Isle of Man TT

Cade

The White Cockade
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Old men and ladies at a gig. 😁

I've been over there a few times. It's full of grumpy pensioners, bumpkins from bad blood lines and Scousers on the run. They're not a normal lot. 

as "normal" as anywhere else mate

huge mix of people over here and a better community spirit than UK

and we don't have Boris in charge 🤣

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

and we don't have Boris in charge 

I'm flitting there now 😁

The White Cockade
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm flitting there now 😁

weather crap mind!

48 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I would certainly put up with mass death on my doorstep if it meant having the opportunity to see The Darkness. 

:rofl:quite....

57 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

weather crap mind!

But no Boris or Sturgeon. Anyway, the weather can't be as bad as what I'm used to in stornoway. 

The White Cockade
6 minutes ago, superjack said:

But no Boris or Sturgeon. Anyway, the weather can't be as bad as what I'm used to in stornoway. 

yeah hopefully not that bad!

5 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Yeah it’s the question a lot of people ask

The IOM is a pretty quiet place with little in the line of entertainment and not great weather The usually miserable winter lasts from about October to April and there’s not a lot to do 

Suddenly end of May there is 40,000 visitors, pubs and restaurants are heaving there are beer tents and events, Red Arrows displays and concerts This week we have had Madness, Nile Rogers, Becky Hill , the Darkness and a load of others The whole place is busy and buzzing The atmosphere is incredible Even those who aren’t into the racing are out and about every night And of course there is the racing which is amazing and scary and doesn’t happen anywhere else The whole thing has to be seen to be believed It’s like a different planet to normal and it’s depressing when it’s over for another year 

but obviously the downside is also massive Five racers dead this week The argument has always been that they know the risks and they die doing what they love and that’s true but it must be hell for their friends and family

When a red flag is announced they thousands watching just go quiet It’s a horrible feeling 

There has always been a minority who want it stopped and maybe that minority are growing over time 

I live the TT and have marshalled for over 20 years but finding it harder to deal with the deaths and injuries as I get older  It is a live/hate thing

I really don’t know how long it will continue It’s unique. mind blowing and tragic at times 

There is nothing else like it that’s for sure

Fair play mate. Thanks for your reply.

The White Cockade
On 08/06/2022 at 18:53, Daktari said:

To give the benefit of the doubt, the passenger and driver were both badly injured so the one that is currently surviving wouldn't have been able to give a name either. It may have been a simpler case of confused identity (similar leathers, how they were found on/near the bike etc) but the police and Procurator Fiscal in Scotland wouldn't announce a deceased name without DNA positive ID if there were severe injuries and a visual ID couldn't be done. Sounds like the organisers maybe announced it based on lesser evidence and it has only just come to light. I'd expect a review of procedures to follow...

Need released now that the two sidecar guys had swapped dog tags which was all they had to identify them 

Seemingly it was a tradition with them to do that 

1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

Need released now that the two sidecar guys had swapped dog tags which was all they had to identify them 

Seemingly it was a tradition with them to do that 

I love watching the TT but how messed up is it that a sport has competitors wearing dog tags.