• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

9 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I’ve got to say, I reluctantly agree with you. When I saw that graphic with BW way out ahead, I had to concede that he might well turn around this Junta’s fortunes. And I feel dirty saying that.

As Tories go, he appears to have a backbone, has a degree of intellect befitting the position of PM and most importantly, possesses a moral compass, But he will still deliver Tory policies of course.

9 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

He's a local MP near me, he's very well thought of and down to earth.

Any time I've watched him,  lads.  I've said to myself "Now, what can I say about this guy" and it's usually nothing bad. :yadayada: Except he's a Tory :D So there's still hope. :)

7 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

A Tory with integrity..:rofl:

:vrface:

Snakes the lot of them.

John Major did some good.

6 hours ago, jonesy said:

On a slow Monday, that sounds like a pretty aspirational Friday night for me :( 

Aye, but he gets paid for it. 

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Boris does do it differently.

But unprecedented in history if he continues after that. 

Mikey, have noticed how many people who should know better, say unpresidented. It's the same with specific, folk saying pacific. I'm like :wtfvlad:

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

At least they have a free vote on leader and disagree with him.

Not tolerated at her and husband's party.

She should shut her mouth and concentrate on running Scotland, and maybe cut our disasters like education, transport and health.

If we can't get rid of the Tories, you're not getting rid of the SNP. Only independence does both 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not going to claim I know it all either but he seems to be punching smoke here…🥊

If he puts me right though then fair enough. 

The Scottish Government receive around half of the Tax it brings in. It has something like 100m borrowing, but somehow has a deficit of 12b. We also , as a population of 5m spend 15b more in the economy of rUk , who has a population of 62m. No that's unity for you. 👍

I wonder how much oil money ran oot this year. 

Anyway. Boris will now go for broke, by either killing us all by going to war with Russia or decorating England by hiring the same women he used to do up his flat at #10.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Given you some watching material about global finance and central banking. Up to you if you watch it or not. 

You might learn something. 

There are also YouTube videos out there explaining why I might be descended from alien lizards. I'm starting to think everything there may not be entirely accurate.

The folk going on about ,it's only a drink or we all did it. It's not about that, it's the lies and the cover up.

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

You're at it. Otherwise you don't understand how national economies work. Are you seriously saying Scotland can't spend money that isn't in its bank account 😂😂

Aaron I've asked you directly a few times now. What deficit?

All you've done is attack and bluster in reply.

I've worked in finance myself, I've worked in HMRC.

What deficit?

10 hours ago, jonesy said:

She was a more loathsome character than he ever has been.

BoJo is miles worse than May. The man doesn't have the tiniest thread of decency.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What's the chances of an Autumn G.E?

I think we'll see a leadership change but not a GE. These Tories don't care about convention, they only barely care about actual rules, so I think they'll get a new leader in and decide to batter on with an 80 seat majority. Their only real alternative is a GE which they'll come out of in much worse nick.

The 80 seat majority is a double edged sword in this situation, it gives them space to do their legislating, but it also means an awful lot of squeaky bums at the thought of facing the electorate again as labour and the libdems lick their lips. I don't think the government back benches will take much persuading to carry on in power.

dobmisterdobster

Zero. No election until the boundary changes come in. Late 2023 at the earliest.

Absolutely no chance this government is going to the country this year or probably next year either. They would lose and lose heavily to a Lib/Lab coalition.

They WILL throw Boris under the bus to protect their position though, in fact Boris us already under the bus having fallen there all by himself.

58 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

BoJo is miles worse than May. The man doesn't have the tiniest thread of decency.

May was a lightweight who didn’t have dark arts. Too clean for her own good. The big boys in the corner shadows manipulated her, here there and everywhere Boris is the polar opposite. A conniving dangerous liar with his finger on the button and a complete lack of fecks given re the important stuff going on right now

Tommy Brown
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

May was a lightweight who didn’t have dark arts. Too clean for her own good. The big boys in the corner shadows manipulated her, here there and everywhere Boris is the polar opposite. A conniving dangerous liar with his finger on the button and a complete lack of fecks given re the important stuff going on right now

This

Seen by too many as a bumbling buffoon.

8 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Owns a 2nd hand 2015 Corsa handmedoon from big sis type post? 

Not a bad wee runner that, don’t knock it !

( I’m talking about the car, btw ! )

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Absolutely no chance this government is going to the country this year or probably next year either. They would lose and lose heavily to a Lib/Lab coalition.

They WILL throw Boris under the bus to protect their position though, in fact Boris us already under the bus having fallen there all by himself.

Fair comment.

He’s now on life support.

19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Totally agree. There's absolutely no redeeming qualities about the man at all. 

An absolute disgrace of a human being. 

WorldChampions1902
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Any time I've watched him,  lads.  I've said to myself "Now, what can I say about this guy" and it's usually nothing bad. :yadayada: Except he's a Tory :D So there's still hope. :)

Troll ::troll::😄

34 minutes ago, pablo said:

Totally agree. There's absolutely no redeeming qualities about the man at all. 

An absolute disgrace of a human being. 

Yet for some reason he brought home a massive election victory.

We shouldn’t underestimate the rank stupidity of the vast majority of the electorate. On Sunday, if politicians told them it was Wednesday half them would nod in agreement and insist it was Wednesday. Most of the rest would say it’s Tuesday. Some would ban Sunday completely so we never had another Sunday and some would change Sunday to Dimanche.

He could still spin this and survive we’re that fecking stupid and pliable and vulnerable 

Edited by JimmyCant

Roxy Hearts
9 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Easy to comment, harder to justify.... Feel free to do so.. 

I don't have to justify anything. I read your post and it's "extremely naive!"

What debt and deficit does Scotland have and how did it achieve it also who's responsible for it? 

