• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Probably too attack minded for us 😅

we were only the third top scorers in the league by a country mile. 👍🏻 

suppose that doesn’t suit you hobo agenda 

mickycameron98

St Johnstone have signed Drey wright and Andy Considine so far. Could go straight down this year based on the level of those signings.

2 hours ago, MyWay said:

Ross County signed the boy Yan Dhanda from Swansea. Very decent player and still young. Surprised we didn't look at him tbh. 

Big money 💰 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Big money 💰 

You wonder what the point is from Ross County’s perspective.

will win nothing, won’t qualify for Europe, will always be based in the arse end of nowhere…

4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Probably too attack minded for us 😅

We were 3rd top scorers last season, 7 ahead of RC and 12 more than Motherwell in 5th

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

will win nothing, won’t qualify for Europe, will always be based in the arse end of nowhere…

They could sell him for silly money in their terms. 

same way we’re striving for consistent European football to give us the financial windfalls. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
14 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

same way we’re striving for consistent European football to give us the financial windfalls. 

What is their record sale?

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What is their record sale?

Liam Boyce to Burton Albion for £500k

40 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Bankrolled by millionaire business man.

51 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yep, they and other teams like them should just fold, what the point

Or maybe like others they might look at what St Johnstone  managed and that gives them hope 

Edited by SCFHearts

RustyRightPeg

Jamie McCart has signed for Rotherham in the English Championship from St Johnstone. 

Have to admit that’s a cracker of a move for him. Was never overly impressed. Kerr got a move to league 1 last year and always thought he was the better of the two. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yup. Ross County have always been quite wide in searching for players, if they can get a few players going they can make money off it. 

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It's still a bit risky if they're chucking big money. Don't know what his contract is, but often these players only sign on 1 or 2 year deals and unless they do ridiculously good, chances are no club will make a serious offer before their contract is about up and the minute their free to talk to other clubs they'll get their heads turned. Charles-Cook being a pretty good example.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Locky said:

It's still a bit risky if they're chucking big money. Don't know what his contract is, but often these players only sign on 1 or 2 year deals and unless they do ridiculously good, chances are no club will make a serious offer before their contract is about up and the minute their free to talk to other clubs they'll get their heads turned. Charles-Cook being a pretty good example.

We shouldn’t also discount the value of a top 6 finish. 

It kinda shows you what can be done if they are reinvesting the increased prize money. 

Chelsea being linked with Sterling. Would be a strange move on his part given the racism he has suffered from their fans.

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I'd happily go north and play for Ross County.

I wouldn't be on a big wage but I'd be living comfortably in a beautiful part of the world and I love going fishing and spending time at the coast.

I think there are far worse ways to spend your days.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Personal enjoyment. He's the owner and fan. Why not. 

Dont be so sensible. Be more miserable! Don’t own a football club, what’s the point

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Won the league cup more recent than us. Guess who they beat in the final?

10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I know man. What’s the point in signing really good football players. Crazy idea…

If we get it right this season then we should finish 3rd comfortably. After that I’d say it’s wide open so why shouldn’t a team like Ross County push the boat out a bit. A player like this could make a real difference. Of course, he could become an expensive flop but that’s the risk you take I guess. 

8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

To what aim?

Pretty sad someone asks that question...the guy is a fan who can bankroll the club to punch way above their weight. To be so dismissive shows an alarming lack of understanding ...

10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

To what aim?

If I win £150m in tonight's lottery and pop my clogs within say the next year or two, I would be liable to pay Inheritance Tax of around £60m.  Would it not be better for me to spend now whatever money I choose on something close to my heart and be happier when I'm alive.  Maybe that's his train of thought and all the while he will (probably) be making fellow fans happier too.

Edited by JamboAl

Batistuta87

Kelle Roos to Aberdeen is a very good signing. Have a feeling Goodwin will spend their budget wisely and will bring in some decent players. 

tartofmidlothian
On 26/06/2022 at 22:07, Locky said:

That's true. If I had to pick I'd say Chris Cadden. I do think he's a good player, and better than Atkinson. Although Natty is young and hopefully kicks on.

