Johnson confidence vote is on

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

They have had years to get their act together. 

MPs like Raynor and Abbott make them unelectable at the moment plus any of Corbyns pals

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

SwindonJambo
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

yep they are really weak. i would also add if the roles were reversed and labout were in power the current tory MPs would be just as weak

Agreed. IMHO we have the poorest quality of Politician I can ever remember, right across the board. And the trend is continuing in a downward spiral. 

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

MPs like Raynor and Abbott make them unelectable at the moment plus any of Corbyns pals

i would say it goes all the way back to the unions getting ed milliband elected as leader over david milliband. IMO it seemed like the unions thought they could use him as a puppet but the one thing they did not account for was him not being the right person to be a party leader, yes have him as a miniter but not a party leader

19 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Remember you can only have 1 of these votes per year according to Tory rules.

Tory rules are easily broken as we have witnessed lately. 

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i would say it goes all the way back to the unions getting ed milliband elected as leader over david milliband. IMO it seemed like the unions thought they could use him as a puppet but the one thing they did not account for was him not being the right person to be a party leader, yes have him as a miniter but not a party leader

Genuinely thought when Starmer came along he would provide decent opposition.  He's currently proving me wrong

SwindonJambo
14 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Abbott’s a backbencher and well out the way. I agree about Raynor though. A complete embarrassment, lacking in decorum. Her scum comment was silly. Can’t say stuff like that in that sort of position. 

Corbyn’s pals are being weeded out or sent to the back-benches. But there’s always a danger of them coming back to the fore with a new leader.

Dennis Reynolds
17 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Agreed. IMHO we have the poorest quality of Politician I can ever remember, right across the board. And the trend is continuing in a downward spiral. 

Agree.

SwindonJambo
16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

That was a big moment. I expect the Tories we’re delighted when Labour didn’t elect David Milliband. He’s not coming back any time soon either - happily settled in New York.

Sooperstar

Looking forward to cabinet members claiming in the not too distant future that they didn't actually want Johnson to remain as PM but they had to support him as it just wasn't the right time to replace him.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

This is a first for me but "I'm Backing Boris" 😂
Hoping the Eton Mess leads the Tories to at least a decade of opposition

Opposition to who exactly? Sir Kneel Starmer?  Unfortunately for the country the bar is at the lowest lever ever for politicians of ability and scruples. Regardless of the colour of the rosette. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Get him out ffs.

the way he’s clinging on is an embarrassment 

As there has been no official vote he's nothing to really "cling' onto as yet. 

The Mighty Thor

His letter 😂

Even the serial halfwits on here would have a job swallowing that utter balls. 

54 minutes ago, Shanks said:

What’s the breakdown of votes needed?  I’ve had a look but can’t find anything.

Straight majority needed for him to win the vote I think.

21 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

where's wee doogz and the governor general? 😂

Mibbees aye, mibbees naw !

Don't think wee dug knows what way to go !

A snake !

I hope he stays and triggers a section 30 which would help the Tories win in rUk forever.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Remember you can only have 1 of these votes per year according to Tory rules.

That is something the tory MP's are going to have to consider very very carefully, because if he wins tonight and then somehow manages to cling on until this time next year, that then leaves a new leader probably only a year to turn the tories around.  I think everyone accepts that BoJo will not lead the tories into the next GE, and that has to take place by January 2025, however I don't see another winter GE, therefore my guess would be autumn 2024, if so that then leaves a new leader a little over a year, to steady the ship, turn the tories fortunes around, put their own stamp on policies and fight a GE, just seems to be a bit of a tall order to me.

That is why I think BoJo could be in trouble tonight.

Jambo-Jimbo
25 minutes ago, graygo said:

Straight majority needed for him to win the vote I think.

50% +1 vote, so they said on the news.

41 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Opposition to who exactly? Sir Kneel Starmer?  Unfortunately for the country the bar is at the lowest lever ever for politicians of ability and scruples. Regardless of the colour of the rosette. 

I used to think the same but, I now think they've always been this bad, it's just that back in the day the got away with more with no social media.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

In some ways that would be ideal but I fear the damage their staying in power with a majority would inevitably do in the short term.

