**official Jonny Depp V Amber Heard results thread.

AlimOzturk

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jambo-Jimbo

• JudyJudyJudy

• AlimOzturk

Dean Winchester
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Heard just won a claim. Not sure what.

She won the one about the Daily Mail article. 2 mill off the 10.35 she's due Depp.

6 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

She won the one about the Daily Mail article. 2 mill off the 10.35 she's due Depp.

Doubt she can pay this so what happens there?

Unless musk pony's up. 😯

Just now, tightrope said:

Doubt she can pay this so what happens there?

Unless musk pony's up. 😯

Well she could just pledge to pay it, which is the same thing as actually paying it in her books.

19 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

So they technically both defamed each other?

I don’t think so. I believe it was Depp’s lawyer who defamed her, whereas the ruling for Depp was that Heard had defamed him.

hughesie27
1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Does this mean he can be Captain Jack Sparrow again?

He has already said he won't return. Money is money though.

53 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

I don’t think so. I believe it was Depp’s lawyer who defamed her, whereas the ruling for Depp was that Heard had defamed him.

So why does Depp need to pay her then (as opposed to his Lawyer).

I have to admit, I thought it might go the other way given that it would only take one jury member to buy her story sufficiently to prevent an unanimous decision.

I only delved into  occasional snippets of the coverage, but thought that his testimony in the main sounded a lot more plausible than hers.

I found it odd that despite claiming she had been a victim of domestic abuse for 5 years and producing a variety of photos, tape recordings and video footage to use against him, she never managed to capture a single piece of evidence of him actually committing an act of violence against her.  

Delighted for Depp. Don't think people realise just how big a case this was. It wasn't just about 2 celebrities airing their dirty laundry for money and publicity. Depp winning is a victory for dare I say men as a whole. There's plenty real victims of domestic and sexual abuse, but there's plenty cases where a woman fabricates such claims for whatever reason, particularly where a celebrity or person of influence is involved.

She was an open book about what apparently happened, but I don't recall if she's ever tried to make a criminal claim against Depp for apparently battering and sexually abusing her which is a bit of an alarm bell right away. Also, didn't Depp initiate all this trial? Why would a man take someone to court to clear their name if they were guilty of what they knew would come out in the open? This ultimately made Depp, but could've totally ended him if it didn't go to plan. Can only assume he's been honest and lived in the hope that justice would be served.

These 2 are professional actors so I always tried not to read too much into their emotions as I'm sure they're capable of conveying whatever they want, but Depp did strike me as more sincere. Looked like a man who was just so deflated and fed up of everything that's gone on and you can't blame the guy. Whereas she just came across increasingly desperate to win the jury over with her sob stories.

We'll never know what really did go on behind closed doors and I'm sure Depp isn't squeaky clean, but clearly the vast majority see through her claims as pure lies which says it all really. And as I said earlier in the thread, that irks me because making false claims of domestic and sexual abuse is a huge slap in the face to true victims of such deplorable acts when it is already hard enough for people to speak up and be taken seriously when reporting them.

In a nutshell, **** you Amber Heard.

Don't care about either of the hopeless pathetic narcissists. I only want to say that Depp is a ****in awful guitar player. Only gets in the Hollywood Vampires cos he's "famous". Alice Cooper should know better. I should know better too, replying to this shitey thread at half two in the morning. 

J.T.F.Robertson
18 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Don't care about either of the hopeless pathetic narcissists. I only want to say that Depp is a ****in awful guitar player. Only gets in the Hollywood Vampires cos he's "famous". Alice Cooper should know better. I should know better too, replying to this shitey thread at half two in the morning. 

After issues such as Ukraine, Yemen, Sudan, Uvalde and literally countless other no-mark problems, it's good the media finally prioritized for "us". 👍

6 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

He has already said he won't return. Money is money though.

So why does Depp need to pay her then (as opposed to his Lawyer).

