***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Just seen that there. Could have potential, but I'm still not fearing that scoring record in the Portuguese 2nd tier. Seems a bit of a risky game Hibs are playing considering the season they've just had. You'd think they'd be looking for competent, proven players who'll come in, get results and prop them up the table again. Instead, they're still playing along with this myth that they're an attractive side and the best club in Scotland for young players to come to. Only takes one of these signings to pay off I guess, but could also hinder the club further in the coming seasons.

Was talking to two of my Hibs mates in the golf club last night and they have no idea what’s going on. 

They seem to think Kensell is playing real life football manager and has a shortlist of 22 and under players he wants with a hint of potential. 

They aren’t convinced Johnson is having a say in who’s coming in and don’t expect him to last long in this regime. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Was talking to two of my Hibs mates in the golf club last night and they have no idea what’s going on. 

They seem to think Kensell is playing real life football manager and has a shortlist of 22 and under players he wants with a hint of potential. 

They aren’t convinced Johnson is having a say in who’s coming in and don’t expect him to last long in this regime. 

Johnson was told he'd have control.  If he doesn't he'll walk and/or it'll crumble and he'll keep his wage until he's sacked.  It's mental over there.

No chance LJ has brought in the players so far.  So will he also get to bring in a couple of his own?  We'll see I guess.  They need loads of work though.

Kinsella wants out.  Ron Gordon wants out.  I'd be shitting it if I was a Hibby.

Was speaking to hibs mate recently and frankly who do you see worse than them?  Killie coming up is a concern for Hibs I think.  They won't come up and back down like Dundee.  Hibs may well need someone to have a mare, maybe St J just don't get it back or something.  But it'll be a hard hard league this season I think - no fodder.  Hibs could conceivably be in big trouble.  And signing guys like this won't help.  They need good professionals.  The only ones they have at the club (Stevenson, McGinn, McGregor, Hanlon) with any savvy are all past it or unwanted.

18 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I agree with them tbh regarding Johnson. Certainly doesn't seem the type of signing he'd make. He's been at bigger clubs with bigger budgets before and never opted for these kind of players.

Strange indeed and I personally hope it all blows up in their face.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Locky said:

Can't wait to see big Rowles fling him about like a chippy wrapper in the wind.

Just seen that there. Could have potential, but I'm still not fearing that scoring record in the Portuguese 2nd tier. Seems a bit of a risky game Hibs are playing considering the season they've just had. You'd think they'd be looking for competent, proven players who'll come in, get results and prop them up the table again. Instead, they're still playing along with this myth that they're an attractive side and the best club in Scotland for young players to come to. Only takes one of these signings to pay off I guess, but could also hinder the club further in the coming seasons.

It does have a feel of Levein's transfer selections. Take chances on players but its full of these players rather than one or two. 

As you say it could pay off but you need proven players alongside.

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Its weird, so far their signings are

Momodou Bojang - a 20 year striker on loan from a Gambian club who has only played U23 Portuguese football for a season.

Ewan Henderson - winger signed permanently after being on loan for six months, has been ok for them

Rocky Bushiri - centre back, accidently signed after playing so many games on loan it triggered him staying 

Nohan Kenneh - 19 year old Leeds Defensive midfielder, has some postitve right ups but has only played reserve football.

David Marshall - Experienced and decent goalkeeper (though was goalkeeper a problem position for them?)

Lewis Miller - 21 year old Right back from Australia, has played a number of games.

Feels very scattergun, a lot of players they are taking chances on. 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It does have a feel of Levein's transfer selections. Take chances on players but its full of these players rather than one or two. 

As you say it could pay off but you need proven players alongside.

Momodou Bojang - a 20 year striker on loan from a Gambian club who has only played U23 Portuguese football for a season.

Ewan Henderson - winger signed permanently after being on loan for six months, has been ok for them

Rocky Bushiri - centre back, accidently signed after playing so many games on loan it triggered him staying 

Nohan Kenneh - 19 year old Leeds Defensive midfielder, has some postitve right ups but has only played reserve football.

David Marshall - Experienced and decent goalkeeper (though was goalkeeper a problem position for them?)

Lewis Miller - 21 year old Right back from Australia, has played a number of games.

To be fair, I wouldn't be unhappy with Miller or Kenneh

Can see why they signed Marshall, still laughing at Bushiri 🤣🤣🤣🤣

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Scattergun is a good way to put it. 

