Johnson confidence vote is on

Geoff Kilpatrick

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Society generally need a more collective attitude. The Tories will never generate that or even try to

:spoton:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

loads and loads of people - who are well off, have plenty of cash and therefore don’t need to prioritise social issues. The fact is that if you have money (and it doesn’t need to be huge amounts)

This. 

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The following is not my attitude, just to be clear. But…for all the talk of the cost of living crisis, which is very real, there are plenty of people in England - loads and loads of people - who are well off, have plenty of cash and therefore don’t need to prioritise social issues. The fact is that if you have money (and it doesn’t need to be huge amounts) the Conservative party tend to be the party who let you keep most of it. It’s a horribly selfish and cynical way to think but it explains voting patterns I think. It’s easy to assume that everyone is skint and angry but actually, plenty of people are doing just fine thank you.

Society generally need a more collective attitude. The Tories will never generate that or even try to

Yep, far more interested in division to keep folk in their place, literally powerless to affect  the distribution of wealth/prosperity.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
54 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

In what way is it worse? Being 'worse' than FPTP takes some doing.

I don't disagree with your last sentence.

Because AV can produce even more extreme results in seat to vote than FPTP.

For all the talk about the crossbench in the Aussie election, 90% of seats went to Labor or Liberal with a combined first preference vote of around 67%. That is shite.

15 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

You are making a mistake by taking that attention-seeking hypocrite seriously pal. 

I like Jonesy, he's usually a good lad, but this xenophobic pish gets on my tits. My wife is Canadian and she understands the point I'm making. It's only a point. 

Anyway bud. 👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Yep, far more interested in division to keep folk in their place, literally powerless to affect  the distribution of wealth/prosperity.  

The Tories’ mindset is that if you’ve fallen on hard times, you should try doing what more successful people have done. That basically, they’ve worked hard and you haven’t and if people weren’t feckless, they wouldn’t get into difficulties. So tough luck.

Sometimes I think that’s just their attitude, sometimes I think it’s a deliberate way of looking after their rich mates 

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Let them have their esteemed leader take them into the next GE. It'll be hilarious and a lot of these sycophants will be out on their arses for good.

Just googled that and next general election not for over two years yet. 
The damage this idiot could do in next two years 🙈🙈

In interview Spaffer says it's right to stay to "keep delivering".

Delivering what?  The never ending Punch & Judy show?  The ****ing Taliban could deliver a better agenda than these twats.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

In interview Spaffer says it's right to stay to "keep delivering".

Delivering what?  The never ending Punch & Judy show?  The ****ing Taliban could deliver a better agenda than these twats.

Biggest ever breaches of a Government manifesto so far. 

Seem to be having a look to see what they've missed. 

Johnson manages to lose another vote this week. He led a campaign to replace Lady Patricia Scotland as secretary general of the Commonwealth. 

She remains in post after the candidate backed by Johnson didn't get enough votes.

6 minutes ago, dtgj said:

Johnson manages to lose another vote this week. He led a campaign to replace Lady Patricia Scotland as secretary general of the Commonwealth. 

She remains in post after the candidate backed by Johnson didn't get enough votes.

Has Nadine threatened to privatise the Commonwealth yet?

The Mighty Thor

Hat Mancock former minister for death and PPE corruption was getting rinsed earlier on LBC for spouting shite about Johnson 'delivering' on things like Brexit and er Brexit. 

His rationale for Johnson staying was he's the only man to get them through the next election otherwise its going to be the 'coalition of chaos' between Starmer and Sturgeon. 😂

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Apparently if you add up the votes of both the byelections, the Conservatives won.

The by-elections were stolen.

If the Tory feel so strong about getting rid of Boris, why don't they resign as MPs and spark mass by-elections.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If the Tory feel so strong about getting rid of Boris, why don't they resign as MPs and spark mass by-elections.

82 grand plus expenses and generous allowances when few of them are otherwise employable. 