I’m not sure tbh, but as a guess, I’d say that from the courts perspective, Depp’s lawyer and Depp himself is treated one and the same. You can choose to represent yourself or pay someone else to do it for you, but it’s still viewed as your words effectively.

AlimOzturk
5 hours ago, whodanny said:

Decent guitar player but a  shit hot singer imo. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

I’m not sure tbh, but as a guess, I’d say that from the courts perspective, Depp’s lawyer and Depp himself is treated one and the same. You can choose to represent yourself or pay someone else to do it for you, but it’s still viewed as your words effectively.

Yeh, that's my take on it as well, this lawyer was employed by Depp to speak for Depp, therefore anything he says comes back to Depp.

I'd expect Depp to now try and sue the lawyer for damages.

Seems Johnny was out celebrating in Newcastle last night, was spotted in the Bridge Tavern.

some lad 

Jambo-Jimbo
8 hours ago, Locky said:

Delighted for Depp. Don't think people realise just how big a case this was. It wasn't just about 2 celebrities airing their dirty laundry for money and publicity. Depp winning is a victory for dare I say men as a whole. There's plenty real victims of domestic and sexual abuse, but there's plenty cases where a woman fabricates such claims for whatever reason, particularly where a celebrity or person of influence is involved.

She was an open book about what apparently happened, but I don't recall if she's ever tried to make a criminal claim against Depp for apparently battering and sexually abusing her which is a bit of an alarm bell right away. Also, didn't Depp initiate all this trial? Why would a man take someone to court to clear their name if they were guilty of what they knew would come out in the open? This ultimately made Depp, but could've totally ended him if it didn't go to plan. Can only assume he's been honest and lived in the hope that justice would be served.

These 2 are professional actors so I always tried not to read too much into their emotions as I'm sure they're capable of conveying whatever they want, but Depp did strike me as more sincere. Looked like a man who was just so deflated and fed up of everything that's gone on and you can't blame the guy. Whereas she just came across increasingly desperate to win the jury over with her sob stories.

We'll never know what really did go on behind closed doors and I'm sure Depp isn't squeaky clean, but clearly the vast majority see through her claims as pure lies which says it all really. And as I said earlier in the thread, that irks me because making false claims of domestic and sexual abuse is a huge slap in the face to true victims of such deplorable acts when it is already hard enough for people to speak up and be taken seriously when reporting them.

In a nutshell, **** you Amber Heard.

The other red flag for me, was when Heard's lawyers desperately tried everything in their power to stop the cameras being in court, and have the trial effectively held behind closed doors.

I'd have thought it would have suited Heard to expose Depp as an abuser live in front of the millions watching the trial, of course if Heard was telling lies then the danger is that it would be her who is exposed to the watching public.

The amount of women that have came out against her online was surprising too. Most of the comments chastising her seem to come from females

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

The amount of women that have came out against her online was surprising too. Most of the comments chastising her seem to come from females

Setting aside that most will probably be Johnny Depp fans, maybe women are seeing something in Heard that men are unable to see.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Setting aside that most will probably be Johnny Depp fans, maybe women are seeing something in Heard that men are unable to see.

Past her tits?

Jambo-Jimbo

Guess there will not be the lucrative talk show tour, book, the mini-series nor the 3 part docu-drama film, now that Heard lost.

Shame.

John Findlay
6 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

No most women know just how much lying torags they can be.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

she seems like very troubled person - I’ve got some sympathy for her - to have all she has / had and still be so unhappy is a very sad state of affairs - she’s not alone in that but she seems particularly lost in life ☹️

11 hours ago, jambo89 said:

I've noticed that too.

The independent and guardian Facebook pages have been pumping out numerous pro Heard articles, and the comments section is full of women supporting Depp. Some of these women said that they were DV and SA surviors, and they were angry at Amber Heard for her lies etc.