Marshall would’ve put the average age through the roof so maybe the host of 19, 20, 21 year olds is an effort to bring that back down 😀

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Johnson was told he'd have control.  If he doesn't he'll walk and/or it'll crumble and he'll keep his wage until he's sacked.  It's mental over there.

No chance LJ has brought in the players so far.  So will he also get to bring in a couple of his own?  We'll see I guess.  They need loads of work though.

Kinsella wants out.  Ron Gordon wants out.  I'd be shitting it if I was a Hibby.

Was speaking to hibs mate recently and frankly who do you see worse than them?  Killie coming up is a concern for Hibs I think.  They won't come up and back down like Dundee.  Hibs may well need someone to have a mare, maybe St J just don't get it back or something.  But it'll be a hard hard league this season I think - no fodder.  Hibs could conceivably be in big trouble.  And signing guys like this won't help.  They need good professionals.  The only ones they have at the club (Stevenson, McGinn, McGregor, Hanlon) with any savvy are all past it or unwanted.

The last bit there, as Hibs know all about our failures, then surely that line should scare the living daylights out of them. We went down as the players who were expected to lead and be strong veteran pros failed to act, with a team of inconsistent players meant the team fell to pieces. This could easily happen there.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The last bit there, as Hibs know all about our failures, then surely that line should scare the living daylights out of them. We went down as the players who were expected to lead and be strong veteran pros failed to act, with a team of inconsistent players meant the team fell to pieces. This could easily happen there.

Absolutely.  I mean, is Porteous their leader now!?!?!  Yikes!

RustyRightPeg
Just now, TheBigO said:

Absolutely.  I mean, is Porteous their leader now!?!?!  Yikes!

For now. There’s a good chance he could go. Even he’s not daft enough to hang around. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

For now. There’s a good chance he could go. Even he’s not daft enough to hang around. 

I can see Hibs selling him and Doig this summer (if they can) and probably for amounts less than will be said in the press.

Bologna agree to let Hickey go if their fee is met.  18million mentioned and Arsenal in the wings.

August Landmesser

Apologies for polluting the thread;

Benfica reserve player apparently.

Footballfirst

I like to keep an eye on where ex Hearts youngsters end up playing.  Moves that have been reported in the last week are:

Michael Beagley to Dunfermline Athletic

Dean Ritchie to East Stirlingshire

Lucas Berry to Cowdenbeath

Cammy Graham to Cowdenbeath

Conrad Balatoni to Civil Service Strollers

It's all about finding your level I suppose.

Never Let Them Forget

4 year deal 😂😂😂 there transfers are scattergun, they will be in real danger next season.

17 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

4 year deal 😂😂😂 there transfers are scattergun, they will be in real danger next season.

They aren’t half buying youngsters hoping to turn them into world beaters and sell them for millions. 

Every chance this guy is rubbish and are stuck with him for 4 years 

Funny one of the delusionals posted 3rd place up for grabs next season cos we struggled 2nd half against 10 men. 

Rick Sanchez
33 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Starlet.

Rick Sanchez

Hibs fan at my work said they were after some guy from Benfica on a free but offering a 50% sell on. I wasn't that arsed listening but the wording on the article suggests it's a weird one.

58 minutes ago, theshed said:

They aren’t half buying youngsters hoping to turn them into world beaters and sell them for millions. 

Every chance this guy is rubbish and are stuck with him for 4 years 

It's totally mental he looks lightweight as **** for a start , is only 5ft 5in.Not played any first team football at the age of 21 it just seems mental.There is absolutely no way Johnson has seen him either imo.

But hey who knows he might be amazing.Have you seen the deal as well Benfica get 50% of any sell on or 30% of any sell on if Hibs pay a fee.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’m happy to try and be even handed with our hobo friends.

Henderson and Marshall are good players. Proven in our league really. We should accept that.

The others? It does look/feel

like they are trying to build a team to play the U23 EPL teams they play in bounce matches with the rest of their signings though.

This guy managed a grand total of 6 starts for Benfica B last season despite apparently being available all year.

The video of his "best moments" - a 4 minute compilation of him receiving the ball on the wing, walking backwards and passing it backwards into midfield, set to wildly unbefitting dramatic music - is very funny.

8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Henderson and Marshall are good players. Proven in our league really. We should accept that.

like they are trying to build a team to play the U23 EPL teams they play in bounce matches with the rest of their signings though.