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

82 grand plus expenses and generous allowances when few of them are otherwise employable. 

Run as independent.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Run as independent.

Few independents have ever won seats versus the major parties bar very big names.

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Run as independent.

They are still tarred as tories. No chance a tory constituency would vote in a turncoat. 

Nice idea but just not going to happen. 

That said, there are rumblings of half a dozen tory MPs considering crossing the floor. Keep the salary for a couple of years whilst putting further holes in Johnson's boat. 

Edited by I P Knightley

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

They are still tarred as tories. No chance a tory constituency would vote in a turncoat. 

Nice idea but just not going to happen. 

That said, there are rumblings of half a dozen tory MPs considering crossing the floor. Keep the salary for a couple of years whilst putting further holes in Johnson's boat. 

Who to, Ukip, Brexit party, Libdems? Labour and the SNP aren't welcoming these clowns, surely.

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who to, Ukip, Brexit party, Libdems? Labour and the SNP aren't welcoming these clowns, surely.

Was there not a Tory who crossed to Labour a few months ago? 

I'm thinking of some of the 140 who voted no confidence, not the likes of apeman Gullis who loyally bang the Johnson drum. Nor brexit hard man Steve Baker who has designs on party leadership for himself. Just a few nonentities in marginal seats.

11 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Was there not a Tory who crossed to Labour a few months ago? 

I'm thinking of some of the 140 who voted no confidence, not the likes of apeman Gullis who loyally bang the Johnson drum. Nor brexit hard man Steve Baker who has designs on party leadership for himself. Just a few nonentities in marginal seats.

👍.

I'd rather see Mick Lynch in WM.

Lord Montpelier
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Run as independent.

Yep. Similar to Patrick Grady. Suspect circumstances a little different though. 

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Yep. Similar to Patrick Grady. Suspect circumstances a little different though. 

He should be fired from parliament, then a fecking cannon. And he can take Mason with him.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

If, and it's a huge if, this is true, then he's done. 

David Yelland, former editor of the super, soaraway Sun, is saying similar. He's toast.

I'm now imagining Liz Truss in the hot seat. :rofl:

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

David Yelland, former editor of the super, soaraway Sun, is saying similar. He's toast.

It’s going to be interesting watching how their hard of thinking ‘readership’ process this earth-shattering news. The Samaritans are going to be busy, as it will be too much for some.

The Mighty Thor
59 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:kirklol:

Pound shop Thatcher at the wheel 

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

:kirklol:

Pound shop Thatcher at the wheel 

This Junta has an abundance of brain-dead morons at its disposal that could fill the void left by BloJob. One of my favourites makes Diane Abacus look like Einstein……..

E2F295E8-9A6D-4ED9-BECF-14C2FA904D86.jpeg

13 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

This Junta has an abundance of brain-dead morons at its disposal that could fill the void left by BloJob. One of my favourites makes Diane Abacus look like Einstein……..

E2F295E8-9A6D-4ED9-BECF-14C2FA904D86.jpeg

That can't be true. :rofl:

WorldChampions1902
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That can't be true. :rofl:

It’s not but given Nads track record, it could have been. 😉

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

It’s not but given Nads track record, it could have been. 😉

:( Ruined it.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

:( Ruined it.

When Nads went on her BBC-bashing, she forgot about her own nepotism. Thick as a Boxing Day turd.

ABFE469F-912B-41BC-A1F5-1975C5CC98DF.jpeg

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

When Nads went on her BBC-bashing, she forgot about her own nepotism. Thick as a Boxing Day turd.

ABFE469F-912B-41BC-A1F5-1975C5CC98DF.jpeg

That would be one of the daughters that she warned black men against dating.

On 03/07/2022 at 12:25, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Even Starmer will mercilessly barbeque Pork Markets. 

This govt is full of post turtles but she's the one precariously looking down from the highest point wondering how the **** she got there. 

Javid resigns, more to come. Boris is toast.

Edited by ri Alban