• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• The Dragon Reborn

• Rick James

• Carl Fredrickson

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Tough eh 

Only ever had the one.  As far as I'm concerned he's grown up to be a fine young man.  Smart, good-looking, kind to people and animals, and he gets his round in.

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Only ever had the one.  As far as I'm concerned he's grown up to be a fine young man.  Smart, good-looking, kind to people and animals, and he gets his round in.

Does he get blootered and go on Kickback with you Ulysers 

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Does he get blootered and go on Kickback with you Ulysers 

He's on JKB, but he's not active.

Салатные палочки
29 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Tough eh 

Should have taken them out the oven sooner. 

JudyJudyJudy
32 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Tough eh 

I blame the parents , in my experience every thing falls into place when you meet a “ dysfunctional “ kids parents . 

“ You live what you learn” 

I have never wanted to be a parent . It’s far too much commitment and responsibility . It’s an onerous task but certainly rewarding , if you do  it right. 

Never had the slightest desire to have kids. 

There are too many humans on the planet already anyway.

Definitely tough at times but they’re absolutely brilliant. I’ve got a 12 year old son who is completely Hearts daft and a 7 year old daughter. 

Best thing that’s ever happened to me. 

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Grandkids are great.........you can hand them back at the end of the day. :laugh:

👍

We've got one son, he'll be sixteen at Christmas, it's been an incredibly rewarding time for us, seeing him go through primary school then high school, in the top third of his year academically but excels at PE, a junior black belt in jiu jitsu and is playing rugby tomorrow for Cumbria County at Kingpark Stadium in Newcastle.

He's pretty much sailed through life up until now and we count ourselves lucky as we've seen friends and family have trouble with their kids.

10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:vrwow:

Grandchildren.   Twin girls, at first house party tonight. 16 years old. Just this moment texted them and told them that my number is the first number they call for help or if in trouble, second is 999. It doesn't get any easier. 😐

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Must take after his mother.

:qqb006:

The Gorgie

Got a 1 year old. **** me I've aged about 10 years in that time. Love the wee guy tho. Can't wait till he's old enough to know what sleep is then im going to get pay back.

Carl Fredrickson

They are well worth the effort. I started a family later in life and it is my regret that I didnt start earlier. Not easy at times but the rewards far outweigh everything else. 

They grow up far too quick though. 

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Never had the slightest desire to have kids. 

There are too many humans on the planet already anyway.

Well done on playing yer part to reduce the population . 😕

55 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I should report his comment eh. Waves arms angrilly

It wasn't either pleasant, nor funny, that’s for sure.

51 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Grandchildren.   Twin girls, at first house party tonight. 16 years old. Just this moment texted them and told them that my number is the first number they call for help or if in trouble, second is 999. It doesn't get any easier. 😐

Quite right too.

I’m sure they’ll be fine.  👍

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

He's on JKB, but he's not active.

A Hearts fan, then? You've brought him up right if so!  :icon14: 🍻 :flag2:

JudyJudyJudy
52 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

They are well worth the effort. I started a family later in life and it is my regret that I didnt start earlier. Not easy at times but the rewards far outweigh everything else. 

They grow up far too quick though. 

They certainly do . When I was away fir family weekend a few weeks ago , we went to a theme park where dinosaurs 🦕 where ,  Well animatronic  ones . I excitedly said to my 10 years old nephew “ oh there’s a dinosaur , you like dinosaurs” he replied “ yeah I did when I was a kid”.  :( my heart sank a bit 

3 kids - aged 19, 16 and 12. 

All Jambos. My boys go home and away.🇱🇻

My youngest 2 captains of their football teams at a very good level.

Never had trouble with the police, drink, drugs or even at school. 

But exhausting- really exhausting. And financially draining. I haven’t been on holiday since 2008.

And for me it’s only going to get more so as their Mum is moving to Dubai in Aug.

Wouldnt swap a thing 😀

Der Kaiser

I believe you get the kids you deserve. 

And before anyone says anything That's not about kids with disabilities, learning difficulties or the like. Not saying anything like that.

If you have kids and you spend as much time as you can with them, play with them, read to them, make dens, go on adventures in the woods, be silly and stupid, whatever makes them look at you in that way that melts your heart.....you're doing it right. They'll love you and trust you and value that time as much as you are.

If you value going drinking with mates or watching the fitba more, or you pop them in front of tablets and games consoles as often as they want then dont be surprised when they ignore you as they grow up and dont listen to you because that's exactly what you did.

Like everything in life you get out what you put in.

Dont spend ages trying to capture the perfect pic or video but just be in that moment when they learn to ride a bike or they're dancing to your favourite music for the first time.

Dont get me wrong I know I've made mistakes at time and I dont think I'm some sort of parental aspiration that others should strive for....but I've put more time into my two lads than anything else in my life.

(If one of them should go on to be a serial killer later in life could the mods delete this post please)

11 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

And before anyone says anything That's not about kids with disabilities, learning difficulties or the like. Not saying anything like that.

If you have kids and you spend as much time as you can with them, play with them, read to them, make dens, go on adventures in the woods, be silly and stupid, whatever makes them look at you in that way that melts your heart.....you're doing it right. They'll love you and trust you and value that time as much as you are.

If you value going drinking with mates or watching the fitba more, or you pop them in front of tablets and games consoles as often as they want then dont be surprised when they ignore you as they grow up and dont listen to you because that's exactly what you did.