Henderson actually looked like their best player last season.Marshall I'm sorry I don't really get the need as the other two are decent on the SPFL on what I have seen and I would imagine Marshall will now be one of if not the top earner at Easter Road

Tom Hardy’s Dug
56 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Henderson actually looked like their best player last season.Marshall I'm sorry I don't really get the need as the other two are decent on the SPFL on what I have seen and I would imagine Marshall will now be one of if not the top earner at Easter Road

Yep I thought Macey was ok. But Marshall is a decent keeper.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Can't say I have seen a lot of Marshall recently.He done well at Cardiff but after that no idea how good he has been but he has certainly hardly played in a while.Decent but was never in Gordon's or MacGregor's class but both these guys have had top drawer careers.

10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Capable of a blooper 

HamishMcGonagall
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I like to keep an eye on where ex Hearts youngsters end up playing.  Moves that have been reported in the last week are:

Michael Beagley to Dunfermline Athletic

Dean Ritchie to East Stirlingshire

Lucas Berry to Cowdenbeath

Cammy Graham to Cowdenbeath

Conrad Balatoni to Civil Service Strollers

It's all about finding your level I suppose.

I read that Anthony McDonald has been released by Edinburgh City. Interesting that they didn't think he was worth keeping for the step up to League One.

3 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

I read that Anthony McDonald has been released by Edinburgh City. Interesting that they didn't think he was worth keeping for the step up to League One.

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Should be hugely disappointed in himself.  A great talent 

tartofmidlothian
4 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

He won't look so cheery after he's played a few matches for them.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Should be hugely disappointed in himself.  A great talent 

Injuries have ruined him. 

Hope he finds a level he can play at consistently with a smile on his face. 

3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Henderson proven? Really? Would honestly struggle to make our bench imo.

47 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He won't look so cheery after he's played a few matches for them.

Sounds like he's not a Johnson signing, article states they've been monitoring him for a while.

loveofthegame

my translation of this tweet and the underlying data is that the boy is effectively at best totally unproven and at worst, absolutely shite.

21, unbelievably lightweight, no first team experience, moving to a tough physical league in harsher conditions. This one wreaks of another car crash.

Their announcement video of him was so amateur looking, as was the standard of football he was playing in (looked like local parks).

Hibs are continuing to add to their squad and by numbers it’s touching 30 first team players now. Bear in mind we’ve said we want about 24 in total. 

They appear to be going down the route of signing lots of untested nobodies. I just don’t think these guys will cut it in our league. I’d be massively alarmed if I was a Hibs fan, but instead they’re like kids at Christmas because their new signing has a cousin who is a good footballer- news for you boys, you’ve not signed the good cousin…

Byyy The Light
31 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

my translation of this tweet and the underlying data is that the boy is effectively at best totally unproven and at worst, absolutely shite.

21, unbelievably lightweight, no first team experience, moving to a tough physical league in harsher conditions. This one wreaks of another car crash.

Their announcement video of him was so amateur looking, as was the standard of football he was playing in (looked like local parks).

Hibs are continuing to add to their squad and by numbers it’s touching 30 first team players now. Bear in mind we’ve said we want about 24 in total. 

They appear to be going down the route of signing lots of untested nobodies. I just don’t think these guys will cut it in our league. I’d be massively alarmed if I was a Hibs fan, but instead they’re like kids at Christmas because their new signing has a cousin who is a good footballer- news for you boys, you’ve not signed the good cousin…

Agree with every word and also add that Barrie McKay is class and Forrest looks very worthwhile signing too.

Unknown user

I saw this on dotnet

-------

Updated squad list after today's news;

Marshall

Macey

Dabrowski

Mitchell

McGinn

Porteous

Doig

Hanlon

Clarke

Cadden

Stevenson

Bushiri

Miller

Delferriere

MacIntyre

Mitchell

McGregor

Newell

Doyle Hayes

Campbell

Tait

Hauge

Magennis

Henderson

Blaney

Aiken

Hamilton

Kenneh

Mackay

Tavares

Nisbet

Doidge

Melkersen

Bojang

O'Connor

Squad of 35 as things stand.

---------

That's ****ing shit :laugh2:

Unknown user
55 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

When you actually go through these graphs :laugh2:

13 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Would be funny to see how their tie in with FC Edinburgh went if they got relegated and the latter got promoted 

7 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Yet Hibs are going ‘all in’ with this signing.    Given no 10 and marketing the guy like he’s the 2nd coming!   Would have thought this type of signing would be lower key,  let the young guy come in and develop but nope, set expectations sky high with a b team youngster coming in from a foreign country.  What could possibly go wrong? 