Motherwell should have taken our money for Cadden when they had the chance, didn't they get nothing in the end? He'd be a Halkett-type signing for us, one from the Levein era who fits our current team well.

I'd take none of the rest of them, though. Doidge and Nisbet could get goals in our team, but Shankland over either of them for me.

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think those comments are more suited to hibs 😀

Juventus are prepared to pay Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey £3.45m to get him off their books, allowing the 31-year-old to become a free agent after his disappointing loan spell with Rangers. (IBianconero.com)

36 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Kelle Roos to Aberdeen is a very good signing. Have a feeling Goodwin will spend their budget wisely and will bring in some decent players. 

I think they'll be decent this year. Wont catch us but back solidly top 4/5

52 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Motherwell should have taken our money for Cadden when they had the chance, didn't they get nothing in the end? He'd be a Halkett-type signing for us, one from the Levein era who fits our current team well.

I'd take none of the rest of them, though. Doidge and Nisbet could get goals in our team, but Shankland over either of them for me.

Yeah he became a free agent and I'm sure a number of clubs north and south of the border were linked with him. Dare I say we were too? In the end, he opted for big money in America.

tartofmidlothian
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Juventus are prepared to pay Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey £3.45m to get him off their books, allowing the 31-year-old to become a free agent after his disappointing loan spell with Rangers. (IBianconero.com)

I didn't think it was disappointing. :whistling:

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, Locky said:

Yeah he became a free agent and I'm sure a number of clubs north and south of the border were linked with him. Dare I say we were too? In the end, he opted for big money in America.

Wasn't it that because he moved to the States his new club didn't have to pay a development fee, but we would have? I seem to remember Levein bid 100 grand and 'well wanted 500, he was probably worth somewhere in between. They should have taken it, they got nothing.

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

“more or less the third biggest team”

Jota done him up like a kipper 

They aren't even the 3rd biggest team in the city ffs

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

They aren't even the 3rd biggest team in the city ffs

basically Jota wants a Portuguese mate in Scotland with him and he’s sold him whoever was interested in him

hmfc_liam06

Frenkie de Jong looks like being confirmed to Man Utd soon, same with Christian Eriksen. Two very good signings for them.

Still think they need a Kante type midfielder in there, but those two signings are a vast improvement on what's there.

A CB, RB, winger and striker away from thinking about competing though.

Dick Dastardly
49 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

basically Jota wants a Portuguese mate in Scotland with him and he’s sold him whoever was interested in him

FaroffFixedAndeancondor-size_restricted.gif

August Landmesser
30 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

98960071-BA13-4D14-BC7A-845588B62E65.jpeg

Feels like a lot of money for a 29-yr old, wonder what the thinking is there - is he seen as good enough to progress them through Europe again and therefore pay for himself that way? 

Meh, either way, I won't lose much sleep over it

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, August Landmesser said:

Feels like a lot of money for a 29-yr old, wonder what the thinking is there - is he seen as good enough to progress them through Europe again and therefore pay for himself that way? 

A good goal scorer by the looks of it 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, August Landmesser said:

He destroyed them when he was at Malmo during the game at Ibrox if I remember correctly. Scored in both legs too I think. 

August Landmesser
24 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He destroyed them when he was at Malmo during the game at Ibrox if I remember correctly. Scored in both legs too I think. 

wonder if that hints that they expect Morelos to be away

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

wonder if that hints that they expect Morelos to be away

They missed the boat on making serious dough on Morelos. Now he’s got a year left and they’ll probs get £7-10M max. 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They missed the boat on making serious dough on Morelos. Now he’s got a year left and they’ll probs get £7-10M max. 

I'll tune up my tiny violin :smiley2:

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don't see it with him.

If he is £2m+ then a fit Beni is £5m.

His price is probably a bit skewed because he scored a few goals. I think that always inflates a fee. Beni is never going to get many goals with his role in the team. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

His price is probably a bit skewed because he scored a few goals. I think that always inflates a fee. Beni is never going to get many goals with his role in the team. 

15 penalties as part of his 37 career goals. Very few assists as well.

Find it hard to understand how a team so utterly pish as Aberdeen can attract millions for Ramsey and Ferguson, neither of whom really stand out.