PortyJambo
11 hours ago, Hansel said:

Some of these women said that they were DV and SA surviors, and they were angry at Amber Heard for her lies etc.

That's where I would think a lot of the anti-Heard and pro-Depp opinion from women would come from. It does people who have suffered domestic violence no good to have someone lose a high visibility case so publicly and lie/embellish so much on the stand. They know it will make some people less likely to believe their own instances of DV, and victims also less likely to come forward.

il Duce McTarkin
14 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

she seems like very troubled person - I’ve got some sympathy for her - to have all she has / had and still be so unhappy is a very sad state of affairs - she’s not alone in that but she seems particularly lost in life ☹️

Same.

I also don't doubt for a second that Depp has treated her like shite, and many of her claims will not be without merit.

He 'won' though, so her lawyers will be looking at the dollar signs and urging her to launch an appeal against the verdict. Utter parasites.

I think that she has been very badly advised right from the start, including the decision to write original article.

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Same.

I also don't doubt for a second that Depp has treated her like shite, and many of her claims will not be without merit.

He 'won' though, so her lawyers will be looking at the dollar signs and urging her to launch an appeal against the verdict. Utter parasites.

I think that she has been very badly advised right from the start, including the decision to write original article.

Her legal team said yesterday that they were thinking of appealing the verdict.  $$$$$$$

28 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Her legal team said yesterday that they were thinking of appealing the verdict.  $$$$$$$

Theyll just be pledging to appeal it, not actually doing so

3 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Same.

Agree .

Also the claim by some this is some kind of victory for men as there's a lot of women who do this shit.

Let's remember that the vast overwhelming majority of victims regarding domestic violence are women and children.

This relationship was toxic .

il Duce McTarkin
8 minutes ago, Ked said:

Agree .

Also the claim by some this is some kind of victory for men as there's a lot of women who do this shit.

Let's remember that the vast overwhelming majority of victims regarding domestic violence are women and children.

That's the bottom line right there.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Theyll just be pledging to appeal it, not actually doing so

Yip, saying something to actually doing it are two different things.

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Agree .

100%.

They probably brought out the worst in each other.

5 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Same.

Her lawyer says she will appeal. 

6 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

That's where I would think a lot of the anti-Heard and pro-Depp opinion from women would come from. It does people who have suffered domestic violence no good to have someone lose a high visibility case so publicly and lie/embellish so much on the stand. They know it will make some people less likely to believe their own instances of DV, and victims also less likely to come forward.

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of these media outlets seem to be blaming Depp for setting back the #metoo and victims of  DV, instead of focusing on Heard.

These media outlets were quick to judge Depp when the allegations were first made, and now they can't back down from that position without admitting they were wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of these media outlets seem to be blaming Depp for setting back the #metoo and victims of  DV, instead of focusing on Heard.

These media outlets were quick to judge Depp when the allegations were first made, and now they can't back down from that position without admitting they were wrong. 

It's the big danger when you don't see and report what is actually happening.

From the evidence they are as bad as each other and if Heard was a man her behaviour would undoubtedly be labelled domestic violence. 

Edited by Mikey1874

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

From the evidence they are as bad as each other and if Heard was a man her behaviour would undoubtedly be labelled domestic violence. 

Correct.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

From the evidence, Heard was worse than Depp. Considerably.

Der Kaiser

My gut feeling is that...

*Their relationship was extremely troubled and toxic at times.

*Heard wrote that article and embellished A LOT of the events

*Heard did not expect Depp to pursue the libel case against her particularly due to the recent surge of the metoo movement. She would be seen as a crusader for women and ultimately strengthen her profile and employability as an actress.

*In court Heard did not seem credible at all. She looked like a very bad actress on the stand trying too hard to convince the jury of a story she had made up herself.

*Her legal team were awful and made her look even less credible.

*She deserved to lose the case against her and many of the stories she made about Depp were untrue.

Just my own feelings garnered from what I have watched and read.