1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

Yet Hibs are going ‘all in’ with this signing.    Given no 10 and marketing the guy like he’s the 2nd coming!   Would have thought this type of signing would be lower key,  let the young guy come in and develop but nope, set expectations sky high with a b team youngster coming in from a foreign country.  What could possibly go wrong? 

It's mental they all seem to be buzzing about it as well.Truth is if you are at Benfica and good they are in that's side at 17/18 and sold on for absolutely millions by the time they are 20.This guy is 21 and not even touched the first team.His stats at u23 level are very poor and he looks very lightweight and only 5ft 5in coming into a very physical league.There is no way he has been properly scouted I think Ron has been scanning YouTube videos for any youngsters out there

Shooter McGavin

Meanwhile Barcelona, arguably La Ligas biggest asset, is €1.35 billion in debt.

Funny old world.

15 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

I'm not saying this guy is any good but he's a reserve player for a team who consistently make the champions league group stages yet we are hoping beyond hope to sign a player who's contracted to a club who were almost relegated last year and had played only one game for them. Now he might turn out to be rubbish, but slating a club for buying a reserve player is a little hypocritical when that's exactly what we're trying to do.

Clerry Jambo
14 minutes ago, dougal said:

I'm not saying this guy is any good but he's a reserve player for a team who consistently make the champions league group stages yet we are hoping beyond hope to sign a player who's contracted to a club who were almost relegated last year and had played only one game for them. Now he might turn out to be rubbish, but slating a club for buying a reserve player is a little hypocritical when that's exactly what we're trying to do.

It’s just banter mate. No-one knows how these signings will turn out. Hibs are gambling, it may pay off big time or you know the rest.

RustyRightPeg
20 minutes ago, dougal said:

I don’t see us rushing to sign B team

players with no first team experience. 

I get the crux point but Hibs are signing way too many players that are 19/20/21 years old to come in and hit the ground running. 

That’s a huge risk, especially in Scottish football with it’s physically demanding nature. 

4 minutes ago, dougal said:

Simms:

- Actually played a game for the first team

- Played every week for the U23s

- Scored 10 goals in half a season for Blackpool before coming here

Tavares:

- Nowhere near the first team

- Managed a grand total of 6 starts in the Portuguese 2nd tier last season

- Stats look shite across the board (in the Portuguese 2nd tier)

Not exactly the same, I'd argue.

Might be the sheep who need the watching when it comes to consolidating a third spot. Last I heard they're raving about getting millions in transfer money and going to rebuild the squad and conquer Europe.

That might be wishful bleating though, they're even worse than hubz.

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

I saw this on dotnet

-------

Updated squad list after today's news;

Marshall

Macey

Dabrowski

Mitchell

McGinn

Porteous

Doig

Hanlon

Clarke

Cadden

Stevenson

Bushiri

Miller

Delferriere

MacIntyre

Mitchell

McGregor

Newell

Doyle Hayes

Campbell

Tait

Hauge

Magennis

Henderson

Blaney

Aiken

Hamilton

Kenneh

Mackay

Tavares

Nisbet

Doidge

Melkersen

Bojang

O'Connor

Squad of 35 as things stand.

---------

That's ****ing shit :laugh2:

It's batshit is what it is.

What's particularly mental is I don't see many of their own 18-20yearold kids in that 35 (bearing in mind I may not recognise names, but maybe 3 or 4?).  If you have a 35 man squad, you'd think 10 of them would be academy.  Now we don't have millions of our kids in our squad either, but we're running with 24 plus support thereafter from the youths.

And there are admittedly some decent players in there.  You know, Cadden, Clarke (maybe), Henderson (maybe), erm, that's maybe it actually.  Doig has potential if used correctly.  A few who are definite solid prem types like Stevenson, McGinn, Magennis etc.  Not spectacular but the guys you need in any good squad.

But it's very very thin on quality and extemely thin on leadership.  Who leaves will be very interesting. 

I'm spending more time than ever commenting on Hibs, generally they're a background character in my life, but I honestly think what's happening over there is fascinating, especially against the backdrop of our VR years, their behaviour during admin and even their lording the last few years thinking they've cracked it and overtaken us, when in truth we were just having an on-pitch wobble whilst setting up industry leading backroom and infrastructure, and still beating them whilst we couldn't beat anyone else!  And now we're back above them and MILES ahead in every department.  It's genuinely intriguing to me to see what happens over the next year or two over there.  I know some good Hibbies but my sympathy will be scant to say the least!

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***