Johnson confidence vote is on

Geoff Kilpatrick

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Penny for my thoughts x 

That is an exorbitant price for what's on offer.

:qqb006:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

manaliveits105
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

Oh you !

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This snivelling little gimp will 100% come out and publicly defend Boris.

If ever a man who walked the earth needed a burst mooth it’s that nonce. 

Some arsehole MP trying to compare 59% in a confidence vote to his 51% vote in the leadership contest.  

:cornette:

Seymour M Hersh
26 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Blackford enjoying himself tonight... 

Stuffing his face then?

il Duce McTarkin
15 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Rees Mogg…

795459F2-6668-4E5A-81C5-F0CC781CD6E8.jpeg

662C667B-AE55-4979-B14D-2A562C7DFCFB.jpeg

B2FCFDE8-66E5-4D45-B12C-1B5C4D38F067.jpeg

D739BC4C-5109-47FE-AC78-19064E0E7614.jpeg

:rofl:

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

"They are a bunch of lying snakes. I don’t trust anything they say".

Its hard to know if thats a voter talking .... or a Tory MP who voted against  BoJo..... or BoJo himself.😃

WorldChampions1902
30 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Penny for my thoughts x 

Thoughts and prayers for you at this difficult time. Stay safe.

49 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Which deficit would this be?

And how does it compare to the UK'S 300+ billion deficit? By my calculations if it's lower than 24b they're doing better than Westminster.

Anyway, Scotland can't spend more than we get, so which deficit?

The institute of fiscal studies answers the deficit issue for you. It's all very clear really. Scotland can't spend more than it gets?  Are you serious??? 😂

Want to address the higher tax burden we have to shoulder in Scotland due to an snp government that have the temerity to mismanage Scotlands finances yet somehow lay the blame at Westminster then put the burden on its citizens? 

Or are you selectively addressing the argument you want to and ignoring what you can't answer as most snp supporters do? 

Roxy Hearts
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Dorries thinks "we're at war with ukraine"

49 secs

What a mixture. Nutter and pished! 

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

The institute of fiscal studies answers the deficit issue for you. It's all very clear really. Scotland can't spend more than it gets?  Are you serious??? 😂

Want to address the higher tax burden we have to shoulder in Scotland due to an snp government that have the temerity to mismanage Scotlands finances yet somehow lay the blame at Westminster then put the burden on its citizens? 

Or are you selectively addressing the argument you want to and ignoring what you can't answer as most snp supporters do? 

Yes I'm deadly serious, Scotland can't borrow so isn't able to spend more than it gets. So which deficit?

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, Aaron78 said:

And yet she continues to bite the hand that feeds her and still runs up a huge annual budget deficit. 

She should concentrate on balancing Scotland's books which she is unable to do despite the extra funds from the UK treasury while also placing a higher tax burden on our own average families with absolute nothing to show for it. 

Any public with a modicum of independent and critical thinking would be asking her to justify her policies but unfortunately too many are blinded by her nationalist rhetoric and will follow her at any cost while others foot the bill... 

What an extremely naive post! 

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

180 votes would force him out. As someone said, 50% plus one.

When it happened to Teresa May, she was nowhere near the 50% (200 v 117) but it was enough of a doing to convince her the game was up. ****s like Gove, Mogg, Johnson & co circling and conspiring against her; I never blamed her for bugging out, except for the fact that it left the field clear for Johnson.

Apparently he's gone on record today to say that even if Johnson survives by one vote it will be enough. When his previous comment (that a third of the MPs voting against her meant that May should go) was brought up, he said that he'd reflected on that and realised he'd been wrong. I strongly doubt, despite his strong Catholic beliefs, he made an apology to May for this error which helped to see her on her way. Effing nasty piece of work.

Indeed he is, like a lot of tories and religious folk.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Especially with the UK currently running an actual enormous deficit of £900m a day.

jack D and coke
Just now, Smithee said:

Especially with the UK currently running an actual enormous deficit of £900m a day.

Virtually none of it Englands though😐

Geoff Kilpatrick

The Tory grandees used to have a quiet word and leave the metaphorical whiskey and revolver with the PM to do "the right thing".

With Johnson, who knows? He's Trump-like in the sense that conventions seem to hold no truck with him. The Tories will get smashed in the two forthcoming by-elections and he still won't get the message that he isn't wanted.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Yes I'm deadly serious, Scotland can't borrow so isn't able to spend more than it gets. So which deficit?

You're at it. Otherwise you don't understand how national economies work. Are you seriously saying Scotland can't spend money that isn't in its bank account 😂😂

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Easy to comment, harder to justify.... Feel free to do so.. 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Aaron78 said:

You're at it. Otherwise you don't understand how national economies work. Are you seriously saying Scotland can't spend money that isn't in its bank account 😂😂

Aaron, have ever read up on central banks and bonds and gilts? Maybe include QE seeing as it’s the main problem why your pay pa ket is 10% less than it was last year. 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Scotland isn’t independent…

Youll need to explain…

Space Mackerel
8 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Heres a wee film for you just so you know it really does grow on trees. Or in this case, the trees are banks computers.