What assets will Scotland get if we ever have the courage to vote for independence? 

indianajones

Sealed their fate for the next GE then surely? 

Probably plays into the hands of the SNP up here too. Will sway those on the fence towards yes you would imagine. 

il Duce McTarkin
11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

This Ben Wallace people are saying is a good sort? The defence guy? That nonce?

The least smelly shite in the bog is still a shite, jack.

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

:indeed:

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Nah, there’s very little attempt to make Johnson anything other than what he is: a greedy, selfish git. May was much more conniving and has done lots of damage with her policies as Home Secretary. Hope she rots in hell.

I’ll say it again a female Tory is miles worse than any male. They’ve got some part of their soul missing. They’re uber, evil Tory. 

Roxy Hearts
31 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

This Ben Wallace people are saying is a good sort? The defence guy? That nonce?

Can't stand the wee creep. Another stooge like all the establishment.

2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Zero. No election until the boundary changes come in. Late 2023 at the earliest.

And @JimmyCant 👍

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

May doesn’t have a soul. 

She does, she's an arsesoul. 

The witch invented the immigration witch-hunt. Aggressive environment thingy that fecked up 1000s of families, including mine.

The Mighty Thor
38 minutes ago, jonesy said:

May was much more conniving and has done lots of damage with her policies as Home Secretary. Hope she rots in hell.

You must f'ing love Priti Patel 😂

56 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Oscar Wild?

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, Mister T said:

Oscar Wild?

Close.

Michel de Montaigne. Essais, circa 1580.

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, jonesy said:

Can’t see past that honey’s alluring mystique, Thor. 

:interehjrling:

jack D and coke
41 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Can't stand the wee creep. Another stooge like all the establishment.

The guy who said Scotland wouldn’t get to use the armed forces for help delivering the vaccine rollout or anymore helping the NHS cos we needed to sort ourselves out up here all the while England was using it for exactly that….that guy? Aye he’s sound him eh😂👍🏼

I P Knightley
42 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yet for some reason he brought home a massive election victory.

We shouldn’t underestimate the rank stupidity of the vast majority of the electorate. On Sunday, if politicians told them it was Wednesday half them would nod in agreement and insist it was Wednesday. Most of the rest would say it’s Tuesday. Some would ban Sunday completely so we never had another Sunday and some would change Sunday to Dimanche.

He could still spin this and survive we’re that fecking stupid and pliable and vulnerable 

:biglaugh: but only because it's true.

He was also helped immeasurably by being up against the weakest possible and completely unelectable leader of the Labour party who didn't only ruin their chances in 2019 but has left behind such a stink that it makes it hard to elect them in future. And now Johnson (following Trump) has made a chunk of the electorate believe that we need to have a "character" in #10, so Starmer is struggling because being honest and dependable is "boring".

We're goosed!!

20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Can’t see past that honey’s alluring mystique, Thor. 

Her lingerie collection will be stunning I have to say 😱

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He was also helped immeasurably by being up against the weakest possible and completely unelectable leader of the Labour party who didn't only ruin their chances in 2019 but has left behind such a stink that it makes it hard to elect them in future. And now Johnson (following Trump) has made a chunk of the electorate believe that we need to have a "character" in #10, so Starmer is struggling because being honest and dependable is "boring".

We're goosed!!

I’m not a Labour man by any means, more of a centrist than some elements of his party, but I like Starmer and wouldn’t be concerned if he led a coalition UK government. (For whatever time is left that the UK government governs Scotland that is) Unfortunately he may have shot himself in the foot with the Durham beers case.

It's all very depressing but I can't see any alternatives within, or outwith the Tory party. Starmer would be better, but I doubt by much and his front bench is weak imo.

We're stuck with this lot for a fair while yet, whether that Boris or not doesn't really matter I don't think.

Edited by Taffin

dobmisterdobster
10 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

We're goosed!!

I get the point you are trying to make but Starmer isnt either of those things.

I P Knightley
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not a Labour man by any means, more of a centrist than some elements of his party, but I like Starmer and wouldn’t be concerned if he led a coalition UK government. (For whatever time is left that the UK government governs Scotland that is) Unfortunately he may have shot himself in the foot with the Durham beers case.

I didn't follow it at all closely as it immediately appeared to be clutching at straws from the Daily SiegHeil but it certainly seems that there was an initial unnecessary denial when honesty would have been straightforward.

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

The guy who said Scotland wouldn’t get to use the armed forces for help delivering the vaccine rollout or anymore helping the NHS cos we needed to sort ourselves out up here all the while England was using it for exactly that….that guy? Aye he’s sound him eh😂👍🏼

That's the idiot. Embarrassing that great name as well! 

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

image.png.82fafa7fa5a62bb825661995e89824be.png

Is the Cocaine being measured in metric or imperial? We need to know.

The only Tory who was a serious politician in the last leadership contest was Rory Stewart but he's a Remoaner not interested in fighting the culture wars and so he won't do for the Tory rank and file.

Johnson has stuffed his cabinet full of sycophantic lightweights so there isn't an obvious successor, which funnily enough helps keep him in power.

Starmer's policy has been to lie to get the top Labour gig and then just present himself as more competent than Johnson without presenting any real substantive policies.

The electorate are lucky to have them both.

Roxy Hearts
44 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The only Tory who was a serious politician in the last leadership contest was Rory Stewart but he's a Remoaner not interested in fighting the culture wars and so he won't do for the Tory rank and file.

Johnson has stuffed his cabinet full of sycophantic lightweights so there isn't an obvious successor, which funnily enough helps keep him in power.

Starmer's policy has been to lie to get the top Labour gig and then just present himself as more competent than Johnson without presenting any real substantive policies.

The electorate are lucky to have them both.

Starmer is a typical establishment empty suit!