Butcher to be Burley's assistant

Therapist

According to several web sites.

I wonder what the TA will make of an Englishman being involved with the Scottish national team. :eek:

What websites? Wouldnt have a problem with an Englishman being number two myself, but I do have a problem with Butcher being it!! What the hell has he done managerial wise that he can get that gig??????

Regal Kingston

I am a proud Scot and wouldn't mind Butcher being Scotland's assistant. He knows our game more than most and has a proven track record bringing through younger players.

A good appointment if true.

Colonel Kurtz

I wonder what the TA will make of an Englishman being involved with teh Scottish national team. :eek:

He is an ex Hun,ticks all the boxes

There will also be an appointment of a "Token Tim",unless the GFA think that Stark will do on that score.

The Murray lap dogs like Jackson are furious that Souness didnt get the job,could be interesting soon

I am a proud Scot and wouldn't mind Butcher being Scotland's assistant. He knows our game more than most and has a proven track record bringing through younger players.

A good appointment if true.

To be fair mate, he hasnt been involved in our game in a long time.

Regal Kingston
What websites? Wouldnt have a problem with an Englishman being number two myself, but I do have a problem with Butcher being it!! What the hell has he done managerial wise that he can get that gig??????

Brought through James McFadden??

Brought through James McFadden??

Anything other than that? As a player you cannot argue with what he has achieved but as a manager .............

I wonder what the TA will make of an Englishman being involved with teh Scottish national team. :eek:

Yawn

:troll:

GC

Regal Kingston
Anything other than that? As a player you cannot argue with what he has achieved but as a manager .............

Not done much since leaving Motherwell in 2006.

He knows the most of the players and can bring the younger lads through.

He is only the assistant though. They don't do much. Ask Tommy Burns.

:troll:

Oh, the irony. :)

Incidentally it's a perfectly legitimate point I made in the OP. ;)

I wonder what the TA will make of an Englishman being involved with the Scottish national team. :eek:

Excellent news. Hope its welcome on board Tel. :) The real jaco hardliners will be foaming at the mouth. ;)

Not done much since leaving Motherwell in 2006.

He knows the most of the players and can bring the younger lads through.

He is only the assistant though. They don't do much. Ask Tommy Burns.

True, at least it's not Burns again.

Did one of Butcher's sons not play for Scotland schools at rugby and golf?

It will be great to wind up Butcher by pointing out that for all his blood-on-a- bandage-chest-thumping-three-lions stuff, he's just trying his best to become Scottish now!

Guest Dipped Flake
Excellent news. Hope its welcome on board Tel. :) The real jaco hardliners will be foaming at the mouth. ;)

If Burley thinks he is the man for the job then this 'jaco hardliner' has no problem with him being english. If he helps us qualify for the world cup who cares (apart from the usual anti-Scots brigade on this post)

Terry Butcher??????

Sacked by Coventry, Sunderland, Sydney and Brentford (achieving 5 wins in 23 games!!!). He is feckin hopeless at being a number 1 so lets hope he makes a good number 2 (no pun intended).

I am sure Burley knows what he is doing........

Patrick Bateman

I don't particularly care where Butcher is from (Singapore) I just don't think he's a very good manager. I also wouldn't credit him for James McFadden, its not as though he had any choice to blood youngsters...

without getting into a nationality debate I don't think the TA will have any problem with TB being in the Scotland setup.

I have at least 3 "English" mates who were born in England but settled in Scotland who support Scotland.

without getting into a nationality debate I don't think the TA will have any problem with TB being in the Scotland setup.

I have at least 3 "English" mates who were born in England but settled in Scotland who support Scotland.

FJ usually its not the English who have the problem..........:rolleyes:

I've no problem with him being number 2. I reckon he's spent more of his life in Scotland than England. Look at the guys who play rugby for Scotland some the first time the know the country is when they step of a plane from down under.

I would have Butcher at Tynecastle.

he continually talks up the scottish game when i've heard him on 5 live.

a good motivator who always gives 100% as either a player or coach even if some of his coaching has been suspect.

i follow scotland home and away and would welcome him as an assistant as would themajority of scotland fans. if people don't want him then it's likely that they'll make that decision based on his shaky coaching reputation rather than his nationality which is fair enough.

Pressley as as assistant too supposedly.

Guest JamboRobbo
Is that because he is a Rangers man like Burley?

Nope. I couldn't care if he is Rangers/Celtic/Hibs/Hearts or from the moon.

I say that because my bro and others players I know who worked under him spoke extremely highly of him, his coaching ability, and his attitude working with players, and how much of a help he was to them as players.

Guest Dipped Flake
Is that because he is a Rangers man like Burley?

Now I see why you changed your avatar, so you could be closer to your 'brothers'

Now I see why you changed your avatar, so you could be closer to your 'brothers'

And we can bring back 'God save the Queen' and get rid of that 'Flower of Scotland' nonsense.

Bring back the real Scotland fans. :ninja:

Guest Dipped Flake
And we can bring back 'God save the Queen' and get rid of that 'Flower of Scotland' nonsense.

Bring back the real Scotland fans. :ninja:

OK I'll bite. Forget about the anthem but what do you mean by real Scotland fans??? Sorry if you were being sarcastic or joking etc but I can't really understand your smilie

I follow Scotland home an away and would have no problem with Butcher.

I couldn't care less where Burleys assistants come from, or if they're an ex-Hun ex-Hobo ex-Tim etc etc as long as they can do a good job, that's all that matters.

There will be a minority of the TA who are not happy (as illustrated in the link posted above), but the majority wont give a monkeys.

CompleteIdiot
OK I'll bite. Forget about the anthem but what do you mean by real Scotland fans??? Sorry if you were being sarcastic or joking etc but I can't really understand your smilie

uvfpic4dk.jpg

:ninja:

Butcher has international experience at the highest level

This alone practically makes him worthwhile to have as part of the wider coaching team

Dont see the problem as a right hand man. Will help the players mentally prepare for national games and will be more than capable of helping implement Burley's instructions

Burley is the boss not Butcher or anyone else for that matter

FJ usually its not the English who have the problem..........:rolleyes:

us scots is well balanced like!

chips oan boath shoulders!

uvfpic4dk.jpg

:ninja:

the one second from the right is holding his pistol like a wee girl giving a bunch of daisies to the queen!

"fer feks sake fergus can ye no hurld that goan loike ye mean trouble....ye ruin the whole scary we're no really posties effect"

Archived