4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Aaron, have ever read up on central banks and bonds and gilts? Maybe include QE seeing as it’s the main problem why your pay pa ket is 10% less than it was last year. 

I've worked in financial services for 20 years so I'm very well versed in how central banks work. Maybe you can explain to me how my own individual pay packet has been impacted with you having absolutely no knowledge of that? 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Scotland isn’t independent…

Youll need to explain…

I didnt say it was. What's your point? 

Space Mackerel

I've worked in financial services for 20 years so I'm very well versed in how central banks work. Maybe you can explain to me how my own individual pay packet has been impacted with you having absolutely no knowledge of that? 

Inflation is at 9-10% so unless you don’t live here then it won’t affect you. You do live here don’t you?

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Heres a wee film for you just so you know it really does grow on trees. Or in this case, the trees are banks computers.

😂😂😂 If all else fails link to some random pish.... 

Space Mackerel
Just now, Aaron78 said:

😂😂😂 If all else fails link to some random pish.... 

But you work in financial services and understand central banks. 

So it must be random pish right enough. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

I didnt say it was. What's your point? 

Well you’ve went on about the SG running up a deficit for starters. That can’t happen with the current setup. The deficit is part of Scotland being in the uk and all its liabilities. Deficits are also very normal. 
Neither can the SG spend money out with the block grant. I believe they have limited borrowing powers but it’s not like being Ireland foe example. We’re don’t have extensive borrowing powers…I don’t think anyway. Maybe you can correct me. 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Inflation is at 9-10% so unless you don’t live here then it won’t affect you. You do live here don’t you?

So is my pay packet 10 percent less than last year or not? Or are you just making up figures to support.uour flawed argument? 

3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

But you work in financial services and understand central banks. 

So it must be random pish right enough. 

I do alright. I know when I'm dealing with experts or blow hards 😉

Space Mackerel
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Well you’ve went on about the SG running up a deficit for starters. That can’t happen with the current setup. The deficit is part of Scotland being in the uk and all its liabilities. Deficits are also very normal. 
Neither can the SG spend money out with the block grant. I believe they have limited borrowing powers but it’s not like being Ireland foe example. We’re very limited. 

That’s random pish JDn C. Remember, Aaron has his his fingers on the FTSE all day deciding shares and futures and derivatives from his mansion in Bel Air. . 😁😁😁

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

So is my pay packet 10 percent less than last year or not? Or are you just making up figures to support.uour flawed argument? 

“I work in financial services but do not understand what inflation is”

Keep going, this is going to get goooooooood! 😁

jack D and coke

That’s random pish JDn C. Remember, Aaron has his his fingers on the FTSE all day deciding shares and futures and derivatives from his mansion in Bel Air. . 😁😁😁

I’m not going to claim I know it all either but he seems to be punching smoke here…🥊

If he puts me right though then fair enough. 

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

I do alright. I know when I'm dealing with experts or blow hards 😉

Owns a 2nd hand 2015 Corsa handmedoon from big sis type post? 

“I work in financial services but do not understand what inflation is”

Keep going, this is going to get goooooooood! 😁

'inflation is the only thing that impacts salaries....' 

Hmmm... 

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Owns a 2nd hand 2015 Corsa handmedoon from big sis type post? 

Is there a correlation between the car someone drives and their knowledge of a totally unrelated subject? 

Space Mackerel

'inflation is the only thing that impacts salaries....' 

Hmmm... 

Aaron, you don’t know diddly squat about financial services, government borrowing or central banking do you? The whole subject is completely alien to you. Eh? 

12 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I didnt say that, but I presume making up fake arguments makes you feel like you've won a discussion that didn't take place. Pathetic. 

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Is there a correlation between the car someone drives and their knowledge of a totally unrelated subject? 

206 thousand views, looks like you’re the last to know. Enjoy. It’s in baby language. 

6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Aaron, you don’t know diddly squat about financial services, government borrowing or central banking do you? The whole subject is completely alien to you. Eh? 

You're stretching now.....just throwing out insults to try and save face. 

Space Mackerel
Just now, Aaron78 said:

You're stretching now.....just throwing out insults to try and save face. 

Given you some watching material about global finance and central banking. Up to you if you watch it or not. 

You might learn something. 

11 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

206 thousand views, looks like you’re the last to know. Enjoy. It’s in baby language. 

Fancy answering the question? I've seen YouTube videos of a monkey scratching it's butt and sniffing it's fingers that ended up with significantly more than 206k views so I'm not sure what you've posted justifies your argument. 

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree tbh. And while I respect anyone's view I'm going to have to maintain that I disagree with yours.