England don't care, he gave them Brexit.

hughesie27
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That is something the tory MP's are going to have to consider very very carefully, because if he wins tonight and then somehow manages to cling on until this time next year, that then leaves a new leader probably only a year to turn the tories around.  I think everyone accepts that BoJo will not lead the tories into the next GE, and that has to take place by January 2025, however I don't see another winter GE, therefore my guess would be autumn 2024, if so that then leaves a new leader a little over a year, to steady the ship, turn the tories fortunes around, put their own stamp on policies and fight a GE, just seems to be a bit of a tall order to me.

That is why I think BoJo could be in trouble tonight.

A year is a lifetime in UK politics. I think electing literally any other Tory as leader would be enough for any doubters to vote them back into power.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Why do folk think Rishi is toxic. Tories love the super Rich. 

They need to draw a line under partygate, so whoever replaces Johnson, will have never been anywhere near any of the parties.

If Sunak became leader he'd have to fight the next GE with questions of partygate and his fine being fired at him constantly, that would be too much of an unwanted distraction.

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why do folk think Rishi is toxic. Tories love the super Rich. 

Tory members vote

20220606_133809.jpg

Pasquale for King

Mogg reckons every party has 15% who are disgruntled and BJ should stay.
He said the 15% that were against May showed that she should leave 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😂

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Just discovered my MP will be voting in favour of Boris.

Probably heard about how much his constituents have been defending this government

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Shanks said:

What’s the breakdown of votes needed?  I’ve had a look but can’t find anything.

180 votes would force him out. As someone said, 50% plus one.

2 hours ago, Imaman said:

Tory rules are easily broken as we have witnessed lately. 

When it happened to Teresa May, she was nowhere near the 50% (200 v 117) but it was enough of a doing to convince her the game was up. ****s like Gove, Mogg, Johnson & co circling and conspiring against her; I never blamed her for bugging out, except for the fact that it left the field clear for Johnson.

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Mogg reckons every party has 15% who are disgruntled and BJ should stay.
He said the 15% that were against May showed that she should leave 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😂

Apparently he's gone on record today to say that even if Johnson survives by one vote it will be enough. When his previous comment (that a third of the MPs voting against her meant that May should go) was brought up, he said that he'd reflected on that and realised he'd been wrong. I strongly doubt, despite his strong Catholic beliefs, he made an apology to May for this error which helped to see her on her way. Effing nasty piece of work.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nadine Dorries has chosen to attack Jeremy Hunt one possible successor to Boris. 

Going for it.

If you are wanting a laugh, Nadine Dorries is having a very public meltdown and appears to have confirmed that not only did the government not prepare for the pandemic but she actively ignored a plan that could have saved thousands of lives 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

50% +1 vote, so they said on the news.

Which was a straight majority when I went to school, admittedly a long time ago.

15 minutes ago, Bozi said:

If you are wanting a laugh, Nadine Dorries is having a very public meltdown and appears to have confirmed that not only did the government not prepare for the pandemic but she actively ignored a plan that could have saved thousands of lives 

Good point.

Lone Striker

Isn't it a wee bit strange just how much Nadine Dorries is attacking her colleague Jeremy Hunt on the very day the party are voting on Boris ?        A cynic might wonder if Boris's sexual penchant  for vacuous blonde bimbos extended further then we previously thought. :whistling:

6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Isn't it a wee bit strange just how much Nadine Dorries is attacking her colleague Jeremy Hunt on the very day the party are voting on Boris ?        A cynic might wonder if Boris's sexual penchant  for vacuous blonde bimbos extended further then we previously thought. :whistling:

100% she's been hanging off the end of the custard pipe. 

dobmisterdobster
44 minutes ago, Bozi said:

The Shanghai plan would've destroyed millions of lives in this country.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

😲Feck me.  I knew he was a cad, a bounder,  a serial liar, a serial cheat, a compulsive racist, and an  incompetent bumbling buffoon fixated on his own self-entitled ambition to wield power.

But not to THAT extent !!       Astonishing stuff.      Oh well, not to worry - according to that champion of egalitarianism Jacob Grease-Dogg, "we're lucky to have him".