Dont spend ages trying to capture the perfect pic or video but just be in that moment when they learn to ride a bike or they're dancing to your favourite music for the first time.

Dont get me wrong I know I've made mistakes at time and I dont think I'm some sort of parental aspiration that others should strive for....but I've put more time into my two lads than anything else in my life.

(If one of them should go on to be a serial killer later in life could the mods delete this post please)

👍

There are too many bloody people out and about.  

They ruin everything.

Full stop.

Bindy Badgy

Other people's children are fine. When I walk out the door at the end of the day they aren't my problem. **** having my own.

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

It wasn't either pleasant, nor funny, that’s for sure.

Quite right too.

I’m sure they’ll be fine.  👍

Home now 👍

3 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Got a 1 year old. **** me I've aged about 10 years in that time. Love the wee guy tho. Can't wait till he's old enough to know what sleep is then im going to get pay back.

Tell him he's brilliant.  There's plenty of people out there who'll find a way to knock his confidence, so let them at it and you do your best to build it up.

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

:notworthy:

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

:laugh:

Doctor FinnBarr

I'm an other who started late, daughter is 22 now and didn't really cause us many problems apart from the usual teenage moods, suffered a bit health wise over the last few years but she has provided us with Ava (28 month) who is the absolute apple of my eye, glad I can hand her back though as she can be full on at times.

Dagger Is Back
5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I blame the parents , in my experience every thing falls into place when you meet a “ dysfunctional “ kids parents

“ You live what you learn” 

I have never wanted to be a parent . It’s far too much commitment and responsibility . It’s an onerous task but certainly rewarding , if you do  it right. 

Wow. Just wow.

Rick James

Only a weekend Dad, so I must say I find it all good fun. That said, I'd honestly love to have my wee girl full time. The baby/toddler years can be tiring for sure, but she'll be 9 on Monday and she's at that age now where I can just see the wee person she's really becoming and its magic. Took her a walk round Arthur's Seat today and stopped off for a wee kickabout and a lie down on the grass at Holyrood Park. Never a dull moment or prolonged silence when it's just the pair of us.

She will chat shite for hours about almost anything and cheeky as ****. Very much a chip off the old block. :) 

heartsfc_fan

The most challenging but rewarding thing you can do - have kids.

Two boys: soon to be 6 and 3. Wouldn't change things at all.

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

There are too many bloody people out and about.  

They ruin everything.

Full stop.

Yup, my wife and I are doing our bit for the planet* by not having kids. It's not just the quantity of people though,  it's the quality.  Most folk are arseholes, so the chances are if you're raising a kid, you're raising an arsehole...people who think their kids aren't arseholes are too biased to make that call!

* OK, we're doing our bit for our wine cellar, so it's not 100% altruistic,et's call it a win-win 😁

J.T.F.Robertson

Don't get it. All so inevitable.

I've stuck to cats and that's bad enough. 😩

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Don't get it. All so inevitable.

I've stuck to cats and that's bad enough. 😩

Stinking of cat piss no doubt

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Stinking of cat piss no doubt

Make no mistake, having pets is shite too...but at least it's not forever. Having kids is the mistake you can never correct,  hence all the folk who pretend they wouldn't swap their kids for the world. They have to think that,  the alternative is too hard to live with!

1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Make no mistake, having pets is shite too...but at least it's not forever. Having kids is the mistake you can never correct,  hence all the folk who pretend they wouldn't swap their kids for the world. They have to think that,  the alternative is too hard to live with!

Pure and utter nonsense this btw. I always find it hilarious when people compare having pets to having children. If only they knew!

Carl Fredrickson

Folk saying they dont want kids should be grateful their parents werent of that opinion :)

One of my greatest pleasures in life was when my youngest started reading on her own. She is 6 and every night (I am also a weekend dad) I would read books to her. She started wanting to read them herself and now is reading Road Dhal books with very little help. 

Spending evenings playing board games with the kids or them asking to put on music by my favourite bands stirs my heart. 

When they are playing outside with their pals I will often sit in my garden and watch and listen to them. They dont know I am in the garden and it is great to hear how they are outwith my company. 

As a parent your hope (or at least mine is) that your kids will grow up to be decent people and that they end up in a job or career that they desire. As @Der Kaiserstated, you need to put the time in for them. I have had to learn things about Marvel, Star Wars and L.O.L dolls that I would never want to know but it makes it worth it to have that conversation with the kids. Good communication and honesty is vital. I would rather be open with them and they tell me things that may be awkward or embarrassing than they bottle things up. 

Sorry if I have went on but I am sure some folk will empathise with this. 

AlimOzturk

Got two kids aged 10 and 3. Good kids tbh oldest is a massive jambo and starting the brainwashing process with the youngest now 

AlimOzturk

People saying the want kids - it is the point of existence and without the breeders in this world humanity would die off fairly quickly 

The Dragon Reborn
9 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Wow. Just wow.

A horrible comment/opinion but best ignored so as not to allow yet another thread to be all about that poster.

The Dragon Reborn
11 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Great post. 👍🏻 The only thing I’d add is to make sure you do have some time to yourself and don’t feel guilty about it (whether it’s football, pub, cinema etc). Your own mental and physical wellbeing needs to be there in order to allow you to be the best parent you can be.