• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

LarrysRightFoot
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Definitely one I hoped we had an eye on 

heartsfc_fan
33 minutes ago, Tazio said:

No doubt end up the highest paid player in the MLS.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Said way back on this thread he’d go to the MLS absolute no brainer for him. Was never putting himself through half a championship season before a World Cup 

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Definitely one I hoped we had an eye on 

If we can't get Ronan, I'd like Levitt. 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
Now confirmed by St Mirren that Gallagher has signed a two-year deal in Paisley.

A couple of seasons ago several were saying we should have got him instead of Halkett. Things change quickly in football. 

RustyRightPeg
12 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Aberdeen sign Goalie Kelle Roos from Derby.   Pre contract. 

He’s honking 

20 hours ago, lost in space said:

I am looking forward to the welcome the rat will get at Tynecastle. The problem will be that we will have to ensure we don't cal him an "Irish" ####. Weeg press would love to label us with racist tag!

Too many people see Scotland as affiliated to Ireland these days. Back in the 60s and early 70s Celtic saw themselves as Scottish. Doesn't feel like that nowadays.

11 hours ago, OTT said:

If we can't get Ronan, I'd like Levitt. 

I would place him above Ronan in the signing preferences.  

On 25/06/2022 at 14:43, Locky said:

Sorry Homme, but with the announcement of Cochrane signing permanently, this has aged pretty poorly in only an hour. :lol: 

True that!

I did say squad and not first team though and I stand by that!

I'm loving .net just now absolutely loving it. They have signed a boy from benfica u11s or something a guy from the Gambian leauges and a 90yo winger and they think they are gonna be a different team. You can sense the desperation that someone shows a interest in their mediocre left back and the Scottish Maldini. I love when they get excited it never ends well.

9 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

I'm loving .net just now absolutely loving it. They have signed a boy from benfica u11s or something a guy from the Gambian leauges and a 90yo winger and they think they are gonna be a different team. You can sense the desperation that someone shows a interest in their mediocre left back and the Scottish Maldini. I love when they get excited it never ends well.

They have another striker on loan now as well that they are buzzing about. 11 goals in in about 3 seasons with St Gallen and none last season at Mechelen on loan.

59 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They have another striker on loan now as well that they are buzzing about. 11 goals in in about 3 seasons with St Gallen and none last season at Mechelen on loan.

We should have got him instead of going for simms.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, SCFHearts said:

I wonder if they were any of LJ's picks 😀

None look like the sort of player a League 1 team would generally scout.

I would have thought they would be discussing Lee’s knowledge of the English leagues with him - other than Aidan ****ing McGeady mind….

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

That Gambian boy I reckon will never kick a ball for Hiibs

Oh I dunno, the last one was pretty unforgettable.

Bazzas right boot
On 25/06/2022 at 11:45, indianajones said:

Wtf? May as well have said it's a Catholic club so I'm here. 

If Andy Halliday came out with similar nonsense we would be hounding him out. 

Guys like him are the biggest part of the problem he was greetin his eyes out about a few weeks ago. 

10 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:
Now confirmed by St Mirren that Gallagher has signed a two-year deal in Paisley.

Leaves the sheep with only Bates and an injured mikey devlin at centre half, seems strange to let Gallagher leave for nowt

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Leaves the sheep with only Bates and an injured mikey devlin at centre half, seems strange to let Gallagher leave for nowt

McRorie? 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

McRorie? 

more of a defensive mid but did miss they’ve signed someone from Wycombe, still leaves them fairly light at the back

6 minutes ago, Ribble said:

more of a defensive mid but did miss they’ve signed someone from Wycombe, still leaves them fairly light at the back

They signed Liam Scales on loan from Celtic as well.

Naisys Tackle
16 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The boy on loan from Celtic too but aye it doesn't look solid at the back for them at all. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

For now, he wants a move. 

Let me guess to a team from Govan by any chance?

7 hours ago, Homme said:

True that!

I did say squad and not first team though and I stand by that!

