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Ticket.

Google ATOC 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, IronJambo said:

Early stage? The train companies have been refusing to sit around the table for over two years. Don't let the facts yet in the way of your disgust though. Your man got his vote of confidence today though, you should be happy.

Not my man. Boris is a complete clown and a dead man walking.

Deflect away though. You might not have noticed but there's been a pandemic, workers already reducing their use of rail travel, yet your lot are demanding unrealistic wage rises and no redundancies.

Strikes will just drive more people away from using trains and into other ways of transport. Once they do that, they will never come back.

If numbers drop, then requirements for trains will drop and redundancies will follow as not as many trains will run. You can't expect jobs to be maintained if demand not there.

You want jobs maintained, then don't strike and stop customers from going elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not my man. Boris is a complete clown and a dead man walking.

Deflect away though. You might not have noticed but there's been a pandemic, workers already reducing their use of rail travel, yet your lot are demanding unrealistic wage rises and no redundancies.

Strikes will just drive more people away from using trains and into other ways of transport. Once they do that, they will never come back.

If numbers drop, then requirements for trains will drop and redundancies will follow as not as many trains will run. You can't expect jobs to be maintained if demand not there.

You want jobs maintained, then don't strike and stop customers from going elsewhere.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. We haven't been offered any rise whatsoever.

If you've not had a payrise since June 2019 you might have a case to speak like a doormat, otherwise don't think you can tell others that they should accept being treated by utter contempt by their employer.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. We haven't been offered any rise whatsoever.

If you've not had a payrise since June 2019 you might have a case to speak like a doormat, otherwise don't think you can tell others that they should accept being treated by utter contempt by their employer.

You wouldn't know utter contempt by employers if it jumped up and bit you on the backside.

Protected by public purse throughout lockdown, and now looking to screw tax payer for more.

Thanks for nothing. You deserve the contempt the public will hold you in.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You wouldn't know utter contempt by employers if it jumped up and bit you on the backside.

Protected by public purse throughout lockdown, and now looking to screw tax payer for more.

Mostly backed by the public. Not everyone's a tory 😁

36 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

download.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No pay rise in 3 years... it's not unreasonable of them to try and force a better offer. 

Rail travel down 25%.

16 billion of taxpayers money paid into the network to prop it up.

Where   do people suggest the money be taken from to subsidise the wage rise demands?

Because it won't be from any profits.

So health budget?

Education budget?

Or higher taxes .

Right now every UK household subsidises the network with 600 pounds.

Change is needed somewhere.

Malinga the Swinga
32 minutes ago, benny said:

download.jpeg

That's added a lot to debate. Rail use down, subsidies up, yet no redundancies contemplated. 

If drivers not required, striking and cutting services available won't increase demand. People will use other services.

This action could hasten redundancies which is surely counter-productive.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This. 

Good on them.

fare comment

20 minutes ago, Ked said:

Rail travel down 25%.

16 billion of taxpayers money paid into the network to prop it up.

Where   do people suggest the money be taken from to subsidise the wage rise demands?

Because it won't be from any profits.

So health budget?

Education budget?

Or higher taxes .

Right now every UK household subsidises the network with 600 pounds.

Change is needed somewhere.

If the money can't be taken from profits, where are the profits going? 

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, Norm said:

There would be no profit if subsidies and grants weren't given to rail companies.

If they had to depend on fares from customers, personal and freight, they wouldn't survive.

The profit is an illusion of tax payers money.

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

If there are profits why is there 16 billion subsidies?

And if there's been a fall if 25% of usage it doesn't bode well.

Where do those who support ythe strike want the money to pay for it to come from.

Cuts in welfare

Health 

Education 

Or tax rises?