That's true. If I had to pick I'd say Chris Cadden. I do think he's a good player, and better than Atkinson. Although Natty is young and hopefully kicks on.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Let me guess to a team from Govan by any chance?

Nah, down England is where he wants to go.  Surprisingly. 

Hibs player recruitment is akin to playing football manager and having say a million and getting about 15 players in and every one a total gamble. How on earth are they going to keep so many players happy. They must be selling Doig, Doidge and the thug. Can seriously see that lot really struggling next season. Scattergun approach doesn’t begin to cover it

Tom Hardy’s Dug
37 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Hibs player recruitment is akin to playing football manager and having say a million and getting about 15 players in and every one a total gamble. How on earth are they going to keep so many players happy. They must be selling Doig, Doidge and the thug. Can seriously see that lot really struggling next season. Scattergun approach doesn’t begin to cover it

They’ll be the sort of team that might click 1 in 5 games and thump someone and get strung up in the other games.

Kind of like Stendal’s team.

jamboinglasgow
47 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The key to all this for Hibs, is the do the players they sign fit the same style of play? Because you can take chances on players but if they dont play the same style then it will never work.

I dont know really know what style Lee Johnson wants at Hibs and if those players fit that, does anyone know?

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I do the opposite in football manager. 

Buy 3 or 4 players on high wages and if they get injured I'm ****ed. 

42 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I do the opposite in football manager. 

Buy 3 or 4 players on high wages and if they get injured I'm ****ed. 

Similar but different.

Hibs have done the big spend / injury thing too. See Nisbet, McGennis, Mueller (bird flu).

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Has anyone signed anyone half decent apart from us?  It all seems quite slow elsewhere.

A few here and there. 

Aberdeen are trying to think outside the box and bring in from abroad. 

Reaffirms the point that we shouldn’t panic if we go 5/6 days without a scarf above the heed.

St Mirren going down the Australia route now.  Wonder if prices will rise now it's happening more frequently.

St Mirren sign Western Sydney Wanderers' Keanu Baccus and Aberdeen's Declan Gallagher

Last updated on54 minutes ago54 minutes ago.From the sectionSt Mirren

Keanu Baccus (right) in action for Western Sydney Wanderers Keanu Baccus (right) made more than 100 A-League appearances for Western Sydney Wanderers

St Mirren have signed Australia Under-23 midfielder Keanu Baccus from Western Sydney Wanderers after the arrival of Aberdeen centre-half Declan Gallagher.

Both have signed two-year contracts with the Scottish Premiership club.

The 24-year-old Baccus came on as substitute in his country's three games at last year's Tokyo Olympics.

St Mirren manager Stephen Robinson believes he will go to to win full caps and "will provide a real energy and quality" to the Paisley side.

"He's a real athlete and gets about the pitch well," he told his club website.

South African-born Baccus, who came through the youth ranks to play for Western Sydney in the AFC Champions League, made 21 appearance, all of them starts, as his side finished 10th of 12 teams in the last A-League season.

Baccus, who St Mirren hope will receive visa approval to join the squad at their pre-season camp in Belfast, becomes their seventh summer signing after Sunday's capture of Gallagher.

Declan Gallagher won the last of his 10 Scotland caps in a June 2021 friendly against Luxembourg Declan Gallagher won the last of his 10 Scotland caps in a June 2021 friendly against Luxembourg

St Mirren say the 31-year-old former Dundee and Livingston defender chose them over "a host" of Scottish and English clubs.

Gallagher, who has 10 Scotland caps, made 30 appearances for Aberdeen last season after arriving from Motherwell.

He struggled to maintain the form that had earned him international recognition under Robinson at Fir Park and departed half way through a two-year contract.

Edited by livi

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Has anyone signed anyone half decent apart from us?  It all seems quite slow elsewhere.

Ross County signed the boy Yan Dhanda from Swansea. Very decent player and still young. Surprised we didn't look at him tbh. 

Absolute Scenes
22 minutes ago, MyWay said:

Ross County signed the boy Yan Dhanda from Swansea. Very decent player and still young. Surprised we didn't look at him tbh. 

We’ll have had our reasons